BLUES 129

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

When we arrived in school, the moment we are walking side by side, I pulled Dara towards me by her shoulder and kissed the top of her head. Today I am extremely happy that she is being honest with me, she is very vocal with her feelings and I feel like I am in cloud 9. She yelped from my sudden action and she looked at me with her wide eyes. "What?"

 

"You know I am tiny, you don't have to exert that much force." She elbowed my side slightly. "Beside, all you need to do is ask, and I'll come running towards you." She snickered.

 

"Are you sure?" I've asked her again and she nodded while smiling. The students are all looking at us when we entered the campus and we just ignored all of them but with smiles in our lips. "If I call you later you will come running towards my location?"

 

"It depends if I have class or not. If I do, then I'll ignore your request." She answered me.

 

I faked a sad face and pouted. She giggled once she saw my expression. "Even if I need some rescuing?"

 

"Hmmm... Rescuing? From what?" She asked me.

 

"From Yoona." I answered her and braced myself for her answer.

 

She suddenly stopped walking and glared at me. "If she dares to pull another stunt on you, I'll definitely pull all her hair."

 

My eyes widened and I had the sudden urge to embrace her. I pulled her towards me and embraced her tightly. "Don't worry about her kiddo, you're the one inside my heart." I her hair as I embraced her.

 

She suddenly moved her head down and I am guessing she is blushing right now. "Let go of me now, people are staring."

 

I scanned the crowd and when I realized almost everybody stopped from what they are doing or from their tracks, I released her and held her hand. I resumed our walking and pulled her as I move forward. "You still blush." I smiled and glanced at her.

 

"Don't blame me, blame it on your cheesy lines." She answered me.

 

"Aigoo. I'm defeated." I pulled her again towards me and wrapped my arm on her shoulders.

 

"Hey you love birds." We heard somebody from behind say and we both turned to our back and saw Bom walking towards us. "So happy in the morning?"

 

"Good morning Bommie." I smiled at her.

 

"Good morning lover boy. Good morning Dee." She kissed Dara on cheek and stand a few feet away from us. She looked at Dara then back to me then again looked at me and then to Dara. "You look happy, did Dee talked to you already?"

 

I looked at Dara and smiled then I nodded.

 

"Omo! This calls for a celebration don't you think?" Bom exclaimed.

 

"What celebration?" Then I looked behind us and saw CL, Minzy and Hyesun. "Whose birthday is it?" CL added.

 

Then Hyesun walked towards us and then stood in front of Dara and cupped her face with her hands. "Finally!" She embraced Dara and released her. Then she glared at me. "You, keep your lips off limit now okay?!"

 

I had the urge to stand like a shoulder and answered her. "Yes Ma'am!" Then she smiled at me and patted my arm. "I'm so happy for both of you." She then took the place beside Dara.

 

"Yah! What's happening? They are together the last time I checked, what's new? Why are you congratulating them?" Minzy asked looking at all of us in confusion.

 

"Oh, it's a long story, we will get to it next time." Bom answered her while putting her arm around her shoulders.

 

"But we are going to celebrate right?" CL asked again the she looked at all of us then her eyes stayed somewhere where Hyesun is. "You're coming too right?"

 

And we all looked at the person she was asking. It was Lee Minho. "If Hyesun wants me to go, I'll go of course." The girls all giggled and I looked at Dara, her eyes are somewhat glistening.

 

I put my arm around Dara as I extend my hand towards Minho. "Donghae." He took it and smiled at me. "And this is my girlfriend Dara." Minho released my hand and went to extend his hand to Dara I caught it before Dara could even raise her hand. "It's okay, you can shake my hand too, her hands are my hands." Then the girls laughed.

 

"Hello, I'm Bommie." Bommie extended her hand to Minho. "And it's okay to shake my hand." Again all of us laughed.

 

"Well you know Minzy and CL right?" Hyesun turned to Minho and he nodded and smiled towards Minzy and CL. "Guys this is Minho, my boyfriend." We smiled towards Minho and he smiled again flashing his perfect smile.

 

I bend down a bit to whisper on Dara's ear. "Is it your jerk or the campus heart throb?"

 

She smiled and answered. "Of course, my jerk." I smiled and pulled her more towards me.

 

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

I hate to admit, but I'm seriously freaking out. Today is Saturday, and it's a public holiday. Hae is picking me up in around 1 hour and I can't seem to make up my mind on what to wear. I glanced at my reflection on the mirror and walked out of my room to go to Durami's room.

 

"Durami?" I called as I knock on her door.

 

"Nae? Unnie?" She greeted me once her door opened. "Nae?" I suddenly pulled her towards my room. "Yah! What is it?!" I let her sit on my bed.

 

I walk a few feet away from her and I turned around. She just looked at me as if I'm crazy. "What?" I asked her.

 

"What what??" She looked at me with her confused face.

 

http://ohdara.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/20140410_1397090192_38989900_1.jpg?w=540

"Do you think this look is fine?" I twirl around again.

 

"You look fine. So I guess yes." She answered back.

 

"Just fine?" I asked her again and twirled again for another round.

 

She raised her legs on my bed as she positioned herself in an Indian sit. "You are asking me if those clothes are fine for your date?" She then realized what I was asking. I just nodded.

 

"Well technically, it's not really just a date. I'm meeting his mom too." I answered her.

 

"Hmmm... Don't you need to be a bit girly? When you meet your boyfriend's parents? I saw it a lot in dramas." She placed her elbow on her thigh as she cupped her chin.

 

"So this one is a no-no?" I've asked her again.

 

"Try something else. I'll wait." She answered me.

 

I went towards my wardrobe and looked for something to change into. As I pick some ensemble, I put it on and walked outside towards my bed and I saw Durami lying on my bed on her tummy, playing with her phone. "So?"

 

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9f/6e/41/9f6e4100bd7e3cc0c16e3a1819fd8d0e.jpg

She glanced to me with an annoyed look. "Yah! I said girly!" She snapped on me.

 

"This is pink, this is girly don't you think?" I twirled around.

 

"What time is he picking you up again?" She asked me.

 

"10:00am." I answered.

 

"Well it's 9:18 now miss, if I were you I'll move fast and find the perfect clothes to meet my boyfriend's mother. You better be serious now." She scolded me and continued playing with her phone.

 

I grunted, sometimes she acts as if she is older at me. With my slumped back, I walk towards my wardrobe. Focus Dara. I looked around and sighed at the mess I have to clean later. I've been trying to find the clothes to wear since I woke up but I can't seem to decide. I reprimanded myself inside my head for not preparing last night. I popped my head out and looked at Durami to ask her. "It doesn't have to be a dress right?"

 

"Unnie, why not? You have lots of dresses there. Why can't you doll up? You've been doing that ever since, what's up with you that you cannot wear a dress today, in this particular occasion? When it's more appropriate to wear one?" She answered me back while scowling.

 

I went inside my wardrobe and scanned my clothes. It's true I have lots of dresses. I looked at  the clothes on the floor, they are all shirts and pants. Why the heck? Determined, I scanned my dresses and took a white dress. I put it on and went out.

 

http://koreangirlshd.com/wp-content/picture/2013/03/sandara-park-elle-3.jpg

"How about this one?" I turned to Durami who is now on her side still focused on her phone.

 

She looked up and smiled at me. "You go unnie. That's more like it." She stood up and stretched for a while.

 

"It's fine now right?" I've asked her again.

 

"It's not fine." She said as she walks towards my door but she stopped and turned her head back. "It's perfect. Have fun, I'll sleep for a while. Say hi to oppa for me."

 

"Thanks Durami." I said before the door finally closes. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I guess I look nice.

 

--- HAE ---

 

I kept glancing over and over to the beautiful girl beside me. She is really breathtakingly beautiful. I smiled at how she prepared and groomed herself today to meet my mother. By the looks of it, she is actually nervous.

 

She looked at me. "What?"

 

I smiled before answering her. "Nothing."

 

"What's with that smile? Did I go overboard? Do I look ridiculous? Did I dress up too much?" She suddenly asked me.

 

I've reached for her hand and squeezed it. "What the hell are you talking about? No. No. No. I..." I paused as I park the car in front of our house. I looked at her and smiled. "I actually love it. You look really lovely today kiddo."

 

Instantly she blushed and smiled. "Thanks I guess."

 

"So, here we are. Don't be nervous. My mom seems to extremely like you." I've assured her.

 

"Are you sure?" She said still unsure.

 

"Yes, she can't wait to meet you." I've assured her again as I went outside and walked towards her door. I've opened it for her and she went down. "Breath, you'll like my mom too."  I reached for her hand and guided her towards our house.

 

Before entering, I give her hand one last assuring squeeze. We went inside and I shouted to greet my mom. "Omma, we are here."

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

A fidgety me suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "G-Good morning M-Ma'am." I greeted Hae's mother.

 

"Ma'am?" She walked towards me with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter