BLUES 131

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I told you I'm just meeting Dee and Hyesun, you don't have to come here." I heard Bommie's voice from behind, I turned around to look for her. I saw Seunghyun behind Bommie. Bommie's face looks annoyed. I looked at Hyesun  and she just raised her shoulders also oblivious to why there is commotion in between the two. "See. Hyesun and Dee." Bommie scoffed.

 

"Hi girls." Seunghyun greeted us. "Should I come with you?"

 

"Yah! You have classes! Don't be ridiculous." Bommie pushed Seunghyun.

 

"I could skip it today." Seunghyun calmly answered.

 

"You cannot. Please? Babe? Just go to your classes?" Bommie pleaded as she held Seunghyun's waist.

 

"You've promised right?" Seunghyun replied.

 

"Yes for now, but we need to talk about it later. When our classes end." Bommie answered.

 

Seunghyun raked his hair and sighed. "Arasso, but today you've already promised me so keep it."

 

"Yes." Bommie said. Seunghyun pulled Bommie and kissed the top of her head.

 

"I love you Bommie, don't make me angry okay?" Seunghyun whispered but we still heard it.

 

"I love you too. Now go." Bommie replied and Seunghyun waved us goodbye and turned around.

 

"What is that all about?" Hyesun asked. "I thought I was watching a drama or something."

 

"Aigoo, let's hit the cafeteria first. I'm so starving and that love of my life just won't stop." Bommie replied as she dragged both of us towards the cafeteria.

 

We went in the line and and waited for our turn. Hyesun and I kept glancing at the still infuriated Bommie. We decided not to say anything until we have reached our table. We also waited for Bommie to eat a few spoonfuls of her fried rice before any of us speaks.

 

"Ahmmm." Hyesun broke the silence. "What was that all about?"

 

Bommie looked at Hyesun then to me. Then she stared at her plate. "Gosh, it's so embarrassing."

 

"What is?" I've asked her since Hyesun didn't respond.

 

Bommie looked at us again. "Siwon and I were talking in front of my classroom. It was just a simple chit chat. And you know that thread-bracelet of Siwon that he always wear?"

 

"Like the friendship bracelet?" I've asked her before I take a big bite on my sandwich.

 

"Yes. That one." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "He was trying to remove a piece of tissue from my hair when that bracelet got caught in my earring." She moved her head sideways letting us have a better look on her earrings.

 

http://static.tumblr.com/d3975b2cc4bdd28f3767bf5da90814dd/cjqrkty/RtQmqfrew/tumblr_static_dew.png

"So what about it?" Hyesun asked.

 

"Well, of course Siwon has to help me remove it right?" She scoffed. "I cannot see it, and Siwon can see it properly. So he was removing it by leaning closer to me as he does it. And Seunghyun saw us in that position."

 

"Oh no. What did he do?" I've asked Bommie. "Did he get angry at Siwon?"

 

"Not at first. He just barged in between us and helped in removing the bracelet from my earring, Siwon was flustered of course and he stood there like a robot." Bommie suddenly laughed. "It was hilarious how Siwon just froze like that."

 

"Then?" Hyesun asked.

 

"Siwon just apologized and said good bye. Seunghyun didn't scold him or anything. He said goodbye to Siwon. But after that he became worried about me hanging out with Siwon again."  Bommie sighed. "He kept going wherever I am. He kept telling me that Siwon likes me and maybe I'll end up liking him too if I spend time with him. Does that even make sense? Siwon liking me?"

 

I looked at her. Is she that oblivious? "Well as far as I know, Siwon does like you." I answered.

 

"No, he likes me as a friend. That's all." Bommie pushed me slightly.

 

"If you say so." I remarked.

 

"So he was worried that Siwon might steal you from him? How cute!" Hyesun exclaimed.

 

"Cute?! That was actually more annoying than cute. Can't he see that I love only him? Why would he feel like that?" Bommie scoffed.

 

"Well, yes Seunghyun is a real deal, but you can't deny that Siwon is a rea deal as well. Maybe he felt threathened. I'm sorry but really, Siwon looks really good too." I commented.

 

"Well I know that. He is not called the hunk for nothing. But I love Seunghyun, he should just trust that." Bommie answered.

 

"Well, it's actually a bit nice that he feels too protective of your relationship don't you think?" Hyesun asked as she reached for a piece of fries from my plate.

 

"Now that you tell me about it, I guess you are right. He loves me so much right?" Bommie beamed.

 

"Of course!" Hyesun and I answered.

 

"But will you both be okay later? We are meeting right?" I've asked her.

 

"Seunghyun won't be there, that's why he is a bit perplexed that Siwon would be there." Bommie replied.

 

"I won't let you cheat anyway." Hyesun responded.

 

"Yah! Like I would. It's just fun sometimes to see your boyfriend getting jealous right?" Bommie replied while clapping her hands in front of her as if so delighted with the recent events that took place.

 

"You're happy huh?" I've asked her.

 

She bit her lip. "Guilty. It's just, somewhat flattering that even the woman magnet can be jealous too."

 

"He is a man after all. And although he is a catch himself, I can't blame him. You're a catch too." I said to her.

 

"Not true!" Bommie replied. "It's not just me, but we are all a catch!" And we all giggled. Yes, sometimes we are conceited too.  

 

After our lunch, I walked towards my next class. Why are these student gathering there. Something must have happened. Anyway, at least, there are less students looking at me right now. There's a bunch of students gathering somewhere near S301 classroom.

 

After finding a nice quiet spot for me, I sat down and took out my phone. I was delighted when I saw Hae's name on my screen. He sent me a message. I swiped my fingers and opened the message.

 

[HAE] Hi kiddo. Had your lunch? I'm missing you every minute.

 

[DARA] Yes. How about you? I miss you too.

 

I stared on my screen and waited for some time. But I didn't receive any message. Perhaps he is still practicing.

 

I looked up and saw one of my classmate sitting down beside me. "Hi Dara!" She greeted me with a smile.

 

"Hi Lisseyy ." I smiled back at her.

 

"Are you going to try for this?" She handed me a pamphlet.

 

I looked at it and carefully read the contents. "Oh my gosh, Professor Tablo is in the country?"

 

"Yes. You like him too?" She asked me. I nodded. Professor Tablo is a Korean Chemist who is already famous and is residing in USA. He has written some of the books we are using in this University and I adore his brilliant mind so much.

 

"I really am proud to be Korean because of him. His books are well thought of, and it's really easy to understand. I can't believe he is coming here to hold a seminar for students. And it's for 2 days!" I stared at the pamphlet.

 

"Yes, although it that we can't all go. Are you going to take the exam too?" She inquired.

 

"Yes. I bet you are too." I smiled back at her.

 

"Yes. It has caused a lot of commotion earlier there." She pointed somewhere near S301 classroom where a big poster was pasted on the bulletin board.

 

"So that's why. I was thinking why all the students flocked there." I answered.  "Good luck to all of us. Oh, they are taking 2 students each University?" I said after I read the text.

 

"Yes, it right, they could at least take 5 students. Why just 2?" She said while pouting.

 

"That would be better, 5 over 2 students. So I guess we need to review well for this exam just to be chosen to represent the school." I said still looking at the piece of paper.

 

"Yes, we are lucky though, it's open for 3rd-4th year students only. At least we could take part." She replied while pointing on the part where it is stated that it is for 3rd-4th year students.

 

"And it's a fair game. The first two students who gets the highest point will go." I gripped on the sheet of paper and mentally checked my current schedule. I need time to study. The exam will be this week and the seminar is next week. I need to get the highest score or the second highest score. I badly want to be in that seminar. Professor Tablo rarely comes to Korea and more, he is providing a seminar. It's like once in a lifetime opportunity for Chemical Engineering students. I need to discuss it with Hae.

 

 

--- =+= ---

 

"What is that?" Hae looked at Dara's hand which is holding a white paper. He has waited for her outside her last class, they are going to meet their friends in a hot pot restaurant near their University.

 

"Oh this? It's an application form for the exam." She answered him. "Would you mind if I drop it off?"

 

"Sure. What's the exam about?" He asked her.

 

Dara wrapped her thin arm around Hae's back as they walk on the corridor that leads to the faculty. "I'm going to participate in this exam so I could take part in a seminar by Professor Tablo."

 

"Oh Professor Tablo is here?" He asked her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer. "You take the exam and that's it?"

 

"Of course not silly. Of course I have to do well." She smiled at him still trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter