BLUES 112

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

"Kids don't lie." I answered, I took the plate in front of Dara and then I placed the plate with food that I have been preparing in front of her. "I don't have a girlfriend." I added as I gaze into Dara's brown orbs, into her dilated pupils. I smiled at her, sweetly. I watched her as her eyes widened. I don't want to lose this opportunity, I have to clear my relationship status to Dara.

 

*Cough* CL faked a cough which made us both pull away from our staring game.

 

"Omo, you are so sweet Hae!" Bommie exclaimed looking at the plate in front of Dara. I smiled at her.

 

"What are you waiting for?" I looked at Dara and then looked at the plate in front of her. She looked at me then looked at the plate in front of her, she slowly took her chopsticks and took one kimbap and put it in . She is still acting shocked.

 

"I told you unnie, he doesn't have a girlfriend." Mae-ri responded afterwards, still smiling brightly as she ate her food. Dara smiled and just ate silently, I took some food and started eating too. Everyone was busy having their own conversations, and Dara and I just sat there quietly, slowly eating the food on our plates.

 

"Hmm, thanks Hae." Dee broke the silence in our side and I looked at her. "Thanks for the food." She smiled shyly.

 

"You're welcome." I smiled back at her.

 

"You don't have to. I can do this too." She said in a small voice.

 

"But I want to." I simply said, she just looked down on her plate and continued eating.

 

"Oh--- okay." She answered. She then reached for her glass and drink some water. "Why are you ignoring me earlier?" She asked me.

 

"Ahm, sorry... I just don't know how to approach you. You seemed upset with me yesterday when we parted." I honestly answered her.

 

"Ani... So..." She said again. She seems hesitant but she spoke after a pause. "You and Yoona aren't a thing huh?" She asked but not looking at me.

 

"Yes." I put some water on her glass. before I continued. "Did you really think that way?" I looked at her but she is avoiding my gaze. "You actually believed the rumors?" I chuckled.

 

"Right. I told you Dee, Yoona is just a clingy type of person." Minzy butted in. I looked at her and she explained. "We were talking yesterday, gosh, you are really a news maker Hae, everyone is talking about what you did for Yoona."

 

"Oh come on, we are all news makers. Or we just have too much gossipers in our school." I added.

 

"Ani, it's more like almost all the students are gossipers." Hyesun answered. "Men, Women, Gays, Lesbos, Young, Old, Tall, Short, Bald...etc." We laughed at her reply.

 

"What is the truth then? Is it a piggy-back ride or a bridal scoop?" CL joined in the conversation.

 

"Hahaha you heard that too?" Minzy asked. "That's crazy, like there's a lot of version of the story, you don't know what's the truth anymore."

 

"It's a piggy-back ride." Dara answered. I looked at her but she was just examining her food with her chopsticks, unsure which one to take.

 

"Is it? I was thinking the bridal scoop was the truth." CL answered while drinking her water. "How did you know?"

 

"I-I saw." She simply answered and continued eating.

 

"So what happened there Hae?" Hyesun asked me looking straight at me.

 

I straightened my back and continued. "She fell on the ground in the parking lot, I think she stumble on a rock." I answered her.

 

"Was she hurt a lot? I heard she has a big bruise and she needed some stitches too." CL asked.

 

"Oh come on Chaerin-ah, where are you really when you heard that?  Or rather what time did you hear the gossip?" Bommie asked CL.

 

CL looked up as if thinking. "In the afternoon." She answered. "After all my classes have finished." She smirked. "I was so busy all day, I didn't pay attention to the news."

 

"That's why, the news that reached you has been escalated 1 million times more!" Bommie answered.

 

"She has small bruise on her leg. She wasn't hurt that bad. But I really thought she was." I cleared up. I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. I brought Yoona to the clinic, the nurse inspected her right foot, and she flinched like she was really hurt. The funny thing was, when I decided to piggy-back ride her, she was dragging her left leg and not the right. That is when I realized that she was just acting. To make her act look more fake, the nurse asked her to put on a robe so she could dress her wounds if there are any. When she changed, there is a small bruise on her left leg like 1/4 inch diameter bruise, which brought confusion to the nurse when earlier Yoona was telling her that her right leg and foot hurts and that she is not hurt anywhere in her left leg and foot. I acted like worried in front of her, but I was really angry since she interrupted my conversation with Dara. That's when I decided not anymore.

 

I have to clear everything to Dara. After Bommie told me today that Ji has confessed to Dara, I really have to start making my moves. I cannot lose in this. I cannot lose her.

 

"Did you like the food?" I asked Dara but she didn't answer. I touched her arm and she slightly jumped from her seat.

 

"W-what did you say?" She asked me, she looked surprised, like she was lost in her own world or something.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. "I said, did you like the food?"

 

"Oh, yes, it's so delicious. I didn't know you can cook." She said while wiping the sides of . "Oh well, I don't know a lot of things about you anyway." She smiled at me.

 

"You have something there." I moved my hand and wiped the imaginary thing on the side of . Her eyes widened and she instantly blushed. Red. Pretty red cheeks. She shied away and turned her head down. Lee Dong Hae, 3 Points! I smiled that I have this effect on her.

 

"T-thanks." She uttered and everyone just quietly finished their food. When everything was already arranged to where it was supposed to be. We all hang out in the backyard, just us as Ms. Amie went with the kids upstairs with Minky, Hyesun and the others. Bommie, CL, Dara and I are left outside the backyard.

 

"So any plans after this?" I asked them, but I looked at Bommie.

 

"Let's all watch a movie!" Bommie answered. I love Bommie, one look and she gets what I meant. I wanted to spend more time with Dara.

 

"Yeah! Let's go! My baby is busy with some family matters, I've got the rest of the day alone." CL answered.

 

"Whoah, same goes with mine!" Bommie exclaimed. " huh?" She giggled at CL who giggled with her. I looked at Dara and she was smiling while watching Bommie and CL.

 

"You're on?" I nudged Dara, she was pushed a little bit sideways. She looked at me.

 

"Sure." She simply answered.

 

"So this is the thing you have to do that's why you declined my movie invitation yesterday?" I asked her.

 

"What invitation?" Bommie cuts in. "Yah! You invited Dee but you never invited me. Never!" She glared at me.

 

I crossed my arms in front of me trying to hide from Bom's deathly glare but she moved forward. I pulled Dara in front of me, held her shoulders and used her as a shield, she shrieked to my sudden gesture.

 

"We just got along really well yesterday so I asked her to a movie to start anew!" I explained while laughing. Dara was laughing too as we sway from right to left and vice versa trying to avoid Bom.

 

"Hmp!" She still marched towards us while holding a rolled newspaper in her hand. I can hear CL laughing also. When she raised her hand, she lost grip on the newspaper and it started to fall then I realized it will fall down on Dara's head, I quickly shift our places while my eyes are closed.

 

"Omo!" Bommie shouted too.

 

"Ooops!!!" CL Shouted.

 

*THUMP*

 

And I suddenly felt the newspaper touching my nape.

 

"Oww!" I shouted. Damn Bommie, that freaking hurts!. I opened my eyes and I was welcomed with something dark and something that smells like berries. I sniffed more. Shampoo...  I realized I was caging Dara, my arms are on her waist clasped in front of her tiny stomach. Her back against my front body. My body was bent embracing her tightly. I smelled her scent as I froze in my position. Then I felt somebody slapped my upper arm. Saving me from drowning in Dara's scent and the feeling of her body against mine.

 

"Yah!" Bommie shouted. Realizing that we are not alone in the world, I quickly straightened my back and released Dara. I didn't push her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter