BLUES 118

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

I looked at my watch, it's already 9:30am. I leaned my back on my car and whistled. The sky is bright tonight, there are too much stars. I now get people who stargaze, it's such a view to just look at the sky. It's calming. It's peaceful. My day started really well, I got to spend some time with Dara. In the middle it's so-so. After Yoona asked me if we could be un-cuffed as she needs to do some errands for a professor, I felt happy for such freedom. Not that it's dreadful to be cuffed with Yoona, but I was really looking forward to spending the day with Dara. Which never happened by the way I have expected it. I end up spending time with Blondie No. 1, staring  at a happy couple afar. We didn't talk that much, just staring at Dara and Soo-Hyuk, we somewhat knew our place.

 

After saying goodbye to each other, instead of sulking, I went to different booths and played games, aiming to win the largest prize. After I won several times I was banned from other booth, I have to plead the ahjussi and ahjumma to let me play just to win all the largest prize there is. I told them it was for the woman I love. They let me play, and I end up having 9 large stuffed toys, then they banned me in the end. I wonder if I could still play tomorrow. I was lucky, it all fit in my car.

 

I look at the rainbow colored unicorn in the passenger's seat. I hope she likes it. As I stand there beside my car, I saw a van passes by. I trailed it with my eyes and saw it stopped just in front of the entrance. There I saw Dara and Soo-Hyuk standing in front of the entrance. Staring at each other with smiles. They are both talking and laughing. It was a happy day for them indeed. They were reunited after all, perhaps they are together again. I clenched my jaw, gritting my teeth. I looked at the unicorn. Such a waste if I threw it, anyway, I am giving it for her for forgiveness not for acceptance. I made up my mind, I'll still give these to her.

 

I saw Soo-Hyuk walked forward towards Dara, his back on me. He crouched down, he kissed Dara in the lips while holding her on her shoulders. I felt a tear roll down my eye. It hurts. Damn ing hurts. I curled my fingers into a fist. It's over. It's really over.

 

I turned around and just looked at Dara's car, I still waited for her. After some time of staring into nothingness, I heard some footsteps. When I looked up, I saw Dara walking towards her car.

 

"Gosh! You scared me." She said, both hands clutching on the strap of her bag.

 

"Sorry, not my intention." I waited for her to reach her car.

 

"You didn't go home? I thought you went home already?" She faced me.

 

"I'm waiting for you." I simply answered.

 

"Me?" She smiled at me kindly. She seemed touched.

 

"Yes, can you unlock the doors?" I pointed on her car, still avoiding her eyes.

 

"Ahmm... okay." She pressed the button and unlocked her car. I went to my car and took the unicorn first, I gave it to her.

 

"My peace offering." I hand it to her as I looked into her eyes intently. Her eyes are sparkling, she looks so happy, I am not sure if it was because of the unicorn or because she patched things up with Soo-Hyuk.

 

"Hae, thanks!" She beamed while she look at the stuffed toy. I opened the door of her car, the one on the back and went to my car again. I moved fast and transferred all the remaining stuffed toys inside her car. I can't stand near her, my knees are wobbling. She has decided and she will turn me down anytime soon.

 

"My peace offerings." I forced a smile.

 

"Wow, there's too much!" She exclaimed.

 

"I told you I'll work hard on it." I said with a straight face, it's hard to pretend everything is okay. "So we're friends now?"

 

She looked at me confused. "Friends?" She asked me. I felt a sharp pain on my chest as if somebody stabbed me.

 

"Yes, you're forgiving me right? For the trouble I gave you this week?" I asked her.

 

"I guess so. Friends huh?" She said her smile vanished. I don't know if there was a hint of disappointment in her tone.

 

"Yes." I offered her my hand to shake. She was hesitant at first but she shook it. I quickly pulled out my hand and put it inside my pocket. "So have a safe way home." I managed to smile at her, I was sincere this time.

 

"Nae, you too." She simply said.

 

I walked to my car and started the engine. She tapped on the window, I rolled it down.

 

"Nae?"

 

"I-is everything alright Hae? Is something bothering you?" She asked me in a low voice.

 

I am hurt Dara, you didn't even let me prove to you how much I care, you just chose him over me in an instant. "Yes, I hope you are really happy." I shot her a smile. "I'm going now, please take care on the road." She stepped backwards and I pull out of the parking lot. Heartbreak. Damn, it hurts.

 

As I drive home I remember my first love. Jessica is from another high school, but we've known each other from a friend. She was an aspiring ballerina. I loved her and have a lot of happy times with her. Her family is in USA, in the end she needs to go live there with her family. She didn't even finish high school here. She gave me my first heartache, but it didn't hurt this much. She was left with no other choice but to follow her family there. What can a high schooler do? But to follow your parents. She was still young, still depending on her parents, even if she wanted to stay here, how can she? In the end we broke it off, but it was not because we grew to hate each other, but we were left with no choice but to break up. We never knew if she'll still be able to come back here, so we just decided to part ways. I really believed it is better than hanging on to something uncertain. I got over her, but that was when I entered college.

 

Thinking about it, it really would have hurt more if we continue the relationship and end up falling out of love because of the distance. Comparing it with the case with Dara, I shouldn't be hurt more since we have not started yet, she didn't even let me date her, it shouldn't hurt. But there is a problem here and a big difference. I have fallen in love with her even though we have not started anything.

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

I looked at the road in front of me. I was gripping the steering wheel for about 10 minutes now. I was dumbfounded. That's it?  I hope you are really happy? What does he mean by that statement? He is wishing me to be happy because he is together with Yoona now?  I looked at the mirror and saw the stuffed toys inside my car. That's it? After telling Hyuk-Soo that he intends to be more, he didn't press on the subject? He didn't ask me for my answer?

 

I stared at the unicorn on the passenger seat. He is sweet though. I bit my lip. I was surprised to see him waiting for me earlier, my heart beats fast as I walk towards him. I was happy he waited for me. I thought he will end the day without seeing me, when I saw him waiting for me, I felt relieved. When he left us earlier with Yoona, I was thinking he stopped liking me. But when he said his piece earlier about being friends and forgiveness, I think his feelings for Yoona came back. Here I am. Broken hearted. I thought he will bug me for my answer? I thought he is waiting for a positive answer? But in the end he didn't even ask for my answer. He didn't want to hear it?

 

My day was fine, I cleared my thoughts. Hyuk-Soo helped me realize my feelings for Hae. I do like him. And now after this realization, he turned his back on me. What a shame. I started the engine and decided to start driving. It's past 10, I need to go home.

 

Earlier, even though I have hang out with Soo-Hyuk the whole day, played a lot with him, and even stopped at the library to do some research. I didn't feel tired at all. If not, I even felt enlightened. But now that enlightening wore off.  I hate you jerk, I wish I haven't known you.

 

 

--- HAE ---

 

"GO BOMMIE!!!!" I shouted. Bommie is performing a song on the stage. She looked for me and when she sees me among the crowd, she waved.

 

"BOMMIE! BOMMIE! BOMMIE!" Somebody shouted and I looked at where it came from, it was Dara, Hyesun and Minzy. They were cheering Bommie.

 

"These are for my friends." She said while pointing to me then to where Dara is.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l_PWRKT01M

 

Here am I am, feels like the walls are closing in
Once again, it's time to face it and be strong
I wanna do the right thing now
I know it's up to me somehow
I've lost my way

If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've go to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late
Maybe it's not too late

So I'll take a stand even though it's complicated
If I can I wanna change the way I made it
I gotta do the right thing now
I know it's up to me somehow
I'll find my way
 

 

I stared at Dara, somehow she realized there was somebody staring at her. She looked around and her gaze fell into me. We looked at each other for a while, she peeled her eyes from me in abrupt manner while raising her brow. She frowned, looked down. She then looked at Bommie then smiled.

 


If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've go to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

I'm gonna find the strength to be the
One that holds it all together
Show you that I'm sorry but I
Know that we can make it better

If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've got to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

I never meant to let you all down
And now I've got to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter