Phrase 32

Song Of Love

In case you are confused, Jung Jinyoung is the father and the teacher's name is Park Jinyoung. Enjoy


 

Baekhyun practiced his piano in dorm’s practice room. He was playing seriously and he got an audiences. There were Chanyeol, Minseok, Jongdae, Hyesung, and Luhan in the room watched him playing the piano.

“His style changed” Luhan said

“Yes. And he was playing from the morning if you want to know” Hyesung answered.

“That old Lee sonsaeng is his teacher, right? I heard he was crying because Baekhyun finally got his mind right” Luhan chuckled.

“Huh. He is like a child that suddenly growing up! Suddenly so great at playing the piano” Jongdae pouted.

“Ah, by the way, Chanyeol, are you already decide who will be the next proctor? Now is your last year, right?” Hyesung asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol only smiled full of meaning without answering Hyesung’s question.

“Hey, are you guys hungry? Let’s make a tea” Chanyeol asked

“Ah, I bought cheese cake from the new café this morning. It in on the fridge” Luhan answered.

“Okay, then I’ll make the tea”

Baekhyun stopped playing and sigh. He turned his head to look at them, “Hey, you guys. If you don’t have any business, just get out of here”

“Just ignore us~” Answered them harmonically.

“Let’s call you” Hyesung said

“Ah, she is out from this morning” Chanyeol answered and looked at Baekhyun with teasing smile.

Baekhyun couldn’t not showed his annoyed face when he heard your name and Chanyeol’s teasing smile. He rose up from his seat and walked to the door.

“Run away?” Luhan asked.

“Take a break” Baekhyun answered shortly and continued his walk. Before he opened the door, someone already opened it. It was Baekhyun’s junior.

“Baekhyun sunbae, can you give a hand?”

 

***

 

“So, she is Rin’s twins that many people talk about it?”

Rin nodded, “Yes”

“So, is she gonna attack me with ‘my parents get divorce because of you’ words?”

“Am I said that?” Rin asked

“Yes”

Rin looked at Sandeul, his father’s singer, “Heart ache?”

Sandeul sighed, “Nope” then he glanced at you and your father side.

You were sat in front of your father with awkward atmosphere. You refuse to meet with your father’s eyes because the awkwardness. Didn’t know what to say and so your father.

“Till when they will be like that? It is like a blind date. Why they not look at each other?” Sandeul muttered.

You father racked his hair with his fingers and finally started the conversation, “So, finally you come here…”

You answered your father, still avoid eye contact, “Ah, my principal asked me to meet someone here”

“Eh? Maybe that’s me. I always said to him I want to meet you. I know that he is your principal, and he talked a lot about you. And, yeah, it become like this…”

“Ah…” Finally you lift your head and meet with your father’s eyes.

“So, how do you do?” Your father asked you with his smile that you didn’t forget.

You smiled to him, “Yes. I’m fine.”

Your father took the package that you give to him and opened it, “This is for me?”

“Eum”

“Ah, it’s a CD” Your father woke up from his seat and asked someone to play the CD. You excuse yourself to go to rest room.

You felt nervous to meet with your father again. You washed your hand and you heard a music playing. You recognize the intro, because it was your song for the evaluation test. Then you heard the voice that singing the song. That was your voice. You quickly run the room where you were before and looked your father and the others already hearing your singing.

“Wait, this is…”

Rin looked at you, “Ah, it’s your voice, right?”

You opened your eyes widely then screaming, “KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT! STOP IIITTT!!!” You ran into the speaker and covered it with your hand, with hope it would be decrease the volume. But then you realized that was useless and you felt stupid because of it.

“Pfft”

You heard Sandeul laughing at you. You felt embarrassed because of that.

“Aah, this song~” Sandeul muttered.

“Just stop it. Stop hearing this CD. I beg you!”

“No. You. Sing it. Now. In front of me” Sandeul demanded at you.

You looked at him and yell, “No!!!”

“Hurray for you that hate Sandeul!” Rin cheered happily.

“Shut up!” Sandeul rose up from his seat and crossed his hands on his chest then talked you, “If you want to know, in a short time we will go abroad. If your father said, ‘Follow me and learn singing with us!’ how will you reacted to that?”

You couldn’t thinking anything about that, so you only gave him your confused face. Sandeul walked closer to you and asked, “You want to go with us?”

“I think… That is impossible” You answered with stuttered voice.

“It’s means you will struggle hardly with your current condition. Or, perhaps, you are actually not serious? Ah, or you don’t have confidence with your current ability?”

“Sandeul!” You heard your father yelled at Sandeul

Sandeul stopped talking, “Ah, yes. Outsider is prohibited to make a talk~”

Your father walked toward you and looked at you, “Sorry if you think I do anything like I want, but I want to do something for your sake. Even just a little, I want to help you that started learning singing”

“Appa?”

“Please think about what Sandeul said before”

“Yah! Jung Jinyoung, it’s practice time!” Sandeul called your father.

Before went to Sandeul’s place, your father glanced at you. His face showed his hope that you would accept his offer to you. You looked at him that walked toward his piano and Sandeul.

“Hey! Come here!”

Rin’s called you and it made you woke up from your mind thinking. You went to her and sat in front of her.

“Are you okay?” She asked you and you only nodded at her.

Rin silent a while as she thinking what should she say to you. Then finally she started talking to you.

“Seems like Sandeul loved learning music around the world since he was still a student. This time, he want to learn tango music! And appa want to go too.”

“Are you going too?”

“If it only for a while, I want too, just thinking that I taking a holiday tour. But if it takes a years, I don’t want it”

“Ah…”

“We don’t know what will happened. When Appa heard you started singing, he is very curious. And Sandeul only talk carelessly, just ignore him. Sandeul, beside our father, always treating people badly.”

You glanced at Sandeul that talking to your father. He was the person that your mother told you about. He was the person that woke your father that died helplessly because he couldn’t done nothing. And they always together.

Rin asked your phone number and you gave your number to her. Then you heard the piano started to be played by your father. And Sandeul started singing too. He sang the same song that you sing in evaluation test. Even he sang same song, the feels really different when you sang it. You thinking, was it because the sad lyric or strong melody. No, that was not because of that. Before you realized it, when the song end, a tears came out from your eyes and Rin only smiled seeing you.

 

***

 

You entered the dorm and you heard someone called your name. She was the person that asked you to participate in graduation concert.

“You already home?” She asked

You nodded and stopped your walk.

“Today’s tea time is really fun! We can heard the piano play by that evil prince”

“Eh?”

“Ah, thank you for yesterday! Finally Baekhyun sunbae want to participate in graduation concert!”

“Eh? Really??”

“Yes! It must because of you!” She laughed then went away from you, leaving you that confused with the situation.

You walked toward your room as you thinking why Baekhyun wanted to participate in graduation concert. Was it because Rijin? And suddenly you felt a little annoyed because of that thinking. But you thought that was actually good because finally Baekhyun could moving on. And now only you that didn’t know what you wanted to do in the future. Then you remembered what Sandeul said to you and felt annoyed because what was he said was right.

“So, give me the latter next week, okay? If you have spare time, please contact me”

You stopped your walk because you recognize the voice. Your instinct told you to hide and you hide behind the sofa. Because that was Ra Eum’s voice and Baekhyun was followed her from behind.

“Lately, Baekbeom told me to work more project of him and that was really annoying” Ra Eum said and Baekhyun only silent hearing her. “Where is you?”

“Don’t know” Baekhyun answered shortly.

“Hm…. She is fine, right?”

“Hm? What’s wrong with her?”

Ra Eum avoided Baekhyun’s eyes and stuttered, “A… Ah… Nothing…”

Then Baekhyun knew something was happened and knew that you involved in one of his business again.

“That girl… I already told her…” Baekhyun said with cold tone and made Ra Eum shiver, “Tell me. I demand.”

“Ah… That… She know that Shin sonsaeng’s niece was back from Japan… So…”

You that heard the conversation prayed hardly the conversation would end quickly.

“Then?”

“She wanted to talk to her about something, but I don’t know about what. I know Rijin isn’t a person that mad easily but I don’t know about you

You heard carefully the conversation. After thinking about that, you realized that you had your own problem. You wondered, how if you discussed about you went abroad with Baekhyun? And you think you were stupid to think about that.

You sighed. Actually, you were happy that your father asked you to go with him together, and you glad to hear that your father really happy when he heard that you started learning singing. But, you felt you were not that worthy to receive such treatment like that. You scared you would disappointed them.

“Aaaak!!! I’m so confused!!!” You screamed while stepped on the stair toward your room. And you decide you would done something that you must do now.

 

***

 

You sat in a café, waiting Rin to come. You had appointment with her. You asked her to meet with you because you want her to bring the CD that you gave yes.

“Hey, sorry I’m late”

You looked up and saw your face on different person. You smiled at Rin asked her to sit across you.

“You didn’t lost yesterday, right?”

“No” You shook your head.

“So, you already thinking about appa’s offer?”

You smiled awkwardly and answered blindly, “Yeah, of course. Ah, you bring it, right?”

“Ah, of course!” Rin opened her bag and searched something on it, “You suddenly asked about it, so I searched it in hurry”

“Ahahaha. I’m sorry”

“Here!” Rin gave you a CD and you took it happily, “Thank you, Rin!”

“I’m curious. Is the person that gave the CD really want it back?”

You smiled at Rin, couldn’t answer her question.

“Ah! You lied?!! You! Father is really happy and he wants his friends to hear it!!!” Rin’s hand now on the CD, ready to take it back but you pull it so the CD didn’t went to Rin’s hand.

“No!!!”

“Hey, you finally learning singing, why other people can’t hear it??? It’s useless!!”

“I don’t’ care! Because you….” You stopped talking and realized you nearly said something wrong.

Rin stopped pulled the CD and looked at you, “Because I have no talent so I won’t understand?”

“No! It’s not!!” You avoided you twin’s eyes, “It’s not like that… I just…” You stopped talking and went silent.

Rin sighed saw your attitude, “Hey, just do what you want to do”

“Eh?”

Rin saw the opportunity and took the CD back. You let her and looked at her.

“It’s good if you want to go with appa. It’s not about with people around you or about your ability. It has absolutely nothing to do with that. The important thing is your own will”

“Rin…”

“Since long time ago, you always slow at things like this. It’s not good if you always thinking about other people first”

“You talking like this is like you are my older sister, Rin” You chuckled.

“Hey, I already become more mature, you know? That’s why I should wake you up about what you must do”

You smiled at Rin cheerfully, “Thank you!”

 

***

 

You walked toward the dorm’s practice room. As you walked closer, you heard Baekhyun’s piano playing beautifully and finally you saw his back from outside the room.

You looked at Baekhyun that playing piano seriously. You knew from his play that he really like piano. His piano always made you falling in love more with music. You didn’t know why, but his piano gave you different feeling with other’s piano.

“The important thing is your own will”

Right. You decide that you would doing that what you want now.

 

***

 

You sang passionately with Jinyoung sonsaeng’s piano. You sang really well and it made your teacher smile widely. You finished beautifully and your teacher claps at you.

“Okay! Really good! We use this two song for the level up test, okay? Keep that good work!”

You nodded, “Okay”

“Finally, you turned to like singing, right?”

“Eh??? Why you say that?”

“You sang really well today. It must because somethings good happened to you, right?”

“No. It is just now I have some target to reach”

 

***

 

“So, I tell you. I don’t have any confidence right now!”

You stand in front of your father and Sandeul. As you arrived at their place, without greeting them, you said that. It made your father shocked a little but Sandeul only gave his cool act to you.

“Ha. I waste my time to come here just to hear an unimportant announcement” Sandeul said then sighed. You saw your father tried to stop him, but it failed. “If only with that announcement, you won’t get any confidence from that”

“I’m trying to get that. I’m trying to get my confidence”

You said that bravely because now you already like singing and… “I want to be like Appa and you, Sandeul”

You saw they both looked ‘special’ when they playing and singing song together. And you think maybe that was same for Baekhyun and Rijin. But it was not a jealousy, because you now that you were nothing compared to them.

You saw your father become silent, didn’t say anything. You come closer to him to look at his condition.

“Appa? Are you okay?”

“Ah. Yes. I just… I never doing something for you. I always think that you will never forgive me. But you suddenly say like that before, it make me….”

You looked at your father. You understand him. You knew that your father have same feeling like you. He felt nervous. You felt grateful that you met with your father. You felt grateful that you were in Sky Dorm. You experienced many things and stand in here.

“There’s nothing to be apologized, Appa. I’m not angry. Lately, Eomma said that you are great!” You said that to your father shyly and it made your father excited.

“Really?”

“Yes! And… Appa. I know, I am not as good as Sandeul, but once I want to practice with you. Is it okay?”

“Of course! Ah! How about our offer before?”

“Ah, let’s talk about it later!” You shrugged and smiled at him. You saw a little disappointment at your father face but he tried to hide it.

“Ah, you know. Even he is like that,” your father looked at Sandeul and you followed his gaze, “he never asked someone to sing, except you!”

“Ah, it must be because I’m your daughter”

“No. I’m sure it’s not that. It’s because, he is a person that only interested to music”

You chuckled after your father said that. You remembered someone that was like Sandeul. It was Baekhyun.

 

***

 

Shin Segi knocked Rijin room’s door and entered it. In his hands was his puppy and he pat it so that it didn’t run away from his embraces.

“Rijin, can you copy the music score?” He asked Rijin.

“Yes”

“Sorry, I asked you so many things”

“No problem. But please, can’t you not make eight appointment at once?”

“Hahaha. I’m sorry. It’s because I’m in a hurry.”

“You are not changed at all”

“Eh?”

Little things that Shin Segi didn’t know, before he entered the room. Rijin was writing a letter. And your name written at the envelope.


 

Hello again! Hahaha. How is it? Hope you enjoyed it!

I need to tell you I'm going hiatus for next month, because I must attend the camp by my company and I doubt they will give me a phone or internet ㅠㅠ

I'll try to update one chapter more before the hiatus. Just don't leave mee~~ *puppy eyes*

See you later?