Phrase 34

Song Of Love

 

“You don’t want to know what really happened between them?”

Of course. You really wanted to know. Beside Rijin who stole Baekhyun’s song, what was happened?

Junmyeon dragged you to a traditional house. A very big house. You didn’t know who was living in this house. When you entered the house with Junmyeon, many servants greeting you and they bring you and Junmyeon to a room.

“I’m sure, the hanbok will be look good on you” Said the servant on the room.

“He?” You showed your confused face. Still didn’t understand why Junmyeon bring you here.

“I bet the master will like you!”

You turned your head to look at Junmyeon, asking a clues what would happened later. Junmyeon only smiled at you, “For now, just change your clothes”

“Change clothes? But I just want talk about Rijin? And who is the master?”

“Ah, the head of Byun’s family, my grandfather. This is his house”

“Ha?” You shocked, and before you can reacted to that, a maid approaching you with a hanbok in her hand and gave you the hanbok. You tried to reject her and run, but failed. Before realized it, you were being dragged again by Junmyeon.

After a little struggle, finally the maid caught you and force you to change your clothes. You still not gave up to reject her and you saw Hyunwoo, Junmyeon’s secretary, sat in front of you.

“Miss, please do what sir Junmyeon said to you” Hyunwoo said.

“No!!!!”

“Actually, it is a secret. Me, myself, not agree about sir Junmyeon’s grandfather attitude right now”

“Eh?”

“He always urge sir Junmyeon to get married soon. Maybe sir Junmyeon wants to grant his grandfather wish too. That’s why he do this to you. Maybe it is because his grandfather’s health become worse? I didn’t think it will turned out like this”

You stopped rejecting the maid to change your clothes. You asked Hyunwoo to out from the room. You now willingly to change your clothes to hanbok. After you wore your hanbok, the maid styled up your hair and put a little make up on your face. After she finished, you looked at the mirror and felt embarrassed to saw your face right now. You were too easily persuaded.

You stand up and walked to where Junmyeon waiting you. He realized your presence and turned his head to saw you. He smiled at you and you couldn’t felt hot on your cheeks.

“Just strolling around the yard!” You said to him.

Junmyeon chuckled lightly, “What was Hyunwoo said to you?”

You started to walk with him beside you, “About your grandfather illness and other things, please tell me from the start”

Junmyeon draped his hand around your back to help you walk. But you felt he doing that to show someone that you and him actually dating or what. You let him doing that to you and continue talking to him.

“Let’s not talking about that. I think only with us strolling together can make us closer” Junmyeon said to you, “Ah, after this, let’s take a photo”

You make a face, “Closer?!” You sighed, “So, your grandfather not in the hospital?”

“No. My grandfather is a stubborn person. He don’t want go out from this house. And I’m sure he is watching us from somewhere in this house, just ignore it”

Your guess before was right that actually someone watching you and Junmyeon. “So, what about that matter?” You asked Junmyeon about Baekhyun and Rijin’s matter.

“Ah, yes. This is only knew by a few people that Rijin stole that brat’s song. But people started talking about that. There was someone said, ‘Impossible Shin Rijin do that’, and ‘That must be something wrong from that story’. For music matters, Shin Rijin always serious. But her attitude toward that brat was like a mother, a sister, and also a lover.”

You imagined what Baekhyun and Rijin like when they were together. Because of that, you didn’t focus on your walk and slipped because you step on a slippery stone.

“Hey! Be careful!”

You opened your eyes widely after you hear Junmyeon said that loudly. But you were late and you slipped. “Aaaaaaaaa”

Junmyeon caught you by your waist on his hand. He prevented you to fall on the pond. You breathe relieved. “Haaa… What a shock…”

Junmyeon hold your hand and made you stand up. He didn’t release his hand from you. So you walked with his hand holding you.

“Then, at that time, a man named Choi Seunghyun appeared. Have you heard about him?” Junmyeon continued his story.

“Eh? Never…”

“He was Shin Segi’s student. Then, I don’t know the detail, that man interested to Rijin”

You remembered Baekhyun told you that Rijin disappeared with her boyfriend before. You thought that was him who run with Rijin.

Junmyeon make you sat on the edge of the pond. There were many koi on the pond and Junmyeon gave you a pack of fish food. You accepted that. He continued his words.

“There was someone that said that man went abroad with Rijin. But that was wrong, that man still stayed at Seoul. Seems like he didn’t bother with his life and failed at his study”

Then, because of Rijin’s departure, Baekhyun become not practical. You think like that. Then you felt a little annoyed and throw the fish food to the pond harshly.

Junmyeon a little scared to see you like that. He paused a while but then continue his story. He his hair with his fingers while he started talking again.

“Seems like in that time, Rijin was working in a music theatre. I heard from one of the staff, she always deliver her music with a record, but there was a lack on the last part of the song. The she couldn’t get contacted at all. All the staff become panic. But then, that lacked part covered by a score”

You looked at Junmyeon. You didn’t want your guess about that become right. Junmyeon only smiled at you.

“I’m not finish yet. That score was delivered by a boy.” Junmyeon took something on his jacket that was an envelope. “So, there is someone that know about what really happened at that time. If you are really curious, you can talk to him” Then Junmyeon showed his smirk to you and you hate it that you really need that contact person.

“Why you doing that? You digging that matter to deep that I’m too shocked that you actually doing that” You asked.

“Until now, I’m still interested with any problem about my brother. I still can’t believe that Baekhyun is that stupid. He has been fooled that easily” Junmyeon chuckled then continue, “If that incident only a misunderstanding, maybe they can be a close friend like before, right?”

You stay still. Couldn’t react to Junmyeon’s words.

Junmyeon smirked and walked closer to you, “But honestly, I didn’t care about that. I can forget that easily” Junmyeon stand beside you. He bend down until his lips only about centimeters from your ears, he whispered, “And you can assume this as an unimportant story too”

You gasped and throw the fish food on your hand to Junmyeon. Junmyeon deter that with his hand.

“You. What a crazy ajussi! Now I know why Baekhyun sunbae hate you so much!” You yelled at Junmyeon then turned your heels on. You ran leaving Junmyeon behind. But then you stopped and turned your body to face the house. “Harabeoji! Get well soon!” You yelled again, wishing Baekhyun’s grandfather will get well soon. After that you run, leaving Junmyeon completedly.

Junmyeon smiled watching you run from him. Then Hyunwoo come to Junmyeon, “Is she mad at you? I already told your grandfather that you two are in intimate relationship”

“A young couple is full of spirit. I know harabeoji know that” Junmyeon chuckled.

“I think sajangnim is watching now with his binoculars”

“So, how sick is my grandfather?” Junmyeon asked

“Ah. Hernia. That is a severe illness, right? Until he advanced his operation day”

Junmyeon chukled at Hyunwoo’s explanation. Hyunwoo continued, “If you can held her a little longer, she can meet the sajangnim. What a waste”

Junmyeon smirk, “We must patient until that time come, right?”

 

***

 

You come back to your dorm and sat in one of seat on your dorm’s study room. You palmed your face. Feeling stressed with what just happened before. You knew that Junmyeon is that bad but you didn’t think he would do that far.

Even if you already know the problem, you still couldn’t do anything about that. Were you must contacting the boy who made the misunderstanding? But you didn’t know how to do that. You hit your head to the table and thinking a little why. After 1 minutes you couldn’t stand it anymore. You grabbed your phone and called Shin Segi.

You waited and then the phone connected.

“Ah, is it you? I’m sorry you become involved in this matter” Segi said to you.

“No, that was okay”

“Rijin will be departing this afternoon”

When you heard that, you automatically yelled, “EEEEEHHH?”

“She said she will depart this afternoon. But before that she want to visit her friend’s exhibition first. That was her decision. I know that she said she would go back to Japan because she was ready for that. But I think her heart isn’t ready for that yet.”

You gave a greeting thent disconnecting the phone. You quickly run. Rijin would be back to Japan this afternoon. This was so sudden. You run crazily toward the gate of your school until you didn’t realized that Baekhyun saw you run in front of him.

 

***

 

“Rijin ah, seems like it will rain soon. Want to borrow my umbrella?”

“No. I’ll take the taxi”

Rijin walked out from the building and hailed a taxi.

“Rijin ssi!!!”

Rijin heard someone called her name. She found your figure on the bridge. You only have to down the stair and met her. But she ignored you and ride the taxi. Leaving you without waiting you first.

“Airport please” Rijin said to the driver.

“He? You didn’t want to wait her? Seems like she know you”

“It’s okay. Just go”

You saw the taxi started to move, you quickly run downstairs. Rijin glanced at your direction and saw you who run on the stairs. But suddenly you disappeared from her vision. Rijin gasped and shocked.

“She fall from the stair….” The driver said.

Rijin quickly out from the taxi and went to you. She shook your body to ensure you were still conscious or not.

“Hey, you. What are you doing?!!” Rijin asked you.

You opened your eyes and woke up slowly. “Because, you will departed soon… Ugh…” You felt a little dizzy.

“You must go to the hospital” After saying that Rijin showed her back to you and ready to go back to her taxi. But before she walked you grabbed her clothes and stopped her from walking.

“What again?” Rijin asked a little annoyed

“I already heard all of it. From Baek In Ho”

You could tell that Rijin was shocked from your word. You told her anything you know from Junmyeon and Baek In Ho. After she heard all of it, she stay still like a stone, like something was binding her.

“About your words that you want to get a punishment, he said that you were not at fault….” You finished your story.

“Stop it”

“The one that at fault is…”

“IT IS STILL SAME! IT WAS STILL MY FAULT!!!!” Rijin yelled and half crying.

After a while Rijin crying in front of you. You confused what should you do. But one thing that you sure. Rijin didn’t stole Baekhyun’s song. You walked closer to Rijin and called her, but suddenly something’s red flowing to your eyes. It was blood. Your head was bleeding.

 

***

 

Baekhyun heard that his dorm’s room main door was being knocked by someone. He approached the door and opened it. It was Chanyeol.

“Sorry for disturbing you” Chanyeol entered the room.

“What do you want?” Baekhyun asked half not interested

Chanyeol walked toward your room and opened your room’s door.

“A sudden inspection?” Baekhyun asked again.

“Emmm. Nope” Chanyeol entered your room and searched your drawer, “She asked me to find something for her. Left drawer in right corner in a polkadot pouch…. Ah. Found it!” Chanyeol took your polkadot pouch and smiled at Baekhyun. “She will not come back today”

“Ha?”

“I don’t know what the cause but she said she was fall and her head was bleeding. Now she is in the hospital. She asked me to bring her health assurance” Chanyeol explained to Baekhyun. Bakhyun stunned after heard that from Chanyeol.

“Seems like she must stay in the hospital overnight” Chanyeol finished the walked out leaving Baekhyun

 

***

 

You looked at your forehead with mirror. There was a bandage and your forehead were not bleeding again.

You sighed, “It is not even bleeding again, I can go back home…”

“Don’t do anything useless” Rijin said, “You must rest in here for tonight!” Rijin gave you a shopping bag, “Here is a change clothes for you. I don’t know if it is match with your taste”

You grinned to Rijin and it make her a little scared of you.

“What?” Rijin said

“You are really kind. Thank you so much!” You said and smiled at her. “I misjudge you. You really deserved to be Baekhyun’s special person”

“I always considered as Baekhyun’s special person, but I never considered him as special” Rijin walked toward the window and opened the curtain. She looked at the city night view as she continued, “From a special cute student, I don’t know since when, it changed to a genius that make me suffer if I keep with him”

You gulped. Half didn’t understand what Rijin’s meaning that she felt suffer when she was with Baekhyun before.

“I’m so pitiful, right? I couldn’t be a sincere teacher” Rijin turned her body and faced you. “I really envy him that he easily can make a song. The more I am trying hard to make a song the more I can’t make anything. And In Ho realized that”

 

“Wow. What a good song! I was worried for nothing. Because I heard Rijin noona couldn’t make a song and want to stop. And now I feel relieved you can make that good song!” In Ho cheerfully praised Rijin’s play.

“Oh yes?” Rijin said a little stuttered.

“Eum! The song is really good!”  In Ho took the score of the song that Rijin was played. He looked at it and surprised. “Rijin noona, this is…”

“Just go back home, In Ho ya”

“Is it him?”

“Just go and don’t come here again!” Rijin yelled at In Ho and she heard In Ho Run out from the room without saying anything.

 

“He know that but he didn’t stop me. I’m sure that it was not a problem for him” Rijin said after she told you about the story about her and Baek In Ho.

“That was not stealing!” You said

Rijin smiled at you, “It was same”

“Ugh…” You palmed your forehead, felt a bit sting from it.

“Why? Is it hurt?”

“No…”

“Sorry if it was not in your expectation. But I’m a traitor”

“Rijin ssi!”

“The last time I met Baekhyun, I said to him ‘I’m suffering when I’m with you’. And he was so shocked and I couldn’t imagine how was he must feel back then” Rijin chuckled and took her coat “So? How? You still thinking I will be apologized?” Rijin wear her coat and looked at you, “I realized that I’m not a good person. Because I didn’t strong enough to be with him, that’s why I run away from him”

You grabbed Rijin’s coat before she walked out from your room.

“Hey, why?”

You couldn’t said anything and still clutched Rijin’s coat. Rijin took off your hand from her coat and sat on your bed. She talked with her eyes on yours. “Maybe later you will understand it. My uncle said you were really resemblance me. One day, maybe you will be crying because of his talent until you couldn’t bear to be in his side”

You shocked when Rijin said that. And little thing you didn’t know. Baekhyun was hearing that in front of your room’s door. After Rijin said that the walked off from your room’s door.


 

Like finally I can update it after 3 months ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

My work is really make me busy all the time even in the weekend. huft.

I know it a little short but it is the best I can do!

hope you enjoyed it. And see you later!