Bloom

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    

SOPHIE'S POV

 

     "It doesn't matter who your real parents are, that you are human and the blood that runs in your veins is not mine. What matters is that you are part of my family and pack. You are my daughter, always remember that. I am honored to be part of your life. I love you so much." 

     I still miss my Alpha Appa and Omma. A month has already passed since they decided to sacrifice their life to save my Fan-fan Appa, but I still feel the same pain in my heart on the day that they left whenever I think of them. I will forever be grateful to them for loving and protecting me even if I am human. Sometimes I even forget that I am one. A fragile human. The only thing that reminds me of my humanity is the fifteen assorted medication that I have to take twice a day, but after I gulp them down, everything is perfect again. Or so I thought.

 

     This morning we have visited the home for the elderly that the family of Yixing ge have founded to provide shelter and comfort for the elderly people who have no family left and worse, abandoned by their own children. Maybe I am still too young to understand all the problems of this world and why people do bad things to each other but I can never imagine abandoning someone that have brought me to this world. I am happy that even for just a few hours I was able to make them laugh and feel that not everyone have forgotten them since they can no longer contribute to the growth of the society.

     The gentle breeze that is always present around Sehun is softly blowing the fading long brown curly hair of an elderly woman as she laughs at my brother's story. I saw him gave her a glass of water as he gently pats her back because she had difficulty breathing from laughing. The scene before me made me feel the fear that I have buried at the back of my mind. If my weak heart will allow me to live up to adulthood, that scene will become my reality. I will be that old woman in front of Sehun who will still look young even after I die. My brothers will live for many centuries while my days are slowly numbered.

     "Baby doll, let's go to the attic and watch the movie Baekkie had picked for today." I am glad that Chanyeol interrupted my depressing thoughts before I started crying. I don't want them to worry about me over something that we cannot prevent. He offered me his back like always and give me the wolf back ride. I buried my face in the crook of his neck as we made our way to the attic to spend the night with the other maknaes. I will treasure this moment more from now on because when  I get older, the wolf back ride will just look awkward.

 

     The movie that we watched was Miracle in Cell number #7 and we all slept with a heavy heart after crying from the second half of the movie up to its ending. I was awakened when I heard the panicked in Sehun's voice followed by my other brothers. "Baby doll, wake up, are you hurt? Did I hurt you with my claws?" I can feel that he is gently lifting my head from the pillow to wake me. "Ottokae, my princess is hurt." I heard Baekhyun who was lying beside me. "Yah Sehun ah did your wolf claws came out while you are sleeping, I can smell blood on her. I swear I will kill you brat." It was Tao's voice that made me open my eyes, I became aware that my back hurts and the word blood made me shiver. I have always been afraid of the sight of blood, the only time I was able to swallow my fear was when my Fan-fan Appa was not well because of his wounds. I was able to stay beside him despite the blood seeping on the bandages. Sehun helped me to sit on the futon while checking the upper part of my body for any injury. It was Chanyeol and Jongin who sat in front of me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter