Chapter 12. Turned 160°

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Shownu immediately removed his gloves and rushed to Minmi. He panicked at that time, unable to think of what he should do. He blamed himself for what happened. He was going to lift her up when he noticed that her temperature was different. He put his hand to her forehead and it was very hot. From overworking, travelling and stress, maybe that's why she caught a fever. But that didn't help diminish the guilt he felt. He carried her gently in his arms and went to his room. He carefully laid her in his bed. He went back to the kitchen and prepared a lukewarm water and a clean cloth. He had no idea of doing this but way back during his younger days, he had seen this already done by his eomma and halmeoni. 

"I hope this helps." He muttered nervously as he put the now dampened cloth to Minmi's forehead. She moved a bit feeling uncomfortable but later calmed. He tucked in a blanket to her and found a comfortable seat beside her. He squatted though and laid his back to the wall for support. Since the bed structure was not that high, he could put his arms on it even if sitting. He should find a way to sleep and that's the time he laid his head on the bed with his arms for support. His face was only a feet away from Minmi's, a reason why he couldn't stop staring at her side view. Her face was calm now. Another thing Shownu was thankful for. In a few minutes, he found himself admiring her lovely face already. He shook his head and blinked many times to forget what he did. 'Mianhae.' He murmured as he fought the sleepiness that crept to his senses. He soon didn't notice that he fell asleep in who knows what time it is. 

 

A ray of sunlight hit Minmi's face, causing her to wake up. She shielded her face from the light and her hand caught the cloth on her forehead. She tried to remember everything last night but the last thing she only remembered was her fight with Shownu and her getting dizzy. She brushed the thought away and just savored the morning light. Too early to be stressed. At least she's fine now. She turned to her left and her eyes went bigger when she saw a peaceful Shownu sleeping. His head was still on the bed with his arms supporting. She admired the scene in front of her for a while. His thick eyebrows, to his nose line and down to his lips. She found his lips cute as it suddenly opened slightly and closed quickly. 

"I hope you stay like that. You're like an angel when asleep." She whispered and giggled at the thought. But she came back to her senses when she realized what she's doing. 

"Shownu-ah! Ireona! Your harabeoji is eager to talk to you."

A voice from outside which obviously from halmeoni stirred Shownu's sleep. Minmi quickly closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep as Shownu was now wide awake. He rubbed his eyes and he saw her clearly. He was going to put his hand on her forehead to check her temperature again but he later put his hand down. He retreated back for he thought he might woke her up. He got himself ready and went out of the room. Minmi opened her eyes slowly and found he's gone which she thanked for. He finally got up and sat on the bed. She found Zoro placed in her right side too. She observed the room and saw that it was neat and lightly decorated. A sign that it must be Shownu's. A picture frame was on the table which caught Minmi's attention. She took it and saw three person smiling - halmeoni, young Shownu and an old man who she assumed as his harabeoji. As she returned back the picture to its original place, she saw that the drawer was slightly open. She was about to close it when something caught her eyes, a white mask used in promenades or masquerade parties. Have she seen it before? It looks familiar to her that she wanted to look at it closely. She was going to take it out but she heard footsteps coming so she closed the drawer hurriedly. 

"Good morning Mimi." Halmeoni greeted as she entered the room gently. 

"Good morning too halmeoni." She beamed. Halmeoni sat in the opposite corner of the bed. 

"How's your sleep dear?"

"It's good halmeoni. I had a good sleep."

"That's good then. Since you're awake now, come and join us for breakfast dear."

"Arasseo halmeoni."

She gladly tidied the bed and halmeoni watched her in awe. The moment Minmi arrived yesterday, she knew it was her already. It was her whom her grandson had his heart to. Nothing could ever beat what her eyes saw last night. They went out and joined Shownu and harabeoji at the dining table. Harabeoji sat beside Shownu and he was feeding him. From what she's witnessing, she could tell that harabeoji was already blind. His eyes were open yet he seemed looking at a distance. And on top of it, this side of Shownu was new to her again. She still believed that halmeoni took care of her last night and that Shownu was just there to sleep. But why he would do that either? It's never on his vocabulary to sleep with a girl especially her. That's a mystery she wanted to confirm with halmeoni later. 

"Honey, a visitor is with us today. Meet Mimi." Halmeoni happily introduced her. Harabeoji's lips curved into a smile when he heard the news. 

"Welcome and enjoy your stay here Mimi." He beamed. 

"Ne harabeoji. Gumawo." She smiled and bowed,  completely forgetting he's blind for him to see her bow. But she ignored it and showed respect even if he couldn't see it. A happy tone was already enough for harabeoji to make him smile in return. Harabeoji and halmeoni enjoyed talking with Minmi while Shownu ate silently. Harabeoji could still eat by himself but whenever Shownu was there, this grandson insists to feed him. On the other hand,  Shownu thought of it as the only way he could show his love and care towards him because of his blindness. But still, even his grandparents weren't blind, he'd still do the same when they're already very weak. 

After eating, Minmi offered to accompany harabeoji since he wanted to go outside for a walk. Halmeoni was left fixing their leftovers while Shownu went out first. She guided harabeoji holding his left arm while his right arm was holding a support stick. They walked slowly until they reached outside. Minmi was amazed at the view. It's her first time here at daytime. Houses in the village were a bit far from each other giving it a lot more spacious look. She spotted at one corner, not too far from the house, a beautiful farm full of different kinds of flowers. It was well maintained and she could see that it's what halmeoni and harabeoji's do for a living. They're selling fresh flowers thru their small flower shop which she didn't notice last night. They walked towards a bench under a big tree. Harabeoji told her that it's his favorite place. Minmi inhaled deeply as she savored the fresh air. What you see from the bench was a beautiful greenfield. All covered with green grasses which captured her heart easily. She loves nature like this. 

"Mimi?"

"Hmm? Ne harabeoji? 

"Oh, I thought you're gone." He chuckled. "Do you like it here too?"

"Ye haraboeji. I love places like this." She smiled. 

Harabeoji also smiled and kept his stance.

"In any way, do you also like Shownu?"

"Ah. ah..harabeoji you must be joking, right?" She laughed which made harabeoji chuckle. There was a moment of silence therein after. 

"Shownu was a very caring boy. He had the heart of a grandson every grandparents would envy. I hope he'll find someone who would also take care of him soon."

Minmi listened carefully to him. 'I hope he does.' She sighed. 

"Ahm, harabeoji what will you do when there's a person who really hates you?"

"Who hates you my child?"

"Ah. It's not me harabeoji. It's my friend."

"Ah okay. If there's someone who hates you, just hug him to death. Love is more powerful than hate,  right?" He beamed. 

"Ah n-ne. Ne. Gumawo harabeoji." She bit her bottom lip. Do she really have to do that? 

 

Meanwhile... 

"Ey! You've gone bad buddy." Wonho passed the ball to Shownu again. 

"No. I'm not." Shownu retorted as he dribbled the ball and shoot it perfectly after the nth time. 

"See?" He smirked. "Even if the three of you would go against me."

"Wohoh..hoh..our Shownu hyung is really back." Minhyuk clapped his hands in excitement. 

"But hyung, is it really true? You brought a lovely girl in the neighborhood?" Hyungwon asked as he guarded a dribbling Shownu. 

"That's not true. Where did you hear that?" He scoffed and passed by Hyungwon but only to be guarded by Minhyuk. 

"You know you're popular here hyung. Can we meet her?" 

"Hajima Minhyuk ah."

Now it's Wonho's turn to guard him. 

"Ai-yah.. You're so selfish. Wooh! Our hyung got already a girl!" 

Wonho announced and some more. These four were bestfriends together with Kihyun during the old days. It was timely that these three had also their vacation. But the next thing he did shock the three. He threw the ball strongly outside the court. 

ACK!

Minhyuk and Wonho's mouth still hung open as they pointed at the direction of the ball. 

"What?" 

He asked curiously but didn't get a reply from them. He turned his head, only to see Minmi rubbing her face. She opened her eyes slowly and realized it was Shownu who threw the ball at her. She drooped down and soon fainted to the ground. 

"Mimi? Mimi ah?! Are you okay? Eodisseo?!

Harabeoji panicked which caused Wonho, Hyungwon and Minhyuk to rush to their direction. 

"Harabeoji, don't panic. Minhyuk, Hyungwon and I were here."

"Wonho?"

"De harabeoji. We're sorry. A ball accidently hit this lady's face and she fainted. We're playing basketball. " Wonho explained nervously as he bent down to examine Minmi's face. 

"Why you're not being careful?! Aigoo these kids. Who hit her?"

The two was hesitant to answer him since Shownu might eat them alive. But Hyungwon later told the truth. 

"S-shownu hyung."

"Shownu ah~?!" Harabeoji called in a mad tone. "Son Hyun Woo! Come here!"

Shownu, who had his feet still planted on his spot, was no choice but to follow his grandpa's order. 

"J-joseonghamnida harabeoji. I didn't mean to-" 

"Not to me. You should apologize to Mimi. Look what you've done. Now, go and carry her to our house. Ppalli~"

"Don't worry we'll take care of harabeoji." 

The three guided harabeoji to their house first and left the two. Shownu bent down and examined Minmi's face too. He crossed his arms. 

"Yah. Ireona~" He shook her shoulders. 

"I said get up now!" Still got no response. 

"Yah! You'll get up or I will-" He came closer to her face to check her breathing when Minmi suddenly lift her head up. She soon gasped and hurriedly covered with two hands. She was going to get up when he heard his last warning, afraid that he might do something stupid to her. But their lips met accidentally that Shownu was also startled and moved back a bit. 

"Y-yah! Michingeoya! First, you harassed my cheek and now my lips!? ert." He yelled at her. 

"Ey-yah! I didn't want it to happen either! And wait,  was it your oh-so-precious face that was close to me, huh?" 

She retorted sarcastically which only made Shownu gone angrier. He huffed and stood up, leaving her on the ground. 

"Stiff ahjussi.' She murmured. She thought back to him calling her ert and she scoffed at it. 'ert when he's the one. Since when did I harassed his cheek. Pfft. ' She mentally rebutted as she tries to remember when did she harassed his cheek. She stood up, dusting her clothes when a hand grabbed her left hand suddenly and walked fast. A hand she was afraid of just a while ago. She had no choice but to follow him though even if she really didn't want to. Or else an angry lion would come out and he would roar again to her. 

 

______________________________________

 

Omo. *>////<* ㅎㅎㅎ

Hi-yeom ^^!! 

The story's cover is up. Do you guys like it? 👍

Thanks for the support ❤