BLUES 115

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

After thousand of text messages and missed calls ignored, Hae suddenly turned silent today. Today I saw him in Circuits 101, I was avoiding him all throughout my stay in the school and I did a very good job on it even on our class. After some time of reflection, I felt ashamed on how I acted that day, I must have looked like a monster in front of him. But I was really angry,  I never felt pressured like this before and he pushed me more that's why I suddenly have an outburst. I am sorry for how I behaved, I wonder if he still likes me. Arghhh! I am drowning in these projects and I was still thinking if he still likes me? Wake-up Dara! Wake-up! I slightly tap my cheeks.

 

I continued reading my paper. I check the time and it's just 9:00pm. I looked into my list and sighed. I have finished 2 but I still need to do a lot of things.

 

Modern Chromatographic Analysis - 0%

Green Chemistry: Principles and Techniques - 100% complete

Advanced Organic Chemistry - 0% - 75% complete (Needs printing and compilation)

Chemical Engineering Kinetics - 50% complete - 100% complete

Dynamic Simulation Workshop - 0% - 25% complete (need more research)

Circuits 101 - ???? - 0% DIAGRAM! @#$*%#+!!!

Chemical Engineering Process Development - 0%

Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics - 0% (find J.M. Smith Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 7th Edition in the Library)

I stared at Circuits 101 - ????  - 0% DIAGRAM! @#$(%#+!!! then I recalled what happened earlier:

 

"Class, in our first day, I have already informed you that individually, you have to make one project in relation to block diagram. For this semester, I am requiring you all to make a simple clap switch project. You can use bulbs, fan, radio or any appliances you wanted and make sure it works by using clap switch. Of course, if you wanted to use a TV, LED please no more plasma, I am willing to accept it. As long as you will leave that appliance with me, I have no problem at all." We all laughed at our funny professor. "You have to pass it by next, next week so you have an entire week to finish it. Submit it to me on the next Wednesday, here in our class. Arasso?"

"Yes sir!" We all answered him.

"This project must be submitted to me on that day, or else you will fail this subject." He told us seriously.

"Oh Prof.! Why?" Hyuk asked.

"Well, this is like 34% of your grade, of course without submitting it, you will not get the 34% of your grade, entailing a failed mark. Well unless you have your 66% intact." He sat on his desk and continued. "This is a very simple project, which can help those of you who are failing to catch up, so you all better make sure you submit it on time. Or else you will take this subject again next semester, and I am telling you, I am no longer handling this subject next year but Professor Tim will." I heard groans from my classmates. Professor Tim is the prof. who is known to be the most strict in the campus and nobody wants to take any subject under him, unfortunately for some, Professor Tim is handling Hydraulics subject for Mechanical Engineering alone so they all don't have choice but to be under his wing during this class.


During our Circuits 101 class I can feel the stares of Hae. I know he wanted to approach me but he was hesitant. In the end, he didn't talk to me. I must have still given him this ferocious aura that I have shown him last time. Even Hyuk didn't talk to me or even say hi to me. I know I have been sulking these past few days, how can I pretend to be okay when my mind and body is tired? I like cramming to be honest, it forces me to work fast and take it all in my head. But I don't think cramming will do justice to my grades if I use it with these projects. Anyway, I was looking forward for the school festival, maybe I could have a bit fun? Just a tiny little bit of fun?

 

Tomorrow is the first day of school festival. Gahh! I have to finish taking photos before I could go to the library to finish my research for my papers. I know I can use the internet for research, but there's something in the books that I prefer using it. Tomorrow. *SIGH* I don't even know if I could have teeny bit of fun.

 

I wanted to act mean all the way, but I heard that the club mentor is giving 2 cameras to the volunteers, it means I have to use one and Hae will use the other one. It's for the angle thingy, they wanted to get nice angles and photographs. I was planning not to help Hae but I can't do that, I have to help him and do my part. I felt bad throwing tantrums on him last time.

 

These last two days have passed very fast, even Jiyong isn't bothering me. I guess Bommie already informed him that I am having the hardest time in my life and he doesn't want to add to my stack of problems. Even Hae gave up. Out of the blue, I heard my phone beeped, I went to my bed and read it. Speaking of the devil.

 

[HAE] Hi kiddo, I know you are still angry, I just want to let you know that  you don't need to do the photographs. I'll do it myself. Sorry again.

 

I've been angry for so long that I felt bad for him so I decided to reply.

 

[DARA] It's okay, it's just for a few hours anyway. I'll help you, let's meet by the bookstore tomorrow. Do have the cameras?

 

[HAE] You're no longer angry at me?

 

[DARA] I said I'll help, but I didn't say I'm no longer angry at you. Do you have the cameras?

 

[HAE] (ㅠ  ㅠ )  Yes. I have the cameras, I've prepared it all, even the back-up batteries.

 

I smiled at his emoticon, he sure is cute. But I decided not to be swayed yet. Or act like I am not swayed.

 

[DARA] Okay see you at 9 by the bookstore.

 

[HAE] Okay. See you.

 

I dropped my phone on the bed and it beeped again. I reached out for it and read his message.

 

[HAE] I'll treat you to ramen, please stop being angry at me?

 

[DARA] Just ramen? I've been angry big time, }:[  I don't think ramen is enough.

 

I smiled. He still likes me right?

 

[HAE] :-o I'll give you all the prizes I will get from all the game booths.

 

[DARA] Those big stuffed toys?

 

I remember last year, in all the game booths, there are big stuffed toys as prizes, we all worked hard in playing that I've lost some amount of money but I only got the smallest stuffed toy only. But Bommie got around 6 of the big stuffed toys in the shooting game. She was banned from playing at the end as she got it in all of her 6 tries. She was begging the booth lady to let her play, but she told her she'll ran out of prizes if she continues to let Bommie play. In the end, Bommie went to other games, but as gossip in the campus travels fast, she was banned from everything. Anyway she got 6 big prizes, she gave each one of us one. And that is sitting in my bed right now.

 

[HAE] Whatever I'll win.

 

[DARA] What if you don't win anything?

 

[HAE] I'll win something for sure.

 

[DARA] I do not accept small stuffed toys. I only accept big ones. I was angry big time remember? >:(

 

[HAE] Being angry big time - Big stuffed toy/s = Forgiven Hae --> Is the equation correct? O:)

 

I smiled at his cuteness.

 

[DARA] Let's see?

 

[HAE] Okay, I'll work hard for those kiddo that you cannot avoid to forgive me. :) Good night kiddo.

 

[DARA] Good night. :)

 

I sighed, this time no longer heavy sighing but a relieved sigh. He is such a cute jerk. My cute jerk.

 

I walked to my desk and continued with my paper. This time I felt inspired.

 

 

 

--- HAE ---

 

 

I looked at her reply. She has forgiven me right? Or else she will not respond to my messages. Just like any other 3rd year or higher year, I'm one of those unlucky too. I have been down for a couple of days because of what happened with Dara but those projects made me forget about it for some time. I was working my off too these past days, I needed to finish my papers and projects. I wanted to feel burden free at least or half-burden-free in that case, for tomorrow I will be spending my time with Dara.

 

I smiled just thinking that I will be spending time with her taking photographs in the morning. I need to work hard also in obtaining those big stuffed toys. It means she will be beside me as I try to win it right? So, we will be there together, visiting each booths, playing, winning games. I chuckled. Me and Dara tomorrow, complete day. It's like a date! Assa!

 

Today, I really wanted to talk to her but stopped myself. I need to let her have a breather. I didn't send her any messages as well or called her. Although I wanted to bug her to forgive me, I followed Bommie's advise on not to bother her for now and let her have break first then she will calm down and talk to me after some time. I did it and she was right, finally, she did text me back. Apparently, this is a new side of Dara too that they haven't seen yet. As Bommie told me Dara is somewhat a perfectionist, not really the obsessive compulsive type, but she wanted to have good grades all throughout college. Now that we are in 3rd year, she has a problem with one of her subjects, she can't understand one lesson. And in all of her projects or papers, she has to work on that particular lesson that she doesn't understand really well. This has ticked her off. It never happened to her, she is always the smart one.

 

I can't blame her, she might have felt frustrated not understanding one topic, it must be new to her. It's just like in basketball, I get wretched whenever I miss a free-throw and I started to get in a fed-up mood if I miss it while still in court. I might be too understanding that even though she yelled at me I feel so sorry towards her. Who can blame me? I love that eye candy. I'm in love with that eye candy. My eye candy, and tomorrow, we will be spending the day together!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter