The Sweetest Melody To My Ears

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHEN'S POV

   I can see small sparks of electricity getting out of my fingertips. I am just so excited today, I can already hear my brother Channie running downstairs to get the door and welcome our princess Sophie in our home. This is the start of our week with her, although my other brothers will not be able to help themselves and visit her in our home. I am still happy because Channie and I can cuddle together with Sophie during the night, tell stories and eat sweets before we sleep. I already prepare our playroom where we sleep when Sophie is with us. Instead of the boring bed, I and Channie have set-up a tent that will fit the three of us. And this is not your boring camping tent. We made it using several yards of precious silk that I have stolen from my mother after her trip to China. Well, I asked her permission after we already made the tent and set up the futon, pillows, and plushies inside it. She liked it and forgave me after she saw how adorable Sophie looks inside the silk tent. 

   I and my brothers have a unique way of playing with Sophie, to make sure that she is not bored. In Yifan's home, they have set-up two treehouses in their backyard. Actually, it is not your normal treehouse since it can fit the thirteen of us since it has three floors each. These two treehouses are joined by a hanging bridge and hanging ladders to get you to the next floor. On the other hand, there is a pirate ship docked at the Xi family's backyard. Luhan's father even hired a lot of people to create a small manmade lake where they can place our pirate ship. We have also learned how to row a small boat because of this since the pirate ship is anchored in the middle of the lake. Luhan will always be the pirate captain while little Sehunnie will be Peter Pan, and since we are the guest, unfortunately, we play as the peasant crew of the ship.
   The trio who love to cook, bake and make coffee and fruit juices, which I can say is becoming more edible as time passes by, have requested for their parents to set-up a small cafe in their backyard where they can practice what they have learned from their cooking and baking classes as well as play with Sophie. Kyungsoo and Yixing are the ones assigned to bake and cook simple meals while Xiumin is their barista and little Jongin likes to pretend that he is the handsome bartender even if there is no alcohol in their cafe. But right now he is the cashier so that he can practice his math. I know that this is Xiumin's way of collecting money from us for eating the food that they've cooked, only Sophie gets to eat for free.
   If we now have a manmade lake in our estate courtesy of Luhan's family, we also have a fabulous pool with slides and waves built by Suho's father or by the man he hired from the swimming pool company. I also know about the Beauty Parlor/ fashion runaway that Baekkie will set-up in their playroom once it's their turn to have Sophie. But it's a secret to all our parents since I am sure that their Appa will not like his son Baekkie to act like a girl. My parents suggested that we build Indian tents in our backyard so that I and my brothers can play with Sophie there when she is with our family. Being my wise self, I declined the idea and prefer for a simpler one. That is when I stole my mother's precious silk from China and built a tent that only me, Channie and Sophie can fit so that we don't have to share her with the peasants.

   The past six years that we have spent with Sophie is the best years of my childhood. Although I am now sixteen years of age I still can't help myself from acting all silly especially when my Appa is not around. I am quite envious with the maknaes who are close to Sophie's age since from what I've witnessed they had so much fun growing up and playing with our princess. While I and my six other brothers have to watch over them and protect them to make sure that they don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter