BLUES 117

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- HAE ---

 

I tapped my shoes on the floor while waiting for Yoona to come out. Can't this day get any worse?  I hummed a song while tapping my foot to its beat. I don't know if I should be relieved when Yoona came out of the washroom or what. It felt like I wanted her to stay inside the washroom longer. She walked straight to me holding a tissue. She paused in front of me and reached for my face, gently she wiped the sweat on my forehead.

 

"There. More handsome as ever." She said to me while smiling. I smiled back to her. Yoona is not a bad companion, but being stuck with her like this? I have to admit I hate it. I haven't been able to fix my issues with Dara, then she's there somewhere hanging out with her almost-ex, and now I am cuffed with Yoona. Damn my varsity members!

 

After I went to Professor Wu to return the camera, he gave me Dara's phone. Immediately I went around the campus to look for her, I ended up near the booths since I heard some students talking about Dara and Soo-hyuk eating there. I stopped at our booth to ask them, and Yoona was already standing there, just looking around the booth. She didn't asked to be cuffed on me, but when I reached the booth, those youngsters played a prank on us and cuffed us. My fellow varsity members knew Yoona is eyeing me lately and being the muse, they felt compelled to make her happy. And her happiness they thought will be to be handcuffed with me. Thankfully, they are considerate and used the long chained cuff. They even paid for the whole day fee on the cuffs, which is really absurd. So here I am, cuffed with the muse and soon Dara will see us being like this. Worst day ever.

 

"Yoona?" I heard a deep voice. I looked where the voice is coming from and saw Soo-Hyuk standing near us with Dara. Dara's eyes fixed on the cuffs.

 

"Omo, Soo-Hyuk you're really here?" Yoona answered him. "How are you? It's been a while since I have last seen you." She walked towards the two and kissed Soo-Hyuk on the cheek. I saw Dara's eyes, she's like a hawk, glaring at another predator trying to steal her meal.

 

"Yes, it's been a while. I didn't even knew you also study here." He commented, I caught Dara's eyes move and I caught her smirk a little. So they really have issues about Soo-Hyuk.

 

"Oh. Anyway, here's my friend. Hae." Yoona ushered me, I walked beside her. "Hae, this Soo-Hyuk, Dara's first love and ex." She said emphasizing the term first love. I clenched my jaw, she shoved it in front of my face, her tone implying that she really meant to do it. I smiled at Yoona sympathetically, ignoring her use of words.

 

"We've met already." I informed her, I glanced at Soo-Hyuk and then to Dara.

 

"Oh, what a coincidence with us being here at the same time!" Yoona exclaimed. "We should go and hang out around and enjoy the booths. Have you checked the booths?"

 

I stared at Dara and she was avoiding my gaze. She then looked at Yoona and smiled at her, then nodded a little bit.

 

"We did, so far it was nice. It was even nicer compared to last year." She commented.

 

"Yeah, I have to agree with you. Hae's team even have this thing." Yoona raised her hand and wiggled the cuff with a part of the chain dangling. She looked intently at Dara. Dara just stared at her and just smiled. It seems she isn't bothered at all. Is it still Soo-Hyuk for her?

 

"Must have been nice. It is indeed such a small world. You being cuffed like that." Soo-Hyuk answered for Dara, I caught his evil smirk.  "You're too lucky Hae, to be surrounded with pretty ladies all the time. I heard you are the captain ball of the basketball team?" He then asked me.

 

"Yes I am. I bet you are luckier with your profession, but yes, I guess I am lucky too." I answered him while staring at the pretty lady beside him. I saw a faint tint of red on Dara's cheeks.

 

"Ahh, yes, my profession. But I prefer the ladies here." He simply commented then he looked at Dara intently. I clenched my fist, as much as I wanted to hurt the guy, I don't think he deserves it that much.

 

"You might as well." I simply answered him. "So where do you wanna go next?" I turned my attention to Yoona.

 

"Hmmm, let's try the photobooth, I heard they put a nicer one this year." She answered me joyfully.  "Do you want to come with us?" Yoona turned to Soo-Hyuk and Dara.

 

"That's a good idea. It's been years since we had our photo taken together." Soo-Hyuk said to Dara.

 

"Let's get a couple of copies then." Dara answered him smiling brightly. And officially, this day really is not getting better, it only worsens as time goes by.

 

"Let's go." Yoona said tugging me beside her, she held on the chain linked on my cuff, our arms are brushing while we walk, we are almost holding hands. Soo-Hyuk and Dara walked behind us.

 

I turned around abruptly, seeing Dara's penetrating gaze on Yoona's back. She immediately remove her eyes from Yoona's back and looked down. I stopped and waited for them to come nearer.

 

"Your phone." I gave it to her. She immediately took it and looked down again.


"Thanks." I heard her say but I already turned around and walked beside Yoona, I held her elbow just to make the eye-candy a bit jealous. I hope it gets through her. I smiled as we walked.

 

 

--- Normal POV ---

 

The two couples walked towards the photo booth. Both silent. As they get nearer the booth Yoona saw booth with a basketball ring and ball and pulled Hae towards it.

 

"Hae, let's play hoops!" She exclaimed, her eyes glistening from excitement. She then turned to the other couple. "Let's try this game? Look at those stuffed toys! The largest ones are unicorns! They are so cute!"

 

Dara eyed the prizes, she was delighted as well. She saw it earlier and made a mental note to mention it to Hae, since Hae for sure will be able to win that prize and she will stress out that she will forgive him big time if he will win it for her. The prizes are unicorn stuffed toys, with variety of design, rainbow colored, blue colored, pink colored, yellow colored, green colored, and purple colored mane, tail and horn. She saw lots of prizes while playing around with Soo-Hyuk. The other booths have stuffed toy rabbits, bear, monkeys, fishes but this one is the best compared to the others. But this is not what she planned, she didn't want to have Yoona here, and worst, she didn't want Hae to play for Yoona. *Sigh* 

 

"Okay, I'll try it first." Yoona blurted out. She went to the booth lady and was going to pay but Hae stopped her, he reached for his wallet and paid for it. Yoona was beaming with delight. "Thanks!"

 

'Might as well enjoy what seems to be Yoona and I's date.' - Hae

 

'This is awesome! It's like we are on a date! I've got to say thanks to those varsity members!' - Yoona

 

'Tch! Are they on a date? Why so mushy and all? Paying for the game.' *sulk* - Dara

 

'Seems like Yoona likes Hae. It's like a dejavu, only this time, it's not me but Hae.' - Soo-Hyuk

 

She positioned herself and aimed for the ring, she was given 3 balls. She stretched her arm and released the ball. She missed it. "Gosh, this was harder than I expected." She pouted directly at Hae. Dara glared at her and rolled her eyes. Oh please, why acting so cute in front of my jerk?!

 

Soo-hyuk stood there observing everyone, especially Dara. He felt Dara was somewhat upset. He put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer while patting her shoulder. Dara felt relieved that she has Soo-Hyuk beside her. Hae caught the comforting act of Soo-hyuk to Dara and he was offended as well. Argh, how can he do these things to her? Why is she letting him?! He look at Yoona and a bright idea popped in his mind.

 

'Let's see how Dara will act.' - Hae

 

"Your posture is wrong. Here." Hae moved closer to Yoona and touched her waist, her arm, hand and wrist. He changed the posture of Yoona and how she handles the ball. But he was exaggerating and was trying to hold Yoona longer to spark jealousy from Dara. Which of course he did, but Dara perfectly concealed it by looking at the bracelet Soo-Hyuk gave her.

 

'Omo! This is like a dream! Will Soo-Hyuk feel jealous?' - Yoona

 

'Seriously?! I'll act like I am not offended. Why should I be anyway. He's not my boyfriend.' - Dara

 

'Now this is getting more interesting.' - Soo-Hyuk

 

 

"Did you really liked it?" Soo-Hyuk asked Dara. He saw Dara looking at the bracelet and carefully and closely looking at the charms.

 

"Nae. Thank you so much!" Dara put her arm around Soo-Hyuk's waist from his back. She smiled brightly at him. I will not get jealous! I will not get jealous. You jerk get jealous! Soo-Hyuk pinched her nose and smiled brightly at her.

 

"You're most welcome. Go Yoona, shoot the ball!" Soo-Hyuk cheered on Yoona when he noticed the two were watching them. Yoona smiled at him.

 

'It's been years, but this freaking heart still hurts whenever I am reminded he chose her over me. Good thing I have Hae with me.' - Yoona

 

She looked at Hae then looked at the target. "I'll shoot it this time!" Yoona cheered herself, she aimed for the ring and this time shooting the ball. She shrieked and jumped while holding on Hae's arms with both hands, she was facing Hae. "Hae! I've got it!" They were both acting like they won the lottery.

 

"Wow, you're a good student! You should join the team!" Hae answered her and patted her back. "Another one." He hand her the other ball and Yoona aimed again.

 

"Is my posture correct?" Yoona asked Hae. Hae immediately fixed her arms and hands.

 

'Er... More skinship?!' - Dara

 

 

"There, shoot it." He winked at her. Dara glared at the two. He's winking at her too?! How dare thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter