BLUES 102

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

I started to dread taking this subject. Why do I need this subject again? Arggghhh. All Engineering students must have the knowledge of basic Cicuits 101. This subject is 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, just for one hour, before lunch time. I unlocked my phone just to check the day, it's not changing! It's still Wednesday. It's just Wednesday and I still have to go through Friday! I was happy when it's Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, I don't have to see the Jerk.

 

My Tuesday was quiet as you can imagine. I got the time to forget the humiliation I went through last Monday when that jerk announced inside our class that he read my report in one of the thesis he studied. And now I'm back to that reality. He informed our professor that he will bring the thesis today. Arggghh, I'm nervous today. What if accidentally and unintentionally my words are the same in that thesis? I was walking slowly as I head in our classroom. I glanced again on my phone, still it's showing Wednesday. Gaaahhhh!!!! Shoot, it's 10:57 am now, I gotta hurry or I'll be late. I started walking fast.

 

When I reached our classroom, there outside the door, that jerk is standing with the campus ultimate crush, Eunhyuk. I don't know how they became friends as Eunhyuk is totally kind unlike this stupid jerk. Eunhyuk gained that title since almost all of the new students (girls and gays) have crush on him. It started I believe when we are already in 2nd year. As the freshmen were always caught looking for somebody in the west building, and it was found out that they were following Eunhyuk. Thus he became the campus ultimate crush. You maybe thinking why this school has titles for us, well I don't know either. It just became like that, and we all get used to it.

 

I stopped halfway, I looked at Hae, and my gaze went straightly to his hands. He is holding a blue hard bound book. , that's a thesis book. This is the standard color of every thesis, and it should be hard bound. I bit my lips and frown. Gahhh, why is this happening to me? I've been a good student all my life, I never once failed in any of my class since I started school, I study hard, I finish all my projects in time, I help teachers and professors when they ask, sometimes I took the initiative and just help them, I never copied a homework in my entire life, I never cheated, I prepared all my reports myself, why, why, WHY?!!!! Because of this jerk!!! This stupid jerk, my reputation is ruined! I scanned my surroundings, there aren't any person in the corridor, except me, the jerk and Eunhyuk. I looked at my left and saw a rock, a strong helpful rock, I plan to grab it and just throw it at the jerk, right exactly on his head, so he can bleed to death, nobody will know just us 3, it's okay right? Then Eunhyuk suddenly pulled me back to sanity.

 

"Hi Dara!" Eunhyuk said. I looked at him and smiled slowly, a forced smile, since I wanted to kill his friend and let him vanish in this world.

 

"Hi Hyuk!" I smiled better than the first smile I gave him as this time I'm a little composed.

 

"The prof is not here yet. Do you wanna chat with us?" He asked, I look at him smiling then I turned my gaze to the jerk and my smile suddenly just faded.

 

"No thanks." I said while my eyes are still on Dong Hae, piercing through him. Then I turn my gaze back at Hyuk and sweetly smiled. I was going to enter the room when I heard the jerk spoke, and that stopped me halfway from entering the room. I stopped at the doorway.

 

"Good thing I had no trouble getting this." Hae said. I cannot see him but I bet he was talking about the thesis on his hand.

 

"That librarian is really your friend huh?" Hyuk then asked.

 

"Of course, everyone is my friend." He cockily said. "Except for one." With that I just walked inside the room and almost everyone said hi to me as I walk towards my seat. I really don't know why he hated me so much that he teased me and make fun of me everytime. I really haven't seen him in my entire life, only in this class. Maybe we are enemies in the past? I was thinking that we could be friends learning from Bommie that he is actually kind. But it never happened.

 

Since Hae is in the basketball varsity, as he is the captain ball, everyone adores him (except me), he is really popular in our school. I was told by CL and Minzy that Hae is actually a good and cool person, but I really doubt that because he has been treating me differently ever since. CL and Minzy are my new friends here in the University, we are all taking the same course. We all just clicked on the first day and become closer ever since. CL is like the Hae in our campus. Everyone likes her also, she can make people do things for her, because everyone adores her, she is called 'the campus favorite'. Minzy on the other hand gained her popularity after our first sem, when she joined the dance contest which she won by the way, being the youngest of them all, she was called 'the campus dancing queen'.

