BLUES 106

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

I woke up happy. And I can't understand why. Last night, I was flipping and turning on my bed. I can't sleep, the actions of Hae bothered me that much, making me sleep deprived. When I finally went to sleep, I've been dreaming of the jerk. And I woke up happy. How odd is that? I was dreaming about the jerk and I was happy when I woke up? The thing is, I don't know what happened in that dream or simply, I cannot remember any of it except for the fact that it's about Hae. Maybe I was able to kill him in my dream? Possible, I think that's what happened.

Him, calling me adorable and beautiful doesn't change anything, he is still 'the jerk'. My jerk. I snapped and pulled my hair. "What 'my jerk'?! Have you gone nuts?!!!!!" I shouted and to my surprise my sister Durami entered the room.

"Unnie? Are you okay?" She entered my room and sat on my bed.

"Good morning my little sister." I said to her while I move and embraced her. "How's school?"

"It's fine Unnie. but are you sure you aren't losing your mind?" She said while embracing me.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." I pulled out. "I've gotta get ready or else I will be late."

"Anyway I think there won't be any change." She stood up and looked at me. "You are already insane after all." She then run and closed my door.

"Yahhhh!!!!" I pulled one pillow and threw it at the closing door. On my way to the bathroom I saw my dictionary on my study table, I grabbed it and opened it.

 

adorable

əˈdɔːrəb(ə)l/adjective

inspiring great affection or delight.

"I have four adorable Siamese cats"

synonyms:        lovable, appealing, charming, cute, sweet, enchanting, bewitching,captivating, engaging, endearing, dear, darling, precious, delightful, lovely,beautiful, attractive, gorgeous, winsome, winning, fetching, pleasing;

 

I inspire great affection or delight to him? Sincha? Me??? To him??? The Jerk??? Me to the Jerk??? Arggghhh... Hilarious! this is so funny! Totally hilarious!

I went to my bathroom and took a bath. Today is Friday, there's Circuits 101. I looked at my wardrobe and decided to wear a denim dress, length is just 3 inches above my knees, I noticed some lose threads but I did not pay much attention to it. I guess today, he will not be able to call me any funny name as this is simple. I walked down and greeted my mother.

"Good morning Mom, where's Dad?" I asked her while taking a pancake from the serving plate and took a bite on it.

"He left for work already. He has an early schedule today." She answered me while kissing my cheek.

"Mom, I want some strawberry syrup please." I asked my mother while I sat down on one of the chairs.

"Sure honey. Wait I'll get it in the fridge."

"Noona, you are such a lazy bum." My brother Thunder stated.

"I am and Mom knows. Right Mom?"

"Let your sister be. She is the eldest and we all know that she acts that way all the time." She defended me, I stuck my tongue at him.

"Let her be lazy? What a cool mom! Mom, buy me the video game I wanted please." He asked our mother.

"I just bought you one last week, is this a weekly deal now son?" She asked him while handing me the syrup. I stuck my tongue at him again.

"Not fair. You are so lenient with Noona."

"Yah! Syrup and video game is way too different from each other!" I answered.

"Baby, it's not that I don't want to buy it for you but I've brought you one already just last week. Wait for next week, maybe I will change my mind." My mom is really sweet with us.

"Assa! Okay mom. I'll make you buy it for me next week, I'll be good."

"Okay, you better be.” Mom said to him while winking at me. Knowing my mom, she would buy it before this week ends.

I glanced at my watched and I was surprised how time flies. "Mom, I've gotta move. I still need to buy something from the bookstore."

"Be careful on the road." My mom said while hugging me. "I love you honey."

"Bye Baby brother, please say good bye to Durami for me!" I said while walking out the house. I went to my car and immediately switched on the engine. I drove as fast as I can and at the same time as careful as I have always been. I scanned the parking lot for the best available space, I frowned when I saw that the best place was beside the Jeep of Hae. I scanned again for the Nth time and I cannot deny that it is farther the best parking slot available. It is under the tree, which will make my car under the shade when the sun is shining brightly especially during lunch times. I sighed and parked my car. When I stopped the engine, I was extremely alert that maybe the jerk will suddenly show up. But to my disappointment, he didn't. I was feeling unusual, was I really hoping for him to show up?

I slowly walked to the bookstore and bought the paper I needed. I still have time. Today, I am really feeling different. Instead of dreading coming to school since it is Friday, I was excited to go. Am I having a change of heart? Nahhh...

I walked towards my classroom and saw my classmates loitering the corridor. I said hi to most of them and they all greeted me. In all honesty, I liked being popular as everyone seems so nice to you. I know some people may hate me like Yoona, but it's not because of my character but by just how they perceive me. And I believe, once they got to know me they will like me.

"Do you think he will give a surprise quiz Dara?" One of my classmates asked me.

"I don't think so, usually he drops some hint that he will give a quiz the next day right?" I replied to her.

"Hmmm you're right. Last time he told us he likes surprises then the next day he gave us surprised quiz." She said convinced.

"Yes and last time he told us, he will know if we are listening in his next class and boom, there goes the surprised quiz!" Another classmate joined in our conversation. I nodded at them.

Then I started to walk towards the stairs. I sat down on first step of the stairs and took out my book and started to read the last lesson we discussed last time. Five minutes might have passed when I suddenly heard murmurs from the students around me. I looked up and did not see something amiss so I just continued to read the lesson I was reading. I heard some of the students are giggling, I noticed that some of them avoided my gaze when I looked at them so I was troubled. I quickly looked at myself and I think my wardrobe is still intact. I raised my left shoulder a little above and sniffed it, there's nothing wrong with how I smell either.

I looked around me again and some of the students are still giggling, some of them are even blushing. What's this commotion about? I realized that I have been looking in front me but I never looked behind me. I slowly turn around and I was surprised to see Hae's face so close to mine. My lips are like 1 inch away from his, I was startled and my eyes widened as I hurriedly moved away from him by standing abruptly then rapidly losing my balance. I swear I was just waiting for my bum to hit the floor but instead, I felt two strong arms holding me intact, as I breathe, I smelled manly but fresh cologne, my face against my hero's firm chest, his heart beating loud against my ear. Then I heard the students scream and holler, some are even whistling. When I realized what happened, I raised my chin and looked at my hero and saw Hae, smiling widely at our audiences and nodding. I quickly pulled out from his embrace, composed myself and straightened my dress.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" I shouted at him. I felt his hand fell to my side brushing my thigh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He looked at me with his wide smile. "But, let's talk for a while." His facial expression changed, the smile was no longer there, if I am right, he is angry. Then he grabbed my wrist.

"Yahh! What the ---" Before I can finish my sentence, he dragged me behind him, downstairs. He was forceful but careful, he didn't let me trip down the stairs. When we are already downstairs, he pulled me into a corner and pushed me until my back was already touching the wall. I was still shocked at what he just did.

"Yah!! What do you think you are doin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter