BLUES 135

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- DARA ---

 

"What was he thinking? To tell me not to go to the seminar that I have been working my as* of? I have sacrificed a lot just to study and get that slot, he should be the first one to understand me. I sacrificed my time with him, we barely spent time together during that time. Can't he at least be happy for me? Can't he at least support me? It's not like I'm going to do indecent stuff with Jae-joong, we are going for a seminar! A seminar!" I put the volume up of my car stereo and loud music blazed inside my car. "I'm so pissed! Where is that thing called trust?!"

 

I repeat our conversation in my head and I realized something. Hae was having a hard time explaining his side. What else does he want to say? I'm really angry right now. We should have spent that little time being happy. But instead we spent it fighting over something that we shouldn't fight about.

 

Is he jealous of Jae-joong? Well, he shouldn't be. "I love him! Why should he be jealous?!" 

 

I nearly jumped when I felt my phone vibrated inside my back pocket. I was so pissed earlier that I just slammed my bag on the passenger's seat and didn't even remember putting my phone in there. I took it out, put the car speaker in the lowest volume and put my phone in speaker. I am driving that I didn't even check who was calling me.

 

"Hello?" The other line speaks and it was a voice not familiar.

 

"Hello?" I answered back.

 

"Dara?" He speaks again. "It's Jae-joong. Kim Jae-joong. IU's cousin." He paused and coughed, suppressing a laugh. "Mr. Eye Candy?"

 

I laughed at his last remark. "You feel embarrassed saying that huh?" This is the first time I have laughed after fighting with Hae. It felt nice.

 

"You bet." He chuckled.

 

"What's up?" I've asked him.

 

"You're driving?" He asked me, maybe he heard some car honking.

 

"Yes."

 

"Am I on speaker?" He asked again. "Well you see, I don't particularly like to be--"

 

"Yes. Don't worry I'm alone." I've answered him. He is funny.

 

"Oh, that's better. I felt relieved somehow." He answered.

 

Hearing him say this, maybe he doesn't like when the person he called puts him on speaker? "What is it? Why do you hate being put in speaker mode? Did you have a bad experience or something before?"

 

"Nae, terrible one." He chuckled. "I was actually bad mouthing one of my friends to one of our common friend. He tried to stop me from talking but I continued as I was really pissed with that friend. I didn't realize he was driving and he put me in speaker mode."

 

"Oh, that's why you're reluctant when you felt I put you in speaker mode, you were hesitant to speak..." I chuckled. "How did that end?" I was interested in all honesty, I needed something to change my mood and to forget my fight with Hae, and he is helping me in that matter.

 

"Oh well, suprisingly, our friendship didn't break. We've gotten closer after that." He answered my question.

 

"Well that turned out well." I smiled. Worse things can bring good results too?

 

"Yes, he is my best buddy actually. You might know him, Yoochun, Park Yoochun?" He asked me.

 

"Hmmm...." I bit my lower lip. "I hate to break it to you but, I'm not really the socializing one."

 

"Oh, maybe you don't hang out with the basketball varsity?"

 

"He is a varsity member?" I've asked him.

 

"Yes. Same as your boyfriend." He told me.

 

"You know Hae? I mean my boyfriend?"

 

"Oh come on Ms. Eye Candy, who doesn't?" He chuckled a bit. "Anyway, the reason I've called you. I've spoken with Professor Lim, he instructed me to read the book Chemicals as seen behind a Scientist's mind, it's a quite short book, he also informed me to advise you the same."

 

(A/N: Book is fictional, I've made the title, I don't know if it does exist, if it does, credits to the author.)

 

"That's great, I've read that book already. I even have a copy. Do you have a copy?"

 

"You're a heaven's sent. I don't have it and I cannot find a copy in the library. I was planning to hit any bookstore, but I've been informed it cost quite a lot."

 

"Don't buy, I'll lend it to you tomorrow morning so you could read it on your free time."

 

"Thanks. That would really be nice." He said.

 

"No problem. I guess I see you tomorrow morning then."

 

"I'll wait for you in the parking lot."

 

"Oh sure."

 

"Sorry for taking much of you time." He sighed.

 

"Oh, no, it's okay. It's more that okay actually. I guess I should thank you." I've responded.

 

"Thank me?"

 

I sighed. "You made me forget some things that I don't want to think about."

 

"So I've called you in the right time?" His voice sounded relieved.

