Operation K: Let's bake a cake

All Because of You

Alexander’s Pov

 

When I woke up, I immediately got dressed. My girlfriend’s birthday is in a few days and I want to get her something nice, and since Soohyun is good at touching girl’s hearts, he’s coming with me to pick a nice gift.

Mean while, I’ll have Kevin, Kiseop, and Kibum make a cake for Eli to cheer him up. Hopefully they don’t make a mess of burn down our place. And for Dongho… I think he should come with me too. He’s young so he should know what young girls like at his age.

I walked passed Eli’s cracked door and peeked through. He was woke but staring at the ceiling. Who knows if he actually went to sleep last night…

“Morning Xander hyung~” Kevin yawned as he was walking out of his room.

“Kevin… can you do hyung a big favor?”

“Hm?”

“Get Kiseop and Kibum and you three meet me in the kitchen…”

He gave me a puzzled look but did what I told him to do. Now I hope we have exactly what they need to bake a cake…

 

YES! Vanilla cake mix, eggs, oil, sprinkles, icing of both chocolate and vanilla, a clean pan, a clean cupcake pan (just in case they screw up), and our perfect stove. TAH-DAH!

“Okay! You three idiots are going to bake a cake while me, Dongho, and Soohyun go shopping for a present.”

“…What about Eli?” Kiseop asked while putting on an apron.

“Eli… you guys are making the cake for him. His heart has been broken an—“

“OH NO!” Kevin said loudly. “That’s so sad. Is hyung okay?”

“Nope! But we will be after you make this cake for him~ just clean up when you’re done, don’t eat the cake batter, and DON’T SCREW UP.” I strictly told then while grabbing my keys. “Let’s go guys.”

Dongho crossed him arms. “Waist of a day…”

Aish….

 

Kibum’s Pov

 

Great. On my day off I’m baking a cake. And for what? Eli? He can bake it himself or go out and buy one. Why do I have to do it? Especially with… these two…

“Okay guys! Let’s get to work~” Kevin said while picking up the cake mix box. “Let’s see, Kiseop hyung, you get the big bowl. Kibum hyung, you can get 1 ¼ cups of water… and I’ll get the eggs.”

“How big does the bowl have to be?”

“Just get a big bowl.”

“And why just water? Don’t we need oil too?”

“It doesn’t say we need oil…”

“What? Let me see that box! You do need oil, see! It says 1/3 cup of vegetable oil!”

“I didn’t see that!”

“That’s because you don’t know how to bake a cake, Kevin!”

“Hyung~”

I sighed. They’re the idiots… not me. “YAH! Give me a reasonable sized bowl, take out two measuring cups and fill one with 1 ¼ of water and the other 1/3 of oil. Hand me a large spoon and give me three eggs.” I read the exact directions. GOSH! How hard is that?

“O-okay…” They said in unison.

I took the mix and poured it in the bowl. Next, I add the water and oil, then cracked all three eggs into the bowl without dropping any shells in.

“Where is the whisk?”

“The one that spins when you press the button to make it go and spins really fast?” Kevin asked and I nodded. “I broke it.”

“…”

“Hehe, just kidding. It’s in that bottom cabinet I think.”

Kiseop went to go grab it and plug it in.

“Here, hand me it so we can hurry up and get done faster…” I mumbled and turned the machine on.

“I wanna do it!” Kevin whined.

“No, I already started.”

“Can I please just try? ~”

UGH! “Here.” I gave him the blender thingy. “Don’t turn it on until it’s in the bo—“

Kevin turned it on and the batter flicked everywhere. Our faces, the walls, my hair.

“Opps…”

Kiseop looked like he was about to murder Kevin. “Aish… Wait, until I get my hands on you…” He gritted through this teeth and charged after Kevin but missing when Kevin went under the table. “Kevin! Get back here!”

“No!”

“YAH!” I yelled at both of them. “I’ll finish mixing it with a whisk! You two just clean up!”

They just stared at me. “Well?! Pali!” Kevin got from under the table and Kiseop made a fist at him. I glared at the two and they started getting sponges to clean. Sometimes, I wish I lived with my hyung…

 

I FINALLY get done mixing the cake batter and just started to get the circular foil pan out of the cabinet.

“Are we done yet?” Kevin groaned.

“No, we still have to put it in the oven.” I poured all of the mix inside the pan and evened it out so it could be nice and flat. “Here Kevin, the spoon.”

“Yay!”

Okay, now while the cake is baking, I guess I can run out to the store while they keep an eye on it.

“So hyung… how high are we putting the heat on in the oven so the cake can bake?” Kiseop asked me.

I turned to face him slowly…

“Are you telling me… that no one pre-heated the oven?!” I think I’ve lost it.

Yup, I’ve gone insane…

 

Eli’s Pov

 

I didn’t get any sleep last night… I don’t think I feel like doing Pops in Seoul tonight… Even though my fans make me so happy through their letters, there’s just one person who I can’t seem to get to look at me. Ah~ why is love so difficult…?

AISH!!!!” I heard someone yell from in the kitchen.

What the heck is going on in there…? Oh well, this stuff happens every day…

I think I need some sleep. They’ll expect me to be ‘awakened’ during the show and it’ll be my if I don’t do so.

 

Thirty minutes into my sleep, I smell something burning… gosh, when _____ was here, we never had the house smelling like smoke. At least not this bad. Maybe I should see what they’re doing before they burn the house down…

 

Kiseop’s Pov

 

Ohmigosh. Ohmigosh. Ohmigosh. Ohmigosh. Ohmigosh. Ohmigosh.

We’re all going to die!

Kibum left to go to the store leaving me and Kevin with the cake. I for one is definitely not concerned with Eli’s problems so I really don’t have no business into making this crap but we all know Kevin doesn’t know how to bake a cake so I have no choice!

There was smoke coming from the oven and the kitchen was really smoky as well.

Kevin was covering his mouth and nose while coughing. “Hyung! Is this suppose to happen?”

“NO IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!”

“THEN WHAT DO I DO?”

“TURN THE OVEN OFF!”

“HOW?”

Kibum comes back and immediately runs to the kitchen. “WHAT THE HELL? DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANYTHING?!”

“JUST HELP US GET THE CAKE OUT!”

“WAHHH! I JUST SAW A FLAME!” Kevin ran out the kitchen. Okay, now I’m mentally slapping myself.

“I GOT THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!” I yelled. “MOVE!”

I sprayed the white foamy stuff everywhere. When everything started to calm down, I sighed exhaustedly and fell to the floor. Aigoo…

Kibum opened the oven door to the black cake. “… now Xander is going to kill us.”

“Don’t curse hyung.”

“Kevin… I’m very pissed off. I think I whatever comes out of my mouth will—“

“Just shut up… get the cake out and make it pretty.” I said. “Let’s start cleaning up before the come home...”

 

-another half hour later-

 

Yup… we need a new kitchen… majority of the mess is cleaned so well just leave it like it is

“I tried my best…” Kevin said looking at the cake. “We ran out of icing but it’s the most of what I could do…”

                                                                                              

                                            BEFORE                                                                                                       AFTER

 

“Wow, Kevin, I’m impressed.” I said. “Now that’s how you turn a piece of coal into a work of art.”

“Yeah…” Kibum started. “I guess we’re finished right? What happened today stays between us, arasso?”

“Yup.”

“We got it—“

“What’s going on…?” Eli said looking around the kitchen with big dark circles around his eyes.

“Hyung!! Here’s your cake~”

“Uh… no thanks. I was smelling smoke and thought the place was on fire. “ So we made this  piece of shi—I mean crap for nothing?

“Eli, you look tired. Why don’t you go back to sleep? You have Pops in Seoul tonight so get some rest. I hope you feel better too.”

He smiled weakly and walked back to his room.

 

Well, I guess you can say that for Operation K: Mission accomplished

...but slightly failed :P

 

----------------------------------

 

Second update of today <3

Comments are loved

Ni rang wo hao kai xing <3 <3