BLUES 110

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

--- HAE ---

 

Blabbermouth. I'm a big blabbermouth. I looked at her and she looked tensed on her seat. I've gotta do something... Think Hae... Think...

 

"What happened to your car?" I asked her trying to act cool, like nothing happened. Like I didn't confess what I am feeling, well, that was just almost what I am feeling.

 

"N-nothing." She simply answered.

 

"Did you go on a date or something?" I asked her, I don't want to be obvious that I do know what happened.

 

"Ani." She said. She is killing me, I'm trying to break the tension I caused earlier and here she is giving me short answers. "I'm sorry for today." She said, still not looking at me.

 

"Why? What are you sorry for?"

 

"Well, I took your time. Did you..." She stopped then I saw her hands gripped her phone tightly. "Ask permission?"

 

"What? Permission? What do you mean?" I didn't get her question.

 

"Permission from Yoona?" Ahhh so here we go, she is acting jealous. I smiled, feeling her tensed up regarding the subject. "I don't want to cause any misunderstanding or sort."

 

"What's with you and Yoona?" I then asked trying to avoid the question.

 

"What's with you and Jiyong?" I glanced at her smiling. She looked at me with a teasing smile, I turned my gaze into her lips. Lips. Those lips. I suddenly felt my teeth against my lower lip. I shrugged the thought out.

 

"Oh, okay, here we go again? With the question answering a question?" I asked her smiling.

 

"Uhm... Can we get serious for some time Hae?" She asked me seriously but still smiling.

 

"Hmmm... okay?" I answered her, unsure what she meant by that.

 

"See, we have time here, can we get to know each other a bit?" She looked at me. "Like answer my question and after that you get a chance to ask me a question?"

 

"Hmmm, deal." I smiled at her.

 

"But, here's the thing, if you answer my question with another question, you lost your chance to ask me a question but you've got to answer the first question then the second." She smiled to me widely with her brow raised a bit.

 

"Hmmm, what if you answered my question with another question then?" Of course I have to be clever, I don't like being outwitted. It's me who wants to know her more I think.

 

"Of course, I'll lose my turn too. I'm not a cheater you know." She replied.

 

"Then deal. Who goes first?" I eyed her. "Me."


"Yah! Not fair." She chuckled at me.

 

"Okay ladies first." I looked at my watch, we still have more than half an hour. I hope I learn more about her. I looked straight on the road.

 

"What is it with you and Jiyong?" She asked me, I was happy that she didn't press for the Yoona thing.

 

"Honestly, I don't know. We just have this tension that I also don't know where it came from. My turn, what's your ideal guy?" I looked at her and she raised her brow on me, I believe she wasn't expecting it.

 

"Hmmm, I don't have an ideal guy, I just want someone who will accept and respect me for who I am, love me and care for me." She paused and I didn't say anything, I just waited for her to continue. "Someone... Who will choose to be with me while he work for his dreams to come true." She turned her head and looked outside the window. She paused before asking me. "Is Yoona your ideal type?"

 

Now it's my turn to raise my brow on her. "Not really, nope." I smiled at her, her question is so easy to answer. "Why do you hate Yoona?" She frowned realizing she cannot get enough from her choice of questions.

 

"I don't hate her, it's the other way around, she hates me." She said vaguely. "What is the first thing you notice from a girl?"

 

I laughed at her. "Okay, this is getting interesting. As much as I want to tell you that it is not the looks, I will be a hypocrite. Of course I notice the face first. Call it typical, but seriously, I think almost everyone notices the looks first, but our feelings get deeper once we know that person more right?" I was looking at her while I answer her question and she was nodding all the time. "So...Why does Yoona hate you?"

 

"I really don't know where it started but I believe it was refueled by some circumstances." She looked at her hands. "Why do you hate Jiyong?"

 

"At first, I don't hate him, but recently I've been hating him because of some circumstances." Or because of somebody. I looked at her, she was still looking at her hands, inspecting her nails. "Why did you steal Yoona's boyfriend?" She looked at me shocked at my question then glared at me.

 

"Excuse me, I didn't, Soo Hyuk isn't her boyfriend. He was my-" She stopped then looked away. "my almost boyfriend, not hers. "My turn. What did you like in Yoona?"

 

"Can't I like her? Ow, ." She laughed, winning something like this. 

 

"Answer my first question first."  She probed me.

 

"She is pretty." Well that's the truth, she is not called the muse if she doesn't have that pretty face.

 

"How did you win Yoona, or rather a girl you like? Or what is the jerk, ahem, the jock's tactic to win a girl's heart?" She asked me.

 

"Well, I piss her off at first. When I got her attention already, I try to win her heart next." I looked at her, she blushed. "How did Soo Hyuk won your heart?"

 

"Hmm" She paused, there's some spark in her eyes whenever Soo Hyuk's our topic. "We were friends at first and we just clicked. We have same interests, he respects me, he cared for me, well before things got different, before it became complex. We just really enjoyed each other's company. Slowly we just drifted from being friends, we started with group dates then suddenly, he is asking me out, just the two of us. Then we just realized we are just exclusively dating. That's him by the way." She said while pointing on one of the billboards. I looked up and saw this good looking man in a open denim polo and in ragged jeans. He has toned body, tall and very handsome face. No wonder, Yoona likes him too. "When a guy suddenly choose something over you, does it mean you are no longer important?"

 

I looked at her, this is something not related to me, but I answered her anyway. "I don't think it necessarily means you are no longer important, it could also mean that there is just something else more important for him." I looked at her now-sad-face. Was it a sad break-up? I tried to change the mood. "What makes you happy?"

 

"Helping others." She said to me directly, she didn't even think about it. I smiled at her, knowing she is really a kind-hearted soul. "Why do you hate me?"


I snapped in her direction. I was surprised with her question. "I don't hate you." I like you, I love you. I wanted to tell her but I don't think it's a good timing. "How can I hate you? I actually just like to get your attention. Where did you go yesterday with Kwon?" I tried to change the topic.

 

She glanced me a surprise look. "How did you know?" She tilted her head up. "Gosh."

 

"Answer my question." I smiled at her.

 

"We didn't go anywhere. He just dropped me home."

 

"Did you enjoy the ride with him?" I grabbed the steering wheel tightly. Of course, she did.

 

"It was fine." She looked away. "How did you know?"

 

"I wanted to know everything about you." I answered her honestly. "How about today, this ride? How did you find it so far?"

 

"This is nice actually, us not bickering, it's new to me." She smiled but not looking back at me. "Don't you think Yoona will get angry?"

 

"What did I do for her to get angry------ Shoot!" I slammed the steering wheel lightly.

 

"She will not."

 

"Are you going to piss me off again?"

 

"I think I passed that stage already, so no, I don't think I need to piss you off anymore." I looked at her intently but she avoided my gaze. "Do you want to go see a movie tomorrow?" I held my breath.

 

"I can't, I have to go somewhere." She answered me without even thinking about it. "Why would you ask me to go see a movie suddenly?"

 

"To start anew." I answered her simply. "Are you going on a date with Kwon tomorrow?"

 

"Ani." She answered. "Can you act like you don't know me in the school after this?"

 

"No. Definitely not." I answered her then I shot her a confused look. "Why would I do that?"

 

"I don't want to make my rift with Yoona bigger." I looked at her but she is still avoiding my gaze, I don't know why we suddenly thrown back to this tension again. "Can't you ask Yoona to go with you instead?"

 

"No. I don't want, anyway, I just remembered I have something to do too." I forgot that I have to go to the Social Welfare club tomorrow, it's for an hour or so, but if she doesn't want to come with me I think I'll spend my day there longer. "Are you and Kwon together now after last night?" She tensed up, I know I was being direct unlike her going around the bush about Yoona. Well, I wanted to know where do I stand. But she is very shy to ask me if Yoona and I are together.

 

"Ani. What makes you think that?" Beside the fact that she suddenly shied away when I told her that I passed that pissing off stage already, she just held back and took another step backwards. I am thinking maybe it was because of Jiyong.

 

"Nothing. Do you like him... As a friend?" I answered her, afraid of what I would hear next. That I am late and that Kwon will win her, that she likes her more than a friend.

 

"Y-yes." She answered. "What makes you happy?" I looked at her and she was still looking at the window.

 

"Taking photographs." She then looked at me with an amused look. I smiled at her. "Am I counted as your friend already?" I shot her a hopeful look.

 

"Well, if you will no longer be a jerk, maybe." She laughed. "Do you want to be friends with me?"

 

"It doesn't look appetizing, but yes." She shot me a glare. "If Soo Hyuk appears again in your life, are you going to take him back?" She gasped, I guess I have been taking her by surprise with my questions. I just realized that I am looking ahead and not behind me. I am thinking about Kwon only when I also need to worry about the past.

 

"I honestly haven't thought about it so I don't know." She sighed. "Is Yoona your first girlfriend?" I laughed at her question. Seriously?

 

"No." She isn't my girlfriend. "Is Soo Hyuk your first boyfriend?"

 

"No." She answered and I was surprised. "How many girlfriends did you have before Yoona?"

 

"One. How about you, how many boyfriends?"

 

"None." I shot her a glance. "What? You asked me if Soo Hyuk my first boyfriend, but we really didn't have that agreement, that's why I called him almost-boyfriend only. So I answered no." She looked away. "Oh we are here."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter