BLUES 105

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

 

I was hanging out with some of my fellow varsity just near the entrance of the campus. There are 3 exits in the campus but there is only one entrance which is in the East building. There is a bookstore near the entrance. Just before the bookstore there is a kiosk for fraternities and sororities. I usually see Taeyang and CL there. CL doesn't belong to any sorority, but she is Taeyang's girl so she hangs out there as well. In front of the bookstore there is a snack bar. This time is still my lunch break, I decided to buy something from the bar instead of going to the cafeteria or outside restaurants and just sit on one of the benches and hang out with Heechul and some of my friends while eating a sandwich.

 

"Next week we will start with the clubs right?" Heechul asked me.

 

"Yep. What did you choose? Oh..." I said remembering that Heechul is already a part of the Music Club, he will only need to add the Social welfare club.

 

"I'm not one of you guys, I'm more into my skills than just basketball." Heechul cockingly said.

 

"O-Oh, the soul is taking over Heechul!" One of my friends said.

 

"Gosh tooooo arrogant!" I .

 

"Accept it guys, I'm one step ahead of you!" Heechul declared.

 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! So full of himself really!" I said.

 

"What did you take again Hae?" He asked me.

 

"Photography."

 

"Oh yeah, that's good for you. I remember the shots you took while in high school."

 

"Oh the ones my mother hung on the corridor going to my room?" I asked him. Heechul is someone who has already been familiar with my family and home, he comes whenever he wants, my family knows him, and he is always welcome at our home.

 

"Yes! Exactly, you have to practice and learn more. You know you have potential right?"

 

"Maybe." I simply answered.

"Uh-Oh, so you are being humble now?!" Heechul said while poking me at my side.

 

"Yah!!! That hurts!" I said while catching his hand to avoid his poking.

 

"Seriously man, you've got what it takes to be a good photographer." He look at me intently. "Just like how I've got what it takes to be a good singer." He continued.

 

"Wind! The wind is blowing!" One of our friends said earning chuckles.

 

"We've gotta hold on tight, maybe the wind will take us with it!" Another added making us laugh more.

 

"Yahhh! Bastards!" Heechul tried to catch everyone with the notebook he is holding, trying to slam it to everyone's back.

 

When he stopped, I heard someone laughing while talking, rather 2 people, a male and female, laughing as they enter the gates. It was quite familiar, that voice. We all looked where the sound is coming from and there I saw Dara entering the gate. It's such a nice sound, her laugh, and her smiling like that is something that really attracted me. Then I looked at the male with her, checking the reason why she is laughing adorably, anger just crawled in my nerves. I hate the fact that she is laughing wonderfully because she was talking to Jiyong. I don't know how long my eyes have been locked with Jiyong as I suddenly felt one of my friends shake me and asked me. "Hae are you okay?"

 

I snapped from the anger that I am feeling and saw Dara pulling Jiyong by holding his right arm both with her tiny hands. I closed my eyes and breathed. As much as I don't want her to spend time with Jiyong, I can't do anything about it. As much as I wanted to be that person she is laughing with instead of Jiyong, I can't do it yet. As much as I wanted to pull her from Jiyong, I don't have that right. I just remembered Hyuk's words. I am really pathetic.

 

"I am fine." I answered my friend and forced a smile. My other friends then bade us goodbye. Leaving me and Heechul behind.

"Why do you have that much tension with the swimming master?" Heechul asked. I looked at him. "Yah, don't tell me..."

"What?" I asked him.

"You really have an eye for the eye candy?" He asked me with a bit of teasing tone.

"Yes." I simply answered. He teased me. "Yah, keep it low. She doesn't know yet."

"Well, you better move, someone's lurking around the candy." Heechul suggested.

"I know that, I saw it just now." I looked down on my lap and curled my fingers into a ball, tightening it while flashes of her smiling, beside Jiyong entered my mind again.

"Yah, relax, maybe they are just hanging out. You just need to work your charms now." Heechul patted my back.

"Aish sincha. Why do we have eyes on one person? We are already enveloped by this transparent cloud of tension, and now this will add more to that tension."

"Hmmm, then give up the eye candy, that would be less tension." Heechul answered with sadness in his voice.

"I can't do that. I can't do what you did." Heechul never opened to us, but it is really obvious that he likes CL and seeing CL now with Taeyang, it means he gave up CL.

"I know you think that I am such a coward. Maybe I am. But before I decided to do that, I made sure I am making the correct decision. She likes Taeyang, it's obvious as to how she talks about him, she glows. If that's where she will be happy, I can just suppress my feelings and let her be happy." He then looked at the frat's kiosk, he looks so wounded, but his words are very firm and it seems he means every word he just said. "But for you, her hanging out with Jiyong doesn't mean anything bro. That's why you have to work it out, and maybe stop your bull tactics."

I looked at him. "Bull?" He grinned at me and I grinned back. "Yah! It's going to work." I am trying to change it into lighter mood.

"How did you know that? What made you so confident?" Heechul then asked.

"I just know. Besides, I had the chance to make her smile this morning." I smiled just thinking how her eyes sparked while inside my car when she checked the interior. Although I am no longer sure that my tactics will prove me right, I know somehow that I am getting into her. She still replies to my messages which means I didn't push her yet to her limits. My only problem is that there's another boy who wanted to have that candy, my candy.

"Not all smiles are the same. CL smiles to me as well, but it is different when she smiles at Taeyang." Heechul said without looking at me, he seems distant.

"How did you feel when you let her go?" I asked him, since he is opening well now might as well ask him more.

"It's hard." He looked at me. "Imagine, the person you liked and hoping to be with, talking about someone else. At first, they were just friends. But I already felt something amiss. I was just longing for her time, to be with her. To spend time with her. I hear her stories, I became a person she talks with a lot. Then one day her stories became clearer. She's no longer talking about a friend but someone close to her heart. Then I just take it all in, and just accept it. Eventually, I let it go." He took a deep breath. "I wasn't able to fight for my feelings, but that's the brutal reality that I have to face, just let it go and let her be happy."

"That's tough, but you are a tough person. I believe what you did is right." I patted his back.

"It is right, that's why, please fight for yours. I really think it is not too late for you." He looked at me intently.

"I hope so." I said, I don't know the truth, and I really hate what I saw just now.

"Dude, it is not. Jiyong looks like he can make Dara happy, but her happiness right now, it doesn't seem like with CL to Taeyang. So if I were really you, gotta up the game. Make her fall now before you lost that chance."

"I really hope you are right."

"Don't lose confidence in yourself. Just make the correct moves from now on. Since you started really aggressive in making her angry, try to lessen it every day... but not abruptly. She will feel that for sure.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter