Phrase 24

Song Of Love

 

“Where is it? Why it isn’t here?” You rummage your bag to find your notebook and you found it wasn’t there. All your classmates saw your panic state but didn’t dare to ask you, only staring at you curiously.

You panicked because you lost your notebook. There was written all the bad things Baekhyun done to you and note about what you would say to your mother later. You sat on your seat helplessly. You put your hands on your head. Thinking where you dropped your notebook. You sighed as you thought about what Chanyeol said to you. He said to you to be careful with Junmyeon.

 

*flashback*

“He? You meet with Junmyeon hyung?!!” Chanyeol said to you and paused a while after you say to him that you meet Junmyeon before. “So that’s why Baekhyun is in his foul mood now”

“Is Baekhyun sunbae and Junmyeon never have a good relationship?” You asked.

“Hm? It’s not like that. Junmyeon hyung grow up to be the heirs of Byun’s. Meanwhile Baekhyun, because he is the youngest and get spoiled, he always choose his own path. Both of them had a different vision”

“But why Baekhyun sunbae is that angry?”

“Because you disturbed by Junmyeon hyung” Chanyeol answered you then chuckled lightly.

“Ha?”

You tried to process what Chanyeol said to you and you felt your face become hot.

“Haa?”

“The main thing is, you must be careful with Junmyeon hyung” Chanyeol warned you. “Seems like Baekhyun don’t want you being acquaintance with him”

*end of flashback*

 

You massaged your temple. Without Chanyeol said that to you, you didn’t want to meet again with Junmyeon. Because he was scary. You rose up from your seat. Decide to go back to your dorm since your class already end since before. When you clung your bag, you felt your phone vibrating. You took out your phone from your bag and saw unknown number calling you. You slide the screen and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Sorry for the inconvenience. I’m Hyunwoo”

You knitted your eyebrows as you hear the name. Feel a bad feeling.

“Eh?”

“Actually I found a notebook in the car. I wondered, is it that yours?” Hyunwoo asked you.

“Mine!!!!” You yelled at the phone and gained the attention again. You looked at the other students and mumbling sorry to them.

“Are you can take it now? I’m in front of your dorm now”

“Eum! I’ll go there now!!”

You ended the call and quickly run to your dorm to meet with Hyunwoo. You felt grateful that you didn’t lose your notebook forever.

And you couldn’t hid your shocked face when you saw Junmyeon inside the car with his smile pestered on his face. Why he was here? You thought.

Junmyeon opened the window. “Hello!”

You gaped when he said that and you turned your head to see Hyunwoo smile at you. “Better if we talk inside the car” He made you entered the car absentmindly and he quickly sitting on the driver seat. He the engine and drove the car.

“Eeeeh??!”

You have been kidnapped twice by Junmyeon.

 

***

 

Lee Raa walked toward the library. She took one book that she need and entered deep inside the library. The part that the quietest for study. She walked toward there and saw Baekhyun already seating there. She sat beside Baekhyun without greeted him. Then she and Baekhyun overheard a conversation.

“So you were rejected?”

“Shut up!”

“You spend the Christmas alone? Hahahaha”

“Shut up! I thought she would go with me. But unfortunately she like another guy”

“He? Who?”

“Baekhyun from music department”

“Ha?! Really?!!”

“Don’t shout loudly! We’re in library!”

“You didn’t say to her that Baekhyun always underestimate a girl?”

Lee Raa felt an uncomfortable silent. She turned her head to look at Baekhyun. “You don’t want to deny that?” She finally break the silence.

Baekhyun glanced at Lee Raa. “For what? It’s stupid”

“If it is you, she will do that”

Baekhyun startled after Lee Raa said that. But he kept maintaining his facial expression.

“Lately, there was an incident like that too. ‘Who said that?!! Are you see that yourself?!’ She was grumbling like that”

Baekhyun palmed his face. Feeling a little embarrassed and confused.

“But, I once laughed because I talked about you like them” Lee Raa paused a while. She turned her head to look at Baekhyun and flashed a smile. “You are lucky to have partner like her”

Baekhyun only silent, didn’t give any answer. Then he looked at his phone and Ra Eum’s name blinked on the screen. She called him. He exited the library to answer the phone.

“ANSWERED?!!!!”

Baekhyun pull away the phone from his ear because Ra Eum screamed on the phone.

“Hello? Baekhyun? Hello? Hello?”

“If it’s not important, I’ll hung up!” Baekhyun said with annoyed tone.

“Eh? Don’t!!! It’s about you…”

“Ha?”

“I’m driving my car now. And when I stopped at the stoplight before, I don’t know if my eyes tricked me or not, but I saw you inside the car beside mine. And the driver is Junmyeon’s secretary! Eh? Or you already know about it?”

Baekhyun sighed. “No. I don’t know about it. I even prohibited her to meet with him”

“Ng… About that… I think it is impossible”

“Ha?”

“It is only my opinion. Maybe Junmyeon prefer to meet with you than you… And maybe she can’t reject that. This sounds impossible… But maybe if it is via you, he can more appreciate you”

Baekhyun silent after he heard that and he think a while.

“Eh? Baekhyun? Are you still there?”

“Ra Eum si, I want you to do something for me”

 

***

 

“No!!! Why I should do this for you!!!!!” You screamed at Junmyeon.

You were taken to one of dress shop. Your hands clutched on the curtain. Refuse to try the dresses Junmyeon had picked for you.

“You kidnapper!!!” You screamed again, didn’t care the store clerks were eyeing you confusedly. “Just give me back my notebook!!”

“Hey, I have a reason for doing this to you” Junmyeon walked closer to you. He leaned closer to your ear. “Transcript scenario” He whispered.

You looked at Junmyeon scarily after he said that. He already read your notebook. And you knew that he was threatened you with that.

“I’m similar with your mother, don’t accept if any family member that entered music industry. I want to talk with you more” Junmyeon said to you.

You more scared of him. What he mean with ‘more’.

“Tonight, there will be a family gathering. You will introduced here. Don’t worry” Hyunwoo said that to you. And you couldn’t not to worry what would happened later.

“I… I’ll say it one more time!!!” You shouted.

“Hm?”

You let off the curtain and looked at Junmyeon straight. “It’s useless if you want me to ask Baekhyun sunbae to stop his career in music. What do you want?! I already rejected it! I’m serious!!” You yelled at him.

 Junmyeon cupped your cheek with his hand and flashed a smile. “How if I say that I interested at you?”

You let off Junmyeon hand from your chin harshly.

Junmyeon chuckled lightly because of your action. “Well, better if we keep that brat matter aside for now. I really happy if you want to help me about something”

You stared at Junmyeon. What help that he want from you? “About illegitimate child?” You said that mindlessly and you can see Junmyeon sighed because of what you say and Hyunwoo was holding his laughter behind Junmyeon.

“Junmyeon gukjangnim is a kind person. He never get any negative rumors about him. But now he really need your help” Hyunwoo said that to you.

You think again and turned your face brightly. “Ah! About woman, right?!”

“You…” Junmyeon sighed and sat on the sofa. He crossed his legs. “Actually political marriage is not strange for me, and I do not refuse to do it. But, I want to choose woman that I want to protect.”

You looked at him. So that’s why he want you to help him. You thinking hard, should you help him or not. Then you remembered something. There was that way.

“Give and take”

Junmyeon and Hyunwoo startled as you said that. You knew maybe Baekhyun would be mad at you again later. But, you wanted to do it.

“Even I forced to do it, I want to help you. But you must fulfil one of my wish. How?”

You really a person that like doing something stupid.

 

***

 

You entered Byun’s family house ballroom with Junmyeon walking beside you. You wear a dress that Junmyeon choose. A snow white dress. A little above the knees, with a boat neck and three quarters sleeves. All the attention turned in to you, because you attend the party with Junmyeon.

“That is Byun’s heirs. He just come back from U.S”

“Who is with him?”

You heard all the people say and tried to maintain your facial expression. Then you felt Junmyeon’s hand around your waist. He whispered something to you.

“Keep smile”

“But I won’t doing this anymore. Just this night only” You whispered back to Junmyeon

Junmyeon chuckled lightly. “It’s better if you continue being my fake girlfriend” You didn’t answered him and ready to let off his hand from your waist. And he quickly corrected his word. “I’m just joking”

You greeted all the people that Junmyeon introduce to you. Then you saw Baekbeom figure in the middle all of the people. He realized your presence and walking toward Hyunwoo’s place instead your place, because you seem really busy greeting all the people with Junmyeon.

“Wow, you come here too?” Baekbeom said to Hyunwoo as he waved at him. He stand beside Hyunwoo.

“Ah, Baekbeom si, you come too?” Hyunwoo bow at Baekbeom and continued looking at you and Junmyeon.

Baekbeom chuckled lightly after he saw you professionally greeted the people. “Is this game already get a permission from Baekhyun?” Baekbeom asked Hyunwoo.

“Permission? you si willing to do it with pleasure, if you want to know” Hyunwoo answered Baekbeom.

“He?”

Hyunwoo nodded at Baekbeom, assuring him.

“Yeah, whatever. I think she want to do it because of Baekhyun though. Am I right?”

Hyunwoo didn’t answered Baekbeom, because he didn’t want Baekbeom know too much.

 

You already greeted all the people that Junmyeon introduce to you. You feel sore on your legs because of the high heels that you wore. You searched for a vacant seat to take a break. Feeling tired.

Then Junmyeon went to your place with two glass of drink. He gave one of the drink to you. You thanked him and drink it.

“What kind of gathering is it?” You asked Junmyeon as he stand beside your seat.

“Family gathering. We regularly hold it”

“Woah, woah. My cousin!!

You and Junmyeon looked at one male that pointed at Junmyeon. His face red because of the alcohol you think. He was drunk.

“I heard it. They said, in U.S you have many enemy because of your metal hand, huh?” He said that and bowed at you as he saw you with Junmyeon. “Or you come back to Seoul because you want to run from them?” He added.

“Ah, it’s only a rumors” Junmyeon flashed a smile at him.

Then he looked at you and talked to you. “You should be careful around him. If not, you will be trapped”

You looked at the drunk man and feel annoyed because what he said. He indirectly insult Junmyeon before. You rose up from your seat and linked your hand on Junmyeon’s. You gave that guy your brightest smile. “I already trapped with him”

“Ah…”

You looked his uncomfortable gesture as he walked away from you both. You felt all the stare of people to you. Include Junmyeon. But you tried not to feel disturbed because of that.

“It is a gathering with close people, right? But I think not all people are that close with each other” You said that to Junmyeon and realized your hand still in him. You let go your hand from him. “Sorry” You murmured but you sure Junmyeon heard that.

Then Junmyeon grab your hand and kissed it. You felt a goose bumps because of Junmyeon sudden action. He looked at you and smiled. “Let’s go”. He said that to you and led you to exit the room.

“Eng… Baekbeom si? Is Baekhyun si really have a serious relationship with her?” Hyunwoo asked that to Baekbeom.

“I don’t know”

“Just now, that girl defended Junmyeon gukjangnim, right?” Hyunwoo asked that as he saw you exited the room with Junmyeon. Baekbeom didn’t give any response on it.

You walked exited the room and when you on the hallway, you saw Baekhyun leaned on the wall with his arms crossed on his chest. You couldn’t not fell surprised when you saw him. You knew you would get in trouble if Baekhyun know you still met with Junmyeon.

“Wow. Finally I can see you after 6 years” Junmyeon said that to Baekhyun. Baekhyun glanced on him. “Great. I don’t know your influence is this great” Junmyeon added as he smiled at you.

You looked at Baekhyun and saw his annoyed face. You felt a cold sweat forming. And you think of something. “Ah! I’ll let you talk with each other. I won’t interfere!” You said that and the siblings looked at you.

Baekhyun sighed. “What do you need from me?” He asked Junmyeon.

“Ah. You can’t always playing around like a child like this. Do your obligation as the Byuns. Let me choose your path” Junmyeon said that to Baekhyun.

And you felt scary because of that. Finally Junmyeon said that to Baekhyun.

“Finished?” Baekhyun said that.

“Heh?”

Baekhyun asked for your hand. “If you already finished talking to me, let me go home. Come on. You too. Let’s go back”

You went to Baekhyun and he quickly grab your hand. Ready for bring you home.

“You. This year too, you still in your world. Don’t want to hear other people’s words. Really useless”

You heard what Junmyeon said and turned your head to look at him. “You wrong!” Before you finished your words, Baekhyun’s hand already on your mouth. Preventing you to talk more.

“I already heard all of what you want to say to me. So, don’t involve her again” Baekhyun said to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon flashed a smile and crossed his hands. “Because ‘it’s not have any relation with her’?” Junmyeon asked.

“Because I don’t like other people touch anything that is mine”

You tried to let go of Baekhyun’s hand from your mouth but you failed. You didn’t like being treated as a thing.

Junmyeon chuckled lightly. “Is it your reason that you come here now?”

“Junmyeon gukjangnim, the president calling you now.” Hyunwoo appeared that told Junmyeon.

“Is it important?”Junmyeon asked.

“According to him, there’s something that you should do. Seems like there was some problem”

Junmyeon glanced at you. “Ah, it is about you?”

You feel Junmyeon eyes at you, as he accused you from something. You turned your confused face on, didn’t understand anything.

“Please leave now. If you late even for one minute, I can get trouble” Hyunwoo said that to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon sighed. “How fast I should deal with that old man” He started walking away from you and Baekhyun. Then when he passed in front of Baekhyun, he said something. “You, think about it first. You don’t want grow as a weeds, right?” He continued walking then he paused a while and turned his head. “Ah, one more. Are you know? What is owned by brother’s is also owned by oldest brother’s too”

“Eh?”

“So, it’s fine if I snatch it, right?”


 

Hello I'm back with new update! Sorry if it is too short. I'm still busy with my thesis and so on -_-"

Welcome to new subscriber!

I'm shocked that this story gain more subscribers. I'm very happy *sobs*

Hope you enjoyed this update and wish me luck with my exam and thesis. I'm in final year of my college life. Wish everything will go smoothly.

See you later ^^/