Chapter 15. Newbie

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The next day was again a back to normal day for Minmi. She soon arrived at their workplace very early. She laid her head on her table and attempted to sleep. 

"Welcome back Mimi ah!!!" Kihyun said in excitement as he saw her. Slowly, Minmi lifted her head up and forced her tired eyes to open widely. 

"Oh. Omo. You scared me! What happened to you?"

Kihyun was shocked because of her panda eyes and big eyebags as well. She just nodded and smiled. Last night was a nightmare to her. After what happened at the bathroom, she couldn't sleep peacefully. Now, she really wanted a good sleep...a very good one. Kihyun let her sleep and decided not to bother her at the moment. Soon, Shownu arrived and Kihyun knew who'll be his target now. He chuckled and approached his hyung. 

"Hyung-ah! Welcome ba-!"

"Don't ask..."

He cut him and laid his back comfortably on the chair, resting his head on the headrest. He's tired and soon closed his eyes. Kihyun pouted. 'What's happening to earth?' He thought playfully. Maybe, they're both tired so he let them be. He went to his seat and started working. The team in the room was busy working except the two who's busy working in dreamland. They're all curious with what happened to the two after the Wonju trip. Kihyun nodded at Eunji but she just shrugged at him. Soon, the door opened and three sophisticated girls walked in. Kihyun and Eunji looked down as they already knew what they wanted. They stood in front of Kihyun and the girl in the middle suddenly tapped Kihyun's chin, lifting it up gently. 

"Cutie Kihyunnie.. Didn't she arrive already? Why don't you introduce me to her?"

Eunji looked at her like she's gonna stab her anytime but she only controlled herself. Kihyun removed her finger and cringed at her actions. Jung Sunhwa... She's the new MC of the SBS Beauty program which temporarily replaced Minmi as the news anchor when she's gone for a while. Her intention of meeting Minmi wasn't that clear yet to both Eunji and Kihyun. She nagged the two that they'll have to introduce her to Minmi. When Kihyun ignored her, she scanned the room and her eyes caught two new faces. 

"Hottiee. But not that one." She tapped her chin and her eyes finally landed to Minmi who's peacefully sleeping. She went closer to her followed by her two seemingly chaperones. Kihyun and Eunji stood up and went also to their direction. 

"Yah! Ireona. Wake up girl." She clapped her hands continously.

"Hajima Sunhwa-ssi.." Kihyun interrupted but it's too late. 

Minmi woke up and rubbed her eyes immediately. Somehow, a bit sleep helped her to regain strength. 

"What's happening Hyunnie ah..?" She raised her eyebrows when she saw three girls in front of her. 

"Oh. Hi! Did I wake you up that fast? I'm sorry but this is an office, not a bedroom." She said sarcastically. 

Minmi's face darkened at what she said. Who is she by the way? 

"I'm Jung Sunhwa. MC of Jung's Beauty Avenue." She offered a handshake to Minmi and Minmi unwillingly took it. 

"That's all. Keep working... I mean sleeping. That will make you beautiful."

She smiled fakely at Minmi. She glanced once again at Shownu who was also resting and soon left the room together with her friends. Minmi, who's still puzzled, rubbed the back of her neck. Kihyun and Eunji went to her as soon as the three left. 

"Who are they?" She asked curiously. 

"It's Sunhwa and her minions. Just ignore them Mimi ah." Eunji replied. 

"De. Mimi ah. Just newbies who want some attention." Kihyun added. He explained everything to her what happened in the office when she's gone. How Sunhwa temporarily replaced her and how also they dislike her attitude a lot. 

"Alright. Let's just ignore them."

Her darkened face lit up a bit now and began to open her laptop, ready to get started at work. She checked her watch, only to find out that it's almost lunchtime already. She really slept that long? She sheepishly grinned at Kihyun and Eunji who's still in front of her. 

"So how did it go at Wonju, Mimi ah?" Kihyun widely smiled at her.

"Ooh. I'm sleepy again. Mianhae guys." She pretended to yawn and rested her head back to the table supported by her arms. She grinned underneath while she faced the table. She had escaped them again. Kihyun and Eunji went back to their seats defeated like.

 

"So...she's the one you're telling me?"

Sunhwa looked at her red tinted fingernails after taking a sip of her iced soda. The three were at the restaurant nearby taking their lunch already. 

"Ne. Sunhwa. She's a threat to your career." Her friend Jieun replied. 

"De. Look at her. She's even seducing our Vice President." The other one, Jaerin, added. 

She looked at their direction and she fumed in anger. She saw Tao happily talking with Minmi as they shared a lunch together. The moment she was given a spot in SBS company, she already had a huge interest on Tao. She'll do everything to get him. No one would stand in her way. Not anyone. Not even Minmi. And all she had to do is to get to the high spot to get Tao's attention. Now, she's more aware that Minmi was one of the top employees in the company, her being popular and having a high rating whenever her news show is on air. She stood up holding her drinking glass and walked towards Tao and Minmi's table just as Tao also stood up and turned around suddenly. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss." Tao, being naturally kind-hearted, bowed and picked a tissue to dry the small wet area on Sunhwa's skirt. She smirked at Minmi and put up an act. Not to mention, the spilling was already the start of it. 

"Oh No. Mr. VP.. You don't have to do that." She stooped down and stopped Tao from what he's doing. "My apology for not looking at the way." 

She smiled at Tao and bowed. He also bowed at her. He got back on his seat and continued eating. 

"Do you know her? Haven't seen her here." He asked. 

Minmi just shrugged and ate her food too. 

"Anyway, you'll come tonight right?"

"Of course. Xiumin sunbae will be mad at me if not." She smiled. 

"Arasseo. I'll pick you up." He smiled widely in return. 

Sunhwa arrived at the restroom and soon let out a victorious smile. She fixed her hair and put on another layer of red lipstick on her lips. She smiled at her reflection. 

"Everything that is yours... Will be mine...Minmi." She smirked. 

 

'Party begins at 8PM.'

Kihyun folded back the invitation and put it in his pockets. 

"Are you sure you didn't want to come hyung?"

Kihyun asked for the nth time already. He's really determine to get his hyung to this birthday party or else, their department head would be upset at him. It's Xiumin's birthday and they had to go as well. All of the crews in the department are coming.

"Okay. Fine. But we'll go home early. Arasseo?"

Shownu bargained which Kihyun gladly accepted. They only got one hour left before the party so he pushed his lazy hyung to go and get changed already. Kihyun winked at Mrs. Son who also gave a thumbs-up. She's always been nagging his son to go out sometimes and have good times. But he always chose to stay at home and sleep which made her worried. She wanted him to enjoy his life too while young. Mrs. Son bid them goodbye as soon as Shownu was all set. The party was not that grandiose though so the two chose to wear casual clothes. Soon, Kihyun excitedly drove to their destination. Their car passed by a red Ferrari parked along the way and they sped up fast then. 

"Oops. I forgot something."

Kihyun drove back and stopped at Minmi and Eunji's apartment where the Ferrari was also parked. The door opened and there revealed Tao, Minmi and Eunji. Kihyun's car honked and it alarmed Eunji. 

"They're here. Annyeong Tao and Mimi ah! I'll joined them on the ride. We'll head first. See you later!" Eunji winked at Minmi and waved at them as she hopped on the car. 

Kihyun drove real this time to their destination. 

"Wah! Did you see Mimi a while ago? She's very beautiful. Jeongmal yeppeuda~" Kihyun said out of nowhere, totally fanboying. 

"Ey! Stop that. You're creepy." Eunji joked. "My best friend has always been pretty. Right, Shownu-ssi? 

Shownu, who was just looking at the window and didn't paid attention to their conversation, didn't respond at all. 

 

"Kaja." Tao smiled sweetly as he held Minmi's hand gently, guiding her in his car. Even in a simple dress, she looked beautiful. He was dazed again by her beauty. So dazed in a way that tonight, his eyes will only be laid to her. Just her... 

 

___________________________________________

New character! ㅎㅎㅎ

updated the list on Foreword part. Enjoy reading! 😉