BLUES 113

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

"Crap!"

 

"BINGO!" Bommie and Minzy shouted.

 

*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*

 

I looked on my left and saw Hae's car. I rolled down my window and they rolled down their windows too, revealing Hyesun and CL.

 

"Is there a problem with your car Dee?" Hyesun asked. Minzy and Bommie's laugh filled the car. Then I heard Bommie's window rolled down too, she shouted.

 

"We just realized something! That's why!" Bommie shouted.

 

"And you just stopped in the middle of the road? Are you crazy?!" CL shouted.

 

"What did you realize? Did you forget something in the orphanage?" Hyesun asked.

 

"Ani that's not it." I answered.

 

"Then what?" Hyesun asked again.  Then I caught a glimpse of Hae who is trying to get a look on my car's tires. All their faces convey confusion.

 

"Are you okay Dara?!" He shouted while leaning more to Hyesun's side.

 

"Yes, I think." I replied, but in a small voice.

 

"Please move your car on the side." Hae said in a loud voice. I did what they asked as I don't know how to explain that I stopped the car realizing I wanted him to accompany me to one of the places that I was dreaming about. Oh don't worry, it's just that I think I'm attracted to you Hae. Aisssshhh!!!

 

"Now what?!" I glared at the two crazy girls who are still laughing hysterically.

 

"Don't worry Dee, I've got this." Bommie answered. I realized Hae parked his car on the side also just in front of my car. He went down and carefully checked my car's tires. He went around the car and he went to my side,  worry is still on his face.

 

"Everything seems normal, do you feel some problem with the engine or something?" He asked me. Then I saw CL and Hyesun walking towards my car, they went to Bommie's side.

 

"She's okay, don't worry Hae. We were just teasing her and she got annoyed. You better drive in front of us." Bommie said. Minzy is still laughing her off.

 

"Are you sure?" Hae asked but still looking intently at me.

 

"Nae." I answered.

 

"Gosh you guys are crazy. What is she laughing about?" CL asked pointing at Minzy.

 

"Ani, really, it was just a green joke." Bommie said.

 

"Green huh? It must be really green for Dee to stop in the middle of the road." Hyesun replied while smirking.

 

"It's okay Hae, there's no problem at all, I was just surprised and annoyed as Bommie said. It won't happen again." I assured him while smiling a little bit.

 

"Are you really sure?" Hae asked again.

 

"Omo, Hae, we will not die in the road. Stop worrying. Dee is a really safe driver I assure you, I just made some foul joke. Really, please can we go now? We might not really be able to see the movie if you will not stop interrogating us." Bommie said.

 

Hae just nodded and looked at me again. I smiled at him and he smiled hesitant at first but it reached its eyes after a few seconds. "Arasso, please arrive till the cinema in one piece arasso?"

 

"Nae!" We all answered. And they all went to the car and started driving.

 

"Aigoo, Hae is such a safe freak!" Bommie exclaimed. "I was afraid he will ask us to go in his car."

 

"Don't worry Dee. Whatever happens in Dara's car, stays in Dara's car!" Minky exclaimed. I pressed on the gas and continued driving following Hae.

 

"Yah! It's not like that." I dismissed her teasing.

 

"And what is it like? Huh Dee?" Bommie pressed on the subject and leaned forward.

 

"Hae loves cars. And that's a car museum." I simply answered while concentrating with my driving. He is a man right? And he drives. So he loves cars. He loves cars right?

 

"He does? Well, Soo-hyuk loves cars too. Remember, he wanted to be a race car driver, he knows each part of a car from the smallest one to the biggest one. He always tell us that if he cannot make it in the modeling industry, he will be a race car driver. He is totally a car maniac." Bommie replied in a as a matter of fact tone. She patted my arm. "Don't tell me you didn't know that."

 

I sighed. Of course I knew that. Soo-hyuk's father is a famous race car driver. He used to participate in South East Asian Touring Car Zone Challenges, Formula BMW Asia races, Porsche Carrera Cup Asia race, Asian Super Car Challenge, Speedcar Series and more. He is retired but he owns a car dealer shop, a car garage and now he is acting in consultancy role for Korean race team. He is also managing an amusement park specifically for open-wheel motorsport or kart racing. Soo-hyuk admires his father so much that he got his passion for driving, his passion for cars. Even in their home, it seems like a car museum, with various car decorations from simple parts to an assembled complex part like an art hanging on walls or inside glass display cabinets.