 

 Just like Bommie and Hyesun everyone of us was put in the popular circle in this school.  They are my buddies during my Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday lunch, while the other belongs to Bommie and Hyesun . Sometimes all of us go out as well. After school or during the weekends. All 5 of us are friends now or we belong to that most popular girls in the campus, except for one, Yoona. Yoona is actually our high school classmate, she is popular too. She has this beautiful face and body, but she has attitude problem, in this school, they call her 'the muse'. Often times, people ask us why she doesn't hang out with us when she clearly belongs to our group, we don't know how to answer that as we just don't click in anyway, eversince high school we are like rivals, both of us. I didn't treat her like that but she clearly wants to rival up with me so I had no choice but to face that fact. It actually started way before Soo Hyuk, so I don't really know what's up in her sleeve, why she hates me as well, just like how Hae hates me. At least for Yoona, I know something that made her hate me more, Soo Hyuk, she was in love with him, her best friend, but he was in love with me? Yes, that's a question mark there, as we didn't really have a closure, we just know we liked each other, he is 'the almost ex' in my life, but not really an ex. I don't know how to explain it, it's just like that. Anyway, Yoona is taking Mechanical Engineering too, so her group of friends are usually Jiyong, Seungri, Taeyang, Seunghyun and Daesung. But Seunghyun and Daesung comes from different course, they are studying Architecture. But since the 5 swimming jocks are always together, Yoona is like their 6th member.

 

I looked at the door when Hae and Hyuk walked in. I glared at him and Hae looked at me, then winked. The nerve. I glared at him even more. He then raised his hand and wagged the thesis on it. I hate this jerk! And I am dead. I almost jumped from my seat when I saw our professor walked in.

 


"Good morning guys, I'm sorry I was late, I was just in the Dean's office for some reprimanding issues, so where are we? Ah, Mr. Lee, do you have it?" Prof. Mike asked with a smile on his face looked at Hae. I find it unnerving that he is smiling at my enemy. I looked back at Hae, actually everyone looked at him, expecting him to answer or do something. Hae slightly squated, like preparing to standup while holding the thesis on his hand. I felt paralyzed in my seat. I am doomed. Really doomed, I'll flunk this subject and I might be reprimanded over this issue. Did Prof. Mike just discussed my penalty with the Dean? My parents will cry, no I will cry first, then my parents will cry, they will be called by the Dean, I will be suspended or maybe I will be kicked out from this school. I'll never be able to graduate and no university will ever accept me because I bloody plagiarized one's thesis. I will not be able to find a good job, will be living under my parents' house and living off them, they will feed me, house me, dress me, I will not be able to find a husband ever in my life since I am a bloody cheater, I will die alone, I should buy myself cats, how may cats? 2? No, it's not enough, maybe 4-5? 10, I'll buy 10, so I have companion in my pathetic life because for sure Hyesun and Bommie will not be my friends anymore as I am a disgrace! Even Minzy and CL will dump me...10 cats or 12 cats? No, maybe they will eat me if I get sick and I'll die with them feeding on ---

 

"Sorry Prof. It was just a mistake." Hae stopped the running pathetic thoughts inside my busy mind, pathetic thoughts like what wil happen to my future after this. Upon realizing and understanding what he just said, I heard my self exhaled, maybe it was too loud as everyone looked back at me. "Sorry my dear carrot, it was a mistake." He then told me, everyone laughed, well not everyone as I didn't laugh. Carrot? I looked at my blouse, yes, I am wearing orange. I looked back at him and sent him a deathly glare. "Oopss, really sorry, it was a mistake. Don't kill me please" He said while raising his hands up, as if surrendering with a scared expression plastered on his face. Everyone laughed again, of course except me.

 

"Shhh, enough. Sorry Ms. Park about this. Anyway this is a good news for you. I really liked your report and having mistaken by Mr. Lee almost made me stop you from continuing report, but now it is cleared. So let's all move on. Get your modules and look at page 23." Our professor continued, before I get my module I looked at Hae again and glared at him. He winked at me again and smiled. He took his module and looked at me again, he then pointed at his module then pointed at our professor. I rolled my eyes on him and I took my module out, opened it.

 

I can't help but look at him from time to time and glare at him, sometimes he sees it sometimes not. But I don't care, I just wished my glare can bruise him in anyway, can hurt him even slightly just to get some revenge out of what he has done to me. We are still in the middle of discussing the said chapter when I felt my phone vibrated. I looked at our professor and looked at him straightly while my hand rummage inside my bag and took my phone out. I placed it under my desk, in between my desk and thighs, I unlocked it as I saw a preview that I received a message from an unknown number.

 

[UNKNOWN NO.] Can't get enough of me?

 

I shrugged it off maybe it's a wrong sent message and started to move my hand to put it back in my bag when it vibrated again.

 

[UNKNOWN NO.] Why do you keep glancing at me?

 

Then I realized it's the jerk texting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter