The Sweetest Scent

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHEN'S POV

 

    Adulthood is supposed to be a stage in one's life where a person is given more freedom. Adulthood means the start of unending choices and the right to choose for one's self. But as I open the door to my brother's suite and saw him still sprawled in bed while mindlessly staring at the ceiling, I know that he doesn't want this night to start. If he will be given the  choice he would rather stay eighteen forever. Because, for us wolves, the age of nineteen does not only mark the start of adulthood, more freedom, and even greater responsibilities.  It is also the time when the wolf will start to search for his or her mate. Some wolves are lucky to find their other half on the day of their 19th birthday while for others it takes years or even centuries before nature will finally lead us to that person made for our soul. But for me I'd like to think that I found mine fifteen years ago.

    "Chanyeol ah, stop staring at the ceiling, because even if you burn the Shilla Seoul Hotel to ashes it will not change the fact that you will turn nineteen in an hour. Come on, take your bath, fix yourself and wear that Alexander Amosu Vanquish II Bespoke suit that Baek pick-up for you. Don't let it go to waste Yoda, it cost me $101,860, that money can feed a small town for months." "I don't care hyung, can you help me get out of this place. Please cover for me like you always do." "No can do, Yoda. I am afraid that it will not be possible, every wolf in our clan needs to undergo this. It can't be that bad. There will be hundreds of pretty wolf ladies from all over the world that came here just to see your big ears boy. And this even won't guarantee that you will find your mate tonight. Look at your hyung, still y, free and single." I tried to pull his arms so that he will get out of the bed. "Do you want me to shock you with my lightning before you get up, please don't give me a hard time kid or I swear I will call Yifan to get your ." Just the mention of the Alpha's name made him stand up and head to the suite's bathroom. I know brother that it hurts and we both can't do anything about it. I know that you left your heart with the girl that Baek is busily dressing up at the suite next door.

 

    We sent the invitation a month ago to all the eligible wolf ladies that came from royalty like us, distinguish families and allied packs all over the world.  And like what I have predicted all three hundred of them came to Seoul, South Korea. Some were even overly excited and came as soon as they received the invitation and boarded the earliest flight in their country to my homeland. Those who arrive earlier than the event have been pestering Chanyeol, me, and my six other brothers for more than three weeks now. Even the maknaes Baekhyun, Tao, Jongin and Sehun who are not yet of age to be mated were not spared, as these wolf women tried every excuse imaginable to see us. I just want this event to be over now so that they can all leave us in peace and retain our y, free and single status.

 

    After making sure that my brother will not ditch his own birthday party that our clan have prepared for him, I made my way down to the 2nd floor of the hotel where the Shilla Seoul's Grand Ballroom is located. This place have witnessed several lavished weddings in the past and can accommodate almost 700 guest, which is just perfect for my brother's coming of age party. I can see people lining up at the entrance of the grand ballroom as our security check and identify them to make sure that they are part of the guest list. My parents and the other elders of the EXO clan were already seated in the designated seat for our pack, I know that all of them are excited about events like these, because it's not only Chanyeol who might find his mate, it also includes me and my six other brothers. Which explain the face plastered on the faces of Yifan, Luhan, Xiumin, and Kyungsoo while Yixing have his blank face on. Only Suho is nice enough to smile at the women guest passing by the head table where the thirteen of us will all be seated later. But I know that only his position as Prime Minister of Asia is the reason for his charming smile, that's the price you pay for being involve in the affairs of the world, you have to be considerate t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter