Phrase 8

Song Of Love

“She can’t let out her voice?”

Baekhyun startled when he heard that from Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol was talking with the principal beside him.

“She have no problem with talking, but when she was asked to sing, her voice didn’t come out”

“How come it is like that…”

Baekhyun turned his body and give his scary glare to Chanyeol and the principal. “You guys… Don’t talk in here. I’m studying now!”

The principal scared to see Baekhyun. Baekhyun only snorted. Chanyeol tried to calm the principal then talk to Baekhyun. “Now you say you are studying, whereas you skipped your class before. You passed the test with flying color, you can graduate easily. Don’t you feel sorry for people who are fighting tooth and nail?”

“Nope at all” Baekhyun answered Chanyeol shortly and back to his book.

“Her problem is your problem too, Baekhyun-ah. And you've taken care by that girl” Chanyeol tell Baekhyun and Baekhyun only silently reading his book.

“This is hard. Her teacher said, she didn’t need the lesson, but she need a counseling or something like that” The principal said.

“Ah, where’s she now?” Chanyeol asked the principal.

“Ng… She’s running now”

“Hah?!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in unison.

 

***

 

You are running in school’s field even it’s still class hour. Transferred to music department and assigned to vocal art are an impossible things for you. So you decided you will trained your physical strength everyday.

“Sorry, this may sound cruel. But I can’t guiding people who could not make a voice”

You replayed what your teacher said to you before. You understand. You can’t attend the lesson with your lousy throat. ‘People who can’t sing can’t be happy’ you remembered someone said that before. Then you feel a water falling to your face. Suddenly it’s raining hard. You quickly run back to your class. You know it. Don’t know since when it started, but every time you succeed, there is always a bad thing that happens.

 

***

 

You are in hospital now, doing your checkup. You got scolded by your doctor because you can’t keep the checkup routine. But the doctor said you are able to overcome your stress now. You confused. There’s Baekhyun in your dorm that always teasing you everyday, but the doctor said you can overcome your stress now. But if you think deeply, it’s strange you can forget about your sickness.

You walk to the bus stop, but the bus already go. The next bus is in 45 minutes, so you decide to go to the café near the bus stop. You are thinking about Baekhyun in your walk. The more you notice him, he is getting interesting. It’s strange you think. Is he like sweets? He prefer blue or black? Seems like he likes rice since you always seeing him eat kimbap.

You entered the café and there’s a music playing in it. Taylor Swift’ song, Love Story if you remember correctly the title. You ordered a caffe latte and wait for your order. You humming the song that played in the café. You see a piano in the corner of the café and you approaching it. You try to play it. You pressed the tuts with your index finger one by one. The sound of the piano is strange you think. It’s different with Baekhyun’s piano. Or because it is the different piano that cause the different of the voice. You still try the piano tuts one by one.

“DON’T TOUCH IT CARELESSLY!!!”

You startled because someone shouted at you. You immediately apologize, “Ah! So, sorry!” You stop playing the piano and turned your body, want to apologize properly. Then you see a man with sunglasses and he wears a tropical shirt.

“Why? Sorry to make you surprised. The piano’s tone a bit weird, right?” The man said to you. You startled can’t say anything. Then you hear your order already finished. But before you take it, the man took it and bring your order to his table.

“Wa… wait. It’s mine” You try to reclaim your order but the man only sit in his chair and asked you to sit beside him.

“Sit here. I’m not a suspicious person” he said. But in your eyes he is totally suspicious. Like a kidnapper. And when you look at him closely, your bag already in his hand too.

“That’s my bag!” You shouted at him. You thinking, why you should met a weird person like him.

“Do you like jazz? Pop?” the man suddenly asked you.

“Ha?”

“Just now you are singing, right?”

You surprised. Your eyes become bigger. Then you denied him. “I’m not singing before”

“Don’t be shy. Your voice is good”

You can’t stand him anymore. You call for help. “Help! This person is flirt me!!!” You shouted that. Then, the man looked startled. You used the opportunity to take your bag from his hand. After that you take your bag and leave the café. You running in the rain.

You convince yourself not to be affected by that man words. For a moment your mind is blank before. You already decide that you will struggling in music department. You shouldn’t be like this.

 

***

 

“Welcome home! This time I am very grateful to you!”

You startled as you open your room, you find Ra Eum in here. With Chanyeol and Baekhyun. You just confused why she thanked you. Then she hug you.

“If you wasn’t here. This job would be failed again!” Ra Eum tell you

“Ah… No…” You release the hug first.

“Yes, you make Baekhyun back to the right way” Chanyeol said that with smile at his face. Then you looked at Baekhyun that currently laying on the sofa. His face really scary as always. And you know that he is really annoyed now. You turned your head to Ra Eum again and asked her.

“The job is finished already?”

“Yesterday, I handed the demo CD to the song arranger. Then, this is as an expression of gratitude. Only a concert tickets, anyway.” Ra Eum give you the concert ticket and talked again. “You are in music department now, right? What is your concentration? I will gather all the interesting information for you!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol give you a strange glance as they hear Ra Eum question to you. They want to know you reaction. And they know it now. You only silent. Not saying anything. Then Chanyeol approaching her and whispering something to her. You can’t hear it.

“Aaaak!!! Sorry! I’m really, really sorry!! I’ll excuse myself first!!!” After Ra Eum shouted that, she go out from the room. And Chanyeol followed her because he forget her bag. You looked at Baekhyun with your confused face and want to ask him what actually Chanyeol said to her. And Baekhyun seems know it before you open your mouth.

“He said not mentioned about it because you are in depression like you almost want to death” Baekhyun tell you.

“Oh…”

“Are you hungry? Ra Eum ssi bring something for us. You make tea” As always Baekhyun ordered you there and there but you can’t reject it. You go to the kitchen to make a tea. After that you back to Baekhyun place and eat the cake that Ra Eum bring before.

“It’s very delicious!” You complimented the food

“Eum. Her mind, action, and hobby are really not suit her” Baekhyun said that.

Then as you eat the food, your mind wandered around. Remember what Baekhyun said before about you being suffered in depression. His words weren’t wrong at all. You suddenly coughing. Feeling cold because of the rain before. Then you see Baekhyun grab the AC’s remote and raise the room’s temperature. He worried about you even he didn’t said it but his act showed it. He is really mysterious person.

You stared at Baekhyun and focus to his fingers. His fingers are long and the nails are short. Of course, because he is a pianist, so he must take care his finger well. Then suddenly Baekhyun’s hand slapped your head.

“Why you stared at me, huh?”

“No….” You try to deny it and rubbing your pained head. And Baekhyun only giggling to see you in pain. You snorted.

You looked at Baekhyun and asked something to him, “Sunbae, did you ever suffered a depression too?”

“Why you asked that?”

“Ah. I’m just thinking. What people will do in a situation like that? Ah, sorry. Forget it” You cleaned the table and want to wash the dishes. When you stand up, Baekhyun suddenly talk to you.

“Is that question related to your voice that can’t be out?”

Baekhyun stared at you. Waiting for your answer. You panicked. Why he know about that. Is you too obvious? Then you know. It was surely Chanyeol that told him.

“Or you do it intentionally?” Baekhyun asked again.

“Of course no!!” you shouted

“If so, why?”

You doubt to tell Baekhyun about it, so you just say “It… It’s not your business”

Then Baekhyun smirked at you and you know, he is in ‘monster mode’ now. “Oh… So that…” then Baekhyun trapped you in his hand. His hand around your neck. So you can’t go anywhere because he is really strong. And it make you hardly to breath.

“You growing emboldened to talk like that to me, huh? Whereas you are only my toy though”

“Uuuuhh… Let me go….” You pleaded at him

You think you are dead now. He will kill you. Then your door opened and you see Chanyeol entered your room.

“Baekhyun! What are you doing?!” Chanyeol yelled to Baekhyun

“Shut up! I'm disciplining her now! This girl definitely just pretend can’t let out her voice to get out of here”

“No!! I already said that it’s no!!” You shouted at him because Baekhyun start to loosen his hand on your neck.

“So, why?!” Baekhyun asked you. You silent. Can’t answer him. Then Baekhyun lift up your chin so your eyes can meet his. “Better if you go out from here then. Because, people that can’t sing in vocal class is same with trash”

You shocked to hear that and shouted “No! I don’t want it!” Then you bite Baekhyun’s hand. He yelped and release his hand. And finally you can let go from him.

“So, when you can sing?!” Baekhyun yelled at you

“Soon! I’m sure I can do it!” You shouted back Baekhyun

“Okay guys, enough for now. Are you okay?” Chanyeol stop the argument between you and Baekhyun and help you to go to your room. Before you entered your room, you shouted at Baekhyun “I’ll prove it!” then you slammed the door.

Chanyeol sigh and talked to Baekhyun, “You… Why are you so rude to her? She isn’t pretending can’t let out of her voice and she really want to stay in here. You can indeed influenced each other. But this is a difficult problem for her, so please change the way you talk.”

“You mean, I must talk carefully and softly? Seriously. It is an iron or a toy, I'll wrought it hardly” Baekhyun give Chanyeol his smirk and Chanyeol can only sigh because of Baehkyun’s stubbornness.

 

***

 

You are now in school. Walk angrily to the class. You remember all Baekhyun said to you last night. ‘People that can’t sing in vocal class is same with trash’. You think it’s ridiculous. After all, that was not your wish. You really don’t have any interest to vocal art at all. It is up to him if he want to call you a trash. You are fine. You convince yourself that you can sing and shut Baekhyun’s mouth later.

You opened your practice room door and shocked, then you closed the door again. You see the man that you met in the café yesterday. You wondered, why he is here. You think he come to get his revenge at you. But you can’t keep being outside now or you will be considered skipping class. So you dare yourself to enter the room. Then you approaching him and he turned his body to you. Suddenly his hands on either sides of your waist and say, “Hm… You have a nice body”.

You reflex screaming and hit his head.

 

***

 

You still in the practice room. The man showed you his teacher’s ID.

“Park Jin Young sonsaengnim?” You read the card.

“Starting today, I’m in charge to teach you. Just called me Jinjin, for you I give you special permission to do that”

You panicked. You shout at him ‘weird person’, then leave him in the cafe. And you hit him before. You are in trouble now, you think. When you busy in your mind, Jin Young asked you, “You prefer cat or dog?”

“Hah? Cat or dog? Cat maybe…?” You answered him confusedly.

“Pizza or pasta?”

“Pasta…”

“Good! Seems like we can fit with each other” Then Jin Young pressed the piano tuts and asked you again, “This, what tone?”

“Mi?” you answered him

“Yes, right. This?” Jin Young pressed another tuts and say “If you can’t answer it, you have to go on a date with me this Sunday”

You quickly answered him, “Sol and si!”

“Not fast enough. But your answer is right” Jin Young smile at you and tell you something, “Even you are from regular department and don’t have any experience with music instrument, you can define a tone. And even you can’t play piano, but in the café yesterday, I can hear a soft tone in the chaos of your piano play. Whereas before I heard you can’t sing at all. But when you are alone, you can sing with all your feeling”

“No… It’s not like that….”

“You are really an interesting girl!” Then you step back a little, feel something dangerous will come to you. Jin Young opened his hand widely and say, “So reach your dream with me, o diva. Come here. Run to my embrace!!”

“I don’t need it!” You yelled at him with scared and annoyed face. You don’t know what is this person will doing to you later. You just hope that this situation will getting better.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun! The teacher for that girl was replaced!” The principal said that to Baekhyun enthusiastically but Baekhyun didn’t care and continue what he is reading now. The principal didn’t give up and still muttering Baekhyun about your new teacher.

“His name is Park Jin Young. His outer appearance is like a crocodile. He rarely attend the meeting. Once he come, he got scolded because he was suspected of being a ert. Often disappear without trace and dealt with the police one or two times. He is really a good teacher right?”

Baekhyun annoyed at the principal said, “What kind of good is that?!”

“I’m worried of her. That’s why I told you about this”

“Yeah, yeah. Thank you. And now, can you get out please?” Baekhyun pointed at the door

“Don’t act like you don’t care like that! What if she taken by others?”

Baekhyun getting more annoyed, “What do you talk about? You disturbing me. Get out!”

The principal feel scared and want to go out, but Baekhyun stopped him and asked him, “Why she being tutored like that? Why didn’t you let her free?”

“Is she will be fine? Because Jin Young sonsaengnim is a type of teacher that will doing anything even it is prohibited”

Baekhyun startled after the principal said that. He looked at the principal face with his shocked face. The principal chuckled lightly and heading to the door. Before he fully out of the room he say, “Seems like you really like that girl” and then he closed the door. Baekhyun only silent after the principal disappear from his sight.


 

I can't believe it. this is my 4th post for this week. hahahaha

and seems like finally Baekhyun's feeling being revealed? *drums rolls*

thank you for my friend Ara that helped me to find the name for the new teacher. i'm really at giving a name. hahah

hope you guys like this chapter. it will getting interesting~

so? see ya ^^/