BLUE 119

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BLUES 119

 

--- DARA ---

 

Sunday is finishing. And I've finished everything except my circuits project which is now lying in front of me on my study table. Damn, so hard to make a diagram. I looked at my list and smiled to myself. I'm so proud of myself.

 

Modern Chromatographic Analysis - 0% - 100% complete

Green Chemistry: Principles and Techniques - 100% complete

Advanced Organic Chemistry - 0% - 75% complete (Needs printing and compilation) - 100% complete

Chemical Engineering Kinetics - 50% complete - 100% complete

Dynamic Simulation Workshop - 0% - 25% complete (need more research) - 100% complete

Circuits 101 - ???? - 0% DIAGRAM! @#$*%#+!!! - 5% complete

Chemical Engineering Process Development - - 0% - 100% complete

Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics - 0% (find J.M. Smith Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 7th Edition in the Library) - 100% complete

Tomorrow is Monday. I would be passing most of my projects. *Sigh*

 

"Why can't this wire stick?!" I threw the wire frustrated. It's just a bloody clap-switch diagram. They even have this in easy in Youtube, why can't I make it properly? I have all the necessary materials, yet, I can't bloody make it properly. I wish Soo-Hyuk is here to help me make it. Come on Dara, Hyuk-Soo has another life! Or I should call Hae. "What?! Hae?! Why that jerk?!"

 

I stood up and walked towards my bed. "I shouldn't think about that jerk. I hate him!" I pulled one of my pillows and I slumped my face on top of it. "I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!" I shouted on the pillow. When I have calmed down, I lied on my back and breathed in and out, calming myself more. Did he finish his? I wish I could ask for help. But I don't have anyone. Currently don't have anyone. My friends are all busy finishing their own projects. I've asked my baby brother, but poor kid he was also preoccupied with his studies. Gaaahhh!!!!

 

Why do I have to think about the jerk? He obviously woke up from his infatuation over me. He has moved on. He didn't even talk to me yesterday. I saw him saw me sitting on one of the chairs in the library but he didn't approach me. Yes, I threw a fit during Bommie and CL's performance, I looked at him vilely, but was that a reason for him to ignore me? Well, anything other than he is dating Yoona, I don't think there is another reason. He is dating Yoona.

 

*Sigh*

 

That's how fast men move on? Like in a blink of the eye? He never asked me for my answer except for that one time. Didn't he get curious on what I would answer him? I would like to give him an answer. Yes, I would like to date you. Know you more, get closer to you. I rolled my eyes on my stupidity. Yuck. Wake up Dara!!!

 

I looked at the diagram on my table and sighed. I stood up and sat on the chair in front of my table. It's just a diagram Dara, just take some wire, stick it up on the board connect it with the bulb, then with the battery, you clap, and it turns on, you clap again and it turns off. How simple is that? I breathe in and out and started working on it again.

 

--- HAE ---

 

There are days when I just don't want to come to school. And this day is one of them. No, it's not because I feel lazy. It's not because I am sick. It's not because I am tired. It's not because I failed to do some homework or project. It's not because I hate a subject or a Professor. It's because I felt cowardly. Today is Monday, I have Circuits 101. I would see Dara. And I haven't made a move yet. I didn't even get in touch with her. I just felt cowardly, like all courage was drained.

 

I have been struggling since Saturday, itching to send her a message, but I can't find the audacity to do so. I am a playboy in her eyes, a jerk. It's because of these jerks in front of me.

 

"Hyung, why are you glaring at us?" One of the young varsity members asked me.

 

"It's because of you idiots, that my life is complicated now." I simply answered. These are the guys who set me up with Yoona.

 

"Omo, why?" The other answered.

 

"If you didn't cuffed me with Yoona, I won't be in this dilemma." I scowled at them.

 

"What's so bad being cuffed with the muse? A lot of guys are jealous of you Hyung." He was smiling from ear to ear obviously so happy with what they made me do last time.

 

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want them to be jealous."

 

"Don't you like the muse Hyung?" He asked me, with confused look. I looked at him with a confused look as well. "She's so beautiful hyung." He answered me, as if it answers my question.

 

"Yes, but beauty isn't everything." I answered them.

 

"So, it is really true hyung? You don't really like the muse?" His tone is in disbelieve. It's true anyway that men's preference in woman starts with appearance, but it gets deeper when that woman is more beautiful inside.

 

"Yes." I answered truthfully.

 

"So the other buzz is true, you like the eye candy instead!" The other exclaimed. "But hyung, the buzz that you and Yoona are seeing each other is everywhere."

 

I walked towards them and lightly punch both of them with my fists on the stomach. "You fools are the reason for that buzz!"

 

"Ugh! Hyung, we didn't know!" Both of them stepped backwards, avoiding me in case I attack them again. But I just sat down on the nearest chair.

 

"Aishh sincha! I'm losing my mind. Everybody's talking about my romance with her when I didn't even dream of it." I raked my hair, they both looked at me with pleading eyes.

 

"Which Romance?" Heechul arrived and walked towards us. "The jock and the muse romance? The match made in heaven romance?" He teased me, I glared at him as he was chuckling loudly.

 

"Yah! Hyung, it's not even funny." I shook my head.

 

"But it is. You are getting ruined by these gossips, Mr. Prince charming." He took a seat beside me and the other also took their seats. "Did you talk to Dara already? She looked so pissed at you last time we've spoken."

 

"You spoke to her? When?" I asked Heechul.

 

He crossed his legs and removed some lint from his pants. "Last Saturday, after my performance. I asked her if she has seen you."

 

"What did she say?" I leaned forward.

 

He looked at me as if I knew it.  "What else?"

 

"What? Tell me, palli palli!" I asked him again.

 

"You want her exact words?" He asked me.

 

I bit my lower lip. I was praying in my head for a subtle attack with her words. "Nae."

 

 "'That jerk? I don't know. Why are you asking me? Ask Yoona.' that's her words. Man, when she told 'that jerk' her eyes were burning with rage." He laughed.

 

"I'm screwed." I slumped back on my seat.

 

"Yes you are my friend." He patted my shoulders.

 

--- DARA ---

 

Call me nuts, but I really planned on skipping classes today. It's so unlike me. But I don't like nor want to see the jerk's face. His happy dating face. It's ironic, that after hearing some gossips of him dating Yoona, I then realized that I like Hae, not just being attracted to him, but I like him. And it's too late.

 

I walked slowly towards my circuits 101 classroom. When I reached the classroom, I didn't see Hae. I walked towards my seat and sat quietly. I was early and there are only few people inside. I opened my bag and took the folder and began reading the paper I have finished yesterday.

 

I stopped reading and just continued to stare on my project as a group of girls entered the room while talking in whispers. "Did you hear? The jock is really dating the muse!" "Ani, I heard from my friend who is a Mechanical Engineering student that she heard the jock and other varsity talking earlier, they aren't dating." "Sincha? But they look cute together!" "True, but my friend heard it clearly, they aren't dating, plus he likes somebody else!" "Daebak! I don't like the muse too much, she seems like a snob! Who by the way?" "She didn't hear it clearly, she just told me she heard they were talking about the eye candy too. So maybe it's Dara?" "Shhhhhhh!!!" "Aigoo!"

 

I didn't move an inch, I continued pretending to read my report and didn't look at them. I was relieved they bought it and continued to talk. "Anyway, I saw them cuffed last Saturday, maybe your friend is wrong. They look super comfortable." "And happy if I may add, they seem to have a great time." "I wasn't able to see them, but really? I personally think both of them look good together." "With the muse?" "Ani, with her." "Oh, yes, I think they suit each other really well. But you know the jock seems to like the muse more." "Ooops, shhh, he's coming."

 

As I heard them scramming from their place to different seats, I heard Eunhyuk talking.

 

"There's no practice today and for the whole week! Coach Yoo is on vacation! Assa! Where should we go that time?" Eunhyuk's voice filled the room.

 

"Nowhere but just the campus or near the campus. I still have classes after that. And a club to attend to, later." Hae answered with a sad voice, I wanted to look at him if his face is gloomy, but I can't find the courage. Then I realized something. Urgghh, yes, I have to see him today also in Photography club, maybe I should ditch that one.

 

"Oh hi Dee!" Eunhyuk suddenly appeared in front of me and I was surprised I almost threw my project on his face. "Oh, so jumpy!" I was expecting him to give me the folder but his arms didn't move at all. Then I saw a movement from my right side and saw the folder. I looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter