BLUES 103

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--- HAE ---

 

We went directly to the locker room to change. Hyuk and I were a little bit late because of the banter I caused with Dara. We quickly changed and found our coach standing in front of the other varsity members sitting on the bleachers. They were all my friends, but I am closer to Eunhyuk, Heechul, Siwon and Kyuhyun. Heechul is older than us by one year, he is called 'the soul' in this campus, it's mainly because of his soulful voice, he is the most sought singer here, well male singer, usually he works with Bommie and CL. Siwon is called 'the hunk' because of his looks and height. Kyuhyun, 'the boy next door' is his image, I don't know when or where it started, we just heard students referring to him in that title. Well among us yes, he is the typical the boy next door. Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and I went to the same high school. We just befriended Heechul and Siwon here, when we joined the varsity.

 

I sat down beside Heechul and Eunhyuk sat down beside me. The coach is flipping the papers inside a folder. I am not sure what he is reading but his expression looks serious.

 

"What's happening?" I asked Heechul.

 

"I don't know, he told us to sit down first as he read that thingy." Siwon answered pointing at the folder in our coach's hand. We all looked at our coach and waited for him to talk.

 

"Guys, I was called by the administration." He speaks, his eyes are still on the folder he was holding, and his other hand is scratching the back of his head. "Although we join competitions and all, they are insisting that you guys should do more extra curricular activities than just playing."

 

"Extra-curricular activities?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

"Yes, you are all scholars in this University. Although they are happy with us winning Basketball competitions in Inter-University tournaments, we still have to work extra hard." He looked at us in serious face. I do not like this. This means extra work for us. We are already busy with every preparation for each tournament we are joining and now we have to join clubs too? Arggghhh

 

"Is this only for the Basketball Varsity?" Siwon asked.

 

"No, the Track and Field also received this memo, Volleyball and I think Tennis also."

 

"How about the Swimming team?" Heechul asked, he might also hate those blondies, but not all of them, just like me, I hate blondie no. 1, maybe, he hates Taeyang? Taeyang is also a Mechanical Engineering student, he is referred to as 'the frat boy' for obvious reasons that he belongs to one. The reason? I believe he likes CL, but since Taeyang is already guarding CL, he cannot do anything about it but just hate the poor guy.

 

"Nope, they didn't receive it." Our coach answered Heechul's doubts.

 

"What? They should do something about this too." Kyuhyun exclaimed. All of us are talking and expressing our thoughts on this issue. Amost all are grunting.

 

"Guys, settle down. They don't need the memo as their members already signed up for different clubs since last sem. They don't have too much tournaments like us, so they have free time last sem so they decided to use that free time by joining other clubs as well. So don't think this is unfair as it is clearly not." Our coach cleared. "I have the list here of the clubs, they have the schedule here. Each of you needs to sign up for 2 clubs, one will be the Social welfare club as they have gatherings only in the weekend, and I think you can all join there. You guys choose one personally to fit your schedule. Let me read it for you." He then scanned the list. "For those who have free time on Monday after 4pm, you can join the Photography club since they gather around 4:30pm. Who want to join this club? Raise your hands so I could submit the final list to the club organizers and administration."

 

I checked my schedule on Monday; my last class is 4pm. I like taking pictures, I even took basic and a little bit of advanced photography lesson when I was in high school but since I lacked the time because of basketball, I wasn't able to pursue it. I guess this is no harm anyway; I could still practice what I know and learn more tricks. I raised my hand along the other members who are free on Monday. I saw Siwon raised his hand too. I looked at him and smiled. This is better at least I have somebody to goof around in the club.

 

We were hanging in the locker room after the short practice since our coach was busy regarding this club . I bet he was reprimanded because he didn't push us to try other clubs and just focused in basketball. I saw Hyuk walked in after his shower and went straight to his locker which is in front with mine.

 

"Yah." I sling my towel to his .

 

"What the?! What do you want! That stings!" He answered me.

 

"Why does Dara call you 'Hyuk'?"

 

"Is she not allowed to call me that? As far as I know anyone can call me that." He then wears his shirt and dried up his hair using his towel.

 

"No, I didn't mean it that way. I mean, why Hyuk instead of Eunhyuk, are you even close?"  I turned around and took my uniform and put it inside a plastic bag.

 

"Ahhh, okay. I guess we are friends? We do text each other from time to time."

 

"What?! Since when?! And you do have her number?!" I put the plastic bag inside my backpack and looked at him.

 

"Since freshmen year?"

 

"Sincha?!"

 

"Hmmm duh. Yes, Bommie introduced us before. We hang out that time and got each other's numbers. Actually that time, I was interested in one Chemical Engineering student and I asked her about that girl, that's our common topic. Then we are sending quotes, no not quotes but jokes from time to time.”

 

"And you tell me this now? Do you know that I have to steal Bommie's phone just to get her number?"

 

"Yo bro, you never asked me."

 

"You are like my brother and you know I like her, why you didn't even bother telling me this small detail?"

 

"Because I never thought you are that pathetic. Besides, you can get anyone's number on your own; I know you are that resourceful." He scowled at me.

 

"Aisshhh. I am not pathetic." I faced my locker again and fixed my things.

 

"Yes you are, imagine you did a crime of stealing just to get her phone number? Why didn't you just ask Bommie?" I saw him sit down on the bench. I closed my locker and picked up my bag.

 

"You think I've never asked her? I asked her more than 10 times already but she doesn't want to give it to me, saying Dara will hate her if she does that."

 

"Such a nice friend." He then lied down on the bench.

 

"And you my bro are a terrible friend." I put my backpack on his stomach with force.

 

"Urghhh! Yah!!!!" I laughed at him and grabbed my bag and then ran outside the locker room. "Crazy bastard!!!" I heard him shout before I completely close the door of the room.

 

I looked at my phone and walked to my next class. "Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, today is Wednesday!" I sang it in low voice just keeping me preoccupied while walking. Then I decided to text Dara.

 

[HAE] Hi Ms. Eye Candy.

 

I reached my room but she still didn't reply. I sat down the corridor, as our room is still used by another class. Plus, it's too early.

 

[DARA] JERK, WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

 

[HAE] Nothing.

 

I smiled at my phone, just the thought that she is replying to me makes me happy. I know, I'm such a loser. I waited and waited and waited, but she never replied. I then send her another message.

 

[HAE] What color are you going to wear on Friday?

 

[DARA] SERIOUSLY?!

 

[HAE] Yup.

 

[DARA] WHAT DO YOU CARE?!

 

[HAE] So I can think of better names to call you.

 

[DARA] JERK!

 

[HAE] Only for you.

 

[DARA] SERIOUSLY, YOU NEED TO GET LOST.

 

[HAE] Do you even know how to use lower case letters when texting???

 

[DARA] DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT IF A PERSON SENDS YOU A MESSAGE IN CAPITAL LETTERS IT MEANS THAT PERSON IS ANGRY AT YOU?

 

[HAE] Oh, so that's why. Anyway, take ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter