Phrase 4

Song Of Love

“How is dormitory life? Are you adapted with it yet? Do you already have friends in there?”

“Ye… Yeah… I’m fine”

Your mother called you. You can’t tell her that you actually live with a boy. So you just try to assured her that you are fine.

“It’s good to hear. Sorry, even if you are still young, but you already have gastritis. Eomma will try to take care the house here, you don’t have to worry about it”

Your mom try to assured you that the situation at home is fine even though you were not there. Then you heard the sound of a crying baby behind. Your twin brother cry.

“Eomma?”

“Ah… Jae Kyung-ah, sorry, the diapers. Eh? Nothing? I’ve put it there”

“Eomma, are you okay?” You asked her but she didn’t answered you and busily talk with your brother.

“Eh? There is also nothing? How if we call appa to buy it before he come home?”

“Eomma. Don’t worry about me. You take care the twin there”

You sighed. Not at home, not in a dorm, there are always something that make you worried.

“I’m really sorry…”

“Eum, no problem. Just take care Jae Kyung, appa, and the twin”

“Okay. Take care of your health”

“Hey, the water is boiling right now”

You gasped. Because Baekhyun suddenly talked to you.

“Hey, just now there was a voice of a guy …” Your mom asked you. You stuttered and think quickly to make an excuse.

“Voice? What voice? Nothing… That’s coming from the TV. Eomma, I’ll call you later. Take care. Bye!” then you hung up the phone. You sigh. Baekhyun anger is felt in the room lately. Really creepy. You know you are in guilty because you played Baekhyun’s CD in front of many people before.

BRAK!!!

You surprised. Baekhyun opened the door with slammed on it. You see him walked out form his room to the kitchen. You saw him grab a bottle from the fridge.

“Do you want to drink?” You asked Baekhyun. Then he turned his head to you. He glared you with his venomous glare with face that say ‘what?!’ silently.

“No... Nothing…” Then you just keep quiet then see Baekhyun walk back to his room. As he closed his door your legs feel wobbly then you find yourself already sit on the floor. He said he didn’t angry before, but he didn’t considerate you. You think maybe he want to kicked you out.

 

***

 

You walked in the second grade floor music department building. You want to find Baekhyun. You searched him then you hear someone called you. That was Kim Minseok.

“Oh, sunbaenim is in music department too?” You asked Minseok

“Eum. What are you doing here?”

“Eung… Is today Baekhyun sunbae attend the class?”

“Baekhyun? No. He didn’t attend it. I’m not see him too today”

“Ah… So that…”

Then you thanked him and go to search Baekhyun again. Minseok only stared at your back as you walk away from him. Then Jongdae called him.

“Minseok! Let’s go back to the practice room!”

“Ah, Luhan and Jongdae”

“That is you, right?” Jongdae asked Minseok

“Yes. She looked very troubled”

“I pitied her…” Luhan only can sigh because he know why you act like that. it's because Baekhyun.

 

***

 

Baekhyun walked in the school’s garden. He checked his phone messages. There are many invitation from girls. He only sigh and reply it one by one.

“I think you already stopped dating with random girl?” Chanyeol suddenly appeared from Baekhyun’s behind and peeked at Baekhyun’s phone.

“It’s troublesome if reject people invitation. Are you watching over me again?” Baekhyun still typing in his phone as he answered Chanyeol.

“Nope. You’ll still watched by your pair. And now your pair is a girl”

“What a pity for her” Baekhyun sigh.

”If you pitied her, cooperate with her. If in the dorm you always , while at school she was not happy with the music department, might her health condition will get worsen. It’s useless for pitied her if you like that. Just like what I say. Try to think over it again”

Chanyeol… If you want to be with someone, which is it must be with a worth person, right?” Baekhyun turn his heel and walk away from Chanyeol.

“So, she is not worth it for you?”

Baekhyun just quiet and continue his walk. He wanted to play around just like his usual habit before you become his pair.

 

***

 

Finally. It finally happened. The thing that make you scared finally happened. Baekhyun didn’t come back to the dorm on time yesterday night. You walked at the school’s backyard as you replayed Chanyeol’s words this morning.

“That stupid come back at midnight. Actually I pity you. But, according to the rules, that will become your responsibility too”

Your face become pale. You already heard before that Baekhyun changing his girlfriend every day and not care about punishment. But you didn’t think he really doing that. You think he really want to kicked you out. Then you felt something hit you from behind. There is a student that carry items with a cart and it hit you. You fell to the ground. You hear the person that hit you apologize to you. You just nodded to show that you are fine. If you are in your unlucky state, this is always not half-hearted unlucky like this.

You open your eyes and see Baekhyun stared at you from the window’s school building. That is one of the music room.

“Really stupid…”

You stand up and yelled, “You think it’s whose fault, huh?!!”

“You think that is my fault?”

You feel embarrassed because Baekhyun saw you fall before. Than you remember something. You showed him the penalty paper.

“Hey! Look at this!”

“Oh, I already saw it before. Though I planned to come back in the morning actually”

“You…..” you try to hold up your anger. Then Baekhyun turned his back and put his hand into the pocket of his uniform. Then he stopped his walk.

He give you something, “Here”

“Eh?” Baekhyun give you your school’s badge.

“That’s yours right? I’m forgot that I picked it up”

Then you see Baekhyun disappear from the window, you yelled “Ah… Wait…” then you heard someone from inside the room talk something to Baekhyun. You approach the window and see there are two boys inside.

“Can you go out now? We want to practice. You’re already finished, right?” asked one of the boy

“Ah, please help yourself” Then Baekhyun went to the door and the other boy called him again “Wait, it is yours, right” Baekhyun turned his head and the boy throw a music sheets to the floor. He wants Baekhyun to pick it up from the floor. Then Baekhyun do it as he say silently, Baekhyun picked up the sheets one by one and smoothed it up. The two boys only stared at him with underestimate gaze. Then Baekhyun put the sheets on the table.

“Unfortunately, that’s not mine” Then Baekhyun walked out from the room.

Before Baekhyun passed the door, you shouted “Wait! What's with your attitude just now?!” Baekhyun stopped walking and turned his head to see you.

The two boys come closer to the window where you were at, “What are you doing?! Ah… You are the transferred student from the regular department, right?”

“Ah… So that’s you… What’s your name?” say the other boy to you.

You panicked. Your face become pale. You feel something bad will happened to you later. Then before you realized what you must doing at that time, you feel someone pushed you from the window. You fall to the brushes. You see that was Baekhyun that doing that to you. Than he closed the window and pull the curtain. You can’t see anything what happened inside.

You keep quiet. Your mind thinking that Baekhyun was helping you before. Then you wake up and the window from another room opened. That was Jongdae who opened it.

“Ah, you. What are you doing?”

You stared at Jongdae and he asked you to come in to the room. You are now in the music room with Jongdae and Luhan. You tell them what happened before in the other music room that make you fall to the brushes.

“Oh… Because of the situation as it was, I was thinking absurd thing, you know” Jongdae talk to you with his teasing smile.

“They throw the music sheets and didn’t apologize to Baekhyun! Are they crazy?!” You answer him with fiery reaction. You take a breath and continue your talk “Baekhyun too! He should reprimand them!”

Jongdae chuckled, “Wow, you are angry replace Baekhyun’s place, right?”

You sigh, “But, isn’t he popular in his class?”

Luhan shooked his head, "He never be liked by anyone, he intensely disliked by everyone"

“Eh? So that…”

Luhan continue his words, “Not only Baekhyun’s attitude that is annoying, he always doing anything he wants. I, even as his senior, always given a cold gaze by him”

“From the first he entered high school, he get special treatment. That’s why he is being hated by his classmate” Jongdae added another statement about Baekhyun.

“Ah, have you ever heard Baekhyun’s piano?” Luhan asked you

“I have heard it a little before when he was practicing by himself”

“God doesn’t seem fair, right? Sometimes he gives a natural talent to someone. But if the person showed his talent with a forced, it’s so not interesting, right? I thank my talent was not like that. That was useless to quarrel with Baekhyun. He did not want to listen others. Just skip classes and playing around. What the hell was he thinking?"

You and Jongdae hear Luhan’s words. You are thinking that something’s wrong here, “What’s going on to be honest?” you asked Luhan and Jongdae.

“He?” Jongdae showed you his confused face

You continue asked them, “He entered his school because he wants to be a musician, right? But, why he acted like that?”

You know, maybe the situation has changed from when Baekhyun made that mini theatre soundtrack album. Even it was a while, but he already entered the music world. Why he must stopped it now. Then you realized Luhan and Jongdae give you their shocked face.

“Whereas even you are Baekhyun’s partner, he always give you his cold gaze. Did you not hate him?”

Your eyes got bigger with Jongdae’s question. Then you shooked your head and smile.

“I’m not hate him. Because I don’t know everything about him”

Indeed, since you know Baekhyun, your unlucky become worsened and you feel dangerous if you still involved with him. But you don’t hate him. Then you see Jongdae and Luhan smiled at you and Jongdae stand up from his chair and hugged you. You don’t know why he is doing that to you.

“You really a kind person. If something happened, just tell me everything, okay?”

“Eh? Eh?” You confused with his act to you, then Luhan tell you something.

“Jongdae have one younger sister that same age with you. That’s why he really touchy with you”

You understand now why Jongdae treat you like that. You just nodded to show him that you understand. Then Jongdae break the hug.

“Ah, you can drop the formality with me, you can call me ‘oppa’” said Jongdae to you and grinning to you

Luhan leaned on the table and say, “And, I think I’ll support you too. I want to see what you will do to Baekhyun”

You are thinking. Doing what to Baekhyun that Luhan meant. But you are happy that actually there are people that support you

 

***

 

You are sitting in the school’s bench park now. You are reading your literature book. Then you feel someone come closer to your place.

“Seems like Baekhyun skipped his class again, right?”

“Ah, Chanyeol sunbae…”

Chanyeol sigh, and he sit beside you, “Really useless person he is, right?”

You shook your head, “Maybe it’s because I make him angry”

Chanyeol gasped hear your words, “Baekhyun? Angry?!”

“Ma… Maybe…?”

“That’s great actually!” Chanyeol give you his smile. He is smiled brightly as he is hoping something from you.

“Hah?” You show him your not understand face.

“You can make Baekhyun angry. I’m quite satisfied”

“Eh? That is…”

“It turns out that my observations is very accurate”

Your eyebrow connected as you really don’t understand with Chanyeol’s means.

“I’ve already told you that Baekhyun had paired with another, right? And he really not considered them”

You nodded, “Yes…?”

“Not only the two of them, maybe even me too, never scolded by Baekhyun. That means basically he is not interested in others. Because not interested, he didn’t give any reaction. That Baekhyun, even for show his true feeling, he can’t do it”

Chanyeol stop a while, taking his breath then continue, “Baekhyun was too lazy to refuse any invitation to play from the women because he thought it’s very troublesome. I realized, he never considering me. But he was fighting with you, right? It is not possible for people fighting with someone who does not attract its attention"

“Eh? No…”

“Maybe he acted like that because he grew up in problematic surrounding. His mind is so difficult to understand. I'm glad you're the person that can understand his feelings. I think like that”

Then you see Kai coming to your place. To Chanyeol exactly.

“Sorry for interrupted your talk, but the meeting will start”

“Okay, thank you” Then Chanyeol say good luck to you and walk away. Kai bowed his head to you and followed Chanyeol then.

You try to thinking about what Chanyeol said to you before. What Chanyeol mean that you understand Baekhyun’s feeling. And about problematic surrounding, is his parent divorced or remarried. Maybe he attracted to you because he already know about your family from Chanyeol. But you think it’s impossible, because before he said he attracted to you because your face. Whatever the reason are, it’s still not a delight for you.

But you really regret for hearing Baekhyun’s CD in front of many people before. You think maybe you are like the other music department students. You are regret for angry to people that throw the music sheet too. And just like Chanyeol’s said, maybe Baekhyun really not care about other people. But you don’t want being not considerate by him.

 

***

 

Baekhyun is in the dorm’s elevator now. He is on his way to the dorm. When the elevator door opened, he saw you in front of the elevator.

“Heum? Why are you here?”

You ignore Baekhyun’s question. You grab his wrist and pull him to the inside of the dorm. It is 08:59:55 pm now. Only five second remaining before the curfew. You run with pulling Baekhyun to the inside of the dorm. And you see Chanyeol at the dorm’s entrance door. You then fall to the floor with Baekhyun. Then talk to Chanyeol with hard breathing.

“Chanyeol sunbae… It’s save, right?”

“Yeah… We can consider that was save. Even his foot still outside though. It’s hurt, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun that fall to the floor with you as he marked his book. You wake up and shouted at Baekhyun.

“Sunbae is so slow! The curfew is at 9 pm, right?! It’s dangerous you know?!!”

“You… Not fun”

Then you realized other student stared at you and Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned his heels, start to walk away from you. You called him and want to follow him. Then you heard Chanyeol called you.

“Are you fine?”

You stopped and looked at Chanyeol “Eum. I’m fine. Ng… The truth is I don’t really understand about our conversation before. But, because a welcoming party have been made by everyone for me, I felt I couldn’t stay silent. Moreover, I would regret it if Baekhyun beat me easily”

Chanyeol chukled, “Okay”

Then you run after Baekhyun. You already lived as unlucky girl for 16 years. Only one that you can deserve from all this situation is you have a strange power. You don’t like to get beaten easily. You felt sad because you are thinking like that about yourself. But, because of that, you felt there is nothing to be afraid anymore. You finally see Baekhyun and you make a distance with him.

You shouted at Baekhyun, “If you don’t want to see my face again, don’t skip your classes!!”

Baekhyun stopped and turned his head to you, “What kind of threat like that?”

“This is not a threat, but an agreement”

“Hmmm. An agreement… How dare you say it” Baekhyun’s attention now fully at you, then you see you already make a distance with him, “But why you stand so far from me like that? I think you are a brave girl that want to make an agreement with me?”

You are standing five meter from him. You decided to always make a distance with Baekhyun. Because you think it is dangerous to stay near with him.

Baekhyun smirked at you, “Before we talk about the agreement, how about your parent? You can be expelled if they know, right?”

You gulped, “Tha… That’s my risk!”

“Oh… So, what actually Chanyeol promised you? Either than moved to another department and dorm?” Baekhyun walk toward you, decreasing the distance between you and him.

“Wa… Wait!!!! Don’t come closer!!!! Don’t!!!!!” You shouted at Baekhyun and when he only one meter from you, you run and meet Jongdae in the hallway.

“Jongdae sunbae!” Then you hold Jongdae’s arm “I’m scared! Baekhyun sunbae!!”

“Hah? Hey! I already tell you to call me ‘oppa’!”  

You ignore Jongdae’s protest and then you see Baekhyun in front of you and Jongdae. He showed you his angry and scaring face. You grab Jongdae’s arm more tightly and hid behind him. Then Jongdae start to talk to Baekhyun.

“You, stop teasing her!”

“Not your problem!” Baekhyun answer Jongdae coldly.

Jongdae feel annoyed and talk to you, “No need to get in touch again with this guy! Apply for a cancellation of the pair!”

“Eh?”

“About further thing, I'll think about it later!”

Then Baekhyun come closer and yelled, “Outsiders shouldn’t interfere with this! She is my pair!”

You shocked. Jongdae and other students that see the event shocked too. Baekhyun said that you are his pair. Then he walk away going to his room.

“Wow… I’m surprised. He said you are his pair…” Jongdae showed his surpised and amazed face.

“Y… Yes… Me too” You let off Jongdae’s arm, say sorry and thanked him. Then you walk to your room.

You opened your room and see Baekhyun sitting in the sofa. He glared at you. You feel scared and don’t want to enter the room. But you dare yourself to enter the room and you closed the door.

“Actually, what the heck are you?” Baekhyun asked you.

“Hah?” You don’t understand with Baekhyun’s question. What is he mean by ‘what’? Tribe? Type? Species? Or he suspicious that you actually a spy.

Baekhyun sigh and looked at you, “What do you want?”

“What I want?”

“Back to regular department? Live in Sun Dorm?”

You looked at Baekhyun eyes and say, “I want to hear you playing piano”

Then the room become silence and the situation become awkward. You realized you have say something forbidden. You palmed your mouth and try to fix the situation.

“No, no, no… That just now ... No ... Aish. What I'm talking about, anyway?! "

Then Baekhyun suddenly stand up and grab your shoulder and pushed you to the wall. He leaned his face closer to you. Your face become pale and panicked now.

“Because you are a girl… Whatever your want…”

Before Baekhyun continue his words, you cut him, “No… That… I don’t mean to…”

“I rejected it!”

Then Baekhyun let go his hand from your shoulder. You feel your legs wobbly and then you found you already sit on the floor. You see Baekhyun go to his room. You say you want to hear his piano play because you think it would have been nice if you could listen to his piano. It was more exciting than moved to another department and dorm. You are shocked too with your thinking. You feel embarrassed.

“Whereas you say that I’m your pair before” you murmured, thinking Baekhyun wouldn’t hear that. Then when you lift your face, you see Baekhyun glared at you. You feel you dig your own grave.

“I’m forget to say. For me, pair it means, toy!” Baekhyun said to you.

Then Baekhyun entered his room. Leaving you with untangled mind. You think that he already acknowledge you. But you are wrong. You never can’t avoid Baekhyun.


Ayoo~ HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR YOU ALL~ 새해 복 많이 받으세요 ~~

Welcome for my new subbies. Hope you all enjoyed my story. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Lately, I'm so in to Luhan. And i've got new idea for make a new story about Luhan after Chanyeol post an instavid in his instagram.You can check it here ----> Nine Puzzle 

so, thank you for comment, subscribe, and upvote my story

See ya~ ^^/