Chapter 04. I'm Here

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Hyung, what's wrong with you?"

Kihyun asked Shownu while eating at a nearby restaurant. It's lunch break and he couldn't wait anymore. He had to know his reasons. The latter just shrugged his shoulders.

"Even when we're in high school, you’re still like that. Aigoo..could you please be nice to Minmi for two months? You'll be with her most of the time."

"Arasseo." He finally answered which made Kihyun relieved. "I'll do whatever I want." He stood up leaving a dumbfounded Kihyun.

"Yahhhh! Hyung! I'm not finished with you yet."

 

Kihyun couldn't do anything. He begged his hyung to replace Gun since he was pressured by their department head. He didn’t give up until Shownu agreed. They've been friends for a long time though Shownu was a senior to him. He owed this one to him. Now, he just hoped he wouldn't do anything wrong again.

 

"Oppa, why you didn't tell me anything?"

Minmi asked as she took a sip of her tea. Tao took Minmi in a cafe not too far from the building as he promised. 

"I want to surprise you, Mimi ah." Tao smiled.

"You’re always full of surprises oppa." She smiled and blushed when the past flashed back through her mind. 

The two continued to talk about work. Tao nagged Minmi to tell more about broadcasting systems in Korea. She still had the advantage since she entered the company earlier than him. All the anger Minmi felt a while ago vanished in an instant when she's with Tao. Little did they know, a pair of eyes noticed them. Those eyes weren't a curious one nor a happy one. Those ones were hurt...

 

After lunch break , Tao and Minmi went separate ways upon entering the building. Minmi's schedule for broadcasting is up in a bit. She made her way to the dressing room and get her make up done by their make up artists. 

On her way going to the studio, some of the employees complimented her for looking gorgeous again for the show. She smiled and bowed to thank them. 'Eh. I'm not that celebrity though.' She thought playfully. Once she stepped her feet on the broadcast filming set, her smile vanished in a flash. There she found the person whom he hated at the very beginning. Kihyun and Eunji were already there so as their director Jooheon.

"Mimi ah..you're so cute today." Eunji smiled while checking her bestfriend's peach turtle neck, sleeveless blouse. Minmi also smiled back at Eunji's comment. She finally took a look on her outfit today and indeed she kinda look different, ranging from her being old-fashioned to a fresh new look.

"Alright! Let's start now." Jooheon shouted while clapping his hands. 

Shownu, who was busy preparing his video cam, was also alarmed and positioned himself ready for shooting. As the news anchor, Minmi went to her table for reporting too. She felt nervous all of a sudden.

"Ok. We're starting in 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1..go." Jooheon instructed.

“G-good evening viewers. I'm S-Shin Minmi and welcome to SBS News Tonight." Minmi stuttered. This caused a shock to all the crew.

"Cut! Jooheon ordered. 

She's been doing this for 2 years now. There’s no way she's making mistakes at this time. It's only a prerecording too and not live. Later, a nervous Minmi was confronted by Jooheon and she apologized. 'This can't be. Why all of a sudden'. She thought. She felt behind the video cam a poker face and a pair of eyes now gazing at her like it would pierce her to the soul. She went back to her table playing with her hands. 'You can do this, Mimi ah'. She encouraged herself while she's looking down. 

"Ok. Take 2!" Jooheon signalled the crew to get ready. Minmi took a deep breath and when she looked up, her face lit up and regained herself back.  There goes Tao... standing behind Shownu who's already peeking at his video cam. He waved at her and mouthed 'fighting'. Shownu tilted his head and followed her gaze to see whom she's smiling at. He scoffed at the scene. Now that she had her lucky charm...

"Good evening viewers. I'm Shin Min Mi and welcome to SBS News Tonight. Let's see the headlines for today's events." Minmi finished with ease as the parade of headlines were flashed at the screen.

 

After a few minutes...

"Ok. That's a wrap! Good job everyone! Thank you." Jooheon said. They're done with the filming and Minmi was relieved. Though Tao leaved the filming set earlier, she’s still happy. She thanked also the crew for the hardwork. She finally decided to approach Shownu since she didn't want any fight with him. 

"T-Thank -" 

"Next time, fix yourself." He said curtly and left the set immediately.

Minmi was left puzzled again. She couldn’t figure out why he's really mean. But she told herself not to give up. 'If he's like that, then he won't defeat me either.' She thought.

 

"Pfft..Stiff ahjussi..." Minmi pouted.

_________________________________________________

 

New update! =">

And thankssss for subscribing ~ ^.^