Phrase 16

Song Of Love

Your showed your back to Baekhyun that sit on the chair behind you. You faced the board and wrote something on it. You wrote a musical notes that Baekhyun instructing to you. You wrote it in hesitation, and then glancing at Baekhyun. You still didn’t understand anything about any musical notes yet.

“It is right like that?” Baekhyun asked you.

You startled when Baekhyun asked that. You turned your head to look at Baekhyun and grinned at him. “W… Wrong?” 

“You dare to make a mistake?! Stupid!” Baekhyun shouted at you and hit your head with the book that he hold.

“Aaaaak. I’m sorry!!!”

“I’ll play it again. Hear it carefully!” Baekhyun turned his body and played the piano.

You knew that responsibility of a student was study. And exam week would be approaching soon. And now you felt like you were in a hell.

 

*flashback*

“Double penalty?!!!!” You shouted and your eyes widened with your mouth half opened.

“Why I never heard about it before?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol

“Because you never in the dorm even you always attending the exam. What a pity, but the rules said that. When in exam period, the penalty got doubled. The partner must do that too” Chanyeol told you and Baekhyun.

“It is because Baekhyun sunbae always playing around in night! It made me also got the penalty too!” You shouted at Baekhyun. Angry because you must done the penalty. Doubled penalty.

“Ah, no, no. I don’t want to have a stupid partner like you”

“Don’t call me stupid!!!”

“Yah… You want it or not, you must do it, Baekhyun. You must doing troublesome thing so you will deterred with penalty” Chanyeol said to Baekhyun with smile.

*end of flashback*

 

That was why now you trapped in one of the music practice room with Baekhyun.

“You can catch the tone but you can’t write it. What a useless person” Baekhyun said to you.

You think, later, if you get a big achievement, you can told your parents about your department transfer. But, here you are. Can’t even wrote the musical notes.

You sat on the floor and pulled your legs up under your chin. “Since I was children, if I studied something, all people become harsh to me. Usually, people will happy doing what he or she like, conversely, I feel scared” You said that with depression on your face.

“No excuse. So it is what Chanyeol mean with troublesome thing”

You turned your head to face Baekhyun “I’ll struggling to do it…”

“It is a must!” Baekhyun sighed and gave you a paper “Come here”

You come closer to Baekhyun and took the paper.

“It is the notes from before. You learn it and match it with what you already work on it before”

“Eh? O… Okay”

Even Baekhyun taught you sadistically, but he made you think it was not an impossible thing to you too. Baekhyun told you how to read the music sheet step by step and you slowly become understand it. Then you hear someone knocked on the door.

“Excuse me. Are you practice something now?”

“Ah, Chanyeol sunbae!”

“How? Even Baekhyun like to wandering around at night, but he can solved his test easily. Genius teacher is so different, right?” Chanyeol asked you then chuckled lightly.

“Why this world is so unfair” You said that to Chanyeol

“I know your feeling” Chanyeol patted your head.

“You come only to disturb us, huh?” Baekhyun said that with annoyed tone.

“I want to check something. What’s wrong with your phone lately, Baekhyun ah? I just want to ask that”

“I’m charging it. I’m forget to bring it” Baekhyun answered blindly.

“Don’t make an excuse. Answer it if someone called you. If you didn’t do that, you will only hear a rumor”

Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol and rose up from his seat. Then he walked away, left you and Chanyeol. Slowly his figure disappear from your sight. You felt the situation become strange now. Something must be happened.

“Ah, really!”

“Eh, that…”

“Ah, I’m sorry to disturb your study” Chanyeol apologized to you

“It’s okay”

“Seems like he got a ‘love call’. Seems like he could not be persuaded anymore” Chanyeol said that and you keep silent because you didn’t understand what that ‘love call’ was and what actually happened now.

 

***

 

You were in your room. You want to cook some late night snack, so you went to the kitchen. Baekhyun just finished showering. Then you heard someone knocked at the door. You opened the door then you saw Ra Eum there.

“Why you never answered your call?!!!” Ra Eum shouted without say anything before. Baekhyun startled to hear that and stared at her.

“Please! I just want to talk! Please!” Ra Eum sat on the floor and pleaded at Baekhyun. But Baekhyun ignored her and went to his own room and slammed his door.

You didn’t understand what actually happened. But you barely know now, what call that Chanyeol mean before. So you asked Ra Eum to sit on the sofa and prepared something warm to make her calmed down.

“Sorry for the trouble at night like this” Ra Eum accepted the tea that you offered to her.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong with Baekhyun sunbae?” you asked Ra Eum. But you didn’t get any answer from her. She started crying and you flustered.

“Eh?? Ra Eum eonni??!! What’s wrong?!!!”

“I wish I was more usefuuul”

You tried to calm Ra Eum down but you confused what to do. But then she stopped crying and started to tell you. You think she was a weird person, because she can stopped crying in a little time.

“Shin sonsaeng, teacher that teach Baekhyun to play piano, is being hospitalized. He said he want to meet with Baekhyun. But whenever I called Baekhyun, he never answered it” Ra Eum told you

“Hospitalized? Is it that bad?” You asked Ra Eum.

“He is old already though”

After Ra Eum said that, you imagine an old man suffered from his ill in a hospital bed. An oxygen covered his mouth and he barely can breathe. He hummed Baekhyun’s name in his sleep, wanted to meet him. What a scary imagination you think. Then you rose up from your place and went to Baekhyun’s room. You banged his door.

“Baekhyun sunbae! You are a cruel monster! Please hear it if someone talked to you!!!” You shouted while banging at Baekhyun’s door. Then door opened and Baekhyun hit your head.

“So noisy! You red score girl!!! It’s not your business!!” Baekhyun yelled at you

“I never have a red score! Someone wants to meet with you! If he passed away, you will never can meet him again!” you shouted at Baekhyun and ready if Baekhyun would hit you again.

“I didn’t say like that. But, Baekhyun, why you didn’t want to visit him? I ask for your time. A little of your time.” Ra Eum asked Baekhyun and pleaded at him.

Baekhyun silent a while than he grabbed your shoulder with his hands, “My time is up for watching over this troublesome girl!”

You shocked. Why Baekhyun used you as his excuse. Then you have an idea. You didn’t know it would be succeed or not. But you think you must tried it.

“If… If… Baekhyun sunbae want to visit your teacher, I won’t get any red score!”

“Hah?”

“Because, if I continue thinking about this matter, I can’t concentrate on my study, right?”

Ra Eum face become bright and asked you “If then, how if you come with us? Actually, I get some coupon for lunch in a hotel and I want to give it to you” Then Ra Eum give you the coupon and you saw it.

“Wow! The desert from this place is delicious, right?”

“Yes! The cake created as works of art. The tart is also limited edition!”

“Wow! I’ll go then!!”

“Good. If then, we will meet at 10 tomorrow okay?” Ra Eum said that and went out from the room. Then you saw her closed the door.

You looked at Baekhyun and saw his back. You saw him like he was in a difficult situation. You think he really didn’t want to visit his teacher.

“Why you acted like that? Why you didn’t want to meet with your teacher?” you asked Baekhyun and come closer to him. Then he patted your head hard and you feel pain on your head.

“If you get a red score later, prepare yourself for the punishment!” Baekhyun said that and went to his room then he slammed the door.

You went to kitchen to make a snack as you thinking about Baekhyun. You didn’t understand why he acted like that. He didn’t answered his phone and didn’t want to meet with his teacher. Is it possible that he didn’t acknowledge his teacher again? Then you remembered and think, since when he became like that. He never told you about when he being asked to enter another school but choosing this school instead. Or when he became a winner in a contest music. If he can win a contest, that’s mean he already studied music very hard from the start. After all, now his hospitalized teacher want to meet him and you decided will give all you have to make him meet with his teacher.

 

***

 

At first, you felt like you want to get interfere.

“Me and you wait here okay?” Ra Eum said to Baekhyun happily

But you regretted it now after you saw scary face of Baekhyun when he would be meeting with his teacher now. You, Baekhyun, and Ra Eum were in the hospital now. Black aura coming out from his body, showed his reluctance to meet with his teacher.

“I already said it to Shin sonsaeng that you would come!” Ra Eum told Baekhyun

You stared at Baekhyun. Was he angry now? You scared the situation would went back like before when Baekhyun being an annoyed person.

“His room at 4th floor room 433, okay?” Ra Eum said to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun started to walk but then you grab his hand, stopped him. You looked in to his eyes and said “Are you okay?”

Baekhyun hit your head. “Of course!!” After that he went to his teacher room and his figure disappeared from your sight. Even Baekhyun said he was okay, but you still worried about him.

 

***

 

You now on the café near the hospital. You sat with Ra Eum and drank coffee with her. You saw her face and you know she was in a difficult situation. The situation got a little bit awkward for you. No one from you that started the conversation first.

“I’m sorry” Ra Eum broke the silent.

“He?”

“You become involved now” Ra Eum said that to you with regretted face and you showed her your not understand face. Then she continue “I don’t know how to take Baekhyun here with my own might”

“Eh, it’s okay!”

“Then, there’s something that I didn’t told you yet”

“Ha?”

You can’t think anything that Ra Eum didn’t told you yet. But then Ra Eum eyes changed. She like saw something behind you. Then you turned your body to see what Ra Eum see. Then you see a beautiful figure with coat. The coat cover the figure from head to knee, with the hoodie cover its head, and it have a long hair. You think it was very beautiful, gorgeous to be exact. It opened his hoodie showed its beautiful long and soft hair. You didn’t know it was a male or a female.

“Which?” You asked abruptly to that figure.

“Ha? What do you mean with ‘which’?”

“Ah, male…” Your face got red after heard his voice. Embarrassed. He was a male. And you heard Ra Eum hold her laughter.

“You have a courage, huh? You are a girl that stayed with that bastard boy, right?” He asked you.

Your face showed that you really confused. Then Ra Eum stand up from her seat and introduce him to you.

“He is Byun Baekbeom, Baekhyun’s older brother”

“Heh?”

“There is one brother again that older than me”

You shocked that Baekhyun have older brother, two older brothers. You confused, why his brother came her and met with you now. You felt a bad feeling from this.

 

***

 

Baekhyun checked the room number. 4th floor room 433. After he sure that he was in right room, he opened the door. He stunned after saw what happened inside. He saw his teacher eating a cookies deliciously and he stopped eating as he realized someone was being in his door.

“You seem healthy” Baekhyun sighed as he entered the room and approached his teacher.

“Aih… we don’t know what will happen, right? It was because virus that scattering everywhere” Shin Se Gi chuckled after said that.

“Only influenza, huh?” Baekhyun said that with annoyed tone and determine he would give Ra Eum some punishment later.

“It's been a very long time we did not meet, Baekhyun ssi. I’m very glad you come to visit me” Shin Se Gi said that to Baekhyun. He took a breath and continued. “I taught you till you become that great, but there are none of my students that didn’t enjoy their future like you. I worried why you become like this now.”

 

***

 

“I also used to be bothered by Shin sonsaeng. But I don’t know why he want to meet Baekhyun instead of me”

Then Baekbeom drank his coffee. “Ng? The coffee isn’t delicious. Ah, I hate the coffee in the office too”

Baekbeom sat across your seat. From the first he met you, he always complained about single thing. You think this egoism was flowing in Byun Family’s blood.

“Ah, the person that made arrangement for Baekhyun’s song is this Baekbeom” Ra Eum told you

“Hee?” You surprised to hear that

“Almost all Baekhyun’s song” Ra Eum told you again and you become more surprised. A weird person like Baekbeom that done the arrangement of almost all Baekhyun’s song was a shocking fact for you.

“I give her some of the CDs” Ra Eum told Baekbeom

“Ah… That… That CD with blue cover, third track, I’m crying while hear it. I’m very like it!!” You shouted that to Baekbeom

“Ah, you have a good taste. And I understand your thought” Baekbeom smirked at you and you didn’t know what was behind that smirk.

“You really like Baekhyun, right? You are generous, to be exact. Because only with seeing his face, you must know that he is a troublesome boy, right?” Baekbeom told you and you become speechless after heard that.

You know it was not like that. If about Baekhyun that being troublesome, you agree with that. But about you like him, it was absolutely wrong.

“Ah, Baekhyun is like her too!” Ra Eum told Baekbeom

You felt hot on your face when Ra Eum said that and you quickly denied it “No! It’s wrong!!” You shouted at Baekbeom and Ra Eum

“Hm? No? Ah, I’m disappointed to hear that. I think two year after ‘that’, finally he attracted to a girl again. But seems like I’m wrong then” Baekhyun said

“I’m already said it! It’s not like that…” You stopped your talk as you processed Baekbeom’s word. You didn’t know what he mean with ‘that’. Then you asked him “Two… Two years?”

“Do you want to hear the story?” Baekbeom smirked and asked you “Do you want to know what that can make Baekhyun interested?”

You think deeply what Baekbeom said. You wanted to know what make Baekhyun interested before. You become curious because Baekbeom said that. But…

“I want to know it. But my feeling said something scary will be happened” You said that with frightened voice, remembered about ‘give and take’ thing with Baekhyun before. You become frustrated because of your curiosity and scared feeling.

“Yeah, actually it’s not a story about him. Baekhyun is in a dangerous situation now” Baekbeom told you

“Eh?”

“Seems like his bad attitude is being known by Junmyeon hyung. Till now, he successfully deceived him.”

“Ha?”

“Junmyeon hyung always abroad and he didn’t like music. Music was hard to do, so hyung disagreed about Baekhyun doing that. This is the start of the problem. So I came to tell you this. What do you think about what Baekhyun can’t do?” Baekbeom suddenly asked you

“Ha?”

“Hyung said to Baekhyun, ‘If you don’t have the interest, stop school at there, then come here to get your MBA degree!’. Junmyeon hyung said that”

Again.

“From the first, Junmyeon hyung don’t like if Baekhyun take the music major”

You wondered why they talked about this matter to you.

“For me, it’s no problem with Baekhyun. He want to follow Junmyeon hyung’s order or not. Because I think he is no longer interested in music”

You surprised to hear that. Your eyes widened and your mouth half opened.

“Then, Ra Eum said your arrival made a big improvement for Baekhyun, but the Baekhyun before is greater than this. That bastard is really confident about his skill though. But he said that he would doing anything what he want to do”

“No”

Baekbeom and Ra Eum gaped when you said that. You ducked your head as you thinking about Baekhyun. You remembered when you passed with Baekhyun, he once said something stupid.

‘For me, it is no problem to get a penalty or not.’

That Baekhyun didn’t care about school or Sky Dorm. Even he can playing piano really well, but he wanted to stop doing it.

“He shouldn’t stop” You said that to Baekbeom with your determine eyes.

“You protest with that face. Seems like it was the most efficacious drug for that damn boy” Baekbeom said that then smirked to you.

You gaped. Didn’t understand with Baekbeom words about ‘face’.

“You are very resembling that girl. I thought, you just a little similar when I saw your photo. But after I see you with myself like this, it turns out you really similar with her” Baekbeom told you

 

***

 

“A Few days ago, she sent a letter. She really worried about you. She asked what’s wrong with you. Baekhyun ssi, are you still don’t forgive her?” Shin Se Gi asked Baekhyun. Baekhyun only silent, didn’t give any response

 

***

 

“Similar? Me?” You asked Baekbeom

“You resembling Shin Ri Jin, Shin sonsaeng’s niece. Person that made Baekhyun become useless like this”


 

Hello my lovely subbies! Here's new chapter for you. Thank you for reading it. I hope you like it! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

So many new character in this chapter, yes? And I can't think anything about any other name because I'm really enjoying Kill Me Heal Me, so I got the name from that drama. Hahaha

I need to inform you that my break already over ㅠㅠ My uni life will start again and I can't post chapter frequently because I'll get so busy with task and my thesis ㅠㅠ

But I'll try to update once a week! So please don't leave me! 날 떠나 지마 ~~ 제발~~ I'm begging you~~

So let's meet in next chapter! Ciao!