BLUES 116

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

"Mr. Lee? Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Soo-Hyuk, Darong's friend. You are her friend too right?" Soo-hyuk extended his hand to me with a smile on his face, I took it and shook it. As much as I wanted to punch the life out of this man for hugging and kissing the girl I love in front of me, I restrained myself. A lot of thoughts have entered my mind. Bad thoughts. Evil thoughts.

 

"I'm Lee Dong Hae and yes, I am her friend, but.." I stopped and looked at the flustered girl beside me. "I'm trying to be more than that." Her eyes widened, her face became more red, crimson red. I looked back at the man who is still holding my hand and shot him a sincere smile. "I hope you don't have a problem with that." And I released his hand. He looked at me approvingly but he straightened his body before answering me. Damn he is tall.

 

"I don't if Darong here doesn't have a problem with that." He stared at me with his piercing eyes. His height is intimidating as hell.

 

"Ahm, Soo-hyuk, we have to go now. The program is starting." Manager Cha said, stopping the tension between us. My neck is hurting as I am trying to be on the same eye level with him which I believe is impossible.

 

"Omo, okay. So please, take good pictures of me." He smiled back at me. Then he face Dara and held her hand. He looked at his Manager and talked to him. "I think I'll be staying here and enjoy the festival, I don't have any prior commitments right?"

 

"Ani, but I thought you wanted to rest and enjoy the rest of the day without doing any work? You just came back from Milan." His Manager replied.

 

"Yes, and I found the way to enjoy it." He answered while looking at Dara. "You'll stay near right? After this can we hang out?" He asked her.

 

"S-sure." She answered while smiling back. I curled my fingers into a fist. And here I am thinking since last night that she will spend the rest of the day with me.

 

I saw Soo-hyuk squeezed her hand before walking away, smirking at me. I stared at his retreating back and gritted my teeth.

 

"Come guys, we need to capture everything." Professor Wu said pulling me away from my anger.

 

"Hae? Let's go?" Dara patted my arm and smiled kindly at me. Her cheeks still has faint pink color. I was going to hold her hand a bit but she moved her hand quickly. She left me hanging, walking away from me, I was feeling miserable like I'm losing my life. I'm losing Dara and I haven't even have her completely in my life. I looked at the camera in my hand when I heard someone call me.

 

"Hae? Jerk? What are you doing there? They are starting now." She looked intently at me. "Palli, palli!"

 

I forced my feet to walk, leaving heavy footsteps as I walk towards her. When I reached her, she turned to me. "I'll take that other side. You take this side. We can meet in the center to get good angles." I nodded at her, she looks very jolly. She didn't wait for my answer and just walk towards the area that she wanted to capture. It's really odd, last week she was very angry at me since I volunteered her for this work and now she cannot be more than happier. Where is the girl who almost cursed me? Where is the girl who almost killed me with her piercing eyes. Where is the girl who ignored me for volunteering her for more work? There she is, happily doing the thing she doesn't want to do last time, forgetting all her projects and papers. With a smile that never leaves her beautiful lips.

 

I gritted my teeth. I hate myself last time for giving her more work, but now I hated myself more for making her closer to Soo-hyuk. I hesitated for a while as I look at the handsome man readying himself to go up the stage. I envy him and I loathe him, but here I am stuck in a position I cannot run from. I have the obligation to take his photos. The man I am sure has taken the spot of Blondie No. 1 in my list of people I hate the most. I looked at Dara, she was looking at the stage, camera ready, she glanced at me and shot me a confused look. She pointed on the stage. I looked at it, Soo-hyuk is already climbing the stairs. She looked on the stage and started taking photos.

 

I breathe in deeply and focused my camera to the tall bamboo on stage and took photos. Tall bamboo, you should go out of this campus soon and get out of Dara's life. I angrily take his photographs and even went to different position to capture his magnificent glory. Damn, no wonder he is a model. He is really a handsome tall bamboo model. I flicked my tongue and went in the middle to get more photographs. I was relieved that after he was introduced and after a few words, he sat down on the chair upstage. I took more photos then I went to the corner and checked it. After that I took some more photos of the audiences. There I was able to take pictures of Dara, standing in front of the other students. She was still holding the camera which strap is on her neck, she was smiling very brightly at something on stage. Someone on stage. I looked at Soo-hyuk and saw him eyeing Dara as well, with his beautiful smile. I looked around. Wait for it tall bamboo, I'll get a chainsaw and cut your stems! I'll get all your bamboo shoots and feed it to the horses! Arggghhh!!!

 

"Did you hear? Ms. Eye candy is the ex of LSH!" "Really?" "Omo, the height!" "They suit each other." "Oh, first love! They are each other's first love!" "She is blooming by the way." "Omo! They are staring at each other." "I feel that they are going to be together." "What about the swimming master?" "But I heard the jock already asked her out, aren't they going our now?" "What do you mean? Of course he will be friendzoned." "Tch. Shh." "Shut up." "What? I said the jock." "Shhhh!!!!"

 

I was staring at the group of freshmen on my right as they are gossiping.

 

"Sorry." They all bowed to me and apologized.

 

I acknowledged their apology and they all scampered very fast and disappeared among the audience. Friendzoned? I looked at the stage and continued my task. They are no longer staring at each other, Dara was taking photographs again, Soo-hyuk is discussing something with a Faculty member. Think Hae, you've gotta stop that tall bamboo from snatching the eye candy.

 

"Hae." I heard someone call me and put his arm around my shoulder. I looked at the person and see our coach. "Are you done here?"

 

"I think so coach." I looked and saw that most of the people on stage are all standing now even the tall bamboo.

 

"Let's go to our booth. I just want to check it with you." He tugged me by my shoulders towards the booth. I glanced where I saw Dara at first but she isn't there anymore, before missing an opportunity to look over the stage, I quickly crooked my neck and saw Soo-hyuk still there standing. I exhaled, at least they aren't together.

 

"Woah!" I uttered once we reached the booth that the varsity members fixed. We are not in charge of being there, we just assigned some new members and cheerleaders. "I didn't know this kind of booth still exists. We are in college now right?" I asked our coach. In front of us is a small booth with 'Jail Booth' on the top. It was situated at the front of a classroom, which I believe is the Jail.

 

"Your childish teammates came out with this idea. It's not me, since they all decided, I have no say on it. As long as they will be the one to set it up and manage it." He chuckled.

 

I went to the booth and the people in charge greeted me. "Wow, they even have cuffs. So high school." I uttered.

 

"Yes oppa, we even have these kind of cuffs." Billierose20 raised a different kind of cuffs and it was cuffs with a long chain.

 

"What is it for?" I asked her. The girl beside her answered.

 

"It's when the guard is a male and the prisoner is a female or vice versa, so they can still be together even the other needs to the toilet or something." Ilovedvet explained while giggling.

 

"But I thought you have to be imprisoned?" I asked them confused. Well during high school, it was like that people can request for the person they want to be imprisoned for a price.

 

"Nae, but some people can request to be cuffed with someone they like. It's a modern Jail booth." Kimemerut answered. The girls giggled.

 

"Hyung, you want to be handcuffed with the eye candy?" I glanced at the guy who has spoken, he is a freshman and he just joined the varsity.

 

I shook my head. I think it so childish to do these kind of things. "Ani. She might hate me for that. This is so silly." I smiled at them.

 

"It's cool hyung!" The other one uttered, I chuckled with them.

 

"This doesn't work for faculty members right?" Our coach asked.

 

"It works for everyone who paid coach!"

 

"But I am exempted right?" Our coach asked again. We all looked at him wondering. "Well, I know a lot of students have crush on me, don't let them okay?!" We all laughed at his statement, but it's true, Mr. Gong Yoo is one of the hottest member of the Faculty. A lot of students love watching our games, crushing on the members but part of that are students crushing on our coach himself.

 

I laughed and touched my stomach, it then touched the camera hanging by the strap on my neck, it hangs just in front of my chest. "Coach, I need to return this and make sure the photos turn out well." I held the camera on my hand and raised it.

 

"Arasso. Come back here when you can." He patted my back and I walked towards Prof. Wu's office.

 

 

--- DARA ---

 

"Omo, is it really true? They have a past?" "Gosh, the eye candy looks cute together with LSH!" "Are they going to date again?" "How about the jock or the swimming master?" "Lucky eye candy!" "How cute, he is even waiting for her!"

 

I stopped walking, I barely got out of the door. I rolled my eyes on the gossipers and looked at Soo-hyuk. "Maybe you shouldn't have waited for me here."

 

"Where should I wait for you then?"

 

"Hmmm... never mind." I simply answered.

 

"You're done?" Soo-hyuk asked me once I stepped out of Professor Wu's office. I nodded. "Did my pictures came out well?" Once again I nodded. "Yah, did you lose your tongue?" He teased me.

 

"Ani. Yes, I'm done. Yes, your pictures came out well. Yes, you look handsome as ever." I answered all his question and added one more answer that he might ask me.  

 

"Wow, I didn't know I look that much handsome in your eyes." He teased me, bumping his arm on my arm as we walk in the corridor. I was caught off guard when he suddenly wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "So, how's 'the eye candy'?" He asked me, I looked up and saw him staring down at me.

 

"H-how--" I wasn't able to ask him as he answered me.

 

"Gossips. There are a lot of gossips going here and there. If I have the time, I think I will be able to catch up with all the things happening this year. About the swimming master, the jock, the man magnet, the campus favorite, etc, etc..." He laughed then he looked at me, maybe he realized he didn't answer my question. "I heard it while waiting for you here, they were saying 'the eye candy and the jock were taking the photos earlier, but they didn't talk that much' things like that. So I am assuming the jock is Hae?"

 

"Hmmm, yes." I answered, I suddenly felt sad that I wasn't able to talk to him earlier.

 

"So, he is your admirer?" Soo hyuk asked me again.

 

"I think..." I answered him.

 

"Mind if we grab a bite? Those hotdogs look yummy." He asked me while pointing at one of the food stalls. I saw a lot of students gawking at us. But I just ignored them, I got used to it, and perhaps Soo-hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter