BLUES 108

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--- DARA ---

I've been so harsh that's why he is treating me so coldly. I should rejoice right? As he will not pull any stunt to get in my nerves. But why am I feeling the opposite? Sigh.

I walked sadly outside the campus and saw Bommie and Hyesun standing just outside the exit gates.

"Hello beautiful people." I greeted them nicely despite being down.

"Wow instead of being grumpy or angry, you looked sad, what happened?" Hyesun asked.

"I'm just so tired today." I said to them.

"Well I am starving, continue your story in the restaurant please?" Bommie asked, nudging us both to move.

"Arasso." I answered as we walk to the restaurant. We sat near the glass window and ordered food from the hospitable waiter. We all ordered pasta. White sauce for Hyesun, and red sauce for Bommie and I.

"You know this school is scary and crazy at the same time." Hyesun started.

"Why?" Bommie asked while drinking her water.

"In the morning, I heard people gossiping about Yoona and Hae making out in front of the river." Hyesun answered. "But in the afternoon they are talking about something else."

"Hmmm... I haven't talked to Hae yet but I'm feeling it's not true." Bommie answered while eyeing me.

"How can you be so sure?" I've asked her.

"That's all in the past." Bommie answered.

"They were dating before?" Hyesun asked Bommie. I just waited for Bommie to answer.

"Ani! That's not what I meant." Bom answered still looking at me.

"Then? What does that mean?" Hyesun pushed Bommie to talk. Bommie inhaled as if trying to compose herself, she then grabbed her phone which is on top of the table.

"He liked her before but not anymore." She replied while texting on her phone, avoiding eye contacts. I cringe at just hearing that he liked her before. He is getting into me I know. I sighed.

"Oh, so is it Dara now that he likes?" Hyesun asked, I squinted my eyes on her then I turned to Bommie waiting for her to answer, feeling my energy being drained, but waiting for a good news. She's right, right? I bit my lower lip.

"What makes you say that?" Bommie answered without looking at any of us. Knowing her, she is keeping something. I just shrugged, it's not the answer that I liked to hear. Seriously was I really thinking she would say yes in an instant? He is in a bloody relationship with that girl!

"Well, she is wearing his jacket, oh wait, that's not Hae's." She said while looking at Ji's jacket.

"This is Ji's." I said.

"What the heck, why did they say you are wearing Hae's?" Hyesun asked.

"I was, but this is a swimming varsity jacket" I slightly tugged the sleeve.

"Then explain please." Hyesun said.

"Well, that crazy jerk. He surprised me in the morning, causing me to almost stumble on the ground, but he saved me. Then he pulled me into the basement and covered me with his jacket. Then I was so angry at him because he dragged me, I didn't know that I have this wardrobe malfunction." I untie Ji's jacket this time exposing my worn out dress.

"Whoah! I can see your !" Bommie reacted. I put my hand on Bommies mouth.

"Shhh!" I looked around and saw nobody was looking at us. I retracted my hand then I tied the sleeves again on my waist.

"Then why is that Ji's?!" Hyesun asked, obviously confused. "Damn gossips, they are true sometimes!"

"I wore Hae's jacket. On my way to the class, Ji saw me and was insisting that I wore his instead. At first, I told him no need, but after hearing this news about Hae and Yoona kissing, I decided to wear Ji's instead, for me not to cause any misunderstanding with the so-called-lovers."

"So you returned Hae's?" Bommie asked. "And he just lets you do that?"

 "Do what? Anyway he still insisted on me wearing his instead of Ji's. "

"I've got the feeling that it is not yet finished, so what happened next?" Hyesun asked.

"Well I go to my class and returned Hae's jacket, but he then dragged me again. And insisted me to swap the jackets because everyone will think I am Ji's girl. So I told him I don't mind at least Ji isn't committed. Then he cursed these gossipers. But I told him I don't care and walked away. Then he followed me and put this on my waist, threatening me that he will do that thing he did with Yoona with me if I removed his jacket."

"That thing?" Hyesun asked.

"Yes, meaning he will passionately kiss Dee. And..." Bommie clarified and giggles. "with tongue." She laughed hysterically like a mad woman.

"Thank you very much for clarifying that. So, I have no choice but to wear his. But suddenly a brilliant idea came into mind, that I could wear Ji's over Hae's jacket which I did. And he cannot threaten me with that crazy idea of his." I said. Then the waiter returned with our food. We all took a bite first before any of us spoke.

"Gosh, so? Where's his?" Hyesun started again. "Don't tell me you threw it somewhere like-"

"The dumbbell!" Bommie finished Hyesun's sentence and they both laughed. I ignored them and continued.

"Well, I think I pissed him off, he asked for his jacket after our class." I answered.

"Really... So... What did you do for him to ask for his jacket???" Bommie asked.

"We were talking about this innocence topic, which he told me he find fascinating, so I made a statement that Yoona must have fascinated him." I simply answered.

"You pissed him off with that?" Hyesun asked.

"Not really?" I asked Hyesun, dreading to talk about this. I felt guilty as hell.

"So what did you do that pissed him off?" Hyesun asked again. "Seriously lady, finish your bloody story, you are turning into this author with cliff hangers at each chapter." She laughed like a poised woman.

"He was like clarifying his thing with Yoona and I cut him off, saying that I don't care, he should not clarify it to me or explain it to me, that I don't care about his whole being. Something like that. He hates me right?" I looked at Bommie.

"Well, first, Dee you are harsh." Bom answered me. I nodded that is true. "Second, what did you do to my compassionate friend? Get off my friend you bad soul!" She said while shaking me. Hyesun is laughing hysterically.

"Hyesun, help me!!! Arghhhh--ghhh-gghhh" I said.

"Do it Bommie! Free our friend from this evil!" Hyesun cheered Bommie.

"Yahhh!!! I thought y-y-you ar--rre on m---my sss-side!" I exclaimed brokenly as Bommie is still shaking me.

"Seriously Dee, you are so harsh." Hyesun answered while I try to compose myself.

"I know." I looked at them with sad face.

"Sigh. Hae must be hurt." Bommie said.

"Why? Because he likes Dee?" Hyesun asked Bommie. I rolled my eyes this time, I don't want to hear negative answers anymore.

"H-huh? That's not what I meant. I mean anybody will be hurt with this harsh girl's words right?" Bommie answered.

"Well, yes." Hyesun replied while trying to get some pasta off her bowl.

"Please say sorry to him for me?" I asked Bommie.

"You do have his number right? Send him an apology. It will not mean anything to him if I say it to him, even it is from you. Why didn't you apologize to him earlier?" Bommie asked me.

"I felt so guilty, I've suddenly became a coward." I told them.

"Well, at least apologize now Dee." Hyesun told me while patting my arm.

"Yes, maybe later... I'll eat first, my brain is not working anymore." I said to them.

"Just make sure it's a heartfelt apology, nae?" Bommie said.

"Nae." I smiled at them. Will he even forgive me?

I said my goodbye to my friends when I received a message from our Prof. to meet her in the Faculty room as she needed some help before coming to the classroom. I silently walked to the west building where the faculty is.

I paused when I remembered that I saw him here somewhere before. My heart beating fast. What should I say to him in case I see him? What? What? What? I inhaled then I raised my chin and just walked silently. I know it's not time to be proud or something, but I was acting like that earlier and really, I just can't find the word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter