Chapter 18. Started With A Morning Sweetness

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Though she wasn't in bed and still half awake, Minmi thought why she had this feeling of such comfort. She had really a good sleep. A smile escaped her lips as she nuzzled more to this soft and lightly scented thing while eyes still closed. She spread her arm and her hand landed on a thigh. Oh, wait. Did she just have three thighs? Did heaven punished her? She searched her thighs by placing her hands on her lap and found it's okay. But when she put back her left hand to where it landed a while ago, it's still a thigh. She sensed something's wrong and her forehead creased. She finally decided to open her eyes to check if she might only be  dreaming. Her eyes widened when Shownu's jawline welcomed her sight. She's almost kissing his neck as she burried her face at the crook of it a while ago. She looked at her hand and it was placed on Shownu's thigh.

"Breakfast is ready guys~ You'll be late at work." A voice from the kitchen was heard. 

Shownu was stirred from his sleep and soon moved his head away from Minmi. But he wasn't aware yet of what's happening. She quickly straightened her body too and removed her hand on Shownu's thigh. When Shownu saw her face beside him, he quickly distanced himself but only to be burdened by his right arm wrapped around her waist. He removed his hand at her immediately, causing her to look at her waist too. 

"Ah. I-it is not what y-you're thinking..."

Shownu stuttered as he backfaced Minmi. He hurriedly went to his room flustered while Minmi couldn't also believe what happened. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun...was the only thing she could hear at the moment. She blinked at him just as a smiling Mrs. Son came out of the kitchen. 

"Good morning dear. How's your sleep?"

"De. G-Good morning too Mrs. Son. I-It's fine. I had a g-good sleep...?" She smiled to cover what she just said which more looked like a question. 

"That's good then. Come and join us for breakfast." 

"Ne. Gumawo Mrs. Son." 

She shyly walked with her towards the dining room. Shownu also followed and they ate their breakfast together. The two was awkwardly eating and Mrs. Son smiled. Although she didn't want to disturb their precious moment early this morning, work is now calling for them. Not to mention, they're already late. 

"Omo. I'm sorry Mrs. Son, I've got to go home now. I still need to get ready for work. Thank you again."

Minmi bowed and smiled at Mrs. Son and the latter also gladly sent her outside the house. She waved at Mrs. Son and went home as fast as she could. 

"Way to go son." Mrs. Son patted Shownu's back and widely smiled at him when she got back to the dining room. 

"Aigoo. Eomma~ Aniyo..."

"Aniyo what?" She grinned. 

Shownu facepalmed and decided to get ready for work after eating. Mrs. Son took a deep breath and sighed. 

"Young love nowadays." She muttered, shaking her head smilingly. 

 

Minmi turned the door knob slowly upon arriving at work, hoping no one would notice her. But Kihyun's ears perked up the moment she entered the room and welcomed her. 

"Mimi ah!" He smiled. "Aigoo, why you're late?" 

"Ah.. I'm just tired after the party yesterday."

"Was it? Really?"

Eunji popped out beside her, causing her to be surprised. More to be surprised by her question too. 

"Ye. What's with that look?" Minmi replied to her grinning bestfriend.

"Shownu-ssi hasn't also arrive yet." Eunji teased more. 

Kihyun's eyebrows raised up, curious of what they're talking about. The door suddenly opened and there revealed a late Shownu too. 

"Bingo." Eunji smiled mischievously as she elbowed Minmi. "Tell me later Mimi ah."

She finally left the two. Minmi's cheeks got red when flashbacks of earlier came to her mind. Kihyun stared at her. 

"What?"

"I smell something's fishy, Mimi ah~"

"Eobseoyo~"

"Is it something to do with Shownu hyung?" He probed as Minmi's cheeks got redder this time. 

"Omo omo. You're blushing! I'm gonna ask hyung."

"Hajima Hyunie-"

Before Minmi could get a hold of him, he already dashed to his hyung's direction. 

"Yah! Hyuniee ah! Hajima!" 

Minmi hurriedly chased a grinning Kihyun. Unfortunately, Kihyun already arrived at Shownu's table. Shownu was currently having a phone conversation when the two were in front of her. 

"Hyung.." Kihyun started, catching his breath. 

Shownu moved away the phone to his ear for a moment to see what's going on. Minmi looked at him shyly and noticed a red patch on his neck. She remembered her head leaning on it this morning for who knows maybe throughout the whole night. She felt guilty all of a sudden. 

"M-mianhae." Minmi stuttered as she bowed and left the two dumbfounded. 

Kihyun and Shownu raised their eyebrows as they looked at her leaving. Kihyun faced Shownu and gave him a meaningful look. But Shownu just shrugged and continued his phone conversation. 'I'm going to find out soon what really happened.' Kihyun thought, squinting his eyes back and forth to Shownu and Minmi. 

 

A few hours had passed, Tao and Minmi took their lunch together as usual. She enjoyed eating her meal with Tao nowadays which she feared she might get used to like the old days again. He threw jokes and funny stories too during their lunch which made their day full of laughter. Nevertheless, she hadn't in mind yet what tomorrow would bring. All she knows is today with Tao. And this lunch date somehow made her forget of what happened last night and early this morning. 

 

It's news reporting time again when late afternoon came . Minmi readied herself again for today's segment. She went to the makeup room and she was happily greeted by the makeup artists. She bowed and gladly took a seat. Her makeup artist soon started. She was amazed at how fast the artist styled her but very good enough to make her look presentable. She was also praised by the artist that she looks beautiful even without make up. But knowing her as a humble person, she always says that she's not that beautiful. Minmi closed her eyes when eyeshadows were being put but she later opened them when she heard a very familiar voice. 

"Well.. Look who's here." 

Sunhwa faked a smile as she scanned her reflection in the big mirror in front of them. She took a seat beside Minmi and a makeup artist also approached her. She retouched her makeup. Minmi just kept silent and ignored her. She already knew what this girl wanted. And she had no plan of fighting her back. 

"Whether you put a makeup or not, you still look the same Minmi." 

She smirked as she eyed her through the mirror. But still no reply from Minmi. Since she's already done, Minmi bowed to her makeup artist and head out of the room. This annoyed Sunhwa more that she stopped her makeup artist and stood up suddenly. She stomped her feet and went out of the room too. She followed Minmi and when she's almost near her, she hardly bumped her shoulders to Minmi which cause the latter to fall. Fortunately, a pair of arms caught her immediately. She's already in front of the room where the taping usually takes place when Sunhwa did the incident. She raised her head and saw Sunhwa's back, walking straight ahead as if nothing happened. She puffed her cheeks. 

"Are you... alright?"

"N-ne..." Minmi replied nervously when she saw who's the owner of those arms. She straightened herself and bowed to Shownu. He entered back to the studio and busily prepared his videocam. As Minmi also entered, she thought back curiously how Shownu got outside instantly when she fell. But she just shrugged it when she thought maybe he was leaning on the door or going outside just as exactly as she was falling. But what puzzled her again when the shooting was about to start as she looked at the camera, were the words that came out from that person behind the camera a while ago. For her, it was short yet it was like the very first sweetest words that came out from his lips. The words that she never expected to hear from the usual cold guy to her. She covered her hears for a few seconds, hoping that maybe it's just a dream. However, it was real and it's still echoing in her ears. Her lips curved a bit. Maybe, just maybe. She had already made a place to his heart. A place even if it's as tiny as needle point; A place that she didn't want to widen but good enough for him to treat her as not a stranger anymore. By thinking of it, Minmi suddenly felt very happy. Her face brightened more and she later started her reporting joyfully. If she's right... If this continues on... Then she'll no longer have a problem with him. Not anymore... Ahjussi. 

 

_______________________________________________

Aww <3 thank you for the comments subbies. Highly appreciated! ;) 

And also, did you see our Jooheon at SMTM4 already? Waaaaa! He's so jjang. All passed from round 1 & 2. Yay! Fighting Joohoneyyy!