BLUES 124

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

Kayyyaaaahhh!

 

"Kiddo?" I turned my head towards Hae, I realized he was holding the door for me to get out of the car. When did he get outside the car??? I was stupefied with Hae's cheesy lines and the kiss. Omo! He kissed me! I touched the cheek he kissed. "Kiddo? Is something wrong? Are you angry?" I looked at him with my for sure reddened face. I honestly don't know how long he was holding the door for me. I don't have time to care, I felt too embarrassed already to think how numb he is for standing long there.

 

"Omo." I quickly went outside the car, and due to my unfortunate and uncoordinated limbs, my foot slipped. Thankful my jerk has nice reflexes, he held my waist, stopped me from falling face down on the ground. Instead, my face crushed against his chest. I felt his moistened shirt against my face, it must have been his sweat. Was he waiting that long outside the car for him to sweat this much? I sniffed. Hmmm, he doesn't only look good when sweating, he smells good too! Is that even possible? I sniffed again when he suddenly released me leaning me against the car and moved towards the ground. I remained stapled on my position.

 

"Are you okay kiddo?" He crouched down checking my foot, closely. I felt shy since I was wearing this shorts with my bare legs. He stood up and faced me. Relief immediately took over my body. 

 

"Y-yes. Let's go?" I managed to say. He looked me in the eyes.

 

"Are you sure? Nothing hurts?" He asked me again, but he distanced himself, making me feel at ease a little.

 

"Yes. Sorry, I was spacing out." I admitted. He chuckled. Then I looked at him, no stared at him.

 

He bit his lower lip. "Aigoo. Sorry. My bad. Let's go?" He smiled at me. 

 

I nodded at him, then I glanced at my watch, it's still early, but I prefer to stay near my classroom. "We better." I answered him.

 

I walked faster than him, trying to compose myself with each step. I realized he was not beside me as I walk. I turned around a bit just enough for me to look where he is. He was just behind me, his face seems devoid of any expression. "Hae?" He looked up and stared at me. We are standing near the entrance but not blocking the other people who wants to enter the campus.

 

"Miss me that fast?" He looked at me sideways, teasing me.

 

"Yah, in your dreams." I slap his upper arm.

 

"Aigoo, do you really need to resort to physical pain?" He asked me while caressing his upper arm.

 

My eyes widened. Did I hurt him? Was my slap that strong? I went nearer and carefully the part I touched. "Omo sorry. It's your fault anyway." I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled and took my hand on his hand.

 

He ushered me to move forward. As we walked towards my classroom, we are in deep silence. People are staring at us, but we are already used to the attention they are giving us. We ignored them. I saw in one of the classrooms that some of the students even went towards the window just to sneak a peek at us. It's crazy.

 

"Hmmm, kiddo?" Hae broke the silence.

 

"Hmm?" I answered him with a hum.

 

I felt his grip on my hand tightened. "I'm sorry for..." He paused then sighed. "for earlier."

 

"For earlier?" I asked him.

 

"Yes, you know..." He paused again and I can feel his hand tensed while he holds mine. "about... the kiss."

 

Immediately, my face felt hot as if boiling blood rushed towards my cheeks, with just the word 'kiss.' I glanced at him and he was looking on the ground, also blushing. From the sight of it I can't help but laugh.

 

The air was filled with my laughter and when I looked at him again he was smiling widely at me. "What's so funny?" He said while still looking down on the ground.

 

"You." I pointed at him with my free hand.

 

"Me?" He asked me, he glanced at me then immediately removed his gazed on me and stared again on the ground.

 

"Yes, you, jerk." I chuckled.

 

"Yah!" He faced me with fainted streaks of pink on his cheeks. "Seriously kiddo, I don't think it's nice calling me jerk." He pressed his lips.

 

I halted from walking, we are almost in front of my classroom and faced him. Our hands still intertwined. I extended my free hand and pressed my index finger on his cheeks, where the faint pink is. He immediately tensed up, but he looked at my face. I saw him gulp which is funny. I looked at him in his eyes. "Here's why you are funny." I smiled at him. "Omo! You're blushing again!" I laughed at him and he just stared at me while crinkling his nose as he pressed his lips in a thin line and squints his eyes.

 

"You are enjoying this aren't you?" He asked me.

 

I nodded at him. Without any hint, he moved his face closer to mine, he pecked on my cheek and immediately I blushed as my eyes widened.

 

"There, something for you to ponder about." He smiled at me then he reached for my nose and pinched it lightly. "Remember, you blush way cuter than me kiddo." He released my hand and started to walk backwards. "See you later." He pouted his lips as if kissing the air but aiming for me. He turned around and head towards his class. I then realized we are in the middle of the corridor, and all of the students are gawking at us. Immediately, I moved towards an empty space in the stairway and sat. Ignoring the buzz around me. Why does the time seem to stop when I am with him? Why do I often forget the people around us when I am with him? Why don't anything that surrounds us matter when I am with him? Why do I feel this way? I feel my chest is going to explode any time soon. I pressed my faced on my hands which is now resting on my lap. Arggghh! Gossip!!!

 

I popped my head when I felt somebody poked me on the shoulder.

 

"Good morning Dee!" Minky said to me while smiling brightly.

 

"Good morning!" I smiled back at her then I looked at her back and saw Dae, Seunghyun and Bommie all smiling at me.

 

"Good morning Dee!" Bommie suddenly moved forward and sat beside me hugging me.

 

"Yah! What did she ate?" I looked at Seunghyun.

 

"Good morning Dee. Anyway, don't ask me, I didn't even eat breakfast with her today." Seunghyun answered me. He sat down behind Bommie. "She was fine earlier."

 

Minky and Dae sit in front of me. Immediately Minky put her head on Dae's shoulder. Maybe, someday, all those types of gestures will be normal for me and Hae that I will stop blushing whenever we do some sweet stuff. Maybe. I squinted my eyes. Hae again?! Arghhh!

 

I looked at Bommie whose head is also on my shoulder. "Yah, what's with you?"

 

"Nothing. I just wanted to savor all the time I have with you like this because I know soon, you will have no time for me." She said.

 

"What are you saying? Are you going somewhere Dee? Are you transferring to another University? Why? What's the problem? Did anything happen in your classes? Did you encounter with your Professors? Are you having a hard time here? Is there anyth---" Seunghyun asked me.

 

"Yah! What the heck is wrong with you?" Bommie smacked Seunghyun on his lap. "You are blabbering nonsense!"

 

"Oh! Phew!" He put his hands on Bommies shoulders and leaned forward looking at me. "So that's not the case then. I'm glad. Jiyong is having a hard time nowadays. But if he doesn't see you a single day, I think he will go crazier."

 

"That is true Dee, you broke the heart of the swimming master." Dae added.

 

"I didn't mean to." I said guiltily.

 

I saw Minki nudged him. "You don't have to feel guilty Dee, what can we do to stop our hearts? Besides, whatever you do, you will break his heart anyway because you don't feel the same way as him." Minki said.

 

Dae looked back at me. "I'm sorry Dee, don't mind my statement earlier. I didn't mean to offend you."

 

I smiled at him. "It's okay Dae, I know what I did to Jiyong." It's true, although I have been happy these last few days, from time to time I think about Jiyong.

 

"For me, what Minki said is right. It's a shame, but what can we do? Dee doesn't feel the same way towards him." Bommie said while putting her arm around my shoulder.

 

"But what do you mean she will have no time for you?" Seunghyun get back to the topic earlier.

 

"Oh that." Bommie looked at Seunghyun. "I meant, she will be busy with Hae of course." She winked at me, pulled out her arm and leaned on my shoulder again. "I'll miss you Dee. We don't spend a lot of time together nowadays, I can't imagine what will happen now."

 

"You speak really like I'm going somewhere Bommie. Of course I'll be spending time with you guys still." I leaned my head on her head.

 

"But it's not going to be the same. We are all committed now." Bommie sighed.

 

"We could hang out together with our boyfriends. Why are you so gloomy Bommie?" Minki asked Bommie.

 

"Just. It's been long since Dee had a boyfriend. Especially Hyesun. That girl! She didn't even bother to introduce her boyfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter