BLUES 130

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

"Oh! It's nice to have some warmth from the sun today!" CL exclaimed as she leans back with stretched legs on the mat, her straight arms supporting her weight, her hands against the mat.

 

We are hanging out in the park with just the girls one Sunday morning. Since we wanted to relax, we decided to have a picnic on the park instead of going to the mall or to watch movies. Each of us brought something. I brought some sandwiches. Minki brought some kimbap and water. Bommie brought a cake. Hyesun brought some chips. And CL brought the picnic blanket and the big umbrella which we decided not to use since it's nice to have the sun's warmth from time to time.

 

It has been almost two months now since Hae and I have been together without our real feelings being concealed. I love every second of my relationship with Hae. We've became open with each other and we never failed to show how much we care for one another. There are small misunderstanding every now and then but we never failed to patch things up. I looked at my friends, maybe without them, I would never realize how much I have fallen for Hae already.

 

Bommie giggled after CL's words. "So warm, like Seunghyun's kiss!" Bommie exclaimed. We all looked at her in awe. We know Bommie is blunt but we never hear her so blunt about these things. Sometimes I envy her as she knows how to speak her mind easily, if I have her bluntness maybe Hae and I could have started differently. But looking back at it now, we still made it. We are happy.

 

"Wow! As expected of you! You are so blunt Bommie! But your bluntness is at different level today!" Minki replied.

 

CL laughed. "You find Seunghyun's kiss warm?"

 

"Yah! It's still morning people!" Hyesun answered. As expected, Hyesun would react this way. She is so reserved too, imagine, she has this ongoing relationship with Minho but she was able to keep it from us for a while. But she is not reserved when it comes to Minho, she likes the guy, but I kept thinking, she loves him already and she might have told him already and she is just keeping it from us. I don't mind though, when Hyesun's ready, she will tell it to us. Maybe right now they just want to savor the secret in between her and Minho only. The way they interact, I bet they both love each other. It's not hard to tell.

 

"Oh, look who's talking..." Minki said while looking at Hyesun. "I saw a couple yesterday MORNING, kissing in the corner of South Building. Who could it be?"

 

"Yah! It's just a peck Minki-ah!" Hyesun suddenly blushed. We all laughed. "As if Dae hasn't kissed you yet!"

 

I looked at my silly friends and smiled. Oh I love these girls.

 

"Of course we kiss! We are together anyway!" Minki responded. I laughed at Minki's retort.

 

"So how was it? Cold? Hot? Warm?" Bommie asked Minki.

 

"Hmmm... Now that you're asking. I never thought about it. But I suppose, it's hot too." Minki responded with a smile.

 

"How about you Dee? How's Hae's kiss?" CL then turned to me.

 

"Kiss? Actually..." I stopped. Kiss? How's Hae's kiss? I have no idea. "We haven't kissed yet." I said as I turned my head down.

 

"What?!!!" I heard them all exclaimed.

 

"Hmmm... Yes. We haven't kissed yet." I answered them again. I am not shy about it but sometimes when this thought comes into my mind, I can't help but feel worry. Maybe he just loves me but not really wants me? I bit my lower lip as I felt something hot is slowly creeping on my cheeks. Wants? Oh! Am I becoming a ert now?!

 

"Yah! What's wrong with you guys?!" Bommie shouted. "And why the heck are you blushing there? What are you thinking? You're not lying are you? You really haven't kissed?!"

 

"What? Stop glaring at me Bommie." I answered her. Her glares frighten me. I moved behind Hyesun so Bommie couldn't look at me anymore with her piercing eyes. "Not all couples kiss."

 

"Of course not all, especially the younger ones.  I know we are still young, but I think it's pretty normal for us to be kissing our boyfriends." Hyesun spoke.

 

"Not you too! I thought you're on my side. I thought you'll speak out for me!" I poked her side and she yelped.

 

"I just don't get it Dee, why aren't you kissing?" Hyesun asked me.

 

Why aren't we kissing? I honestly don't know. We've been out on several dates already, but Hae isn't initiating any kiss. Should I initiate it?  I shook my head. No, I shouldn't. Is there any problems with me? Maybe I have a bad breath? I moved forward to Bommie and asked her directly. "Does my breath smells bad?"

 

Bommie moved forward and sniffed me while I leaned closer to her with my mouth partially open. "No, it smells nice actually."

 

"Maybe it smells bad when I am with him?" I asked them.

 

"Come on Dee. Your breath doesn't , don't think of it that way. Maybe he is just shy?" Minki replied.

 

"Oh come on, you've been dating for past 1 month already. Why not kiss Dee?" CL responded. "But since he is a guy, I'm sure he is dying to kiss you already."

 

"They have been dating for more than 2 months now." Hyesun corrected.

 

"More than 2 months? Wow, time really does fly." CL replied.

 

"Do you really think he wants to kiss me?" I've asked CL.

 

She laughed. "What the heck? If I'm a boy, I'll totally do you."

 

"Woah! Lesbian alert here!" Minki teased CL.

 

"What?! She's an eye candy! You know how pretty Dee is! Who will turn down any opportunity to kiss such beauty?!" CL exclaimed.

 

"I don't know if that's comforting, but thanks anyway CL." I answered while laughing. "So it's like I'm the only kiss among us."

 

"Ohhhh please! As if you didn't kiss Soo-Hyuk!" Hyesun responded.

 

"Yah! I mean now! With our current boyfriends!" I exclaimed. "Why did you bring up Soo-Hyuk?"

 

"Speaking of him, how was his kiss Dee?" CL suddenly asked.

 

I looked up and tried to think about it again. Reminiscing an old flame's kiss isn't a sin right? "It was..." I paused and smiled. "hot. Extremely hot!" I said and they all laughed. "Wait a minute, how about Taeyang's? You never mentioned anything about it!"

 

"Well nobody asked me. It's warm and hot. Sometimes, when he kisses me and we are alone in a place, it gets really hot, you know really hot." She laughed before continuing. "But when it's like a spur of a moment thing, it's warm." She smiled.

 

"Wow, look who's blunt." Bommie responded while hugging CL. "I love you girl so frank."

 

"I love you too. But seriously, it's just a kiss. But the first one really makes the impression, so Dee get ready for it." CL answered.

 

"Get ready for it? What do you mean about that?" I asked her.

 

"I mean get ready for us! We will surely squeeze you for every detail about it." CL responded.

 

"Wait what? Why would you do that?!" I exclaimed.

 

"Because you are the only kiss--maiden here!" Hyesun responded.

 

"You are all crazy. I bet it would be the same as Soo-Hyuk's kiss too." I answered and looked at their apalled expression. "What? He's the only guy I've kissed!"

 

"Don't compare honey. It's not nice." Bommie responded.

 

"Yah! I am not comparing!" I answered then I pointed my index finger into my chest. "Kiss--maiden here!" And they all laughed.

 

"But seriously, I don't get it. Why he hasn't kissed me until now." I lied down on the mat and placed my arm over my eyes.

 

"Don't be too worked up with that Dee, it will come. He will definitely kiss you one day and maybe both of you won't be able to separate for a few minutes." Hyesun responded.

 

"Wow, is that based on your personal experience?" Bommie asked as I felt her lie down beside me.

 

"The first time Dae and I kissed, it was after  my dance practice. He was watching and he was so proud at me. When I greeted him, he suddenly kissed me on my lips. We were both shy that we quickly turned away from each other. We stood back to back, gosh, that was so embarrassing." Minki replied. I began to regret lying down, I wanted to see Minki's face when she said that.

 

"Seriously? The first time Seunghyun and I kissed was in the bus. I was sitting by the window and he suddenly called me." Bommie giggled first before continuing, while I just stay there lying with eyes closed, but I can hear her giggling sound. "Then when I turned around, he kissed me on my lips."

 

"So did you turn away too?" Minki asked.

 

Bommie laughed. "Of course not!" She laughed harder. "Of course I pulled him back and kissed him more. He felt shy after taking the initiative and then he suddenly pulled back, but I will not let that moment pass. So I pulled him." She giggled. "How about you Hyesun?"

 

"Hmmm... It was after the Lotte date we had. He dropped me and just kissed me on the cheeks. Then  I said goodbye, turned around then he called me again. He pulled me by holding my shoulders and kissed me on the lips. It was so warm." Hyesun replied.

 

"Well, first kisses it's really memorable right?" CL added.

 

"Wait, that's it? Just a comment? How about yours?" Minki asked, and I supposed she is asking CL.

 

"Pfft. It's memorable too." CL responded.

 

"Oh come on! Tell us!" Hyesun said.

 

"Okay, it's kind off hahahhaha." CL answered laughingly and I can't help but sit up and looked at her. "Okay. Whoosh." She paused. "We were out in an amusement park and we ate corndogs, then suddenly Taeyang's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter