Phrase 26

Song Of Love

 

“He? Junmyeon and Baekhyun? Similar?”

“Eum! Are you not realizing that?”

You talked with Ra Eum about Baekhyun and Junmyeon while you both drink your tea. And after you said that, you feeling eerie from your back. Baekhyun was sitting on the sofa behind you and he looked at you with fierce gaze. Then he walked to you and caught your hair. He pulled you closer to him but he make sure that you didn’t hurt because of that. Baekhyun made you sit beside him, still with your hair in his hand.

“But you were really great!” Ra Eum said and chuckled.

“Eh?”

“Baekbeom said that too! He said ‘she trapped between two similar weird men’. That’s mean you and Baekbeom were have a same idea! Is that love? Love?” Ra Eum said that cheerfully and you gain a lazy face from Baekhyun.

“Ra Eum. What are you doing here actually?” Baekhyun asked with annoyed tone.

“Ah, I want to deliver Baekbeom’s message. He asked ‘what do you do at new year? Are you coming back home?’”

Baekhyun let off your hair from his hand, “As usual. I’ll stay in dorm”

“Eh? Why? Better if you go back home and made an intimate term with your brothers?” you said and Baekhyun looked at you coldly. You started to walk away from him but you were late. He already caught you and hit your head lightly. It was hurt but you were okay because you already get used to Baekhyun’s hit.

“Ra Eum, did you know why this girl always disappear quietly?” Baekhyun asked Ra Eum, still tried to not get you away from him.

“I’m not disappear!”

“Your grinned face is really suspicious, you know?! I already said it many times, but you still following Junmyeon hyung! You already become his friend, huh?!!”

“N… No…”

“So? You getting wooed by him?!!”

“No!!!!!”

“You get threatened by him?!!!”

You looked at Baekhyun eyes straightly and said, “Your brother isn’t a person like that!!!”

Baekhyun silent a while when you said that. Then you looked at his face and his face become scarier than before.

you!!!! He became madder now!!!!” Ra Eum yelled at you and you quickly go away from Baekhyun. You hugged Ra Eum, try to make her become your shield. Baekhyun walked toward you. But before he reached you, suddenly you hear someone’s voice in panic from the speaker in your room.

“FOR ALL STUDENTS. THERE IS AN INTERFERENCE FROM THE BASEMENT. PLEASE ALL STUDENT TO EVACUATE. PLEASE EVACUATE TO NEAREST ROOM”

Then before you moved your body, the surrounding become dark. The electricity was out. You quickly moved to Baekhyun’s place.

“Baekhyun sunbae!!!”

You heard the nuisance from outside your room. Seems like the robot from informatics department went crazy like before. And after a few minutes, the electricity become normal again.

“Wha… What was before…” Ra Eum rose up and blinked her eyes, trying to adapt with sudden light.

“Ah, this is happened before. Seems like informatics students make something again.” You said that to Ra Eum

Then Ra Eeum turned her body and saw Baekhyun leaned on the sofa with your hands hold his hand tightly.

“Eh?”

You realized Ra Eum was seeing you and you quickly let off your hands from Baekhyun’s. You felt a little worried because the sudden dark. You know that Baekhyun afraid being in a dark place. Because of that you quickly went to his place and hold his hand before.

Ra Eum looked at you then chuckled lightly. She took her coat and excuse herself. “I’ll go back now”

You rose up from your place and followed her. “I’ll accompany you up to the gate!!!”

You left Baekhyun alone in the room, because you didn’t want to feel awkward because of the accident before.

“You already know about Baekhyun’s phobia?” Ra Eum asked you.

“Ah? Yes…”

“I heard Baekhyun never experience that again, but is he still sleeping with the light on?”

You wondered and answering her. “Yes, sometimes…” Then you remembered the causes of Baekhyun’s phobia. “Is the perpetrator already discovered yet?”

Ra Eum sighed. “Seems like it is still blur. But I hear the perpetrator is still his relatives”

“HAAAAAA????!!!!”

You shocked. Baekhyun’s own relatives that do that to him. Why his relatives locked him in a box?

“But maybe it was Junmyeon’s private teacher. Seems like he always treating people around him badly” Ra Eum told you and paused a while. “Maybe he was mad after being fired and revenge at little Baekhyun?”

You think about that deeply and feeling really annoyed. You remembered about the people at the party you attend with Junmyeon before. People around Junmyeon always not normal.

“Reportedly the teacher was really great, maybe he felt ashamed because he was getting fired”

You huffed. “Even if he is great, it was useless if his attitude is bad. He really deserved it that Junmyeon oppa fired him”

“Eh?” Ra Eum shocked and you turned your head to her to see her surprised face.

“So… You really befriended with Junmyeon?” Ra Eum asked you.

“Eh? No… It’s not like that!” You took a breath and continue. “I always think Junmyeon oppa is scary, but it turned out that he is not a people that do something cruel for no reason. That’s why, I want him recognize Baekhyun sunbae ability”

Ra Eum smiled at you after you said that. “But I think it will be hard actually” She said to you and continue. “But it will be great if he finally recognize Baekhyun’s talent”

You waved to Ra Eum as she walking away from you. You deep thinking about what Ra Eum said to you before. Was it that hard to make Junmyeon acknowledge Baekhyun’s talent?

 

***

 

Baekbeom was in his studio, making some music. Then he heard his phone ringing. Junmyeon’s name flashed on the screen. He quickly answered the phone.

“Wow, Junmyeon hyung~ what do you need from me now~” Baekbeom said on the phone cheerfully.

“So cold to your hyung, huh?”

“Ah, really? Sawrrryyy~~” Baekbeom chuckled and continue “Ah, don’t be too mean to the youngest. He is cuter now if you don’t know that”

“That brat is being spoiled by everyone, huh?”

Baekbeom turned his tone into serious. “So? Why did you playing with high school girl then?”

“No. I’m not doing that”

“Sorry? What do you mean by ‘no’?”

“Instead of us talking about that, I want to talk to you who are idle right now…”

 

***

 

You were walking in school’s hallway. But then you heard someone calling your name. You turned your head to see who were calling you. That was Chanyeol. You stopped walking and wait Chanyeol that run to you.

“Hello!” Chanyeol greet you.

“Ah, sunbae. You seems so busy. Because of yesterday incident, right?” You talked to him.

“Eum. Many equipment broken because of that. I got headache because of that”

You walked with Chanyeol and he continue talking to you. “Every year, informatics student’s research must be wary. And this year is the most severe”

“Ah? Is there anything that I can do to help you?” you offered him

“There is!” Chanyeol smile and pointed at one direction.

The music room. You felt a bad feeling about that.

“Can you pick up the person that sleep in there?”

 

***

 

You sigh. You already in front of the door of the music room that Chanyeol pointed before. You opened the door and see Baekhyun’s is sleeping beside the window. His right hand on the verge of the window and his head leaned on his arm. The curtain wave because of the wind. You walked toward him and quickly close the window. Worried Baekhyun would catch a cold because of the wind.

You looked at the sleeping Baekhyun. He looked cute when he sleep, you think. Then suddenly Baekhyun’s eyes opened. You a little startled because of the sudden awake. Baekhyun looked at you with his cold stare.

“Wha… What?!!! Why your face is like that??” You asked Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stretched his body and then he tidy up his hair. “No”

You think Baekhyun was still mad at you. So you decide to confront him.

“Baekhyun sunbae, I want to ask you something” You said. You know you couldn’t ask it. But you really want to know the answer.

“What?”

You smiled at Baekhyun. “Perhaps, are you jealous?”

You saw Baekhyun’s face turned shock. Then he looked at you silently without say anything. It made the atmosphere become awkward. You confused because of Baekhyun’s reaction. You only joke about that but Baekhyun’s reaction was so weird because of that.

“Wah, what a coincidence that you two are in here”

You gasped and looked at the door. You saw Hyunwoo in there.

“Hello, good afternoon” Hyunwoo bowed a little and greet you two.

“Eh? Hyunwoo ssi? Why are you in here?” You asked him and Baekhyun still silent. He put his lazy face when he saw Hyunwoo.

“I’m here because Junmyeon sajangnim asked me. It’s about ‘give and take’ thing”

You gulped when Hyunwoo said that. Baekhyun looked at you and asked “Hey? What’s wrong?”

You quickly grab Baekhyun’s arm and looked at his face. “Baekhyun sunbae! Let’s go for a date with me!!!” You can’t hide your embarrassment when you said that. Your face turned red because of that.

“Haaa???!!!”

 

***

 

You linked your hand to Baekhyun’s arm. You guided him to a restaurant bar. During the trip to the bar, Baekhyun always nagged at you, asking where we would go and wanted to go back to the dorm.

“I have a bad feeling about this. I want to go back” Baekhyun said before entered the bar.

“No! It’s a date!”

Then you two entered the bar and saw Junmyeon and Hyunwoo already there. They looked at you and Baekhyun.

“See? I’m right about my bad feeling” Baekhyun sighed and massage his temple.

Junmyeon chuckled. “You easily lured by your girlfriend, huh?”

Baekhyun made his hand around your neck. Worried Junmyeon would do something you or you would go to his place instead of stay with him.

“Sit. Just eat as you like” Junmyeon said then he paused a while. “Ah. I will hear it carefully. I am in a good mood today.” Then he pointed at the piano on the corner of the room. “Play it. Show me your piano here”

You silent when you hear Junmyeon said that. Your mind went to the time when you talked about this with Junmyeon before.

“This time you helped me. Because of that, please hear me this time. What do you want?” Junmyeon asked you

“Ah… If it is like that, please hear Baekhyun sunbae’s piano once. Don’t set your mind that you will hate it. Please just hear it.” You said that to Junmyeon. Half begging to him.

“You… You really want me to acknowledge his talent in music quickly, huh?”

“No! It’s not like that. I just want you to hear his piano without any bad thinking. It’s enough for me if your vision changed about Baekhyun sunbae after you hear that”

Junmyeon smiled and his smile turned into smirk. “Okay. Let’s see”

Yes, because of that you were in here. Dragging along Baekhyun all the way here with you. Because of you deal with Junmyeon. You looked at Junmyeon. His eyes showed you that he was challenging you. You smirked and then you grab Baekhyun’s hand and lifted it to the air.

“Hello everybody!!! We will presenting a song for you all!” You shouted and dragged Baekhyun toward where the piano was.

“Haaa??!” Baekhyun flustered and shouted “Hey! What is your plan now?!!!!”

“People here are drunk, they won’t care about you that play the piano. But please accompany me. I’ll sing with your piano as the music” You pulled Baekhyun’s hand so your face become near him and whispered “Instead of run away, better if we get embarrassed together”

Baekhyun sighed and let off his hand from you. He sat on the piano’s chair and ed his coat. “Ah, jinjja!”

You smiled then Baekhyun started playing the piano. You started singing too. You sing loudly. The attention turned into you and Baekhyun now.

“Here! Use it as a mic!” A half-drunk man give you a glass.

“Eh?” You accepted the glass and continue singing. Baekhyun played the piano really well. You and the other guest enjoyed it.

“So it is like this. Are you satisfied now?” Hyunwoo asked Junmyeon. Junmyeon didn’t answered that and heard all the people saying about you and Baekhyun.

“The pianist is so good! He is so young. Still high schooler maybe?”

“Ah, the singer is not that good. But, it’s fun!”

Junmyeon smiled and looked at you and Baekhyun. After you finished singing, you felt your cheeks in burning because of the embarrassment. You quickly bowed and went to Junmyeon’s table. Baekhyun followed walking behind you, but he a little troubled because he blocked by the people that greeted him.

“I saw something interesting” Junmyeon said to you

“Uuukkh. I’m really nervous singing in front of many people like that”

“No one asked you to do that actually” Junmyeon cackled and he saw Baekhyun come closer, he looked at Baekhyun. “For me, he is still only playing around. It’s useless”

You keep silent. Didn’t know what to reply Junmyeon. Baekhyun too. He only silent.

“But… I appreciate you guys for making the guests here happy”

“Eh?”

You couldn’t hid your shocked face as Junmyeon said that from his own mouth. You couldn’t feel not happy too when you hear it. You saw Junmyeon wear his coat with Hyunwoo’s help. Ready to go from there. Then after he finished wearing his coat, he turned his head to look at you and Baekhyun.

“If you want to persuade me, try harder dongsaeng ah~. Because of that girl, I assume today is finished” Junmyeon said that to Baekhyun.

“Persuade you? For what?” Baekhyun answered Junmyeon

“You really a stupid brother, huh?” Junmyeon chuckled and turned his heels on. “A blood tie is a scary thing, right?” Junmyeon walk away from you and Baekhyun. You followed him and Baekhyun couldn’t not leave you with Junmyeon, so he followed you.

“Easy there, Baekhyun ssi” Hyunwoo stopped Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked at Hyunwoo and talked with him.

“What kind of joke is it?”

“He only fulfil his promise with miss you

“Promise?” Baekhyun asked he saw you run into Junmyeon.

“Yes, because miss you wants Junmyeon kangdongnim hear your piano”

Baekhyun couldn’t hid his shocked face as he heard that from Hyunwoo. He didn’t think you would go this far for his sake.

“I’m sure you wouldn’t play the piano here, but you do it” Hyunwoo smiled when he said that and Baekhyun feel a little embarrassed because of that.

Meanwhile, you run into Junmyeon but Junmyeon didn’t seem want to stop his walk. But suddenly he stoped and your face met with his back. You pulled your face and saw Junmyeon looked at you.

“What?” Junmyeon asked

“Ah… That… I didn’t mean to force you. I want my parent acknowledge too. That’s why the reason I am doing anything I want for Baekhyun sunbae’s sake. I asked you to fulfil my wish…”

You always got involved with Baekhyun’s problem, but you didn’t solved anything about your problem.

“Hey… Why are you all gathered in here?”

You shocked as someone said that. You turned your body and saw Baekbeom’s figure was here.

“Eh? Baekbeom si? Why are you here???!!!” You said a little bit flustered

“Because at that bar one of my staff will release his new single” Baekbeom answered you.

Your face turned pale as you hear that. Baekbeom’s staff that was mean he is a professional. You turned your head to look at Baekhyun that stand in front of the door of the bar. Then you palmed you face. “Just before I sing in there! What an embarrassing event!!! Aaaaaaaah”

Junmyeon chuckled to see your attitude. You never failed to make him feel fun. “You really interesting. Are you serious you don’t want to go with me?”

You let off your hands from your face and looked at Junmyeon with flustered face. “Eh?”

“I hate stupid people”

Junmyeon come closer to you. “But I like your faithfulness” After said that he leaned closer to you and pulled your scarf until your cheek meet with his lips.

You shocked. Your face turned red. Baekhyun saw that too. Baekbeom only massage his temple because of his older brother attitude. Junmyeon smiled at you and give a sign to Hyunwoo to go to their car.

“See you later” Junmyeon said.

You cupped your face with your hand. Still feeling hot on your cheeks. Then you saw walked toward his car. Then you feel a bad atmosphere from behind. You turned your head and saw Baekhyun already with his furious mode.

“You…”

“Ah! Baekhun sunbae! That was only a misunderstanding! Junmyeon oppa is always abroad, right?!!” You tried to defend yourself. But seems like you failed. Baekhyun already in front of your face with his intimidating gaze.

“He is 100% Korean you know!!!!”

you!!!”

You heard Junmyeon called you and you turned your head to saw him. You saw him smiling at you with your notebook in his hand.

“Ah! My notebook!!!” You quickly run toward Junmyeon to get back your notebook. Leaving Baekhyun and Baekbeom.

“Hey Baekhyun. If you too underestimate, he will really snatch her from you” Baekbeom said to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned his head and saw you outside Junmyeon’s car, begging for your notebook. “Just try it then”

Meanwhile, you tried to get back your notebook from Junmyeon. After a little beg finally Junmyeon gave back your notebook. He said something to you.

“About your ‘score list scenario’, if I am your mother, I will asked you to expel from school and drag you home. Even you try to beg it, it still will not easy. But after saw you struggling like this, I finally understand that you are serious.”

For you, it was enough if your family understand your wish to sing. It would make you stand straightly.

“Is it because of that brat?” Junmyeon asked

“Eh?”

“If you failed, I’m ready to adopt you”

After said that Junmyeon’s car move and leave you alone with still your flustered mind.

“Don’t say about bad thing please…”

You know Junmyeon wouldn’t hear that, but you still said it and wish everything will be all right.

 


 

Sorry for not updating in a very long time ㅠㅠ

I've been really busy with school task, research and exam. No ending for that ㅠㅠ

Thank you for still reading this story. I hope you stil enjoyed it.

Maybe I'll go hiatus till August but I'm still trying to update if I have a time.

So, see you later?