 

"Yes. Thanks Jae-joong."

 

"Anytime, I'm glad I could help. You can call me anytime you need a distraction." He chuckled. "Bye Dara, have a safe way back home. Drive safely."

 

"Bye." I hit the end button and put the volume up of the radio. Missing you of 2ne1 is playing. I smiled, this song is soothing. Jae-joong is a pretty nice guy. Why would Hae hate on him? Hate? It's such a strong word.

 

I looked at the time, perhaps Hae is on the way to Incheon. I sighed as he didn't even contacted me after our rift. I felt a slight pain inside my chest. This is the first time we've fought like this.

 

--- =+= ---

 

"Bye Dara, have a safe way back home. Drive safely."

 

Hae looked around and saw Jae-joong staring on his phone smiling. He heard it very well and he knows it is Dara he was talking to. He gritted his teeth, as much as he hated what is happening, he can't do anything about it. He cannot confront the guy.

 

To his surprise, Jae-joong walks towards him. He stopped in front of him. "I'll take care of Dara, don't worry." Jae-joong told him with straight face. But he saw something. It was fast, but he saw it. Jae-joong smirked at him before turning around. He wanted to ask him what is his problem, but hearing him talking to IU earlier, he knows it was  a look to mock him. He gritted his teeth, this is the first time that Jae-joong talked to him and all his words annoyed him.

 

He stared at Jae-joong's back, pinned to his position as the guy just walked away from him. Then he saw Yoochun walked towards Jae-joong, meeting him halfway. They hugged each other and heard Jae-joong wished his friend good luck.

 

He turned around and went to the bus which will take them to Incheon. If only I could tell her the truth straight, but I can't, I don't have a proof. Even the words he told me now doesn't really precisely mean anything.

 

--- HAE ---

 

I sighed as I take a seat inside the bus and waited for the others to settle. I looked outside the window, my thoughts still with Dara. I felt the seat next to me moved and  I looked up to see Eunhyuk smiling at me.

 

"What's up what's up dude?!" He greeted me cheerfully and I just sulked, totally ignoring his chirping sound."Whoah, what's the problem?"

 

"Do know that Jae-joong well?" I've asked him since IU must have talked about him.

 

He shook his head. "Not really, but I do know him a bit and I knew why he suddenly transferred school."

 

"IU tells you things like that?" I've inquired. I needed to know what he is up too.

 

"Sometimes. Jae-joong is nice actually, IU looks up at him, he is not just a pretty face, he got more than that. He got substance here." He points his index finger on his head. "But he got a playful side, that I have to add. But why are you suddenly curious about him?"

 

"Nothing." I answered him while scoffing.

 

"It looks like not nothing to me. Tell me man, what's the problem?" He quizzed me.

 

I sighed. "I have a bad feeling letting Dara spend time with him."

 

"Oh, jealousy problems huh?" He smirked.

 

"Not exactly. I just have this feeling he likes Dara." I've answered him.

 

"A lot of people likes Dara, a lot of men has interest in Dara. Why are you feeling bad suddenly? It never bothered you before." He looked at me strangely. "Is it because he is called Mr. Eye Candy? Dude, don't let that title affect you. It's just a title and you know, Dara chose you already."

 

"I know. Damn, I'm so stupid. I even told her not to go." I closed my eyes and hit my head on the back rest.

 

"Whoops, you didn't! You know how important that seminar is for Dara." He looked at me wide eyed as if I've done a crime of sort.

 

"Yah! Don't look at me that way. I know it's horrible. Look, I've overheard IU and Jae-joong talked earlier, he..." I stopped as I composed myself and avoid being angry. "He even took pictures of Dara. He likes her and I'm sure of it. What if he swayed Dara? What if Dara gets swayed? He is a pretty face, like a model. Like Soo-Hyuk." I gritted my teeth.

 

"So what? I'm betting my life, a lot of the men in the campus has Dara's pictures too." He answered me.

 

"But he has a purpose to steal her from me. I'm sure of that!"

 

"Hae, I hate to tell you this. But seeing you like this now." He pressed his upper and lower teeth together, exposed with his open lips. "But you've got a pretty face too." He chuckled. "This is so gay. Anyway, who does Dara love?"

 

"Me." I answered him as I tried to suppress my laughter. He finds me pretty-faced?

 

"There's your answer." He straightened himself on his seat and glanced at me. "Yah! Don't l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter