BLUES 134

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

It's Tuesday. I can't help but feel excited for the seminar that I'm going to attend to. I looked at the sky and it's already dark. I am sitting inside my car, although the exam is already finished, we stick to what we have agreed before, we are going to bring our own cars. He doesn't know when he'll finish his practice. And looking at how dark my surroundings are, Hae obviously stayed longer than what I have expected. But it's okay. I wanted to see him before this day ends. He doesn't even know that I am waiting for him. I looked at the gate and there's still no sign of anybody from the basketball varsity.

 

I leaned on my backrest and put out my hand out the window as I feel the cold breeze coming from my window. "Hae, Hae, where are you? When are you coming out? Dara here is waiting for you, Hae Hae where are you?" I sang in a row, row, row your boat tune when somebody tapped my exposed arm. I sat up and saw Jae-joong smiling at me. Ugh, that perfect smile.

 

"Why are you still here?" He asked me as he put arms on the window, trying to lean closer.

 

"Just waiting." I smiled at him.

 

"For? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Or friend?" He asked me again.

 

"Boyfriend. Why are you still here?" I guess it's appropriate to pry a bit since he is prying over my life too anyway. Besides, it makes sense to act interested. "Late last class?"

 

"Ani. I was just watching over somebody." He sighed and I felt the warm air that he just let out.

 

"Hmmm, you seem frustrated." I stated.

 

He smiled at me and leaned his face against his arm. "Yeah. It's that obvious huh?"

 

"Yeah." I hesitated at first but since he came over to talk to me maybe he needed somebody to listen to him? "What's the matter?"

 

"I wanted to go home early today to rest, but I got caught up." He answered me, it's vague but I'm guessing I know what he is talking about.

 

"Got caught up watching over somebody?" I cleared his point.

 

"Yeah. And I totally forgot that I wanted to go home early."

 

I chuckled a bit. "And you're frustrated because of that petty reason?"

 

"Not really." He straightened his head up and stared into my eyes. "I was frustrated because the person I was watching over was so oblivious to the fact that I was watching over her."

 

I bit my lower lip, I can't believe he is getting frustrated over something that he can do something about. And what's this? He is opening up to me? "Then go and talk to her and tell her that you are watching over her. Then you will no longer be frustrated."

 

"That easy huh?" He asked me and I just nodded. "What if she doesn't want to be watched over? Because she is watching over somebody else?"

 

I pressed my lip and sighed. "Oh, I didn't know there is a complication. Let's see, what's more important for you? Your happiness or her happiness?"

 

He sighed. "Her happiness."

 

"Then I guess you just have to let her be." I answered him and he smiled.

 

"Let her watch over that somebody else?" He asked me and I nodded. "Oh well, I guess you are right. I better go home then. See you around Dara." He turned around and waved his hand.

 

He is somewhat weird. I looked around and saw some female students waiting. Perhaps one of them?

 

Just in time basketball varsity members were going out of the gate and I saw Jae-joong walked towards somebody and placed his arm around his shoulder. Errr, a guy?! He was talking about a guy?! I bit my lip to suppress myself from laughing. It's not nice to laugh while being alone and especially here.

 

I shrugged the thought. It's his life. Don't judge. When I saw Hae and he was near my car, I honked and he immediately looked at me. He walked towards my car with a smile on his face. I placed my arms on the open window and poked my head a bit outward.

 

"Hi there pretty. You wanna ask for my hourly rate?" He joked with me and I just smiled at him. "I won't come cheap if you know what I mean."

 

"Not that cheap huh?" I played with his joke. He shook his head. "Tell me your price and let's see if I can afford it."

 

"I don't think you can afford it. Besides I only take VIP customers." He grinned at me.

 

"What makes you think I am not a VIP?" I raised my brow on him.

 

He took a couple of steps backwards and looked at my car. "Maybe you are a VIP, how much is your budget?" He walked towards me again.

 

I wiggled my index finger while pointing at him, ushering him to move closer. "Budget? I don't do budgets. But I pay down payments." I pulled his shirt causing him to move forward and I pecked on his cheek. "Now? Can I afford you?" 

 

He pulled away from me and smiled brightly. "Take all of me pretty." He answered and we just laughed. "What are you doing here kiddo? I thought you went home already?"

 

I opened my door and he stepped backwards, he held the door for me as I went down my car. "I didn't get enough of you. Plus we haven't talked about me getting the slot!" I answered him excitedly.

 

"Congrats kiddo, I knew you could do it." He walked towards me, embraced me and kissed the top of my head.

 

"Hey there lovers." We heard somebody say and we both looked where the voice came from but I was still locked in Hae's arms.

 

"Hi Hyuk." I greeted him.

 

"What's up? It's so late now Dee, why are you still here?" He walked towards us, he put his bag on top of the front of my car.

 

"Why? I am not allowed to be here?" I answered him while pouting.

 

"Ani! It's just it's so dark now. I didn't expect you'll be here. Anyway, by the looks of it, you missed that jerk huh?" He smirked while looking at Hae.

 

"All the time." I answered him as I snuggled my way to Hae.

 

"Arasso. Hae, I'll wait in your car." He winked at me as Hae threw his keys to Hyuk and he managed to catch it without sweat. "Bye lovers. Good night Dee."

 

"You're going to drop Hyuk?" I turned to him.

 

"Yeah." He answered me as I leaned my head against his chest and began sniffing. He pulled out from my embrace and held me arms length away from me. He looked shy. "I wasn't able to take a shower after practice so I might smell sweaty." He answered me.

 

I removed his hands from gripping my upper arm and made my way towards him as I embraced him tightly. "I don't care, you might smell like sweat, but it doesn't matter. You always smell like heaven for me." And then I felt his heart beats faster.

 

--- HAE ---

 

"Can't it be more hectic than this? Just last night we were practicing late and now Coach Yoo demands us to be here at exactly 6:30am?! Is this a boot camp?!" Hyuk uttered while his eyes are still closed.

 

This morning Coach Yoo called me at 4:30am to inform me that we all should be in the court at exactly 6:30am. As the captain ball, he assigned me to call some of the members which is just so hard to do since we had a late night and now he demands us to be early in the school. Most of them were annoyed when I called them. I looked around me and almost all of them are still in a sleepy, grumpy mood. I looked at Kyuhyun who is staring at me badly.

 

"Yah! Coach woke me up at exactly 4:30am while I woke you up at 5:05am! Don't you dare look at me like that!" I exclaimed. "You have slept more than me!"

 

"That's why Kyuhyun is staring at you like that, you know him, he needs at least 15 minutes to warm up before really waking up. He is angry at you because you didn't call him first." Heechul explained.

 

"How the hell did you know his sleeping habits?" I looked at Heechul.

 

"He had  a lot of sleepovers in my house before, when his mother locks their house and denied him passage whenever he ignores his curfew hours." He chuckled.

 

"Look I'm sorry, but I'm a victim here too." I explained.

 

"I know that man. But what the heck is Coach Yoo planning?!" Siwon grunted.

 

"Good morning guys!" Coach Yoo smilingly greeted us and we all just looked at him with sleepy eyes. I doubt if anybody flashed their smile on him but this didn't bother him. "I just want to inform you that tonight, we are going to Incheon. You don't need to attend any of your classes today, we are going to practice this morning until early afternoon then off we go to Incheon!" He exclaimed.

 

"Incheon?" We all asked.

 

"Yes, there's an exhibition tournament that will be held on Friday to Sunday. We were invited so we have to participate." He answered.

 

"But it's just Wednesday. Why do we have to leave tonight? When the tournament is on Friday?" I've asked him, today I was looking forward on seeing Dara, but since our Coach has a plan to keep us here in the court for the whole day, I don't think I will be able to see her.

 

"We need to warm up. We need to check the court. We need to win. We need a day more to practice, it's better to be prepared." He answered me wisely.

 

"But it's just an exhibition game!" Heechul grunted.

 

"Yes, but a lot of Universities are participating." He smiled. "Do you know why?"

 

Nobody answered, we are still in foul mood because of lack of sleep. "Three letters." He continued.

 

"Three letters?" Siwon almost jumped out of his seat. "KBL?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter