Chapter 11. Hard-headed Meets Soft hearted

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The next day came and the two decided to call it a day off since they overworked yesterday. Shownu woke up early today and thought of jogging in a nearby park. He put on his shoes, sweatshirt and plugged in his earphones ready to go out. He jogged around the park until he's exhausted. He stopped for a while and inhaled deeply, closing his eyes. He loves morning breezes like this especially when a sunny day's starting to come up. He enjoyed it a lot. A bit smile escaped his lips. As soon as he opened his eyes, a big rounded eyed Minmi welcomed his sight. He stepped back and wiped off his smile the moment he saw her. She was just a meter away from him. 

"What a good morning." Minmi smiled at him as she put her hands in her pockets. 

'Another glimpse of smile from this so-called grumpy guy.' She thought playfully. 

Shownu scoffed when he saw her also in her jogging attire. 

"Y-yah.. What are you looking at?"

She asked curiously but he just jogged again, leaving her. However, she didn't gave up and she trailed wherever he jogs. There's something in him that Minmi was curious at. She wanted to know the reason why he's so cold at her when she hadn't do anything wrong to him. She followed him keeping her 5-meter distance away from him until they got back to the hotel. She changed her clothes quickly and planned to take her breakfast when she saw Shownu all get up with his bag.

"Going somewhere?"

"Ah.. Can I come?" Minmi asked cautiously, making him stopped in his tracks. 

"Of course..."

Minmi had a ray of light when he heard him. 

"NO."

He strongly added which saddened Minmi later on. Her hope was gone. She wanted to come with him because of the fear that he might ditch her. He might leave her there and what would happen to the project she was assigned to? No one could tell. 

Shownu sat comfortably in the car and told the chauffeur to where his destination would be. The car started to move when a continuous knock on the car's window surprised them. The chauffeur had no choice but to open the door for the pleading Minmi. 

"Thank you Mr. Soo." Minmi bowed as she also sat comfortably beside Shownu. 

"What did I told you!?" He gritted his teeth at her. 

"What a warm welcome..." She clucked her tongue as a set back to him. "I'm coming with you." 

She crossed her arms and looked out of the window. Shownu was about to spat back when he saw the chauffeur staring at them. He shook his head feeling defeated at the moment. He gestured the chauffeur to just drive now. He closed his eyes and let sleep eat his annoyed aura. 

 

Bump. 

"We're here now sir." 

The chauffeur said as he parked the car in front of a house in a small village. Shownu also woke up because of the sudden bump. He immediately picked up his bag and headed out of the car. He was about to knock when his conscience knocked him off. He purposely left Minmi at the car who's sound asleep. He later came back and shook Minmi's shoulders roughly which caused the latter to be surprised and woke up completely. 

"Get yourself up now." He commanded. 

She lazily picked her bag and followed him out of the car. She rubbed her eyes and saw that it was a quiet village and it got really dark fast. Did they travel that long?

"Thank you Mr. Soo." She waved sleepily. 

The chauffeur smiled at her and bowed before going. She dragged her feet slowly as soon as Shownu entered the house. 

"Halmeoni, bogosipeo." He greeted and bent down to remove his shoes. When he's done, her grandma came and hugged him. After a long time, he had visited his beloved grandparents. Whenever it's summer vacation during his student life, he likes to spend it with them so much. Luckily, this filming project's location he was assigned too was not far from his grandparents' village. And he thanked it a lot. 

"Shownu ah.. Aigoo, nado. I miss you a lot. You're really grown up now." She smiled, eyeing his grandson from head to toe. 

"Ahjussi! Ah.. I mean Shownu-ssi, where are - "

THUD. 

She fell on her bottom as she didn't see Shownu's back that she hit. She was busy glancing left to right at the surroundings. She rubbed her pained bottom which caused halmeoni to rush to her.

"Oh, Agassi. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 

"Ah, a-ani halmeoni. Not that much. But it really hurts at first though." She shyly said while she dusted her pants. She also picked Zoro who escaped her hand when she fell.. 

"Come let sit there. Did you eat already?" Halmeoni beamed as she guided her in a chair. 

Shownu couldn't believe what he's seeing. Did they just forgot his existence? First, it's him who visited her grandma. And second, it's him who misses her a lot. He was left there standing at the doorway. 

"Stealer puppy." He muttered, puffing his cheeks as he made his way to his room. 

"Agassi - "

"Halmeoni, just call me Mimi."

She held her hand and smiled at her. At their very first meeting, she already fell in love with halmeoni's charm. She's a very kind and caring halmeoni. The grandma type she missed a long time ago. Her grandma passed away when she's still young. 

"Alright. Mimi, you're a very kind and pretty girl. I've been waiting for my Shownu to bring the girl who captured her heart. Now, I'm glad she finally brought you."

Halmeonie caressed her hands softly. With what she heard, her cheeks heated at the moment. He couldn't imagine herself with the person who's always cold at her though. There's no way. But her blushing cheeks weren't telling her the same. 

"Ahm... Halmeoni..." 

Minmi started with hesitation, being extra careful of halmeoni's feeling. She didn't want her to be sad too. 

"S-Shownu-ssi and I..ah, we're not what you thinking. He didn't like me a single bit. Mianhae.. "

She said while pressing halmeoni's hands back softly. 

"Jinjja?? I thought you two were... Aigoo. I'm sorry too. But someday, if it's you...then I'll be very glad too." She beamed. 

Minmi just smiled at her in return. But at the back of her mind, Shownu was already holding an 'X' sign. 

"Halmeoni, what do we have for tonight?" Shownu stuck out his head while in the kitchen, eye smiling at her grandma.

"Of course, your favorite darling." She replied, mouthing a 'wait a second' to Minmi before heading to his grandson. 

Shownu straightened forward and Minmi could see them talking affectionately. She was surprised again. Smiling like that wasn't Shownu's personality when it comes to her. 'Did angel Shownu just came down to earth tonight?' She thought. 

"Mimi!" Halmeoni also stuck his head out of the kitchen. "Come, join us dear."

"A-arasseo, halmeoni." 

'I'm dead.' She thought as she dragged her feet to the kitchen. As much as she wanted to be friends with Shownu, she's afraid he might eat her alive this time. He never interacted with her that long enough, face to face. She slowly sat at the chair pulled by halmeoni. Luckily, she sat beside Shownu which means he could only see her peripheral view. Halmeoni happily served the two which were very hungry after a long trip. Minmi was surprised that Shownu's favorite was also chicken curry. Now that she knew, next time maybe a packed lunch curry would do to make them friends. 

"Here Mimi ah, help yourself. Don't be shy." Halmeoni pushed the bowl of rice and kimchi soup to her. Minmi happily obliged. 

"Try also my specialty." She beamed, pointing at the curry. 

Minmi was going to scoop when Shownu dragged the bowl closer to him. He scooped first causing her to puff her cheeks at his actions. She thought he's really doing it on purpose. He didn't even pass it to her which made halmeoni squinting her eyes to him. Shownu later raised his head up only to meet eyes with her grandma. He gave his sweetest smile at her followed by an act to cover it. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Want some?" He smiled at Minmi and pushed the bowl to her gently. 

"G-gumawo." 

Her cheeks gone red again. His smile seemed so real that it struck her. She shook her head lightly, convincing herself that's not real. Only she didn't know, halmeoni noticed her and it brought a joy to halmeoni's heart. They enjoyed eating and chatting with each other. There were just times that Minmi felt like she shouldn't interrupt the grandma and grandson's moment. But halmeoni wanted to know more about Minmi so she also asked her questions. When they're finished eating, Minmi volunteered to wash the dishes but halmeoni insisted that Shownu must also help. Halmeoni left Minmi to Shownu's care and told them she'll be heading to their bedroom first. She wanted her to stay but Minmi had no choice. She started cleaning the plates in the sink while Shownu still sat there. She was very  nervous at that time. It's like he might throw daggers at her back in a second. 

"Is... halmeoni still with harabeoji?" She carefully asked, hoping she could lighten the mood. 

"It's none of your business." He spatted back as he walked towards her, snatching the sponge on her soaped hand gloves.

"Don't pretend to be nice when in fact you're not."

He glared at her, causing her to step back a little.

"Move aside." He commanded harshly. 

He started cleaning the dishes and Minmi couldn't do anything at all. Deep inside, she also couldn't handle it anymore. She was hurt...really hurt.

"Yah! Shownu-ssi! What have I done to you?!

She replied, gathering all her courage. 

"If you have a problem with me, say it!"

Her eyes were getting blurry now, tears flowing from it. She couldn't contain it anymore. If she wouldn't talk to him face to face, then she'll be carrying a heavy heart all the time when she's with him. No more lies. No more pretending. She wanted a reason from him why he hates her so much. Minmi clutched to her head. She felt dizzy all of a sudden. And in a few seconds, everything went black. 

__________________________________

Uh oh. You're in deep trouble Shownu-ssi. X)

*btw. Sorry for the late update and thanks all for subscribing ^^*~