Phrase 10

Song Of Love

“Eh? She hit him? That almighty Baekhyun?” Luhan said that with shocked face

“Eum. That’s right. I saw it myself” Chanyeol nodded and smile to other student that gathered in the dorm’s living room. They all shocked to hear you hit Baekhyun.

“Wow! It’s getting more interesting!”

“There’s a witness! She deserves the title of ‘The Bravest’”

All the students chattered about your braveness to hit Baekhyun. Because it was a miracle that actually someone can deal with Baekhyun.

“But, is it okay? What if she will continue to be chased by Baekhyun?” Jongdae said with worried tone. He didn’t want you to get in to trouble again with Baekhyun.

“Ah, it’s fine, right? Baekhyun isn’t type of person that used violence to deal with someone” Luhan told Jongdae

“Ah, that’s right. All this time, even he always break the rules, he never used violence to his partner. And he never used his hand to shoo away his partner.” Said other student

Chanyeol only smiled to hear all student’s words. Then he saw someone entered the dorm. It’s Sehun.

“Ah, Sehun, you just come? It’s rare you almost late” Chanyeol asked Sehun

“Sorry, it’s because the new system actually need more time and staff”

“Oh… Are you see Baekhyun and you outside?”

“Ng… I saw you go by car” Sehun tell Chanyeol

“Ha?”

“Seems like it’s Jin Young sonsaengnim’s car. I just barely saw that. But, it looks like she go ballistic in the car. And I saw Baekhyun was going somewhere outside the dorm”

Chanyeol only silent to hear that. Then try to thinking all the possibilities what that happened with you and Baekhyun.

“Perhaps Jin Young sonsaengnim abducted her?”

“He? It’s impossible!”

“Triangle love?!!!”

Chanyeol went outside the living room and took his phone from his jeans’ pocket and called the dorm’s administration desk. “Sorry for disturbing you. I’m Chanyeol from Sky Dorm. Is there any student from Sky Dorm that reported he or she went or stay outside the dorm?” Chanyeol stopped his talk a while and heard the answer. “Ah, like that? Okay. Thank you” He hung up the telephone. When he turned his body, he see Kai.

“Chanyeol hyung? How?”

“Ah, there’s no report to me and to the admin. Beside Baekhyun’s problem, I never guess Jin Young as her teacher has heart to break the rules by take her away from the dorm”

“He is in fault too because he didn’t give any report”

Chanyeol tried to call you and Baekhyun, but he only get a voice tell him that the phone he called is outreached. “Ah, it’s troublesome. Whereas I want to make the problem disappear from here. I think finally the situation will become calm, but it become like this. Ugh, didn’t think about other’s feeling. Why always make a fuss” Chanyeol said that with furious tone then walk away to go to his room.

 

***

 

“I was forced to enter the Sky Dorm. My father is only a common employee. He can’t pay the ransom”

You tell that to Jin Young. You are sitting in a café with Jin Young. There are a pasta and juice on your table. You think that he abducted you and he want money from you. That’s why you tell him your family situation.

Jin Young snorted lightly after he heard what you say. “Please keep calm. Just eat your food. I said it before. I’m not a prince with white car that kidnapped you”

You confused, don’t know what to do. You think maybe Jin Young is a dangerous person, so you can’t let your guard down to him. Then you remembered something about him. He only have a little student but he is really famous. It’s mean he is really a dangerous person, that’s why no one wants to be his student.

“Are you happy live in the dorm?”

Jin Young sudden question make you startled, “Ha?” You start to eat your food before answered him.

“I’m very happy. All of the students are really kind to me”

 You convinced yourself that your dormitory life is fun. You can’t be a crybaby just because you shouldn’t be there. You think you are a useless person to live there.

“If Baekhyun? How is he?”

Your anger went up as you heard Baekhyun’s name. “He is a monster!” You said that with furious tone. Met with Baekhyun was a curse for you. Sometimes, when you see his figure at a glance, you through your day with tears and anger. You think it’s really stupid.

You remembered Baekhyun said you are in trauma before. What trauma. You don’t have any trauma. You really annoyed with that and he didn’t apologize to you before because he said thing like that.

Jin Young chuckled and say “Then, it’s good, right, I take you run away from scary monster?” He laugh lightly and looked at you and asked “Ah. Do you like children?” 

“Ha? Yes…” You nodded with surprised face

“Very very very like it?” Jin Young asked you again

“Ng? Yes.”

 

***

 

“Baekhyun! What’s wrong at night like this you called me?” Ra Eum entered Baekhyun’s room. Baekhyun was in a lobby of a hotel. “And why I must bring personal information about you?” Ra Eum approaching Baekhyun and sit in the sofa across him.

“She is my partner. It’s normal to know more about her. So, are you bring it?” Baekhyun held out his hand to ask for a documents from Ra Eum.

“It’s only a little. Her personal information is confidential. I didn’t see that too”

“Hoo… It’s harder to tell me than fulfill my request, right?” Bekhyun give Ra Eum his smirked and Ra Eum felt she was in under pressure because of Baekhyun.

“What do you want to know?” Ra Eum give up to not to tell Baekhyun about your information.

“What do you know about her?”

“Her family consists of father, mother, and four younger brothers”

“Her parents’ job?”

“Technician in a large company that making cars. Her mother doesn’t work”

“Course or any other club activities?”

“Nothing”

Baekhyun sigh, “Her mother remarried, right? Her mother ex-husband?”

“Just up right there”

“Tell me. About her situation before her parents’ divorce. Is any of them are related to music?”

“Ah” Ra Eum smiled to Baekhyun and asked him without answered his question “I understand if you want to know more about her. But actually, what happened? You suddenly want to know about her in the middle of night like this”

“Nothing. But, I don’t know why, I feel annoyed” Baekhyun annoyed about you that always say you’re fine where everything didn’t go well for you. You smiled with your weird face. Baekhyun confused why you do stupid thing like that. And he think perhaps you always do that all this time.

 

***

 

“Sorry for to make you all wait so long! She is you!”

Your face become pale. You arrived at a building that you didn’t know what building it was. But it was really crowded, so many people there. You followed Jin Young and entered one of the room, you see a bunch of children playing with clothes. They throw the clothes to each other as it is a fun thing to do.

“Ah, I’ve waited you. Hello, you! First, can you change all this children clothes?”

“Hah?” You come to approaching the woman that changing one of the children clothes and asked her “What is it for?”

“He? Jin Young haven’t tell you?”

Before you hear an answer you heard some children shouted at her “Kimmi, I want to pee!!”

The woman that called Kimmi sighed and asked you, “Can you please accompany them to the toilet?”

You that actually still didn’t understand about the situation only nodded and helped her to take care all the children without asking anything.

 

***

 

“Well, kids! Are you all ready now?” Jin Young asked all the children. He is now wearing a proper formal clothes. He wear a white shirt with dark brown tuxedo with a stripes scarf on his neck. All the children now already wear same clothes.

“Well, let’s have fun!” Jin Young shouted that and led the children to go to somewhere.

You feel tired after take care all the children. The room is very messy with many things scattered all around the room. You lay your back on the floor tiredly and you see Kimmi above you.

“Come on! We must go too!”

You flustered. But still followed her. You went to outside the building. When you walk out to the yard, you saw many people there. They were prepared something to perform like dance, art, and etc. When you walked to someplace in the yard, you saw the children that you helped before singing in the stage with Jin Young led as a coryphaeus in front of them. You saw a banner that read “City Music Festival”.

You see many people gathered there. They were watched the performance at the stage or just bought the foods on the stalls.

“Thank you for your help” You stopped look around and accepted something from Kimmi. It was a rundown for the City Music Festival.

“City Music Festival? I just know…” You saw the rundown and talked to Kimmie

“The spouse who was supposed to help me can’t come because they got an accident. After this, the children will sing again at 1 pm and 3 pm. Please help me until they finished the performance.”

“Ah, ne” You answered her and your eyes looked at the stage again. You saw the children singing happily there. “Are all the children are Jin Young sonsaeng’s students?” you asked Kimmi.

“Actually, they are only an amateur. That’s why today performance not done in the room. But exceptional children also exist anyway” Kimmi told you. Then you hear a voice from one of the children out of the tone. Kimmi chuckled after hear that “See? It is from the children that have blonde hair. Her name is Jane, her Korean isn’t good. But even like that, it’s fun, right?”

You smiled. You saw all the people happy. Then you hear Kimmi asked you, “You called him Jin Young sonsaeng? You are Seika’s students too?”

“Ah yes…” You nodded then asked her “Too?”

Kimmi winked at you and answered “Me and Jin Young are graduate from Seika”

You surprised to hear that. You teacher is your senior actually. Then Kimmi told you her story.

“When we were still child, we both were in piano class. He is my junior. He was back and forth from home to school, but he entered Sky Dorm then”

“Eh? Eh?” You surprised for the second time to hear Jin Young actually from Sky Dorm too. Kimmi take you to sit on the bench and she continued her talk.

“He was a cool guy with white skin” Kimmi told you and you only silent. Then she asked you “How is Jin Young as your teacher?”

“Eh? Ng… That is… I can’t doing anything. So…” Your face turned sad remembering that you can’t sing. Kimmi looked at you with confused face and realized something from your face. Before she talk again, you and Kimmi heard the children coming to your place.

“Kimmiiii!! How about or performance befoooree?” One of the children shouted.

“I was wrong at the end part!”

Kimmi smiled to them and give them hifive one by one. “Nah. You guys are really great!”

“Yeeeiii!”

“Well, let’s eat our lunch in our room before. If you want to look around, you must go with three people minimum! If you want to go to the theater, don’t be noisy!” Kimmi told the children then they walk away.

 You saw them scattered around and you feel someone stared at you. There was two children looked at you and they give you a paper, “Jin Young sonsaeng said eonni is a singer too. It is for you!” Then they went after their friend to the theater. You saw the paper and you know that it is a song lyric that they sing before. It written in English words.

“How are my children before? They are great, right?” Jin Young approaching you and do hi five with Kimmi.

“I heard Jin Young sonsaeng only have a little student, is it right?” You asked Jin Young

Jin Young laugh lightly and answered “I only want to do thing that I like. It is interesting though. The naughty children, the demure children, and the children that don’t completely understand our language, they all are serious under my guidance. When everyone have been struggling with all they might, I feel so peaceful. Sometimes there is a tone that missed. But because it is fun, so I forgive that”

Kimmi snorted and elbowed Jin Young’s hand “Now he said like that. Whereas before he is a devil. There was someone that accompany him with difficulty, and he only say ‘Kimmi can’t play music that I liked!’ He is very arrogant, right?”

“Yeah… I have so many problem back then. It was very dark past” Jin Young saw what you hold in your hand and told you something “That was made by the children actually. They all great, right?”

You saw at the lyric then a kid bumped your back. It was not only the kid that bumped at you, there was an ice cream stained at your clothes. You saw the kid crying because she can’t eat her ice cream anymore. You felt want to cry too because your clothes become dirty now.

 

***

 

“Thank you for the food”

You already changed your clothes to committee shirt. It was better than you wear your ice cream stained clothes. You talked to Kimmi again.

“Are you always come every year to this festival?” You asked Kimmi

“Yes, it’s already 6 years. Two years ago, Jin Young still trembling when performed at the stage” Kimmi chuckled after say that.

“Before Jin Young sonsaeng, are you that handled this all?”

“No, it’s my classmate. His name is Lee Nan, Jin Young partner in Sky Dorm. Jin Young replaces him because he must going abroad” Kimmi told you

“Ah… He must be a great person”

“Yes! Really great!”

“But he was already bother going to school music, but he studied economics and become an elite employee instead, it was all because my fault” Jin Young suddenly told you this facts. You showed your concerned and curious face and Jin Young continued “I am originally from piano class. But in Seika, I caught by one of vocal teacher and become interested in that field. Then I started learned vocal art class in second term. It’s very fun and I think I have a talent for that. I participated in many concert and paired with my senior. At that time, I only a teenager. ‘Your singing isn’t interesting’. I said that to him. If I remember that now, I got goosebumps. I have a big mouth, right?” Jin Young grinned at you. Then you heard someone called him.

“Sorry, who is the representation for this group? There will be a briefing for the next event”

“Ah, I’ll go there soon”

Jin Young left you and you saw two children that give you the lyric before. “Have you practiced, eonni?” They asked you.

You startled and shook your head “No… I haven’t practiced it”

“If you can’t read it, you can read mine. It’s in Korean”

You read the paper and it was written in hangul, not in romaji like you have. “You all are great. You don’t understand the language but you keep calm” You told the children

“Because it has nothing to do with that, right? Jin Young sonsaeng taught us to dance too. We really like it. It’s fun!”

Then Jin Young called all the children, because next will be their performance. They go to Jin Young and disappeared from your sight. Kimmi sat beside you and talked to you.

“Jin Young already told you about his story, right? When he was teenager, he was a big mouth”

“Yes…”

Kimmi sighed. “Even he grew up with a way to live freely, but strangely he always torturing himself. Jin Young’s words actually one of the reason Lee Nan give up about music, but in fact at that time Lee Nan also being indecisive about his talent, goals, and future. And seems like Lee Nan didn’t know if he can reached all of that. That’s why Lee Nan said Jin Young’s words answered all his question”

You and Kimmi walked to the front of the stage. Then you both watched the children performance. They sing very happily.

“During when Lee Nan being an office employee, he formed a choir group. He really a music lover. When he must going abroad, he count on Jin Young about the choir group. He said only Jin Young that can do that. Whereas it isn’t Jin Young want, but he very persistent to do that. And finally he understand thing that make people happy and not happy. That’s why he is fine doing all of this. Because it is fun”

You heard all Kimmi said to you. You watched the children face at the stage and they looked really happy to sing. Fun. You really forget about that until you can’t let your voice out for sing. You tried desperately to make your voice out without thinking about your feeling when sing. You started remembered the happiness feeling when you sing. Maybe Jin Young know about that. That’s why he didn’t give you proper lesson about singing all this time and let you watched weird film. He wants you to know the happiness feeling when sing. You smiled and now you know that you must sing with happy feeling, not with pressured feeling.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun, it’s evening already. You didn’t woke up from your bed since morning!” Ra Eum scolded Baekhyun. Then she saw that Baekhyun didn’t move his body at all. She sighed, give up to Baekhyun. “Okay, I’ll tell you more about you. But please don’t misuse this”

Finally Baekhyun woke up from his bed and give Ra Eum a glance, “Misuse? About what?” Baekhyun asked Ra Eum. And told him something about you.

“Twin?”

“Yes, she have a twin sister. Seems like her twin sister lived with her father after her parents divorced” Ra Eum told Baekhyun.

“Then? Her father?” Baekyhun asked Ra Eum for detail information.

“A jazz pianist. Before her parent divorced, they all lived together in her grandmother house from her father side. And her grandmother teach a piano lesson in that house”

Then Baekhyun remembered Jin Young has said to him that maybe you never learned music formally but you have experience with music.

“Oh, I see. I understand now” 


 

#HappyKaiDay #HappyJonginDay

Here's the new chapter for my lovely readers!

There's no interaction between Baekhyun and the girl for this chapter. hahaha

Enjoy reading~~