BLUES 101

College Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--- DARA ---

 

 

I don't know how long have I been standing here. I seriously hate him. I wasn't budging from my position. I am still in awe of what happened. I want to slap him really hard, carry him and crash him on the ground, kick him everywhere until his body is covered with bruises, no erase that, I want to kill him. Just kill him.  Lee Dong Hae, I will kill you!

 

I froze when I felt somebody put his/her arm around my shoulder. When I looked at her, I was relieved to see Hye Sun's face.

 

"What happened? The jock did something to you again?" Hye Sun asked me.

 

"Yes. And I will kill him in an instant, no I will kill him slowly, to see his face in agony, trembling in pain. That will be my happiness." I said with my eyebrows meeting in the middle.

 

"Relax Dee, what did he do this time?"

 

"That moron! He just told our professor that he has read what I am reporting earlier already. Like I literally took it from someone's thesis." I answered while curling my fingers making a hard fist.

 

"And the professor believed?"

 

"Well, thankfully, he let me finish. But he asked that moron to get him the copy of that said thesis." My nose I believe is smoking just thinking of the events today. I was still standing outside our Circuits 101 room.

 

"He really likes getting in your nerves huh?"

 

"That stupid guy, really, he makes me age!!!!" I grunted.

 

"Relax Dee, breathe in, breathe out." Hye sun calmed me down.

 

"I hate him!" I said in a louder voice making the person walking in front of me stop and looked at me with surprised look. "Ayii, sorry!" I said on the person, he smiled at me and he continued walking.

 

"Don't worry, he will not find that thesis right? Unless, you really copied it."

 

"Yahh!!! What do you think of me?!" I pushed her a little bit.

 

"Uh-Oh, just kidding Dee. Let's go, Bom's waiting in the restaurant outside." She pulled me and we walk while her right arm are linked with my left arm.

 

Hye Sun, Bom and I are high school friends. We are all taking Engineering courses but different fields. I am taking Chemical Engineering, Bom is in taking Mechanical Engineering, and Hye Sun is taking Civil Engineering. We are really lucky to be able to pass the admission test in this prestigious University. To be able to study in one University was our dream. It would be easier to have somebody you know in a new campus right? We all helped each other from time to time. We are now in our 3rd year college, 2 more years to go and we are out of school, will be looking for work. We are still hoping we could work in one company though it's really hard since we have different fields. But it's free to dream, so we are still dreaming that odds will go in our way and we will still be able to make it in one company.

 

When we reached the restaurant, we have seen that a lot of male college students are eyeing Bom from the glass walls and door, outside you can see her bright red hair. She is really the man-magnet among us. Although I have to admit that both Hye-sun and me has that force too, but Bom's force? It's incomparable. When we entered the door, a lot of students are already whispering. It's normal for us now, we got used to it already. Before we were like 'what the hell?', we became the talk of the campus and we just embraced it, it became part of our lives. I am not conceited, I seriously don't like it, imagine almost everyone is watching every move you make? But I cannot make these people stop gawking at us.

 

This has been happening to us ever since college. It was our first day of being college students, after all our classes we decided to meet in the south wing, where my classes are, Bom is coming from the west wing, Hye sun is from the east wing. South wing is in the middle so we decided that it's better to meet where my classes are. I have already notice that a lot of students are talking about me but I just ignored it, sometimes it happen like that, they talk about you, so I just shrug it off. Eyes were watching me and following me when I went to our meeting place, and when the three of us were there, the murmurs have been nonstop, it actually has been loud. After that, we talked and we realized that our first day experience were all similar, we are all feeling the same like everyone is talking about us. We became popular since our first day.

 

Hye sun and I walked to where Bom is sitting, fiddling with her phone, not caring about the men eyeing her or the buzz around her.

 

"That's Sandara Park and Hye Sun Go, bestfriends of Bom Park." I heard one student whisper, well it was a little bit louder than a whisper. "They are all pretty! How lucky!" Another one whispered. "If only I could get Bom's number." "I'll have my chance at Hye Sun, she's in my class!" "Dara park is really beautiful, if only she didn't copy a thesis."

 

I snapped, I looked at my left side, looking for that person but everybody's head was bowed already, as if they are concentrating on eating when earlier all of them are gossiping. I glared at a blank space, not knowing who I should glare on. Hye sun pulled me and pushed me onto a chair. Forcing me to sit.

 

"Yahh, what's with that expression again?" Bom asked while I put my bag on the empty seat with Bom's bag already on it, Hye sun puts her bag on top of mine.

 

"The jock did something again which made her this way now." Hye sun answered for me.

 

"Hae again?! That weirdo... Don't worry I'll talk to him." Bom said. Bom and Dong Hae are actually close, they are from the same Engineering field. I just learned from Bom a couple weeks ago that they were actually friends. Close friends to be exact. Dong Hae apparently was one of her first friends in the campus. They were classmates from the initial class. In this University, when you first entered, your first subjects and class is assigned by the administration. You will have classmates from your course, allowing you to make friends easily since it's like high school, you belong in one class. You will all attend the same subjects and have the same schedule.

 

Bom's course is more of the manly side, so most of her new friends that time were men. Well, she has introduced us some of her friends, Jiyong, Taeyang, Seungri, Seunghyun and Daesung. But not Dong Hae, but she kept on stating his name every now and then, but we just listened to her stories. And believe me, I thought that this Hae was an absolute gentleman! But NO! After my class start at Circuits 101 and Hae, the jock as the campus call him, I call him 'the jerk' instead, picked on me as his source of happiness, not the real happiness, but the sarcastic one, for he gains happiness while teasing me and making fun of me, I realized he was far from being a gentleman!

 

It started with a few teasing now and then, he picks on my clothes like if I am wearing purple, he will call me eggplant, if I wore yellow, he will call me mango, if I wear pink, he will call me cotton candy. It was simple as that on the first week. I could really bear with him, I'll just glare at him and then ignore him. But one day he decided to go extreme, while we are waiting for our professor, one student ran to our room and asked for me, the professor asked me to go to the faculty and get the handouts and give it to the class as he will be a little late. I went, leaving my things, when I came back, I gave them the handouts and just read it for a while before the professor comes. After the class, I stood up and picked up my bag which is on the backrest of the chair in front of me. It was heavy, but I didn't care as I need to leave the room as another class will be using it. I walked and meet up Bom and Hye sun in the cafeteria. When I reached the bench where they are sitting, my shoulder is already hurting. When I looked inside, I  saw a 7kg hand dumbbell! On it was a note attached: You abducted me bad woman! Return me to my daddy Hae! Then Bom asked me which Hae, I told her the campus jock. She then revealed that this is the Hae that she kept telling us about. He is actually the basketball captain ball, he is a varsity, and almost everyone knows him. Well to be honest, I just knew him because of our class. He has been referred as 'the jock' everytime but I don't watch basketball or any sport for that matter so I don't know. So I just left the dumbbell in the cafeteria and I don't know if he ever got it back and the next class, when we meet, I totally ignored him like he doesn't exist. Oh well, to make the story short,  I hate him, every part of me hates him.

 

"Bommie, don't waste your time. He will not listen to you anyway." I answered Bom.

 

"Wait, he will!" Bom answered back.

 

"Oh really, what happened when you talked to him about the dumbbell? You've asked him not to do that anymore right?"

 

"Yes." Bom looked down.

 

"So, what happened?" I raised my brow on her.

 

"Oh well, that was long ago."

 

"That was just last week. Tell me, what happened?"

 

"Hmmm, he put another one and it's 10kg?" Bom answered me in asking tone.

 

"Yes, and he put a note: You bad woman! You abducted my little brother and now you are abducting me!"

 

"Hihihi. He's just playful." Bom said in defense.  

 

"Too playful Bommie. It's no way to treat a woman!" Hyesun answered.

 

"Thank you Hyesun! So, did you order?" I asked Bom changing the topic as I am starving.

 

"Yes, see there, that's our order, it's coming now." Bom pointed on the food on the counter, true to her words those were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter