EPILOGUE

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--- DARA ---

 

 

I arrived at the restaurant and scanned the line of people outside the door. It's still as busy as it was since the first month of opening, it always has been this busy. Since the food tastes great, the location is very feasible, and the interior and the restaurant itself is very cozy, a lot of people come and go to check it out. Clutching my bag and an envelope on my hand, I walked and passed the line of people and head straight towards the door. I smiled at the doorman and went straight. It's so nice that we are treated specially here. It's nice to have connections.

 

I nodded at the few staffs there before going inside a private room which was reserved for us. I opened the door and took a peek first. "Hello? Are there any gorgeous women here?" I joked.

 

"Present!" I heard CL exclaimed. "This room is full of gorgeous women!"

 

I laughed and I opened the door entirely. "Aigoo, you were not lying!" I chuckled as I went to CL, hugged and kissed her. I did the same with Bommie, Hyesun and Minki.

 

"You are late again." Bommie pouted.

 

"I'm sorry. I had a hard time with one of our projects, I thought I had it under control this morning. A problem popped out just after lunch. Oh, you don't know how much I was freaking out! I thought I've gotta missed this party."

 

"You cannot! This is so important event!" Hyesun answered.

 

"I know. Geez! Calm down, I'm here already!" I snapped at her jokingly.

 

"This place is so packed. It's already over dinner time but people are still lined out huh?" Minki asked me.

 

I nodded as I took Bommie's drink and sipped on it. "Ewww. What's that?!" I gasped as I try to swallow the sour content of Bommie's drink.

 

"Lime and mint." She took the glass from me and drink it as if it taste so wonderful.

 

"Without honey or sugar?" I look at her with disgust.

 

"I like it sour. Yah! Don't stare at me like I'm such a freak. Besides, it's your fault for drinking it first without asking." Then she stuck out her tongue and smiled at me like an angel.

 

"Where is my drink then?" I looked at them and Hyesun handed hers to me. I looked at her suspiciously. "Sour?" She shook her head. "Oh thank goodness." I took a sip and my eyes widened. "What the hell were you drinking?!" I snapped at her.

 

"Gintonic." She smiled at me like it was an ordinary thing to do when you let your friend drink something that she hates.

 

I heard them all laugh. I breathed in and out. I never really liked alcoholic drinks. I looked around and saw a bottle of water in front of Minki. "Water?" I asked. She nodded. "Swear on your life and Dae's life!"

 

She laughed before answering me. "I swear. Gosh Dee, you really are thirsty."

 

I nodded and drink the water in one go. "I haven't eaten yet since breakfast. Did you guys order?"

 

"Of course, do you think she will forget that?" CL answered and looked at Bommie.

 

"Uhhhm, no." I answered and smiled.

 

"Correct!" Hyesun exclaimed. "Can you believe that Bommie already coordinated with them yesterday on what food we want to have tonight? Rather, what food she wants tonight? But we arrived early so they don't have it ready yet."

 

"That's just so Bommie." I commented.

 

"Girls, you have to admit you like that." Bommie batted her eyelashes and looked at us one by one.

 

"I like it." Hyesun nodded as she answered.

 

"What's with you? Are you having a hard time at work or you're in a fight with Minho? Or is it because we are celebrating today?" I looked at Hyesun. She drinks yes, but it's occasionally or it's because she has a problem.

 

"Both." She simply answered.

 

"You gotta give more than that." CL looked at her.

 

"I had a fight with Minho, I told him to go home last night so that he can attend tonight's gathering for sure. But as workaholic as he is he didn't. So he is running late. And..." She took her glass and sipped on it. "We are celebrating." She smiled. Hyesun and Minho had gone steady since college days. They have lived-in together for the past one and a half years, they are already engaged since last year, but since Minho is working all the time, their wedding has not taken place yet. Minho is an Architect, and has been travelling quite a lot. "He is just running late though. So don't worry, he'll be here." She added.

 

"Are you convincing yourself or us?" I looked at her teasingly. Even though Minho is workaholic, I know very well that they both love each other so much. We keep telling Hyesun that Minho is probably working for their future.

 

"I'm still getting there." She winked at me. This has happened before, but everytime, Minho makes it even at the last minute.

 

"He'll be here, I'm sure." Minki reached for Hyesun's hand and squeezed it. They smiled at each other. "I can't believe you two are finally getting married!" Minki exclaimed. "Are we that of age really?"

 

Before anyone of us can answer Eunhyuk entered the room without any of us noticing. "Yes." He answered as he settled down near Hyesun. We greeted him and continued with our conversation.

 

"Oh, speaking of marriages. How's the wedding?" Hyesun asked Eunhyuk.

 

"It was great. And damn hectic." Eunhyuk grabbed Hyesun's drink and drink it up. "Gaaaahh, alcohol!" He shouted.

 

"You people should stop drinking what's not yours." Hyesun scolded Eunhyuk and I.

 

"Anyway, Jae-joong and Yoona says hi." Eunhyuk said. "Especially to you Dee."

 

"Tell him I said hi too." I smiled at Hyuk. "When you see him again." Jae-joong and I became friends again after college. We were not talking with each other during college days because of the rift he caused us. But being in the same industry as mine, we were able to see each other again in my company. We talked things through and we decided to be friends again. It was not hard at all to forgive him since it has been a long long time ago and surely, we were still immature back then. We do foolish things that we regret.

 

"IU is still stuck there?" Minki asked Hyuk.

 

"Yes, family thing, she says hi to all of you and said she was sorry not being able to celebrate tonight." Eunhyuk replied. "But really, who would have thought Jae-joong a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter