Phrase 35

Song Of Love

Hello ;)


 

“Yah. You! Why there is a bandage in your face?!!! That’s a taboo for a girl! Are you in pain?” Jinyoung asked you.

You avoid his eyes, because you confused what you should told him. You didn’t know if you really in pain or a feeling that you wanted to cry. Because, you still couldn’t forget what Rijin said to you.

 

Flashback

“One day, maybe you will be crying because of his talent, until you couldn’t bear to be in his side”

“I… I won’t be like that” You stuttered when answering Rijin’s statement.

“At first, I think like that too” You lifted your face to see Rijin’s face and she looked really serious about what she said., “I don’t know why, everytime I see you, I become angry” after said that, Rijin stand up and turned her body, “Whatever. I’ll go now”

You quickly grabbed Rijin’s hand, trying to stop her. “Wait! About what you just said before, please tell Baekhyun oppa too!” After you felt that Rijin wouldn’t go, you continued. “Please stay in Korea for a little while. Don’t suddenly disappear like this!”

“I didn’t disappear. I planned not to stay here for a long time” Rijin said coldly and let off your hand from hers.

“If… If you do that, maybe that Choi Seunghyun will be disappear suddenly!”

“Ha?” Rijin looked at you with disbelief face

“That’s true!”

“Ha?” Rijin looked more confused because what you said was too sudden.

“In fact, Baekhyun’s big brother, is really mad. After you disappear, Baekhyun oppa become more useless. That’s why he was mad. Whereas, as the Byun’s successor, he shouldn’t act like that, right? I just scared, he will chase you and terrorize you. If I was you, I won’t that happened to me. Because I know what kind of human he is.”

Rijin’s face changed a little bit but you saw that she tried to keep calm after what you said to her. You continued.

“If you still wanted to leave Korea, first, try to talk with Junmyeon, so he won’t take revenge to Choi Seunghyun”

You stopped talking and showed a begging face to Rijin. Rijin stared at you with her judging face. Then she sighed and looked at your eyes then started talking to you.

“Why you are so keen?”

You keep silent.

“I just a barrier between you and Baekhyun, right?”

You clench your fist.

“Why you are so kind? You want to go back to Baekhyun, right? If you want that…” 

You couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Because you are lucky! You are so precious for Baekhyun oppa, but you still run away from him. Whatever how big I struggle, only you that always in Baekhyun’s heart!” You lifted up your face and looked at Rijin. “I hate you!”

You went silent after let out all things in your mind. You took a breath and Rijin chuckled after you stop talking. You become embarrassed.

“Finally. I understand now” Said Rijin, still giggling.

 

End of flashback

 

You squat in the middle of school hallway. Feeling embarrassed remembering that event. You felt like you want to dig a hole then entered it. You think that you were selfish and childish to say all that things to Rijin.

“Hello?”

“Ah!” You gasped. Shocked to hear Jinyoung calling you.

Jinyoung invited you to sit at the sofa near the hallway. You sat there and Jinyoung sat beside you. He started talking.

“Ng… So… I said this before. For a week I couldn’t teach you, because suddenly my teacher asked me to come with him to a concour.”

“Yeah?”

“Whereas, your level up test is coming up. I’m sorry. So, for your music companion, I already asked Baekhyun to do it ”

You gulped. You though this was too soon to face Baekhyun. But you couldn’t say no to your teacher. So you can only smile at him. Even it was looked forced. “Yes…..”

Jinyoung your hair and smiled at you. “Good. Don’t forced yourself”

“Eum!”

You went silent and started to walk away to go to your class. Baekhyun would be your music companion. You were confused. Things turned out to be like this. You become more confused and more hard to ask a help. Moreover, there was that accident and you become lazier to meet Baekhyun. Half of you felt grateful that Baekhyun was locked up himself in practice room because of his work. You sighed. The felt something vibrated from your bag. You searched your phone in your bag and found out that someone was calling you. That was Junmyeon. You answered the phone and greeted him.

“Hi. Sorry that I suddenly calling you. I want to give my thanks to you. You are free to talk right now?” Junmyeon said on the line.

You frowned. A little confused. “A thanks?”

“Because of you, finally my grandfather agree to do a surgery yesterday”

“Ah… It’s okay. So, was the surgery successful?”

“Yeah. Grandpa no need to worry about his hernia again”

“Ha?!!!” You shocked when you heard that. A little angry. Hyunwoo said like Junmyeon’s grandfather was suffering from deadly illness. You felt a little grateful that his illness was not that bad. But you felt like the dumbest person in the world to get tricked easily like that.

After that you cut out the line and went back to your class. You were already late, so you run.

 

***

 

You were practicing in dorm’s practice room. You were hearing the song that you want to sing at the graduation concert. The note was higher than your expectation. You felt a little doubt you can sing that song well.

You heard someone knocked the door and the door opened by her. There were Minseok and Ji Eul. “You still practicing?” asked Ji Eul.

“You didn’t practice with Baekhyun?” Minseok asked you too.

“Ah, that…”

“Wow. Is this song for the graduation concert?” Asked Ji Eul and you felt embarrassed because of that.

“Ah, no…. It was…” You quickly turned off the music and tried to change the topic, “Are you two will performing in the graduation concert too?”

“Yes. We will do a music duet. Cello and piano” Ji Eul answered, “What’s wrong?”

“Ah… No… It is just you have a strong image as Lu Han’s partner”

“Eh? Is it like that?” Ji Eul looked a little embarrassed and looked at Minseok. Minseok nodded at her, agreed with you.

“After Luhan sunbaenim graduated, are you will get a new partner? From the 1st grade?” You asked Ji Eul.

“Yes. Maybe I will get a new partner from 1st grade of Music Department. I’m happy when I am with other people. It is more great if she or he can play another instrument than piano” Ji Eul smiled when she said that, but you felt a little worried about that.

“But, you already in tune with Luhan sunbaenim, right?”

“Yes, but he will soon graduated. What can I do?” Ji Eul chuckled a little. Then Minseok coming closer to you and looked at you

“Hey, Baekhyun is still in 2nd grade. You don’t have to worry about that for now” Minseok said a little teasing you.

You felt hot after Minseok said that. He got you.

“What if we call Baekhyun now?” Minseok said and took out his phone. You quickly stopped him.

“No, no! Don’t do that. It will make more confused” After you said that you realized that you already said a non sense. You palmed your face with your hand. You heard Minseok laughed a little

“Alright. Maybe this is an effect of night time!” Minseok said

You lifted up your face. “Ha? Night time?”

“Yes. Nightime can make people more confused and more flustered”

“Ah, yes. Minseok is right!” Ji Eul chuckled agreed with Minseok and continued, “Ah, let me tell you something. I like playing music with different people. It can make me more skilled. So it doesn’t matter if my partner is changed. So don’t worry about that”

“Ah, one more from me” Minseok said, “Even if we graduated in different year, the probability we will get a same university is high. Because, not many university have a music department. So, don’t worry. We will all feel a graduation feeling”

Minseok and Ji Eul smile at you. You give your smile back to them. You decided you couldn’t feel shaky because of the future that not fixed. But still, you felt a little worried, will you have a happy future?
 

***

 

“What???!”

“Ssssttt!!!”

You met with your sister at your father’s workplace. You told her all what happened to you before. And as you expected, she got all excited and half mad at you.

“You…. In order to reunite your boyfriend and his ex, you got three stitches in your head?! Why you are so stupid?!!” Your sister yelled at you.

You felt embarrassed and half dizzy when your sister said that. You palmed your face as you didn’t want your sister looked at your expression.

“He is not my boyfriend!” You said. “And she is not his ex-too!”

Your sister smirked and teased you, “He? But just before you said ‘It’s cheating! I like him more!’, right?”

“I didn’t said that!! Why you make me more confused that before!! Stop it!!!” You ducked your head on to the table. Rin watched you and chuckled. Sandeul wake up from his seat and looked at you.

“Hey. I think today is not good. I think he wouldn’t come back until midnight” He said

You looked at Sandeul, “Is it? Alright…”

“What if you teaching you, as father’s substitute?” Rin said.

Sandeul stared at you and squinted his eyes to you. You felt a little afraid of him. Then Sandeul throw something to your head. You felt a little pain because of that.

“Hey! Don’t be rude to my sister!” Rin yelled at Sandeul

You took what Sandeul just throw at you. And it was a throat lozenge.

“Your father isn’t here. Just eat that and go home” After said that Sandeul exited the room and went somewhere that you didn’t know.

“Haaaaa What a rude man” Rin said. “By the way, you have trouble with express you feeling to Baekhyun, right?”

“Ha?”

“What if instead of you, I will said it to him?”

“NOOOO!!!”

Rin chuckled, “Nah, just like that. Don’t be depressed and blame yourself. Your words aren’t selfish at all. If you want to say anything you want to her, you can do it. That Rijin girl certainly will hear you. And the end, what you should do is bring Baekhyun, so this matter will end beautifully!”

You sigh. Deep breathly. “So, I’m not selfish, then?” You sat helplessly

“Eh?” Rin went near you. “Hey, are you regret that you do singing now?”

“No”

“That’s right. Because of that, you can meet me and appa now, right?”

You smiled, “Ah, you are right!”

You think deeply with happy feeling. You think, actually you didn’t have to think weird things that not necessarily. You felt happy that you always have people that ready to correct or give advice to you. For now, you think you just only do what you can do and reach something that become your target.

 

***

 

Chanyeol wandered around the school. He searched Baekhyun. Then he heard a song played with piano. He thought that must be Baekhyun who played it. But the play seems a bit off. He walked toward the practiced room that he thought Baekhyun must be there. Then he met with Minseok.

“Hey, Chanyeol! Looking for Baekhyun?” Jongdae chirped

“Eum. Is he there?” Chanyeol pointed at one of the practice room

“Yes, he is there. His play already checked by the teacher. And the teacher said, ‘It was great, but is it only like that?’ “ Jongdae said imitating the way the teacher said. “What’s wrong with Baekhyun actually? I see that he struggling so hard, but he always do one or two mistakes”

Chanyeol bid goodbye with Jongdae, he walked toward where Baekhyun was. He opened the door and saw Baekhyun playing the piano. He looked where Baekhyun’s fingers playing the piano. Then he realized something.

“Baekhyun!!!” Chanyeol run to Baekhyun and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, “What are you doing!!!”

Baekhyun stopped playing, “Chanyeol?” Baekhyun looked at the piano and realized. There was a blood on it. “Ah, that why it feel a bit slippery when I played it”

“Why you are so relaxed like that?” Chanyeol sighed and release Baekhyun hand, “Is that from your nail?”

“No. The score scratches my fingers”

Baekhyun upturned his hand to Chanyeol

“What?”

“Handkerchief, please?”

“Ah” Chanyeol gave his handkerchief and Baekhyun used it to clean the piano, not his fingers.

“Don’t worry, I’ll bandage it later” Said Baekhyun as he heard what in Chanyeol’s mind.

“Ah yes. That time, you bring you’s insurance card to hospital, why?” Chanyeol asked but Baekhyun only silent. “Perhaps…. You mistreat the poor and helpless you??!! You cruel guy!!!”

“Stupid!” Baekhyun yelled at Chanyeol

“So, why?” Chanyeol asked

Baekhyun sighed, “I just… I can’t believe that I can be shocked about that”

“About you’s injury ?”

“Ah, she always injured herself because of her own stupidity”

“So…. Is that because of Shin Rijin ?”

Baekhyun looked shocked. But he didn’t say anything.

“Yeah. I thing they two frequently meet with each other. Ah, she came looking for you to return you’s belonging”

“What?! You! Why you never tell me about that?!!” Baekhyun yelled at Chanyeol then feel dizzy, thinking about what you have doing behind his back.

Chanyeol chukled seeing Baekhyun’s attitude. “Hey, I never see you got rookery like that. What a rare view. Whatever you think and do, just finish what matter between you, you, and Rijin. I feel a little worried, because there’s something that different in you’s face”

“Different?”

Chanyeol went speechless as Baekhyun asked that. “Hey. Please. You are her partner, right? Are you guys too busy with your own practice until when you are together you didn’t talk and do eye contact?”

 

***

 

“Hm? Piano sound? Ah, that’s Baekhyun. Of course it is better if I asked Baekhyun”

 

You woke up. You slept in practice room and woke up. You massage your temple. Feeling dirty because you must practice but you went sleep before.

“Because I overslept, I dream a weird thing” You said in your mind

You stopped the CD that was playing in the room. Then you thinking, if you always practice with CD, was the result will according your expectation or not. Even you sometimes felt scared and wanted to cry, you prefer to sing if someone playing the song with piano.

You come back to your sense as you heard someone knocked the door.

“Are you still here? I will lock the school” Said the security.

“Ah?!!” You didn’t realized that it was already dark outside. You quickly tidying your belonging and be ready to go to your dorm.

“You are from vocal class? Practice is good, but don’t strain yourself.”

“Al…” Your voice got cut. You couldn’t say what you want to say then you coughing.

You lost your voice.

 


Hello thereeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed you so much!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ((over reacting))

So finally I have time to update this story. I'm so busy with hellish worklife. huft

I didn't proofread this chapter, because I know there were many of you waiting for this update. I hope this update can fullfil your expectation. Don't leave meeeeee~~~

I'll try to write little by little for next chapter when I have time. I hope I have many time like today so I can write the story.

So, I hope you enjoy this chapter and see you in next chapter ^^/