 

Soo-hyuk has an early fascination with cars. Instead of asking for model cars or match box cars, he is asking his parents to buy him unassembled cars. The ones he has to work on fixing before being able to play with it. Even his car that he was using when we were in High School was all customized to his taste. He works on them. Most of the times after the weekend when we don't go out, and I will ask him what he did, he will just tell me I work this and that on my car and he will show it to me. He was a proud car-geek. I loved that about him, some of my knowledge in cars came from him too, but I really love cars too. Maybe that's why we clicked a lot.

 

Cars, he is attracted to it that much that his parents even gave him a room in their home where he could have all his cars together. While growing up, the room was filled-up with different variations of small cars. When he got older he was able to customize some of the cars, ignoring the user manual or assembly guides, he creates his own model cars. The room was still intact last time I was there, well, around 3 years ago. I am not sure now if they still have it there, maybe they emptied it? To put all the clothes that he gets from modeling? Or not, since I am sure, he has his own place now, away from his parents. Thinking about it, we might have sent messages to each other from time to time, but we really do not know what's happening in each other's lives. We lost touch already, we lost that spark that we have before, we are different persons now.

 

"Yah!" Minky poked me. "Why are you spacing out? So? Are you still going to deny it?"

 

"Look Dee, going to Cité de l'Atomobile in France is in your bucket list, I know how much you wanted to go there. It's an important place for you, since you love cars. Of course, if you are going there you have to share it with someone special. And Hae is that someone special for you. And you just need to admit it. He surpassed Soo-hyuk and Ji there in your heart." Bommie stated.

 

I looked at Minzy then to Bom whom I can see in the mirror. I sighed again. "Okay. Yes. I am attracted to Hae, but I don't think it's already here." I pat my chest. "I think it's too early to say that." I saw Bommie rolled her eyes on me. "Look, I am not denying it. I am telling you, yes, I'm attracted to the jerk, it's just I don't think I like him or love him. I loved Soo-hyuk and I don't think I'm in that level with Hae now."

 

"Why did you chose Hae then? When you love Soo-hyuk?" Minky argued. "You could just utter Soo-hyuk knowing that he loves cars too, but instead you said Hae."

 

"Yah! I said I loved Soo-hyuk meaning it's the past. I am not saying I still love him. What I meant was, my attraction to Hae is not something like what I have felt for Soo-hyuk before. U-uhm. Nope. Not yet." I shook my head.

 

"Not yet. But it's going there." Bommie said. "And with our conversation now, Ji is out obviously." Minky giggled.

 

I sighed again. "Nothing is final Bommie. Nothing... But yes, as of now, Ji is outside the picture if we are talking about attraction. But I know I like Ji, as a friend."

 

Bommie clapped and giggled. "Seriously Bommie?" I glared at her in the mirror.

 

"Seriously." She giggled again earning a laugh from Minky.

 

"Why are you so giggly Bommie?" Minky asked her.

 

"Just because." She giggled again.

 

"You're such a crazy person. I don't know what to think of you." I uttered while parking the car on the lot that he passed, he stopped in front of it and I saw him waved his handoutside the window pointing to the empty lot, signaling us to take the lot which we did.

 

"I'm just so happy for my good friend there!" She giggled again while she pointed to where Hae's car is. I turned off the engine and glared at both of them.

 

"What happens in my car stays in my car, arasso?!" I said to both of them.

 

"Nae!" They both answered.

 

"But, can we share it to CL and Hyesun?" Bommie asked while batting her eyelashes.

 

"Oh, yup, can we?" Minky asked also batting her eyelashes.

 

"Crazy friends. Of course." I smiled at them. They laughed. We all went out the car and decided to go to Hae's car since it is near the entrance. When we've reached them I looked at Bommie and Minky again and I gestured a zipping-mouth move. They both nodded then giggled. I walked directly to Hyesun and wrapped my arm around her arm. I smiled at Hae.

 

"I missed you!" I told her. I saw Hae walking beside me.

 

"Ow such a sweet friend. What happened to you there earlier?" She asked me as we walk to the entrance.

 

"Oh, that." I glanced at Hae quickly lowered my gaze when I saw him looking at me intently. His hands are inside his pockets as he walk quietly.

 

"Did you have some problem in your car? Did you feel something while driving it?" Hae asked.

 

"Yeah, if there is some problem, better just leave the car here and have somebody to check it." Hyesun added.

 

"Ani, we were just talking and I was j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter