Phrase 20

Song Of Love

How did it feel when you live together with people who may not initially to be close, but after a long time you accustomed to be with him, and then now started to like him?

“Don’t joking around!!” Baekhyun shouted at you and his eyes looked straight at you “Because of you went without permission, I get the penalty too! What is it, hah?! Though I've bothered by you, so you can’t get bad score! But is it what you do for me?!”

“This… Is my room, right?”

You barely woke up and you found yourself already clutched by Baekhyun and scolded by him. What a great fantasy.

 

***

 

“This is the former of Sun Dorm. But once we built a new building, now it become a warehouse. Then, your task is cleaning this building”

The principal explained to you and Baekhyun what your penalty. You and Baekhyun gaped when seeing the building that you must cleaned. There were many boxes, about more than thirty boxes. The principal opened one of the boxes and showed you what was inside. There were a vinyl record. Many of them.

“I have a lot vinyl record at home. I thought I can made a library here. I've been clean up this a little, but my waist become hurt after I cleaned it before”

After the principal said that, Baekhyun showed him his annoyed face and gave a face that said ‘you must cleaned it yourself’

“What a relief. You have two people to help you”

You looked to another side and there were Chanyeol, Luhan, Jongdae, Minseok, Ji Eul sat on one of the sofa in the room. They were drinking a tea and coffee with cake happily.

“How if we make this place turned into a café?”

“Great! I love that idea!”

“The light is good, like a salon”

“The sofa color’s is good too”

“So, that work is their penalty. So, you can’t help them” Chanyeol said that to others with his trademark grin.

“Huwaaang. I’m really sorry you!” Jongdae said to you

You glanced at Baekhyun and saw his face really not good. His scary face. You didn’t know what make you dare to now.

“But, I skipped my class because of Baekhyun sunbae, right?”

“What?!” Baekhyun said that then clenched his fist, threatened you then you apologizing to him.

“Sorry! Sorry!”

“Baekhyun, you, come here, I’ll explained to you how to write the data” Kai said and he the computer.

You and Baekhyun approached him and listened carefully what he explained to you. You didn’t want to mess up because it would double your work later.

“Wah, Baekhyun become cute, right?” The principal said to Chanyeol

“Let’s think about it. What happened to those both during missing yesterday?” Chanyeol chuckled and take a sip of his coffee

“I don’t know. But they made the teachers worried”

You heard the conversation between Chanyeol and the principal and you sure that Baekhyun heard that too. You really embarrassed to hear that. And actually you didn’t say to them your reason why you skipped your class. If you said that you skipped your class because you chased Baekhyun, it would be the most embarrassing moment in your life. If you remembered that, you want to run while screaming.

“Stop daydreaming! Don’t be lazy! I’ll work this and you do there!” Baekhyun shouted and you while him dividing the work. You sighed and went to another side.

You looked out of the window while you tying your hair. You saw behind the bushes there was a girl standing there. Your eyes met with her eye but then she turned her body and walked away from there. You looked intensely to her but then you felt an evil presence.

“Start working!” Baekhyun yelled at you. And you started working quickly.

You started working from the shelves. You clean up the box on the shelf one by one. When you bring down one of the boxes, you opened it and there was a light blue package with polka dot print. You take it and opened the package.

“Wow, it is a CDs” You murmured and Baekhyun saw that

“Is that a trash too?” Baekhyun asked you and Chanyeol looked at CD that you hold

“Maybe it was left by the former occupants. Just keep it” Chanyeol said

Then you put that on one of the boxes and input the data. The other students looked at the boxes one by one excitedly.

“I never touch a vinyl record before” Chanyeol said while he took one of the vinyl record

“Heee? Are you serious” Jongdae asked

“Eum. Because today is CDs era. I never touch the player too. What about you, you?” Chanyeol suddenly asked you

“Ah? Ng… My father have a little collection of it” You answered while you wrote the data

“My family too. We have an audio room in our house. Opera maniac. We have LD room too” Jongdae said brightly.

Baekhyun only glanced at you with suspicious gaze. You approached him and made a face.

“What?! Don’t give me that kind of gaze!”

Baekhyun smirked and sing song “Ah, nothing~”

You sighed and thinking. Wondering, how far Baekhyun had investigated about your past. You closed your eyes then suddenly you remembered about your father. You father’s room that full of the vinyl record. Then you smiled and feel energized.

“It’s fun! It make my spirit go up!”

“You don’t regret that you skipped your class?” Baekhyun made a face and said that to you. Then he turned his body and back doing something that he do before.

“I regret that…. I’m sorry”

Maybe if you were still you that used to, you would feeling weak when considering your father and your stomach disease would occur when you saw all the pile of the boxes. But you were now so feel homesick when you saw that. You smiled and continued your work happily.

 

***

 

You walked at the school’s hallway with the vinyl record data papers. You looked at the announcement board and there was a choir competition announcement and it recruited a member now.

“Eh? Gold prizes?”

“You want to join choir team?”

“Eh?” You turned your hear to see who was talking to you and you saw two girls approaching you.

“If you want, just come to look around. We practice at music room number 2” One of the girl said that to you. But then another girls whispered to her “Wait! She is…”

“Ah! We only recruited people that have an experience. Sorry” then the girl that asked you before changed her word.

You squinted your eyes and sighed. Why people in music department still couldn’t accept you.

“Wow. I just heard about it”

“Eh?”

You turned your head to see who was talking. That was the girl that you saw before from the window in ex Sun Dorm building.

“Some of the regular starters department also, right? Or is it just my imagination?” She said

“Ah! Lee si!” The girl tried to explain something but she her heels and walked away. You run after her.

“Wait!” You walked behind her and followed her. She went to the school library and stopped in one of the shelf. “Lee si? Thank you” You said

Lee turned her head to see you. “For what?” She asked

“Ng… That… For helping me?”

“I didn’t intend to help you”

“But…”

“Enough, anyway I'm not a person who like to gossip. 'Why do people like her was transferred to the music department? Why she can enter Sky Dorm? 'Although I was also wondering like most of people here”

You flustered after hear that. And couldn’t think anything besides apologized to her “Sorry…”

“For what?”

You flustered again but before you answered her, she talked first.

“It’s useless for you to apologize to me. I’m one of the people that against you”

You silent after hear that. Can’t doing anything or answered anything. Then you hear someone called your name. That was Jin Young. He approached you and he saw Lee standing beside you. He only quietly saw Lee then Lee bow her head to Jin Young. After that she walked away.

“What’s wrong?” Jin Young asked you

“Nothing…” Then you think something. That girl’s was ‘Lee’ and you remembered about Jin Young pair’s name was Lee Nan.

“Is she have any relation with Lee Nan ssi?” You asked Jin Young

“Yes, she is his niece! Her name is Lee Raa” Jin Young chuckled and started his story “She is in 1st grade and in vocal class like you. She always practice hard. All the teachers compliment her. She is kind student”

“I know. She was helping me before”

Jin Young grabbed your hand with shining eyes and cried “Seriously?!! Are you serious know that she is a good girl?!!!”

You startled because of the sudden holding hand and cried from Jin Young. You only nodded at him.

“But why… Seems like she don’t like me being in around her?”

“Eh?”

“Please! Help me to make me become closer to her!! She really hate me till she don’t want to talk to me!!”

Jin Young let go your hand and he crying. You looked at him and think it would be your hardest task to make Jin Young close with Lee Raa.

 

***

 

“Sorry to make you take the evening class” Seon, a vocal teacher, said to Lee Ra

“Ah, it’s okay” Lee Raa answered her and asked “The class is still like before, right?”

“Yes, of course. But there is a private class too. You can take that too” Seon suggested Lee Raa

“Ah ne. Please guide me well”

You accidentally heard all the conversation and unconsciously waited Lee Raa outside the room. Then she walked out the room and stopped her walk when she saw you.

“Ah…” You awkwardly saw her and try to start a conversation “Jin Young sonsaeng said that you practice diligently”

Lee Raa glanced at you then her heels, walking away from you. “All students will definitely be spelled diligently by him”

You gasped hear that from her. Jin Young said to you that she hate him, but you didn’t believe it. You followed Lee Raa and called her “Lee Raa si”

Lee Raa kept walking as she said “Still remember what I said yesterday?”

“Eh? I remember it…” You answered her

Lee Raa stopped a while and looked at you “It seems like you still don’t understand. Don’t talk to me. Because I really against your transfer” After said that to you, Lee Raa walked again and left you that stunning still, tried to swallow what she said to you.

 

***

 

“Ha? Lumbago? You finished all the cleaning today?” Baekhyun stand behind you with his hands crossed in his chest.

You sat on the floor with your head leaning on the sofa. You felt tired after cleaned up the vinyl room by yourself. “Yes…”

“Stupid!” Baekhyun yelled at you.

“Why you didn’t help her, Baekhyun ah? That was a penalty for you two, right?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun. He was helping you by dragging you from the dorm’s lobby to your room because he was swing you dead tired before.

“I don’t have do that everyday, right?! There’s no time limit, right?!” Baekhyun made a face and talked back to Chanyeol

“Don’t make an excuse!”

You didn’t want to hear Chanyeol and Baekhyun bickering with each other. So you tried to reassure them that you were fine “I’m fine. I’m like this because of my own stupidness”. Yes, you didn’t careful when you lift a box, that’s why you sprained your waist.

“Anyway, from now on you have to do that with Baekhyun” Chanyeol said that to you then walked out from the room and slammed the door.

Baekhyun sighed and looked at you “That time, you said the work was fun. You lied, huh?”

“Eh?” You lift your head to see Baekhyun. You didn’t understand what he mean

“Spill it! You must be planning something there, right?!!” Baekhyun glared at you, he pleaded for an explain from you. You feel scared because of that. And what made you more surprised was he know that you actually planning something.

“No… It’s not like that…” You stuttered while answered Baekhyun.

“So why?” Baekhyun asked you, still with his venomous glare. You tried to run away from him with your tired leg, but you barely can stand up so you just sit with your chin met with your chest and closed your eyes, preventing to make an eye contact with Baekhyun.

You heard Baekhyun sighed as you feel he already give up to interrogating you further. “Let me heal your waist” You heard Baekhyun said that and startled because of that.

“Ha?”

“If I do that, maybe you can tell me easier?” Baekhyun walked closer to you and you unconsciously back away until your back met with the wall

“No! Thanks!” You said that firmly with your scared face. You saw Baekhyun appearance closer to you with his smirk on his face.

“Here, let me massage you~” Baekhyun said that with flirtatious voice still with his smirk and it made you more scared of him

“Noooo!!!!!!!!” Finally you give up to keep your mouth close. You started to spill the bean. “I… I’m just thinking. What a pity that I’m stupid. There are many people that want to be in Sky Dorm”

Your mind wandered around, remember about your conversation with Lee Raa before. About her that said why person like you can be in Sky Dorm and she against about your transfer. It was lie if you didn’t sad hearing that. It was fair she said that, but it made you fragile.

“If you want to complain, just said that to Chanyeol or the principal”

You avoided Baekhyun’s eyes. ‘No, no. It was because sunbae is useless’. You said that in your mind. But Baekhyun seems know what you were thinking because he saw you with suspicious gaze.

“Ck, really. Anyone must didn’t want to being stepped down. If I being stomped, I will stomp back. I’ll avenge that” Baekhyun said to you. You turned your head to see Baekhyun and made a face.

‘Because of that you have many enemy you know’ you said that in your mind but Baekhyun seems really can read your mind. Because after that he punched your hand.

“So what do you want?” Baekhyun asked

“Heh?”

“You want to be approved as Sky Dorm resident? Or want to be forgiven?”

“It’s not like that. Because, it is impossible I can be approved as Sky Dorm residents”

Baekhyun cupped your face with his hands and looked right into your eyes. “Don’t joking!”

You gasped with Baekhyun suddenly act. Your eyes automatically met with his furious eyes.

“Don’t easily said ‘impossible’ like that! It make me sick!” Baekhyun yelled at you. You only stared at his eyes and can’t said anything.

“Face it! Stepped it if you need, agar you can live!” Baekhyun added.

Your conscious quickly back to you as Baekhyun said that. You let off Baekhyun’s hands from your face then hit his head.

“As it easy to do than the talk!” You yelled at him and run into the door. Before you walked out from the room, you turned your head to Baekhyun. “Because of sunbae that talked like that, that’s why Ri Jin-si run away from you!!” After said that you entered your room and slammed the door.

“Run away… How dare she said that…” Baekhyun muttered with his hands palmed his head. Feeling the pain from the part that you hit before.

 

You walked on the dorm’s hall way with annoyed feeling. Why Baekhyun always looked down at other people. Maybe because he was really a monster. You stopped walking then remember you said Ri Jin’s name before. You suddenly feel regretted because of that.

You know Baekhyun was a great person. He can play the piano really well. You believe that all the Sky Dorm’s residents were proud of him. Different with you that useless. That can’t doing anything right. You feel depressed because of that.

You sighed deeply. Then you remember that Jin Young sent you a message before. You quickly check your pocket to grab your phone but it wasn’t there. You checked all the pocket in your coat, but you can’t find your phone. You were really sure that you received the message when you cleaned the vinyl record. Then you remember maybe you left your phone in the old Sun Dorm’s building, place that you cleaned before. You sighed and walked soullessly to there, to take your phone.

 

***

 

You were in front of the formed Sun Dorm’s building. You felt creepy atmosphere here, because it was really quiet there. You carefully unlocked the door and opened it. When the door fully opened, it was really dark there. You felt regretting to come here now, because you can come tomorrow when the surrounding didn’t dark like this. You searched for the switch and when you clicked it, the lamp didn’t turning on. You gave up to turn on the light. You walked deeper to the place that you cleaned before and you stopped your walk as you saw something in front of you.

You saw a light there. A candle.

You scared. Feeling the creepiness.

“Who is there?”

You said that with positive feeling that it was a person that lighted the candle.

“He… Hello? Is there someone here?” You said that with stuttered voice and you walked closer to the candle.

You grab the candle and when you turned your head to the cabinet beside you, you saw someone there. A girl that you familiar with. Before you say something, she suddenly run away from you and she bumped at you, made you fall to the floor. The candle that you hold fall from your hand and it nudge a box beside you. It started burning the box. You quickly grab a pillow and before you go back to the fire, you saw she turned her head to you a while then walked away without say anything to you. You quickly pats the fire with the pillow, tried to extinguish the fire.

Then you heard the door being slammed and you distracted because of it. And the fire become bigger as it burned the pillow too.

You panicked as you wondered, why Lee Ra was here before.


 

Thank you chrldonr for the poster!

Welcome for my new subbies!

Hope all of you enjoy my story! ^^/