BLUES 114

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
First of all, THANK YOU for the Upvotes! And I didn't abandon this story. Thank you for the wonderful comments. 

--- DARA ---

 

 

I stared on the ceiling while I rest my head on the head rest of my chair. Then I looked at the clock 01:43am, it's already Tuesday and I have been burying my nose in my projects the moment I finished eating my dinner. I checked my to do list. Just like what we have been talking about, the professors are taking advantage of the fact that they will not meet us for 3 days. After my Monday classes I've got 5 major papers to work on. It's all one third of our grades, can you believe that? It's not simple papers to start with. It's like thesis like papers. And they are all due on tada! Monday next week!!!

 

"Argghh!!!!" I ruffled my hair. I have been sitting here for more than five hours already and I have finished one and a half paper. Out of six subjects, only one professor didn't give us a project. And it's kaboom! Circuits 101, but to my dismay, I was told by one of our classmates that for sure he will give it to us on Wednesday, since we are still meeting before the school festivals begin. I stared on my list and put on my notes regarding the status.

 

Modern Chromatographic Analysis - 0%

Green Chemistry: Principles and Techniques - 100% complete

Advanced Organic Chemistry - 0%

Chemical Engineering Kinetics - 50% complete

Dynamic Simulation Workshop - 0%

Circuits 101 - ????

 

"Crap!" I still have other subjects tomorrow! I still have five subjects tomorrow! To make it worst, I have been suffering from being the grumpiest person in the whole world since yesterday. And to add to the list of worst things that could happen, I made an enemy again. I sighed as I recalled the events that happened.

 

--- FLASHBACK ---

 

After my 2 subjects, I was still fine after knowing that I have 2 major papers to work on, you know, sometimes you are lucky, sometimes it's the other way around. I guess we all got unlucky on those 2 subjects so I just shrugged it off. I just have to deal with it, what can a student do right? It's just to accept projects, homework and sorts right? Who can we blame? We need to learn and we learn from the hard way, and that way is through making lots and lots of projects and papers which are all due on the same day. I walked towards my classroom and saw Hae standing on a chair that he pulled towards the door of the room. He smiled at me, and I smiled back at him.

 

After his confession, I began to feel comfortable around him. Yes, I know, it's just been a day or worst, just hours, but I am attracted to him that smiling at him now became easy. He doesn't need to do anything, just look at me and smile at me, he will earn a smile from me as well.

 

To be honest, I haven't thought about his confession and I still do not have an answer for him. Although I have admitted that I am attracted to him, I still can't settle my mind into anything, whether I want to move forward or not. Or just stay as a friend or date him. Or be with him and get to know him well and let him get to know me as well. I haven't decided yet. But for Ji, I have already decided that I have to clear things with him that I can't date him as my heart is being slowly moved by someone else, or rather I am not ready for anything yet. I haven't dissected my heart yet, I may or not entertain Hae, nothing is for sure.

 

"Hi frenemy." He approached me.

 

"Hello." I said to him.

 

"Woah, frenemy? Is this some kind of a cease fire?" Hyuk asked us, his eyes moving from Hae to me.

 

"Maybe?" I answered him. Hae's smile grew wider, totally ignoring Hyuk's teasing.

 

"How was your day so far?" He then asked me.

 

"Well, I've got to work on two major papers for my past two subjects, I am afraid for the rest of my subjects. How about you guys?" I looked at Hyuk and Hae.

 

"I have three projects or papers now." Hyuk replied with a frown, I counted the hours in my mind, he must have started his classes today at 8am.

 

"That ." I answered.

 

"Totally. I've got 1 paper, 1 project to do." Hae answered.

 

"Can you believe it? It's like the professors are telling us not to have some fun during the school festival and just work our off instead." Hyuk replied, then Hae nudged his stomach with his elbow.

 

"Words please." Hae said reprimanding him.

 

"Huh?!" Hyuk asked in confusion. "What do you mean?" He looked at Hae and his eyes widened. "What? A-word? Sincha? I don't think I'd upset Dee with it. Are you upset Dee?"  He looked at me.

 

"Ani." I shook my head and laughed. "I'm used to it, why are you being such a gentleman all of a sudden jerk?" I teased Hae.

 

"Aigoo. Nothing. So how many subjects do you still have after this?"

 

"Hmm three, I still got three." I answered him.

 

"Are you good in making diagrams?" Hyuk asked me.

 

"What do you mean diagrams?" I asked him back.

 

"You know those diagrams in a cardboard box with circuits, wires, switch and bulbs and things like that?" He replied.

 

"I hate those things." I said in all honesty. We had a simple project before in our high school and I have asked Soo-hyuk to finished it for me. I just don't have the patience for those kind of projects. I'm a total disaster when it comes to that, I prefer defense papers, research papers, reaction papers and the like.

 

"Aww then you better prepare yourself, because if we are going to get a project in this subject, it would probably be diagram." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

"Oh well, I guess you are right. What possible project can he give us right, it will be like odd to have a paper written instead of a diagram." I sighed.

 

"Oh, he's here, let's go inside." Hae ushered me while touching my back, it gave me shivers though I am completely covered with a sweater too! This is his effect on me now. Gosh. What more if he asks me for a date?

 

When we entered the classroom all eyes were on me and Hae as we didn't bicker or fought, instead we have smiles on our faces. We ignored the murmurs and just went to our respective seats. The class cheered after since our professor didn't give us any project or paper to do after we were dismissed. But one classmate nudged me and told me that we can't be so sure since there's still Wednesday which I believe is true.

 

I walked out of the room. "Going for lunch with Bommie and Hyesun?" Hae gently yanked my bag. I turned to him.

 

"Yep." I simply answered.

 

"Aren't you going to give me an answer?" He asked me while smiling. I bit my lip while smiling.

"Omo, you haven't decided yet?"

 

"Nae. Sorry." I smiled apologetically to him. I really wanted to sort my feelings but I seem to have no time. Especially now that we have too much things to do this week.

 

"It's okay, just for the record, I'll be bugging you until you give me an answer." He smiled back at me.

 

"What answer?" Hyuk suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

"Nothing." Hae put his arm around his shoulder and started to walk away from me, but before he goes further, he then turned again, bringing Hyuk into an abrupt turn causing Hyuk to almost fall down, I laughed at them.

 

"I'm waiting for a positive answer. If you'll give me a negative one without an acceptable reason, I'll continue to bug you until I have a positive answer, just so you know."

 

He winked at me and turned again walking a little bit forward, then he turned around again in speed causing Hyuk to really fall down on the ground.

 

"And don't eat ramen." He smiled back at me. "Yah, stop messing around, we still have practice, stand up!" Hae shouted at Hyuk, who glared at him and went after him, running, but Hae was fast he ran towards the court. I laughed at their silliness. Looks like a bunch of elementary students!

 

I went to the restaurant just outside our campus and looked for Hyesun and Bommie. But they were still not there when I reached the restaurant. I chose a table near the door and scanned the menu.

 

"Wow you are early!" Hyesun said.  "Did you order? I'm so starving."

 

"Not yet, I just arrived. What do you want to eat?" She took the menu from my hand and I just smiled at her. She really looks hungry.

 

"I'll take the lasagna." She pointed at the picture.

 

"Arasso, I'll take the same. Let's order Bommie burger steak with corn." I said while I called the waiter.

 

"Yup, anything with corn will be fine." She smiled. The waiter came to our table and took our orders.

 

"Gah!!! This day is so frustrating!" We both looked up to see the man magnet totally pissed off.

 

"What's the matter Bommie?" Hyesun asked, while pulling the chair for Bommie to sit.

 

"I've got 1 paper to submit on Monday plus a diagram to make! But I need to prepare for the school festival too! CL and I will be performing a couple or three songs. Gosh, now I'm totally drained." She sat down and sprawled her upper body on the table.  

 

"Don't worry Bommie, I have 3. So consider yourself lucky." Hyesun answered. I looked at her.

 

"Three already?"

 

"Yup." She answered while smiling.

 

"And you can still smile?" I asked her in confusion.

 

"Oh well, what can I do, I don't want to ruin my day just like this crazy woman hugging the table." She pointed at Bommie.

 

"Yah, I am not crazy! I didn't think it will be this worst. I still have 4 subjects after this, so good luck to me." Bommie replied.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter