Chapter 08. Some Good News

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Mimi, our department head is calling you."

Minmi quickly stopped at what she's doing when she heard Kihyun. 

"Arasseo. Thanks Hyunie."

While on her way to their department head's office, she kept on thinking what's the reason why he called her. It's been a while since she was called at his office. But she had nothing to worry about since he's  also very kind to them. As a matter of fact,  he always wanted them to drop the honorific when talking to him. He also treats her as his dongsaeng. 

"Good morning Xiumin-nim." Minmi greeted with a smile. 

"Ey, what's with the 'nim' thing." Xiumin puffed his cheeks pretending to be hurt as he swiveled his chair. 

"For a sunbae though."

"But oppa is much better." He protested. 

Minmi laughed but soon stopped when Xiumin was staring at her pretending to be mad. 

"I'm just kidding. Tao might kill me if you'll call me that." He laughed. 

"Ani. Sunbae oppa." Minmi smiled. "Why did you call me anyway?"

"Hmm..some good news though..for our cute news anchor." He smiled as he opened a folder and handed it to her. 

Minmi read thoroughly what's inside the folder and she couldn't explain how happy she is right now. 

"Omo. Sunbae, you aren't kidding me, right?!" She still couldn't believe it. 

"Yeah Minmi. So as stated in there, you'll be filming a documentary about elderly in Gangwon-do  province. You'll be out of town for two weeks."

She couldn't help but to feel excited for her career, she really wanted to do a documentary. She wanted to do a deep study on a certain topic and share it to the public. It will help the viewers understand and learn more about it. But her smile turned into a frown when she realized it sooner. 

"That also means...omo. ahjussi guy." She muttered. 

"What did you say?"

"Ah nothing sunbaenim."

"That's good then. You'll bring Shownu with you as cameraman. Eunji and Kihyun will be there too but only on the second week. I have an assignment for them for the first week."

"Sunbae, I'll take the project but on one condition.  I'll take my own car." She was worried though. Or scared maybe? 

"Sure dongsaeng ah. No problem. " He replied quickly."Thank you sunbaenim."

"Okay. That's it. Just call me when you have concerns." He smiled and shook hands with Minmi to congratulate her. The latter smiled and bowed, leaving the room immediately. She had to share this good news to her friends especially Tao. 

When she arrived at their office room, she slowly got in smilingly and sat down to her chair, hoping not to be noticed by them. 

"Congrats Mimi ah!" 

Kihyun and Eunji said in unison who rushed to her with excitement. She dropped her shoulders because of the fact that they knew it already. She was spoiled again. 

"Awh. You guys are awesome. How did you know?"

"Of course, we were called by Xiumin-nim first before you." Kihyun laughed. 

"Ne. That's a good project Mimi." Eunji added. 

But Minmi's smile disappeared when he glanced at Shownu who's busy working. And Kihyun already knew what it means. 

"Mimi ah, don't worry about Shownu hyung. He's really not that bad." He comforted her. 

"I hope so." She replied curtly. 

 

When work hours ended, Tao decided to drive Minmi home since Eunji were still working overtime. She also didn't bring her car today because it's still under repair. 

"Oppa, I've got some good news."

Minmi started their conversation excitedly when they're on the way home.

"Oh, what is it?"

He turned his head, eager to hear it. 

"I've got a new project given by Xiumin sunbae. A documentary though."

"Wow! Jinjja! That's good. When and where will you be filming?" 

"In Gangwon-do oppa. Next week." She replied smilingly. 

"Hmm. I want to come too but our CEO had given me tons of work to do this coming week. Aigoo."

She was saddened too of what he said but in fact  hearing him that he wants to come with her is already enough for her. Though she also wanted him to come so badly. The car finally stopped and Minmi got out of the car first before he could open it for her. She didn't want him to treat her like a princess that much like the last time. She'll fall for him even more. 

"It's okay oppa. Don't worry about me.  I'll bring my own car plus I'm grown-up now so whoever mess with me will be in danger." She laughed as he faced Tao,  ready to say their goodbyes with each other. 

"Ne. If anything comes up. Don't hesitate to call me. Arasseo?"

"Arasseo oppa. Thank you and goodnight. Take care on your way home!" 

Tao ruffled her hair and smiled before leaving. She smiled back and waved as she watched Tao driving back his car and soon vanished in the road. She got in and fixed herself ready for bed. She received a message though causing her to be more worried that night. 

 

- Xiumin sunbae -

'Minmi dongsaeng, I forgot to tell you. All the expenses will be shouldered by the company. Don't worry, I gave your budget to Shownu already. He will handle it.'

'Andwae. Sunbae should have gave it to me instead. I couldn't even approach that ahjussi guy. Pfft. ' She thought.

"Awh.. Mimi ah! We can do this. Fighting." She muttered to herself, pumping her fist in the air. She then tucked in for bed and let her worries fade away for now. 

 

_______________________________________________

Short chapter though. 미안~

*careful Mimi ah! ㅋㅋㅋ