Phrase 2

Song Of Love

Your school has a motto “Create an independence and freedom”. For supporting students activity, your school have many facilities. And one of that is a special dorm for selected studentss that make other students envy.

“Welcome to Sky Dormitory” You are now in Sky dormitory. Chanyeol is the head of the dorm. He showed you around the dorm and explain about the facilities and rules.

“In first floor there’s a room called Taeyang Room. There are an infirmary and cafeteria. In basement there are music room and computer lab for informatics department students. And students room is on the second and third floor”

You hear his explanation lazily. You still can’t believe you must stay in here. You hear that this dorm made for a nobility who can’t stand despised by the commoners. Because this dorm built in uphill, the location is higher than other dorm and building. People who envied the Sky Dorm resident called it “heaven”. But you don’t think so. Because you must climb the stairs to reach the dorm like a fool. Then Chanyeol showed you your room.

“Room 211. It is your room.”

You amazed to see the room. The room is very large and there are a kitchen and a bathroom in it. Like a hotel you think.

“If compared by others, this dorm prioritizes the students privacy. Things that you need already available in your room. There may be people who had never been face to face with each other despite having lived together here for 3 years until they graduate”

“Hah?” You surprised with Chanyeol explanation that maybe all the resident in Sky Dom is an anti-social people.

Chanyeol chuckled, “That’s why, there is a “pairing system”. You are paired with Baekhyun, right?”

“Euh! Don’t talk about him!” Your mood suddenly down because you hear actually Baekhyun is your pair.

“Because there prioritize the privacy, you are required to keep each other. Fellow partner should be responsible for their partner”

You gasped, “What do you mean responsible for their partner?!” You see Chanyeol is grinning now. You don’t like to know that you have responsible for Baekhyun as you hear he is wild and playboy. That means he is an unruly. “No! I can’t do that!”

“Sorry, but I’m worried about him”

“Ha?”

“Although this dorm isn’t strict, but there are still a rules. As you can see, Baekhyun always act without restraint. I've been friends with him from childhood. He wasn’t afraid of punishment. Until now, I could cover up his foul because I am the head of this dorm. But that only can I do until I graduated. And now I found person that can watched over him”

Your eye get bigger as you hear Chanyeol “You mean that is me?”

“Of course. I don’t say you do that without any benefit. Depends on your work, maybe you can get back to your regular department”

“So, this is all your work? Make me transferred to another department and entered this dorm?!”

Chanyeol sit in your sofa’s room then chukled, “No, no like that. I don’t have that high authority to do that. I just think that you and Baekhyun seem like match to be paired. If about the department transfer, that was decided by the principal”

“Ha? Why?”

“I don’t understand it too” Then Chanyeol stand up and give you your room keys “One is entrance key and another is your room key”

You look around your room and it is so big and luxury. Then you notice there is one door that you don’t know what room that is. So you asked Chanyeol “What room is it?”

“Ah, that is Baekhyun’s room”

“Hah?” Your eyes got bigger as you surprised by Chanyeol said. Your mind got blank. You don’t believe it that you are have Baekhyun as your roommate.

“Have I not told you yet? Every pair will become a roommate”

You feel like being struck by thunder. Not only the transferred department and entered a special dormitory, now you're rooming with men and that is Baekhyun, people who make your life that unlucky become more miserable.

“At first, this pair system is the currently principal idea. He said ‘With pairing senior student with junior students, the dorm rules will run properly. With other students that caring each other, the students heart that far away with their parents will become strong’ That sound great, yeah”

You sigh. Didn’t think that the principle have weird thought like that. Then you hear someone knocked on the door. Then you looked at the door and see the boy that always with Chanyeol.

“Sorry, Chanyeol”

“Ah! Kai, what a coincidence! Come here. Let me introduce him to you.” Chanyeol asked Kai to get in then introduce him to you “He is my pair, Kim Jongin, 2nd grade from informatics department. You can called him Kai”

You surprised. Why Chanyeol’s pair is a boy. “So.. The pairing isn’t must be boy and girl, right?”

“Yes.. Any will do”

“But.. But… My pair is a boy. If a girl and a boy live in same room, it’s not good, right?” You try to explain what is in your mind. You think that usually  boy and girl can live in the same room when they reached particular ‘level’. But seems like Chanyeol can read your mind, he cut your talk.

“Ah. In here, romantic relationship between dorm resident isn’t forbidden. Besides, we are high schooler now. So, you should can take care of yourself. But you and Baekhyun already friends, right? It’s great, that’s right, Kai?”

You frowned. Can take anything what Chanyeol said to you. Then you hear Kai say something to you.

“Sorry, I must say this to you. I lost Baekhyun when he get off from school, seems like he won’t come back to the dorm any soon”

“I guess it right. He run again. Fighting for you” you hear Chanyeol words like give you a warning than a cheer. You showed your ‘Idontunderstand’ face to Chanyeol then he smiled to you.

“Curfew here at 9pm. If late, you will get a penalty. Who collect a certain number of points penalty will be able to get a punishment”

“Who will get the penalty?” You asked and feel a bad feeling about that

“Of course you two. The penalty is can’t go out in day off or doing a social activity, even can’t go home when it is holiday”

“No! I must go home when it is holiday!” Even you have let off your task to take care your twin brother, you still worried with your house situation. If it possible, you want to go home everyday.

“All depends on you”

You can’t think anything and don’t want hear anything from Chanyeol again. You run to look Baekhyun before the curfew. You don’t want to follow Chanyeol’s say but you don’t want to get a penalty because of Baekhyun.

“That girl, I pitied her” Kai talked to Chanyeol in their room. Kai prepared an afternoon tea with cracker for Chanyeol.

“Yes, kasihan sekali, right?” Chanyeol sit in his sofa. He closed his book and take the tea from Kai.

“But seems ike you are happy”

“Of course. I don’t have to watched over Baekhyun again now. I don’t know why, I think Baekhyun seems like need her. That’s my assumption”

“If your assumption is wrong, what a pity”

“Yeah, for now, let themselves face it alone”

The sun start to set. You still try to find Baekhyun. Even you want to find him, you don’t know where he could go. Then you feel your stomach aching.

“Ah, I haven’t have a lunch. It is my gastritic enemy” You walk slowly to the dorm gate with your hand in your stomach.

“If I have a hole in my gastric, I must ask Baekhyun and Chanyeol responsible”

You wondered. You supposedly in the Sun dormitory. Drinking a tea with ribbon and white lace tablecloth. What tragedy. Then you see Baekhyun in front of the gate bring something in his hand. You run automatically to him, forgetting the ache in your stomach.

“BAEKHYUN SUNBAENIM!” You yelled to Baekhyun and see he turned his head to you. You stop running and panted.

“Finally… I found you… Please come back to the dorm” you talk to Baekhyun as you trying to get your breath to normal.

“Ordered by Chanyeol, huh? He is really troublesome. I don’t want to come back. I hate narrow place”

You surprised. He say that big room is narrow. You can’t believe it.

“Baekhyun sunbae. If you breaking the curfew, I’ll get the penalty too!! That’s why I’ll bring you back to the do…” then suddenly you feel your aching stomach is back. You hold your stomach and sit on the ground. You failed to scold Baekhyun.

You are now sitting in the dorm park bench, eating a kimbap from Baekhyun. You show this kind of you to Baekhyun twice now

“You have a gastritic, right?” You chocked to hear that. Is it really obvious you think

“Why you know about that?!”

“Chanyeol told me before”

You sigh. Thinking. As far as what Chanyeol investigate you and tell Baekhyun about you.

“Gastritic, transferred to another department, entered special dorm, paired with me, what a pity”

You frowned and want to say to Baekhyun it is all happened because of him. But you can’t tell him because you scared of him.

“For me, pairing is troublesome. Make trouble. You are told by Chanyeol to watched over me, right? With the promise you can go back to your original department and stay at Sun Dorm”

You think Baekhyun is great because he can guess all of this.

“Whereas that was for his pleasure only, right?”

“But, we already paired. If you breaking the rule, later I’ll get the penalty too”

“I know, that’s why I pitied you because Chanyeol doing that to you. Given an attention or a penalty isn’t a problem for me”

You don’t understand with Baekhyun said. You just showed him your not understand face and he grab your wrists and pushed your body make your back meet the bench. He is above you now, straddled at you.

“I think how we can escape from all of this. How? Want to make a problem? Are you already know? Romantic relationship between dorm resident isn’t forbidden but student that make a proble will be expelled from school”

“EEEEEEHHH?!!!” You don’t want to be expelled from school. Maybe Baekhyun is fine with that, but you aren’t. “Why sunbae always doing whatever you want?!”

“It is you that make me doing this. I always doing what I want. Why should I change my attitude for you? You think, how high is your pride?”

You surprised with Baekhyun’s words. You feel a hot tears out from your eyes. You are crying now. Baekhyun gasped seeing your tears and he let go his hand from your wrists and stand up. You feel miserable to crying in front of Baekhyun. You don’t want to do it but your tears betrayed you. You wake up and sit in the bench as you erase your tears with your back hand.

“Oh, . Why girls are always like that?! Annoying! You think all will be solved with crying?!”

“I… I don’t intend to cry” You put your hands on your face, feeling embarrased from crying in front of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun give his back to you and turned his head “Let’s go!”

“He?” Then you see Baekhyun walk to the dorm direction.

“Don’t ‘He?’ me! Do something with your face before we reached the dorm!”

You are happy that Baekhyun want to go back to the dorm. You asked him to wait for you. Then he take another way to get the dorm. You confused why he don’t take the way you know. Then he showed you there is an elevator to the dorm. You surprised because you didn’t know there is an elevator to get the dorm beside to climb the stair.

You are thinking in your own mind about what Baekhyun said before. He asked you how high is your pride. That words make you really scared of him. You feel like a hidden button inside of you being pressed when he said that. Before you realised, you already reached the dorm.

“He?! We are reached it already? My puffy eyes…”

Baekhyun turned his head to you and give you the plastic bag that he bring before. You wear that to close your head and have your hand in Baekhyun’s clothes because you can’t see anything, so you only depend on him to reach your room.

“I know you are here not because you want it. But I don’t need a watchmen. I have said that. But I think I like your face with that plastic bag”

Baekhyun said that to you. You keep quiet because you don’t want he doing something ridiculous again to you. This is your first day in the dorm and you already experience many unlucky things. You hope things will be get better tomorrow.

You wake up in the morning. You have a good sleep since you are tired yesterday. You go to the refrigerator in your living room and there’s only a water. You feel your eyes still puffy but you feel a little relieved as you crying yesterday. You determined yourself you will watched over Baekhyun carefully so you will go back to regular department even you think that is impossible.

You start to tidy up your room. You haven’t tidy up your stuff. You start to let out your stuff from the box but you suddenly remember that your room have kitchen in it. You want to buy groceries to fill up the refrigerator and cooking. You go out from your room. You locked the door and see Baekhyun with a woman that looked surprised to see you.

“Bu…” Baekhyun’s guest said something but you don’t understand

“Bu? What?” You asked her with your confused face. Then she yelled at you.

“Buglar!!! What do you do in Baekhyun’s room!!!!” Then she pushed you till you fall to the floor with your head first. How unlucky you to start the day being accused as a buglar. Baekhyun only showed his surprised face. Really, all about Baekhyun is bad for you.

“I’m really sorry to pushed you before!!! I don’t know that you are his roommate!” The woman apologized to you. You have your head with an ice package in it. You have your head swollen because your head hit the floor before. It is really hurt till you can’t say anything to answer her.

“I think you're a stalker who secretly entered Baekhyun’s room and after him! Please forgive me!!”

You hate that she thinking of you like that. You think you don’t have a stalker face and why should you stalked Baekhyun? He is the one that make your live more miserable now.

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked you “Your head hit the floor hard enough before, right?”

“Ah, yes. But I’m fine”

“That’s good” You see Baekhyun smiled at you. But then he say “You really unlucky, huh? What a joke…”

You are angry to Baekhyun. This unlucky event was because of him indeed. But as always, you can’t say that to him.

 “Ah, Ra Eum ssi, you take care of her. I want to go out” 

“Eh?! Baek.. Baekhyun!”

You see Baekhyun go out from the room and the woman’s face looked like she want to cry. Then Chanyeol entered the room “Woah, he always like that. Always lazying around.” You heard Chanyeol sigh “If you want to get a breakfast, I’ll get it for you. You stay here” Then you thanked him and see he go.

You turned your head and see Baekhyun’s guest sit helplessly “Eung… Are you okay?” you asked her.

“Ah, I’m sorry not to introduce myself before. I’m Yoon Ra Eum” She get up and introduce helself.

“Eung.. Ra Eum ssi… Are you Baekhyun’s girlfriend, or…?”

“Ah! No! I’m not his girlfriend! Ah, please drop the formality.” You see her looking something in her bag and while she found it she showed it to you “This” It is a CD. You don’t know whose CD is that. “If you have time, please hear it. That is collection of mini-theater movie soundtrack. Baekhyun made it”

You surprised that Baekhyun made a mini-theater movie soundtrack album. You received the CD that Ra Eum give to you and she start tell you something.

“Since middle school, I already become Baekhyun’s manager. He intentionally hide his job. He make a movie soundtrack and aranging songs too. But after he entered high school, he didn’t take any job again. However, I still want him to make a song. Because of that, I always come every weekends to persuade him, but he never accept that”

You know one thing again about Baekhyun. He already work as a composer since he was in middle school. Then you remembered that you hear he win a contest and others. He is actually great you think.

“But, I’ll never give up” Then you feel Ra Eum hands holding yours and she come closer to you “Please help me! Give me your strenght to make him work again!!!”

You startled. Why everyone asking your help about Baekhyun?! He is really bad for your live.

Ra Eum already go now. You go out from your room and go to the music practice room in your dorm. You see Baekhyun inside. You know that Baekhyun made a song since he was in middle school, can played piano, and very skilled in it, but why his attitude is that wild. Is that his real personality or not. You think God sometimes unfair. There are people that very skilled and can walk in his path alone, and there are people that unlucky that always get a tragedy. You hear Baekhyun’s play and sit in front of the practice room door. You wondered why Baekhyun stop make a song. You think he didn’t hate music because he always play piano beautifully. Baekhyun is really misterious person for you.


Yohoo~ New chapter~ I hope you enjoyed it

Thankyou for upvoting my story! I really appreciate it and spare me for grammar error and typos

I'm on holiday now, so I think I can update more frequently because I kinda idle till next February.

So see you in next chapter~