BLUES 120

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

I felt like I was walking on a cloud. I felt like I'm dreaming, but last time I've checked, this is not a dream. I finally had the courage to act on my feelings and this time I did not let the opportunity to pass. I've been moving so slow that I miss the chance to fight for what I am feeling, but not today. There has been too much complications and I was dragged down.

 

I no longer want to sit idle and wait for the gossips to subside. I need to do something immediately. I am already in a losing edge, hanging on a thin thread. I felt like I am a yoyo, sometimes I was up and instantaneously fall down. I'm working hard, but someone pulls me down again. And I can't seem to get out of that loop. But not today. Definitely not today. I've moved extra fast  and firm today and I'm happy with the outcome.

 

 

 

--- FLASHBACK ---

--- DARA ---

 

I walked in a haste to the front door carrying my diagram in my hands. I heard my mom called behind me.

 

"Dee! Aren't you going to have some breakfast before you go?" She shouted.

 

"Aniyo, Mom, I need to run, I still need to buy something in the bookstore!" I shouted as well as I went out the door. I ran out of super glue, one part of the wire is hanging loosely on the board and as I finished very late last night, I made up my mind to just work on it in school before my classes start. That's why I move earlier today. It doesn't look bad, but it's not that good either. It will be an average project, but I am satisfied with that because I've worked hard on it. With my two little clumsy hands.

 

"Take care! I love you! Grab some food when you can!" She shouted back.

 

"Nae! I love you too!" I answered back. I went to the parking, I put my diagram down an empty flower pot as I unlocked my car and put my stuff inside. I went inside my car and hurriedly drove.

 

When I reached the school's parking lot, I saw that there's an empty slot beside Hae's car but I decided not to park there. Even though the parking slot I've got has direct sunlight I didn't care. It's better to avoid him. Even his car. I've been successful ever since. Although I skipped my photography club last Monday and has to lie to my Professor that I cannot run errands for her and go to the Faculty. I was able to avoid him. Thankfully, he gave me some space too. He didn't bother me except for the messages he sent me which are just: 'Dara?', 'Dara please?' 

 

I looked at my watch. 45 minutes, I still have 45 minutes. I gathered my stuff and went directly to the bookstore. I bought the super glue and went outside. As I went out the bookstore I realized I have not taken my diagram out from the car. I felt my phone vibrated but I just ignored it. I have no time to waste. I went out again to the parking lot and went to my car. I unlocked it and opened the door. Oh, it's not here? Maybe at  the back seat?

 

 I walked towards the back side and opened the door. It's not here also? I looked at the car floor. Where is it? But then it hit me. Did I take it from the flower pot? Was it still there? Crap! This is not happening to me! I took my phone out and saw I have a message from my mom.

 

[MOM] Honey, you left your project outside, I put it inside the living room.

 

"!" I walked inside the campus straight to the bookstore. I breathe in and out. Calm down Dara, just make it again, you still have 38 minutes, you can do another project. I can right? Yes I can. I was looking at the illustration board in front of me and grabbed one. I went around the bookstore. Wires. Wires. I was near crying when I spotted some electrical supplies I walked towards it. And scanned it. Who am I kidding? I was working on that project for 3 whole nights and here I am thinking I could finish it in 30 minutes?! My body is shaking. My heart thumping fast. 34% of my grade. 34%!!!! Failed subject! Professor Tim next semester! A tear left my eye and I dried it with my hand. I don't want any failing subject. I don't want to see Professor Tim! I was already sobbing as I look at the electrical supplies.

 

"Dara?" I heard somebody called me. I turned around and saw Hae.

 

Great. Just great. "Jerk, not now." I shoved him away.

 

"Is everything alright?" He asked me.

 

"Yes. Just do your business here. Don't mind me." I glared at him.

 

"Are you sure everything is alright?"

 

"Yes, go away from me, I really have no time right now Hae." I walked pass through him, but tears are already rolling down my cheeks. You know the feeling when you are crying and you just stopped but when somebody asked you if you are alright, you started crying again? That's what's happening to me now.

 

He forced me to face him and held both of my shoulders. "Yah, tell me what's the problem. Please?" He asked me his face covered with worry.

 

This time, I really felt defeated. I have to answer him. I can't fight with him. I'm so pressured. "I-I forgot my d-diagram at home. I n-need to do one now. Like right now." I said to him while my voice is still shaking.

 

"No you don't. Come." He held my hand and led me towards the exit of the bookstore.

 

I stopped him by pulling my hand out of his grip. "Where are we going?" I asked.

 

"Leave those, you won't need those. Just come with me please?" He said to me.

 

I looked at him intently. "I don't have time for this Hae, I really need to make a new diagram."

 

"Can you at least trust me?Ffor once?" He asked me, with pleading tone.

 

I nodded my head and put down all the materials I took. He took my wrist and we walked out the bookstore. He was silent, I can feel eyes on me, on us. But I was too worried to care. I just followed Hae silently. When I realized we are heading to the court, to their locker room. I pulled my wrist.

 

"I can't come in there." I pointed at the locker room.

 

He smiled at me and answered me. "Not in there silly. There." He pointed on the next room beside the locker, it has "STOCK ROOM" on the door.

 

"Oh." I felt my cheeks burn.

 

He ushered me towards the door, he took a key inside his pocket and opened the door. We walked inside and I was surprised. There are racks inside with shirts, balls, some exercising equipment, but on one side, there is a rack full of different projects, there are folders, a stack of cd cases and papers.

 

"This is our heaven. When we do not have time to make our projects, these projects here come in handy. These are previous projects of old varsity members, which they left here. We have left some items here as well. But Coach Yoo gave the key to me only, I decide whether that person deserves to get a project here or not. We don't really promote laziness, but we support each other. We get busy when we have tournaments." He walked  towards one side and took one diagram.

 

"This should be fine." He inspected it and put it on the side. He clapped and the bulb lit up. "It's working, just put your name on it." He handed it to me. I took it and just stared into his brown orbs. I'm so helpless right now and I really need this. I badly need this.

 

"Thanks Hae. I don't know what I'll do if you didn't show up in the bookstore earlier."  I said sincerely. I looked at the diagram and it's like sparkling. It's an instant diagram!

 

I look at my watch and saw that I must move as my next class is due in 3 minutes. "Crap! I have to go. I'll repay you, I promise." I looked at him then smiled at him.

 

"Promise?" He asked me.

 

"Nae. Thanks again." I walked outside the room and went directly to my next class. I looked at the diagram on my hands and smiled. 

 

--- DARA ---

 

I feel elated as I walked towards our classroom. First because I have diagram. Second is that the jerk and I seems okay now. I am not hoping for us to date and be in a relationship. That should be out of the question now even though I have feelings for him. It's just hard to have ill feelings toward somebody, it's hard for me. I'd like to be okay with everyone if that is possible. When I entered the room, Hae wasn't there yet. I placed my diagram in front where our other classmates have put theirs. My 34% grade is safe. I walked towards my seat and read my notes.

 

After sometime Hae and Hyuk arrived. The class was finished but Hae didn't approached or talked to me. I went out and saw him waiting outside the room. Leaning on the wall. When he saw me approaching, he stood up straight, with both hands inside his pockets.

 

"So? It went well?" He asked me smiling.

 

"Nae, thanks to you." I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown earlier and I was really thankful for him for saving me and my grade in this subject.

 

"Are you going for lunch?" He asked me.

 

"Nae." I nodded as I answer him.

 

"With Bommie and Hyesun?" I just nodded.

 

"Can you spare me some time?" He stopped me from my tracks by holding my wrist.

 

I looked at him and realized that I am indebted to this person. "W-why?"

 

"So we could discuss the payment?" He asked me.

 

"P-payment?" I looked at him confused then I remembered telling him I'll repay him. Repay = Payment. Right. "Arasso." He pulled me towards an empty room.

 

"So?" I've asked him. "How can I repay you?"

 

He gently smiled at me and walk towards me. As he took another step closer to me, I took a step backwards. I put both of my hands on his chest to avoid him to move closer again. I can't deal with this closeness. My heart will soon jump out of my chest. He smirked. "So?"

 

"Be my girlfriend." He said without any retraction, without hint of shame.

 

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?" I glared at him.

 

There's smugness in his tone. But he looks so hot right now. HOT! "You've asked me how you can repay me. Then, be my girlfriend." He said to me bluntly.

 

"Yah! I am not joking here." I said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter