Phrase 21

Song Of Love

“Near curfew time, sneaked out to old building. Then you used candle without caution. Because of inattentive, there is a fire.  Is that right, you?”

You were in the principal office with Chanyeol. The teacher in charge of Sun Dorm stand beside the principal showing her annoyed face to you. You only silent, receiving all the scolding from her.

“Yeah, we can’t called it a fire. Actually the sofa only get burned a little, right? The principal said to her with relaxed voice and smiling face.

“No! If we late, the Sun Dorm that located next to it can be burned too. This could be a big problem! This certainly has something to do with her roommates! The head of Sky Dorm should be responsible!!!” She yelled at the principal with furious tone and the principal can only silent hearing her scolding him.

“Ah… I’m really sorry, but it don’t have any relation with Chanyeol and Baekhyun sunbae” You said that to the teacher.

“I don’t need your opinion!” She yelled at you, but you didn’t want to give up yet.

“But it really don’t have any relation with them! I swear!!!” You tried with all your best for not bringing Chanyeol and Baekhyun into your problem. You didn’t want them in trouble because of you.

“What a pity, you” Chanyeol put his hand on your left shoulder to stop you say anything again. You turned your head to see him and you see he smile at you to make you feel reassured.

“Chanyeol sunbae?”

“All Sky Dorm residents’ action is my responsible. That’s why it called as the head of the dorm, right?” Chanyeol chuckled lightly and walk closer to the teacher. “We will accept all the punishment”

After said that Chanyeol bowed to the principal and to the teacher. You bowed too, following him then you both excuse yourself and went out from the office.

“Baekhyun surely will be mad because of this” Chanyeol said to you then chuckled lightly.

You didn’t think this problem would become bigger like this. You walked behind Chanyeol and apologize to him. “I’m really sorry to make this problem!”

Chanyeol stopped walking and smiled to you. “Don’t worry. I’m really okay”

“No! Please forgive me! You can blame me as you want” You said that with not cool tone. Panicked.

“Instead of worrying about me, better if you think about that scary monster, right?” said Chanyeol with his smile still on his face and your mind become blank. You didn’t know what Baekhyun will do if he know about this.

 

***

 

“Ho… Community service during 10 days, huh…?” Baekhyun stand in front of you with broom in his hand. He said that with his furious glare and annoyed face.

“I… I’m sorry…” You avoided Baekhyun’s glare because you were too scared. You lift a bucket and when you started to mop the floor, someone appeared.

“Ah, are you that who will cleaned this room?” A beautiful woman appeared and you recognize her. She was Lee Raa’s teacher. “Sorry for the troublesome” She added and continued “So many music’s pieces from the principal. After you cleaned it, can you array that in to the shelf?”

You saw many boxes around the room and you can’t doing anything besides nodded at her. Then she left you with Baekhyun and you started to work.

“Baekhyun sunbae, you can sit. Let me do all the work” You said that because you feel guilty toward him.

“Huh? Okay?”

Then Baekhyun sit and saw you started cleaning the room. He saw you lift the box and feeling pain on your waist. But he didn’t do anything. So you lift all the box alone, but then you hear something from next room. You went to the door and opened it a little, you peeked and saw Lee Ra with the teacher before. She was singing beautifully. You awestruck when you seeing that. Lee Raa was same with you, only in 1st grade but she can sing solo. If that was you, you must be scared.

You closed the door and leaned in to it.  You ducked your head and sighed. But before you realize it, Baekhyun already trapped you. His hand pinned on the wall and his face already in front of you. You startled when you realize it.

“Ha?” You looked straight into Baekhyun’s eyes. But then Baekhyun pushed the door behind you, to see what you see before. Then he closed it again.

“She is the person that not acknowledge you as Sky Dorm students, right?” Baekhyun looked at you and asked you.

You palmed your face, didn’t want Baekhyun to see your expression because he can read your mind.

“It is right, right?” Baekhyun asked you again.

You panicked. Can’t answered Baekhyun’s question. Your mind thinking why Baekhyun can read your mind. You let off your hand from your face and looked at Baekhyun. You wanted to say something to him, but your words didn’t out. Baekhyun saw your expression then he suddenly pats your head. You surprised because of his sudden action.

“Calm down” He said as he patted your head. “You were so easy to read. Really easy” Baekhyun added then he sitting beside you.

“Is it good?” You asked

“Hm?”

You ducked your head. Make your chin met with your chest. Feeling depressed. Baekhyun saw that and sighed.

“Don’t feel too much depressed. Instead you slumped alone, better you talked it with someone, right?” Baekhyun said to you.

You looked at Baekhyun and asked “Are you never feel depressed?”

“Hmm. No. because I have motto “No one can be my rival” Barkhyun answered you

You raised your eyebrow, “Seems like you will never understand my feeling. You can do anything easily though”

“Thanks for your compliment” Baekhyun said that and then he stand up “But, it is rarely there is a person that can be my rival. If there’s a person that can suppress me, maybe I’ll sick of him. And I’ll continue struggling until I can beat him, even I must use all of my time and energy”

You looked at Baekhyun and feeling the pride on him. You really like Baekhyun’s determination.

“At any rate no one that can beat me!” He said again.

You think all about Baekhyun said to you. He was right. Think about that only made you depressed and annoyed. It was useless.

“Baekhyun sunbae…” You wanted to ask him but the door behind you suddenly opened. The teacher appeared from the door.

“Let’s take a break! I already make tea for us!” She said that cheerfully.

You and Baekhyun followed her and sit on the sofa on her room. She already prepared the tea and the snack on the table.

“It is cake from Osaka. Don’t be shy, just please yourself” The teacher said to you.

You take a cup of tea from the table and started drink it, and Baekhyun ate the cake. You can’t skip the awkward atmosphere. Because you sit here with Lee Raa and you can say anything.

“Ah, are you the student that make a little fire in the old Sun Dorm building?” The teacher asked you

“Eh? Ne…” You nodded at her

“I only informed that there would be Sky Dorm students that will cleaning this place. It really help me. But, next time, please be careful. It will be a big trouble if there is a real fire” The teacher added.

You glanced at Lee Raa and only nodded to the teacher.

“Ah, if I think about it, it really strange though. It was non sense to use candle in the place like that.” Baekhyun suddenly said that. “That candle… where are you get it?” Baekhyun asked you

You startled because of the sudden question and looked at Baekhyun. You realized Lee Raa stared at Baekhyun with annoyed eyes. You panicked because of Baekhyun’s sharp instinct. He must be suspicious, that there was a strange thing in the fire event. But you keep quiet, didn’t say anything to answer Baekhyun’s question.

“Ah, I heard many rumors about Baekhyun. You are really popular” The teacher said then chuckled lightly.

You looked at Baekhyun and give him teasing gaze. “What kind of rumors are that~” You sing song and Baekhyun made a face.

“You were lucky, have senior that you can relied on. So you feel more energized, right?” The teacher said that to you with smile.

You feel a little happy when you heard that. You glanced at Baekhyun then smile. “Yes”. Baekhyun only saw you, didn’t give any response.

“Ah, Lee Raa’s parents is from Sky Dorm too, right?” The teacher asked Lee Raa

“Yes” Lee Raa answered shortly

“If I am not mistaken, your parents are violinist and pianist, right? At that time, only a few people that can do that”

You a little surprised to hear that. Not only her uncle that from Sky Dorm, but also her parents were from Sky Dorm too. Lee Raa was from a musician family. You took a glance to her and you saw her uncomfortable face. Then you saw her get up from her seat and excuse herself.

“Sorry, I don’t feel well, may I go first?” Lee Raa said to the teacher.

“Hee? Okay, sorry to force you for join with us” The teacher said

“Let me clean the table then” Lee Raa insisted for cleaned the table but the teacher rejecting her and asked her to go back to her dorm. Then she walked out from the room. You get up from your seat and saw her figure disappear from your sight. You turned your head to Baekhyun and feel confused. But then you decided to follow her.

“Sorry! I’m heading first too!” Then you took your bag and walked out from the room

“Wah, Baekhyun, you must clean the room alone then?” The teacher said that then chuckled.

Baekhyun made a fake smile, chuckled lightly, and said “Wow, if it always like this, I’ll in the loss position then”

You run after Lee Raa. You saw her down the stair and you followed her, walking down the stair and called her “Lee Raa si!” When you walked down the stair, you slipped your feet then you fall down. You always fall down.

Lee Raa stopped her walk and looked at you. You quickly get up to meet with her face.

“Fortunately I successfully chased you” You said that then you looking something in your bag. You grab a paper pack and give that to Lee Ra. “Here” Lee Raa only gave you cold face, but you didn’t give up. “Yesterday, you drop this”

You analyze Lee Raa’s expression, but she didn’t give any reaction. You confused. Were you mistakenly recognize people yesterday at the old building?

“Why?” Lee Raa finally said.

“Hm?”

“Why you didn’t say that fire not because of your fault?” Lee Raa asked you

“Eh? Why?” You started because of the sudden question

“Is that for threaten me?”

“No!” You denied it with all your might “If I didn’t go there yesterday, maybe I wouldn’t disturb you” You said that to Lee Raa. Lee Raa only silent while looking at your gesture. Then you looked at her eyes and asked “Ah, yeah. What are you doing there actually? Maybe I can help you?” You asked Lee Raa but she still didn’t give any response. So you tried to talk to her again.

“The room was probably going to be a tape library. Now I am the person that will tidy it. So…”

“It is useless for worried about me” Lee Raa said that then turned her body and started walked away from you.

You still tried to talk with her and called her “Wait!! Lee Raa si!” You wanted to follow her but you stop your step because someone grab your shoulder and called you. You turned your head to see it was Jin Young that called you.

“Jin Young sonsaeng?”

“I heard you get a punishment? Are you fine?” Jin Young asked you

“Yes. I’m really okay!” You answered him and smiled to him.

Jin Young smiled at you and made his eyes at the same level with yours “Is there anything good happened?” He asked you with his iknowsomething eyes.

You looked at him and answered him. “Eum. Yes! I must more struggling this time!”

Jin Young hugged you after you said that. You tried to let go from him but he broke his hug by himself. Then you and him walked together.

“Lee Raa si is really great!” You beamed

“Hm? You already heard her singing?” Jin Young asked

“Yes! I heard her practice before when I was cleaning the room beside her practice room” You said that happily. “Ah, if I don’t get it false, she is practicing in the morning too” You added and your words made you thinking something about Lee Raa. She always tried hard even she must take all her time. You know that Lee Raa actually hate you, but you become curious about her. You questioned, why she were at the old building last time.

You looked at Jin Young, “Sonsaengnim, I become more high about getting closer with Lee Raa!” You said that with cheerful voice. And Jin Young only replied you with his smile.

 

***

 

In the next morning, you went to school early to see Lee Raa’s practice. And you successfully met her in front of her practice room’s door.

“Lee Raa si! Good morning!” You greeted her but she ignored you.

“Ng… Yesterday I forget to give you this…” You added and gave her the paper pack but she still ignore you and entered the room then closed the door. You sighed and walked away from this place.

At the afternoon, you helped your teacher with bring his papers to his office. On the way to his office, you met Lee Raa. You called her and you realized she purposely avoided you with her take the opposite way and fastening her walk. You gave up to run after her and go back to help your teacher.

 

***

 

“Hey, Lee Raa. I heard from the junior you were chased by you, right? You don’t want to meet her?” One of the Lee Raa’s senior asked her.

“No” Lee Raa answered shortly.

“But the punishment for student that made a fire is too light, right?”

“She is Sky Dorm’s student after all”

“I heard, if the school asked the sky dorm’s student to do a chores, they will receive a pressure from their family”

“Maybe. Hey, Raa. Is that right?”

Lee Raa only heard all the talking without give any response. But when she got a question, she finally say something. “Where do you heard about that nonsense?” Lee Raa turned his head to see the students that bad mouthed about you and Sky Dorm’s students. “People that agree about that nonsense are more pitiful” After said that she excuse herself and walked out from the room. When she closed the door, she saw you already in front of her.

You gave her your smile and feeling happy. Lee Raa was a great person you think. She was mysterious, diligent, painful with what she said, but she was very concerned with justice. You started to like her more. You saw her walking and you followed behind her.

“What? What are you want to ask?” Lee Raa asked you in her walk.

“Eh?”

“If this continues, I'm so disturbed”

You sighed and you feel that she was right that you actually disturbed her. “When you started singing?” You asked her.

“Ha?”

“Where you started singing?” You asked her again

“In choir” Lee Raa answered you.

“Then? Then? In school you join choir too? Then?” You asked her again excitedly

“Wha… What?” Lee Raa said that with flustered voice.

You quickly apologized to her “Ah, I’m sorry. I just want to know”

“Want to know what?”

“What was lacking from me?”

Lee Raa startled after you asked her that. She suddenly remembered about what her parents said before. They were disappointed to her because she couldn’t make herself to Sky Dorm. They were expecting her to be in Sky Dorm when she in 2nd grade later. And they were compared her with you that can’t really sing. It really irked herself.

“You have many lacking but still being chosen by everyone…” Lee Raa murmured but you heard her actually.

“He? Lee Raa si?” You looked at her and she only glared at you and walked away from you.

 

***

 

Lee Raa already reach her dorm’s building. She was drenched because of the rain. She walked very quickly to her room. She feel really dizzy because of the rain. She opened her room and laying in her bed without changing her wet clothes. She closed her eyes as she remembered you run after her and offered her umbrella because she have two umbrella but she rejected her and decide to run under the rain.

“I hate her. She have many lacking but she still chosen… Why I’m feeling like this?”

 


Sorry for not updating so long. I've been busy with my task and it still continue till next week. But I keep trying to updating this story.

It still a short update but I hope you like it!

See you in next update!

Ah, one again I love Eldorado so much! Hahaha

Bye ^^/