Phrase 19

Song Of Love

*Baekhyun’s POV*

24 hours before, in airport…

“From the first, Shin Se Gi was not able to take care of things alone. If there is anything, I always take care of it. Until I had to come to Korea”

Now I was with Shin sonsaeng acquaintance, Mr. Zhang Yi Xing. I helped him to attend a public lecture as a speaker at one university in Korea as Shin Sonsaeng being sick. As much as possible I tried being kind to him. But this was really tiring.

“You are Shin’s student, right, Baekhyun?” Zhang asked me. I gave him my business smile

“No. My brother is. I’m only his substitute”

 

And now…

“Let’s toast for oppa~”

“What do you do, oppa?”

“Actor, right? Director?”

“No, I am a pianist” Yi Xing said

And now I was with him in a club bar. He asked me to accompany him playing with girls. And now I was really annoyed. Didn’t care what he doing now and only read my book in the corner of the room

“Woah! I can play piano too!”

Said one of the girl. I wanted to puke after hearing that. Because she has a long nail with nail art on it. A scary nail for a pianist. It was impossible to play piano with long nail like that.

“Mr. Baekhyun, later there’s club that I wanted to visit” Yi Xing told me

“Eh? But the event is tomorrow. Better if you rest in the hotel now”

After I said that, Mr. Zhang gave me a rejection face. I sighed and rose up from my seat and walked toward the door. Wanted to go out from this room.

 “Where are you going? Mind to buy me a pizza?” Yi Xing asked me. But I ignored him and walked out from the room.

I went to the lobby and sat on the sofa. I put my elbow on the arm length of the sofa and I leaned my head to my hand.

“As my substitute in the open lecture this time, please meet my friend at the airport and escorted him to the campus on the appointed day. He was a very obedient to schedule”

Shin Sonsaeng said that before but it was a lie after all. Mr. Zhang was not a person that obedient to schedule. And he was more annoying than Shin sonsaeng. Once out from the airport, he doesn’t want escorted directly to the hotel. He asked me to accompany him to walk around Seoul and he decided the destination. In the last 24 hours I and he had gone to seven different places in Seoul. This certainly he had planned earlier. Really tiring.

And it was all because of you. Because you said if I didn’t visit Shin sonsaeng, you wouldn’t focus to study and you promise that you wouldn’t get any bad scores if I visited Shin sonsaeng. But why did the last time we met you even told me to go? I didn’t understand that part.

I fished out my phone from my pocket and checked it. The battery was out. I sighed.

“Who do you want to call?”

I startled because Yixing suddenly asked me. I put my phone back to my pocket.

“Nothing. Yesterday, we didn’t stay at the booked hotel. I worried Shin will be worry” I told him

“Se Gi, huh? He won’t be worry. As the person who has troubled you, I think you've done the best, really”

I avoided my eyes from him. Scared my annoyed face would annoyed him. And I didn’t think he would think like that.

“Since I know Se Gi, he is childish. Ri Jin said that too”

I shocked when I heard Ri Jin’s name and looked at him. Why he knew about her.

“Ah, Ri Jin is Se Gi’s niece. Lately, she become my assistant. Approximately two years ago, she came to my house. There seems she had bitter memories in Korea. When she came, her conditions was terrible”

I heard what Yi Xing said carefully. I wanted to know her condition now. But he stopped talked about her and asked me to return to the hotel.

“Ah, it is a strange conversation, huh? Let’s go back to the hotel”

Yixing walked first and leave me. I palmed my face and sighed. “That granpa. Is it that job that doesn’t make sense” I murmured and I rose up from my sear and followed him.

 

***

 

Now I was standing behind Yi Xing. Yi Xing was playing a piano in a room at the hotel. I watched him played the piano.

“Thank you. You had to find a place that there is a piano”

“At the hotel, that already booked, already provided the piano in the room” I said that to him.

“You’re blessed with great hand, right? Come on, play with me”

I hesitantly come closer to him and he continued his piano. He played a hard composition and he was really good playing it. I admit that he is really a great pianist. But then I remembered about Ri Jin. I wanted to ask him about her but I didn’t know if it was a proper thing to do at this time.

“The person that being your assistant…” I asked him reluctantly

“Hm?”

“How about her?” Finally I asked him

“Fine. Try to look fine to be exact” Yi Xing answered with his hand still playing the piano beautifully. “I do not know what happened before. Definitely a problem about boy! Yes, for sure!” His play become faster. “The boy doesn’t know her feelings. At any given time, it’s useless to think about that boy. Waste of time. 100% useless!!!” Then Yixing made a hard ‘baanngg’ sound from the piano.

“Are you angry?” I asked him

“Of course!! I’m angry on Ri Jin behalf!”

I surprised when heard that. My eyes widened and my mouth half opened. Then Yixing looked at my eyes.

“Life is short. So, do what you want to do. I hate it when someone didn’t support her like that!”

*end of Baekhyun’s POV*

 

***

 

“Seriously…” Your eyes started tearing while looked at the address that Shin Se Gi gave you “I get lost”

In the next day, you went to search Baekhyun. You went with count on the address that given by Shin Se Gi. But here you were. Didn’t know where you were. Lost in a place you didn’t know. People began to notice you but no one seemed to want to help you.

“Today absolutely nothing is right. Definitely unusual because I skipped the classes”

Yes. You skipped your classes today to search Baekhyun. At first you took the wrong train and because of the limited money, you walk away. And now you being the lost children.

“I wish Ra Eum eonni was here” You regreted for rejecting Ra Eum’s offer before. “No, no, no. I will find him with myself” But you determined would found Baekhyun alone.

You entered the building that you know it was a university where Baekhyun should go. You looked at the address and you ensure you were entered the right building.

“It is strange… It should be in building number 3, right?”

You wandered around. There were many people that bring a music instrument. You walked without looked at the front and something bumped you.

“Watch out, stupid!”

You looked at the front when you heard that and saw something would fall to you. A cello would fall to you.

“Aaaaaaaa”

 

***

 

Baekhyun was in a room with Yi Xing. He saw Yi Xing talked with someone and suddenly he heard something from the outside.

“I’m sorrryyyyy!!!!!”

“Waiiiit!!!! Don’t run away”

“This voice…” Baekhyun murmured and opened the door and saw you run away from someone.

“Don’t run! Catch her!”

Baekhyun saw you being catch by someone you? Why are you here?” Baekhyun asked without passed the door.

“Is she your acquaintance, Mr. Baekhyun?” Yi Xing asked

Baekhyun turned his head to look at him and nodded his head “Yes”

“Thank you for accompany me. You can leave now”

“Sorry, and excuse me”

“Ah, yes. Ri Jin said she was regretted that she already betrayed a boy named Byun Baekhyun that 'look arrogant, but actually soft-hearted and lonely'” Yi Xing said that to Baekhyun and smiled to him.

“I don’t need that. Maybe” Baekhyun answered and tried to not show his surprised face.

“Hm… It’s like that?” Yi Xing chuckled lightly and Baekhyun went out from the room and run after you.

you!!!” Baekhyun called you and you turned your head to see him

“Baekhyun sunbaaaaeeeeee” You called him with your panicked face

“We didn’t do anything to her” said the boy that catch you before and started explaining “This kid hit a cello’s hard case, then she fell down the stairs. So we thought it was better he was taken to the infirmary.”

“Sorry! But I’m fine! Really fine!”

You apologized to the boy and Baekhyun sighed and palmed his face.

 

***

 

“So? What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked you

You were with Baekhyun in the university’s lobby. You sat on the sofa and Baekhyun stand beside you. You ducked your head. Too afraid to look at Baekhyun.

“Was I have that much in common with that girl named Ri Jin?” You finally asked him

Baekhyun gasped when he heard that from you. He stuttered. “That… From who you…” and stopped talking.

You looked at Baekhyun’s eyes. Waited for his answer. But he only silent and stared at you.

“I got sick from being said that I similar with Ri Jin, you know! I got to stomp your uniform in the dorm!” You told Baekhyun with fiery tone

“Hah?!!”

“I will revealed your secret! Give and take!!”

“Hoo…” Baekhyun a little angry after he knew that you stomped at his uniform and avoided your eyes “If it said that you resembled her, it is not wrong actually” Baekhyun walked away from you and asked a student if around the university is there any good restaurant.

“Then?” you asked Baekhyun. But he didn’t answered you. “Later you brush teeth I will wear it to clean the mattress, you know!” You said that and smirked

Baekhyun turned his body and looked at you. He wanted to hit you but he can’t do it. You sing song about ‘give and take’. And then Baekhyun sat on the sofa beside you.

Baekhyun sighed and ducked his head. “Her face is similar with you, but the character is similar to me. Yeah, but it's just my assumption”

You heard Baekhyun’s story carefully and stared at him. Slowly, Baekhyun’s memories about Ri Jin come back to his mind. Ri Jin was a person that can make him drifted when being with her.

“Because of that, I am happy with her. I feel comfortable. But she did not feel like it” Baekhyun closed his eyes while he remembered Ri Jin once said ‘I suffering when I with you’ before. “Then she disappeared. Without any trace”

“Disappeared? Why?” You asked

“I don’t know. Some said she become bankrupt. Because she disappeared with her boyfriend, so some say that she eloped. I do not know the real reason” Baekhyun took a deep breath after said that.

“Eh? You weren’t her boyfriend?!!” You asked him and he gave you ‘whatareyousay’ face and you know he wasn’t her boyfriend. “But, you already searched her, right?”

Baekhyun only silent after heard your question. He rose up from his seat and started walking “Let’s grab something to eat” He said that. And you grabbed the hem of his jacket, to prevent him to run away.

“Baekhyun sunbae!” You shouted at him

Baekhyun grabbed your hands, make it loose from his jacket “Why you are so stubborn?!” Then he squeezed you hand until you felt pain on it. He squeezed your bad hand, the hand that got bitten by dog yesterday. Baekhyun saw your hand in bandage and made his eyebrows connected.

“Hey! Why your hand is like this?! What trouble are you doing again, huh?!” Baekhyun asked you with worried face

You tear up because of the pain but you tried to hold it.

“You… Is it better if you go and meet her, right?! Ri Jin si characters is like yours, right?! Meant he also had the same shortcomings like you, right?!”

“What are you talking about?!” Baekhyun started walked away from you and you followed him still talked to him on the way

“Be… Because… Baekhyun sunbae always modest and don’t want being serious. So that, many strange rumors about you. If you meet RI Jin si, probably you can back to your actual self. From the first, in your heart, there is a desire to do that, right?! Life is long!!”

Baekhyun stopped walking and turned his head to look at you. He startled after you said ‘life is long’ and remembered what Yi Xing said about ‘Life is short, so do what you want to do’.

“You already sick for being said that you resembled Ri Jin, right? May be I am like that too” Baekhyun chuckled lightly

“He? Is it like that? It can be like that?” You confused and wrinkled your eyebrow.

“Enough. No need to discuss about her again. Anyway, nothing can be done anymore” Baekhyun think he must end it. Because if he continue to being slumped because of parting with Ri Jin, he would always make him feel uneasy and so can’t doing anything. Enough until here.

“By the way, you troubled yourself to come here just to want to ask about Ri Jin?” asked Baekhyun to you

“Eh?” You startled because of the sudden question. But you tried to answer it. “It’s not only that. I don’t want you to go”

“Me? Go? Where?”

“Go invited by Mr. Zhang abroad” You said that with low voice and felt embarrassed after said that.

Baekhyun still quiet. Tried to swallow the situation. Then he smirked.

“Oooh. So it’s like that. So that you hurriedly come here to hold me, right? But I'm also new to this matter~” Baekhyun come closer to you and leaned his face to your face. He teased you. But you avoided his eyes.

“Still don’t want to admit it?”

You started runing away from him and screamed. But Baekhyun caught you and grab your bad hand

“You still haven’t told me why your hand is like this?” Baekhyun asked you

“Bitten by a dog yesterday” You answered him, still tried to avoid his eyes

“But eventually you skip the school as well, right. Your good name tarnished by yourself who always obedient. Stupid”

“Yeah yeaaah~~” You sing song and walked away from him

“But your face really resembled her”

“I don’t care!”

“Hmm~” Baekhyun said that and smiled to you. Then he walked in front of you, left you that still stunned.

“Hey, come on!” Baekhyun called you

“Ha?”

“Come with me to an open lecture. It is rare that there is a chance guided by that person. You can learn a lot from him”

“Eh? Is he as great as you?” You asked him reluctantly

Baekhyun shocked when you asked that but then he ignored it “I’m leaving”

“Wa.. Wait!” You run after him and walked beside him

You think, Someday your wounds would be healed. Likewise with Baekhyun. But you relieved for coming here. Indeed, every time you thought about Ri Jin you become restless. But finallly you understand about feelings Baekhyun. But somehow, you feel it too soon to hear that you resembled Ri Jin from Baekhyun’s mouth directly.  

“Once we home, we discussed about my uniform and my tooth brush, okay?” Baekhyun said that with suspicious smiled and patted your head hardly.

“We already talked about it before!!” You defend yourself.

But still you wished Baekhyun would didn’t do mean thing later.

 

***

 

Ra Eum was followed you from the first time. And she now reported what she saw to Baekbeom happily.

“That girl talking about Ri Jin? Is it right?!!” Baekbeom asked on the speaker

“It’s right!!” Ra Eum answered cheerfully

“I thought she wouldn’t get to do that far. She is great, that you. Then? How about my stupid brother?”

“Seems like he is happy”

“He? That happy?  It’s good. Maybe I should make a note of condolences for Junmyeon hyung”

“What are you talking??!!” Ra Eum become panicked because Baekbeom would doing something reckless.

“Keep calm, I'm always helping to clear up that fool’s problem. I want to see his ugly figure who is crying. This is the desire of a brother. Well, you go home. The next matter we leave it to the you

“Yes”

Then Ra Eum hung up the phone.


 

Hello there~

Welcome to my new subbies!

I hope you all like this chapter. :D

For next chapter I will bot write about Baekhyun or 'your'. I will write about Jin Young. I'm kinda want to solve about his problem about his partner before.

So please anticipated it! Thank you ^^/