BLUES 126

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

 

Thank You. Thank You?! I raked my hand on my head, combing my hair. "Gee. What the hell is wrong with me?" I kicked the blanket causing it to fall down out of the bed.

 

I sat on my bed, bent my knees and hug it. "I surely know that I like him. I'm even feeling that I'm falling in love with him. Why is it so hard to say 'I like you'?" I pressed my cheek on my knee.  Then I reached for my phone and dialled Bommie's number.

 

"Hello, Bommie?"

 

"Dee? Why are you calling so late?" Bommie answered me, obviously I have woken her up from her sleep. I glanced at the clock, it's already past 11:00pm. "Is there a problem?"

 

"Ani. Sorry Bommie, I was just checking my luck if you are still awake. Let's talk tomorrow."

 

"Yah! You've woken me up already. Just spill it. What's the matter?" She asked me. Now she is talking like she is really awake.

 

"Hae just told me he loves me." I wait for her to spazz. But she didn't. "Bommie?" Did she fell asleep?

 

"That's great." Then a pause and a sharp intake of air. "Wait what?!"

 

"He told me he loves me?" I answered her.

 

"Omo! Hold on!" I heard something like pressing some buttons on her phone. "Go Hyesun!"

 

"Aigoo Bommie. What the heck? I'm already sleeping!" Hyesun shouted on the phone and I can't help but unpress the phone on my ear since they are both shouting.

 

"Hyesun-aahhh! Dee just got confessed!" Bommie exclaimed.

 

"What? Where? I mean W-who?" Hyesun replied, I can hear her yawning from the other line.

 

"Hae." I answered.

 

"Wait. Oh, 3-way call. Hi Dee." Hyesun greeted me.

 

"Hello Hyesun." I can't help but laugh at us, obviously Hyesun is still in the middle of being awake and asleep.

 

"Hae confessed? He confessed already Bommie! Why are you waking me up?!" She shouted again.

 

"Hae told her he loves her!" Bommie answered.

 

"What?! Sincha? As in I love you Dara?" Hyesun replied.

 

"Hmmm... It's more of like, I love you Sandara Park." I answered Hyesun.

 

"Wait, tell us how he said it?" Bommie asked me.

 

"Well, you know how I love ramyeon right?" Nobody answered so I continued. "We went to this ramyeon shop, oh my gosh girls, let's go there again! The ramyeon is really delicious!"

 

"Dee!!!!" Both of them exclaimed. I removed the phone from my ear and massaged it.

 

"Yah! My ear!" After that I decided to lie down on my bed, with my stomach against the bed. I placed the phone in front of me and put it in speaker mode. This is better, I might go deaf because of these two crazy girls.

 

"Helllloo?!!!!" I heard Bommie shout.

 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Bommie!" Hyesun shouted. I'm really glad I put the phone down and away from my ear. I let them talk before saying anything.

 

"SANDARA PARK!" They both shout.

 

"Yah! I'm here. I just don't want to stop your bickering." I laughed at them.

 

"So?" Bommie asked calmly.

 

"Okay. So I ate too much. Then he was going to say something, but hesitated. I asked him if he was going to say, for such a tiny person I am, I ate too much."

 

"That's what he is planning to say right? You eat too much ramyeon." Hyesun answered.

 

"GO HYESUN!" Bommie shouted again.

 

"Arasso! I'll not say anything!" Hyesun responded. "Go on Dee."

 

"Then he told me no. He was planning to say something like for someone as beautiful as you, you sure do eat a lot. But..." I paused and waited for them to have another shouting attack.

 

"BUT WHAT?!" Hyesun shouted. I was surprised, I was expecting Bommie. I laughed. "Yah, you are laughing way too much."

 

"I thought it was Bommie who will shout first."

 

"SANDARA PARK! I'm trying to control myself from driving towards your house right now just to hear the full story, so please. TELL ME THE STORY NOW!!!!" Bommie shouted.

 

"Aigoo. Okay so. He told me, he likes it. And that I surprise him in everything. And he really likes everything about me. And that he is liking me more and more everyday. Then after that he made me face him and he blurted out 'I love you Sandara Park'."

 

Silence. *crickets*

 

"Bommie?" No answer.

 

"Hyesun?" Again no answer.

 

"Girls?! Say something!" I shouted.

 

"Awwwww he is so sweet Dee. I know he likes you so much but I didn't know he loves you already. That's my boy. Awww. So vocal!" Bommie finally answered.

 

"He is sweet Dee. I like him for you. Especially now that you like him too. But the question is, what did you do or say afterwards?" Hyesun asked.

 

"Yeah, Dee, what happened next?"

 

I bit my lower lip. "I looked at him in the eye." I stopped.

 

"And?" Bommie asked.

 

"I smiled at him." I continued.

 

"Then?" Hyesun asked.

 

"I told him..." I paused.

 

"You told him what Dee?" Bommie asked.

 

"Thank you." I answered.

 

"Thanks for what? For listening or for picking up your call. It's okay. So? What did you tell him?" Hyesun replied.

 

"I told him thank you." I answered again.

 

"WHAT?! You told him Thank you after those sweet words?! Yah! SANDARA PARK!!!!" Bommie glared at me.

 

"Wait Dee? Why? Don't you like him? Is there anything that made you unlike him? Did he do something in your date that you didn't like? Is he a maniac? Is he so possessive or something? You were able to eat in front of him right? So you must be comfortable. Why did you unlike him? What did he do for you to unlike him? Is he conceited? Is he uncaring? Because I have seen how he takes care of you. I doubt he is uncaring---" Hyesun suddenly bombarded me with questions.

 

"Yah, Hyesun, I think it's better if we let Dee answer instead of asking her too much questions." Bommie said.

 

"I think so too. Sorry. So Dee, carry on. But if you want to answer all of my questions---" Hyesun was interrupted again by Bommie.

 

"HYESUN!!!!" Bommie glared.

 

"Yah! Arasso. My ear!!!!" Hyesun replied.

 

"Dee?" Bommie asked again.

 

"I like him. I don't know what came over me not to say how I really feel. I still like him Hyesun, and my answer is no for all the negative questions you have asked me."

 

"Then what's the problem?" Hyesun asked.

 

"I don't know. Maybe I am afraid because it was too fast?" I answered her.

 

"What's too fast?" Bommie asked.

 

"You know, we even skipped the dating part." I answered.

 

"So what? The guy is already in love with you. To hell with the dating. You can have as much date as you want while you are in a relationship." Hyesun responded.

 

"I know. I know. What should I do? Should I send him a message that I like him?" I asked both of them.

 

"NO!" Both of them answered.

 

"No Dee. It's like you were forced or something. What happened after you said thank you?" Hyesun asked.

 

"He smiled at me and held my hand and guided me to the cafe where he planned to have some desserts."

 

"How about his expression? Was it a forced smile?" Bommie asked. I tried to remember how he smiled.

 

"I guess so. It actually looked like a sad smile."

 

"Poor Hae." Hyesun said.

 

"Yup, my poor friend. I guess he is having trouble sleeping right now and still thinking what went wrong." Bommie added. "I hope you can be true to yourself Dee."

 

"Yes Dee. You must be more vocal with your feelings. The guy is already in love with you, at least knowing that you do like him will ease the burden he is feeling when he forced you in that relationship. I wonder what he is feeling right now." Hyesun said.

 

"Don't worry too much Dee. Knowing Hae and how much he adores you, I know he will not give up in making you like him. Maybe now he is thinking of ways to make you like him. But please, the guy must be hurting right now. Try to show him you care." Bommie lectured me.

 

"I understand. I don't know what really came over me. I want to tell him I like him. Honestly..." I paused.

 

"Honestly what? Aren't we finished with this suspense-cliffhanger-statements Dee?!" Bommie exclaimed.

 

"Sorry. Honestly, I think, I'm falling in love with him."

 

"Omo! Say it now!" Hyesun said. "Call him now! Hahah, no, don't do that. Do it in a proper time." She sighed. "Just be true to yourself Dee, you know how Yoona likes Hae right? What if she stole him from you?"

 

"I'll pull her hair if she does that, Hae is my jerk. MINE!" I answered her.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter