BLUES 136

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- =+= ---

 

Dara checked her calendar on phone. Yes, it really is Tuesday. She shook her head. It's been 5 days since she has spoken with Hae. She tried calling him but his phone is switched off. If it wasn't from the gossip swirling around the campus that the tournament was extended for another week, she wouldn't know why he hasn't come back yet.

 

She kept telling herself that maybe Hae is just busy and concentrating hard. But that's not Hae. Hae would never ignore her. Hae would never let her worry this much. He would call her. He would find time to talk to her, to ask her how was her day, to check on her. This is not her Hae, her jerk. To make matters worse, even calling the other guys are no use.

 

"Arasso. Bye. Good luck." CL said over the phone.  "Sorry Dee. No luck. I tried to ask Heechul indirectly but he kept changing the topic, as if avoiding the topic that links to Hae. He just kept saying everyone is fine. All of us is fine. That's all I got."

 

"Uhm thanks. At least he's fine." Dara frowned. "I really don't get why he's not switching his phone on."

 

"Did something happen Dee?" Minki asked Dara.

 

Dara shook her head. "Last time I've spoken with him, we are seem fine. Except for the fact that I wasn't able to pick up his calls on Friday, nothing happened."

 

"That can't be the reason. That's so petty." CL responded.

 

"Yes. Hae is not petty. I really don't get it." Dara replied.


"Have you tired Hyuk and asked him to pass the phone to Hae?" Minki asked.

 

Dara sighed. "Yes, a lot actually. I've done that a lot. Hyuk then will say that their coach is calling them. He is avoiding me guys."

 

The two friends just looked at her with pity. They obviously hate that Dara is in agony and all their means of helping her isn't turning fruitful. They all took turns calling the other varsity members, even Bommie used her charms over Siwon but he didn't budge nor spill anything about Hae.

 

CL moved in front of Dara, half smiling. "Well, do you have anything important for tomorrow?" CL asked  Dara.

 

"You mean homework--" Dara was cut off by CL.

 

"Projects, research papers, etc. blah blah blah. All those things that brings suffering to students. Do you have any?" She eyed Dara.

 

"No. Why?" Dara asked CL.

 

"Well, it's because we are driving to Incheon after classes." CL smiled at her.

 

"We are?" Dara's eyes widened.

 

"I'm coming too. I'll tell Dae now." Minki butted in.

 

"Yes we are. Let's go for man hunt later. I don't like this unpleasant aura that's surrounding you now." She patted Dara on her shoulder. "Let's see what's his problem." And then she winked at her.

 

Dara sighed and then nodded. Yes, she wanted to do it, to confront Hae, but she is damn nervous what will be the outcome. Why Hae suddenly ignored her, she wants the answer but she is afraid. She breathed deeper.

 

"Good. I'll call my baby." CL answered and went to the corner with her phone against her ear.

 

Minki stared at the nervous Dara. Dara's hands are shaking slightly and Minki knows she feeling nervous for what they are about to do later. "Gosh Dee, relax. You didn't do anything bad didn't you?"

 

Dara looked at her and bit her lower lip. "I don't actually know. Before I went to the seminar, Hae is acting weird and told me not to go to the seminar. He hates it that I'll go to the seminar with Jae-joong." She answered her truthfully.

 

"What about it? It's just a seminar and you didn't choose Jae-joong to take the other slot." CL said as she walks towards them. She sat beside Dara and bumped her arm against her arm. "Unless, you've got hots for Mr. Eye Candy." She slightly giggled and Minki glared at her. "What?! That guy is hot. You know. H-O-T. Hot!"

 

"Why would Dee got hots for that Eye Candy, when she has Hae, the Jock all for herself." She scoffed at CL. "Even that Jae-joong is really hot." She giggled too. And both friends laughed. When they realized Dara isn't reacting or joining them, they suddenly grew silent.

 

"What is it Dee? I can feel you are not telling us something." CL asked Dara.

 

Dara tilted her head and extended her hands behind her. She stared at the blue sky. "I am not really sure what happened. He just told me Jae-joong likes me that's why he hated the fact that I am going to the seminar with him. But I still went. Is it really enough for him to hate me this much? Totally ignoring me and not talking to me? Even sending a simple text message with hello, can't he even do that? I don't know if I should feel guilty over the fact that I did what I wanted to do instead of what he asked me to do. But can anyone blame me? I've worked hard to get that slot for the seminar, why should I just throw it out? Why would he hate on me? Even though I love my studies so much, I love him too." A tear escaped from her eye and she quickly wiped it with her hand before sitting up straight. "Damn." She sighed.

 

CL wrapped her arm around Dara's shoulder and Minki quickly moved beside Dara, totally squeezing her. Minki covered her left hand with her right hand, squeezing it. "Don't worry Dee, everything will be fine. Just say what you want to tell him later. Pour your heart out. I bet this day will finished with both of your hearts at ease." Minki said to her.

 

"We are going to be there with Hyesun and Bommie, you've got a squad behind your back to support you and we will beat Hae if he makes you cry later." CL added and that caused Dara to chuckle.


"Really guys. You will do that for me?" Dara asked CL.

 

"Yup, we will not stop unless you tell us to stop." CL answered in confidently.

 

"I love you guys!" Dara beamed.

 

"And we love you too." Minki answered. "So cheer up, maybe he has a reason why he is that way. And soon you will find out."

 

 

--- =+= ---

 

"Yah! It's getting harder to avoid the questions of Dara's friends. What do you plan on doing? Are you just going to avoid talking to her entirely?" Heechul snapped at Hae while throwing his phone inside his bag.

 

Hae just ignored Heechul and continued putting kinesio tapes on his legs.

 

"Yah! I'm talking to you!" Heechul went over Hae and threw a towel on Hae's back.

 

"Seriously Hae, it's getting exhausting for us too." Eunhyuk sat down beside Hae and took some tape from Hae and put it on his shoulder. "You can avoid her now since she is not here, but you can't avoid her when we go back to Seoul. You know that right?" Hyuk stared at Hae.

 

"Yes, that's why I'm buying some time here. So please, let's stop talking about her now. Let me have peace here. Now. I need some peace. Away from everything. Just please help me avoid it for now. Coz, I really need it." Hae exasperatingly said. "You guys are my friends right?!" He looked at Heechul and Eunhyuk and both nodded. "So help me." He grunted as he stood up and head towards the toilet.

 

"Geez." Heechul sighed. "I don't know what to do Hyuk."

 

"At least it is not Dee who is calling you. I'm feeling guilty of lying all the time but what can I do?" Hyuk sat on the bench. They are inside their locker room preparing for the next game,most of the players are outside the court now.

 

"Arrrggghhh." Heechul shouted. "I really don't think Dara can do that to Hae. I mean. Seriously. Dara? She is not that type of girl."

 

"I know right, I can't believe it too. But we aren't the ones who experienced it or heard it. It was Hae." Eunhyuk answered Heechul as he looked at the closed toilet door.

 

"Man,  I hate to be in the middle of this. Hae is my friend, but so is Dara. I wanted to talk to Dara what really happened but I don't think I have the right."

 

"Let's not meddle. It's their rift. But for now, Hae needs our support, so let's give it to him." Eunhyuk replied. "That guy doesn't show it, but I bet he is hurting inside."

 

"Yeah. I get it. Now I feel guilty. As much as I am having a hard time avoiding CL's probing, I bet Hae is having hard time the most." Heechul said. "But what can we do now, tomorrow we need to head back to Seoul."

 

"I don't know. I just wished everything will be alright. I hate seeing Hae this way. It breaks my heart too." Hyuk sighed.

 

"Let's go. Let him have his own moment." Heechul ushered Hyuk outside the locker room.

 

Hae was just standing against the door, listening to the conversation of Heechul and Hyuk. He wanted to make them feel at ease, but he doesn't have the energy to do so. Lucky for him, even though he feels the worst these past few days, his game was never affected. He sighed as he pressed his head on the door, slightly banging his head.

 

 

 

--- =+= ---

 

After the awarding. Hae and the guys went outside towards the bus which is waiting for them. He was holding his bag and an MVP medal on the other hand. The varsity members are all laughing as they talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter