BLUES 128

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

I didn't know that she would be that brave to visit West Building 2nd Floor. I never imagined her to be that desperate to talk to me. What for? To say her endless sorry? I felt my blood being drained from my body when I heard the other students murmuring about the eye candy being in our building. I was relieved that I didn't have a hard time looking for her since of course, almost everybody is gawking at her. The moment I see her, there's just one thing in my mind: ESCAPE!

 

As much as I wanted to see her, I've felt angry at seeing her where I have seen her earlier. I've wanted to scold her and I've wanted to hold her the moment I faced her. Funny thing is, I've also wanted to run away from her. I tried everything to make her let me leave. She almost got me laughing when she asked me why I don't call her kiddo anymore. I've wanted to call her kiddo, but I can't , I didn't feel that I have the right anymore.

 

I've wanted to talk to her more, but hearing her say sorry, makes me look down on myself. I never wanted to hear it anymore. It was so hard for me to say the word 'friends', even though I hate losing her in my life, I don't think I could be her friend as of yet. I was wishing she would turn down the offer. When she did, that was my hint that it's really over. Ironically, though I felt relieved, I was hurt as well. I immediately turned around after I said my piece, but to my surprise, two thin arms are now stretched over my waist, two tiny hands are now clasped in front of my stomach. Instantly, my body tensed.

 

"How can I be friends with you?" She paused before continuing, her voice is shaking, I can even feel her heavy breathing. She was so nervous, even her body is slightly shaking.  "How can I be just friends with you when I am in love with you?" I stopped breathing for a while. Hearing the word 'love' from , I just can't believe it. I was speechless.

 

I felt her hands moved, I looked at it and she unclasped it. Then she held on my waist and turned me around. I was looking at the ground, fazed. She cupped my face with her hands and forced me to look at her. Her face is tear-streaked, quivering. She then flashed me a worried smile and looked directly in my eyes. "I love you my jerk."

 

I looked at her in awe, I tried to say something but no sound came from my mouth. The worry in her eyes deepened as I wasn't able to catch my tongue. "I-I..." I closed my eyes and shook my head. It's not the time to be mute. I breathed in a lot of air before opening my eyes. "I-I..."

 

She released my face, her hands slowly went down and rested on my waist, she is gripping my shirt. Then she looked down and rested the top of her head on my chest. "P-pabo-ah, y-you, don't l-love me anymore?" I stared at her head as she tried to hide her face from me. My mouth isn't cooperating but my hands were. I pulled her towards me in a tight embrace, causing her face to be pressed on my chest.

 

"C-can you hear my heart kiddo?" I smiled as I felt her hands embraced me, holding me on my back. "It's beating fast because of you." I held her tighter. "How can you say I don't love you anymore? When my heart wants to escape from my chest when I am with you?" I pulled out from our embrace but I am still holding her in arm's length. "I love you kiddo." I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. I then ruffled her hair.

 

"Yah!" She shouted at me as she stopped my hand from making damage on her hair. I stopped and she glared at me. "Jerk."

 

"Your jerk." I answered her and smiled at her.

 

"My jerk." In a swift motion, she tilted herself on her toes and kissed me on my cheek. Then she turned around. "See you later." Then she run towards the South Building in a rush. I just froze on my spot.

 

I've been standing here on the exact spot where she kissed me when I felt my phone vibrated.

 

"Yoboseyo?" I answered without glancing who the call from was.

 

"Hmmm... Guessing the sound surrounding you, you seemed frozen on your spot." She answered back.

 

I held the phone away from my phone and glance who called. It's Dara.

 

"And whose fault is it?" I .

 

She chuckled. "I'm guessing it's mine?"

 

"You're 100% correct." I smiled as I answer her.

 

"Aren't you going to move? Your class starts in 7, oh no. 5 minutes." She said. I glanced at my watch.

 

"Crap!" I muttered and started walking towards the West Building.

 

I kept my phone against my ear as I walk. "Yes crap! Now go. I love you Hae."  I paused as I heard it again from her.

 

"I love you too kiddo." I answered back while smiling brightly.

 

"Bye." She said.

 

"Wait!" I pleaded her.

 

"Yes?" She answered back.

 

I continued walking. "I've got tons of questions for you."

 

"I know. And I'll prepare tons of questions to answer you." She laughed. "Bye, move now, you'll be late."

 

"Arasso. I love you kiddo."

 

"I love you more." Then she hung up. I walked fast towards my class, even though I'm close to being late, I don't care anymore. My kiddo loves me too. I smiled as I enter my classroom.

 

The class went smoothly and I went outside the room smiling brightly as ever. I paused on my track when I realized somebody is standing on my track and I lifted my head and stared directly into Yoona's eyes.

 

She was looking at me kindly. "I'm sorry Hae, I've heard you've broken up with Dara because of our little accident yesterday." She looked almost sincere, but I can see that she is suppressing a smile underneath those pretentious thoughtfulness.

 

I tilted my head on my right and smiled. "Don't worry about it Yoona. My kiddo is not that narrow-minded."

 

Her eyes widened at my statement. "You mean--?"

 

"Yes, we've fixed it, everything is fine." I answered before she can finish her sentence. I saw her smile sourly.

 

"Oh, that's great Hae, I'm happy for you, at least you're fine. I was worried about you." She managed to say even her face was showing the opposite of happiness.

 

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to worry about me Yoona or about my relationship. We both love each other." I saw her eyes grew even wider. "I hope you find the right guy for you Yoona, I hope you'll be happy like us too." I smiled at her sincerely. I squeezed her shoulder a bit before leaving her.

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

Oh no, please tell me he is not here. I slowly walked out of my class while being too alert. I was checking left and right for any sign of Hae. I have been so over confident earlier and it ebbed out already. OMG I just confessed to him! I can't believe I didn't blush for a moment there. It was a success but I don't know what will happen right now if we face each other again as I know that my self-confidence is already drained. Every time I reminisce on what happened earlier, I felt like melting away or I feel like I want to be the little mermaid and just disappear into bubbles.

 

I was able to breathe properly when I didn't see any hint of him. I continued walking towards the exit then I remembered I parked just beside Hae's car. OMO! I hurriedly retreat from my original track and went back towards my building. But I stopped in the middle. No, I should face him. I shouldn't be a coward anymore. I've confessed to him already anyway, I need to face him, I need to face my feelings! Determined I my heel and walked towards the exit.

 

I was walking with my chin up and a bright smile on my face when I felt a pair of hands touched my shoulders from my behind. "Kiddo." My heart leapt just hearing his voice. Then he walked beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I was late wasn't I?"

 

I looked at his smiling face and smiled back. "Huh? I think I was the one who is late."

 

Understanding what I meant, he laughed then he looked straight ahead as he pulled me towards him, we resumed walking. "Well you have a point there. But I was talking about picking you up from your last class but I got stuck somewhere. When I reached there, you were gone already."

 

"I'm sorry, should I have waited longer?" He squeezed my shoulder.

 

"Ani it's okay, I found you anyway." He chuckled before continuing. "But I was thinking you were avoiding me."

 

I bit my lower lip as I tried to play innocent. "Avoiding you? Why should I do that?"

 

"Hmmm I don't know I just got this feeling you will be shy already." He said.

 

"Why should I be shy?" I've asked him confidently. If he leaves me alone right now, I know my knees will wobble and I'll end up sitting on the ground.

 

"Hmmm... Arasso." He answered me. "Do you have anything pending for tomorrow? Like homework or paper to do?" He then asked me as he nods on the guard.

 

I looked up before answering him, thinking if I have something pending or not. "Not that I can think of. Why?"

 

We walked in between our cars and stopped. "I was thinking of spending more time with you today." He then looked at me and smiled kindly.

 

"Like a date?" I asked him.

 

"Yes, our first date." He answered me.

 

I looked at him in confusion. "First date? But we had that last Saturday."

 

"No, first real date." He looked at me teasingly. "First real date after y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter