Phrase 13

Song Of Love

“What a relieved. Finally she can singing now” Luhan said to Baekhyun

“Wow. You already know it?” Chanyeol talked to Luhan with surprised and amazed face

“Eum. There is many rumor spread around though”

Baekhyun only quiet when heard all the talking. He already know what the reason behind that though.

“Hey! That’s her!” Minseok pointed at your class “Ah, I only can see her back!”

“What kind of magic you used?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun

Bekhyun didn’t answered Chanyeol. He closed his book and walked away from him.

 

***

 

“Yep! Okay. It’s better than yesterday. You can already use vocal technique and voice muscle. But later, please, when you sing, look at here, look at me, and don’t give your back for me”

Jinyoung stopped playing piano and said that to you. You stopped singing and turned your head to look at Jin Young. You grinned at him and apologize. You still felt a little bit uneasy when singing in front of other. But you feel great because finally you can sing again.

“By the way. Why you can do it now? Your voice can out now. Why? Must be something happened behind it, right?” Jin Young asked you.

Your brain started thinking how to answer that question. Then you remembered Baekhyun and felt embarrassed. You hid your face with the music sheets that you hold. Cannot answered Jin Young question.

Jin Young chukled to see your reaction. “Yeah, whatever. Let’s have fun!” Jin Young told you.

You nodded and smiled to him. After that he told you to go to your next class. You walked away from the room and went to your next class. You still embarrassed and your voice still stuttered when sing. But you feel happy in your vocal class. Then you remembered that before your phone vibrated in the class. You checked the phone. There was a message from your brother. You shocked after read the message and ran quickly to find Chanyeol.

 

***

 

“What?! Your brother will come?! Today?!” Chanyeol shouted at you

You put your face on the table and answered weakly “Yes… My family want to check my condition here, but I always rejected them. So my brother come alone instead”

“You still didn’t told your family about your department and dorm transfer?” Chanyeol asked you

“Not yet” You wanted to cry at that moment.

“See? I told you before. If you didn’t told them quickly, there will be a problem later” Baekhyun told you

You know Baekhyun was right. You actually didn’t intended to keep this matter forever. But, you still not ready to tell your family about this.

“Your brother only know that you stayed at Sun Dorm, right? At there, boy are prohibited from entering the dorm. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it. It’s my responsibility after all” Chanyeol told you and walked away from your place without give you explanation what he planned to solve this problem.

“Your brother only one year apart from you, right?” Baekhyun asked you

“Ng? Yes…” You confused why Baekhyun asked you that. But then you remembered he always wanted to know all about you from the incident at the elevator before.

“He is very cute! I met him for the first time when he was still in elementary school. Needs many time to get closer with him. But now I feel like I spoiled him too much. We always together. Eat together, watch movie together, and study together”

You told Baekhyun and chuckled when remembering all the times when you with your brother. You really happy that now you can let out your voice. You wanted to tell your family about that but you think it’s too fast to tell them. Then your phone ringing. You saw your brother’s name blinked at the screen.

“Gyaaaa!!! What should I do?!!” You shouted while you hold your phone. Panicked, and asked Baekhyun for help. But he didn’t give any reaction to it. Then you heard someone talking.

“Hey, why you are panic like that?”

You sure it wasn’t Baekhyun voice. So you turned your head and saw your brother only two meter apart form you. Then he came approaching you and make his hand around your neck now. You surprised to see him in here.

“Kyungsoo! Why you are here?!!” You asked your brother with shocked voice.

“I texted you before!” Kyungsoo answered you and give you his grin smile.

“But, I didn’t expected you will come today!”

“I come faster because I want to see you quickly” Kyungsoo let off his hand from you and pointed at the girls that accompany him to your place now. “They told me where you are when I looked around your school confusingly” Then Kyungsoo realized there was someone beside you at there. He looked at Baekhyun

“Ah, he is my senior. Byun Baekhyun sunbae” You introduce Baekhyun to Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo put his hand around your shoulder. Make your body closer to him. Your back met with his chest. “Hello! I’m Kyungsoo. Thank you for taking care of my sister. Sorry if she always make you in trouble” Kyungsoo said that to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stand up from his seat. “If then, I’ll excuse myself, you si” Baekhyun said that to you with sarcastic voice. After that he walked away from you without looking back again to you.

You think Baekhyun was satirize you because he called your name with ‘si’.

“Ah! You are here!!” Jin Young shouted at you and then approaching you. You felt panicked, because you didn’t want Kyungsoo know about Jin Young being your vocal class teacher. But then Baekhyun pulled Jin Young with him.

“Oh? Hey? Baekhyun! Let me go! Hey!!!” Jin Young yelled at Baekhyun but he ignored it and pulled Jin Young away from your place with him. Then they disappeared from your sight. You feel relieved after seeing that. Kyungsoo stared at your face. He felt something weird.

“That weird person didn’t have any relationship with you right?” Kyungsoo asked you and put his chin on your head.

“Ah… Yes…” You answered your brother then feel a bad feeling about this all. Because you know, hide something from your family wasn’t a good idea at all. Then you saw Chanyeol appearance from far. Then he approaching you.

“He is your brother?” Chanyeol asked you and you nod your head. Chanyeol observed your brother than introduce himself “Hello, I’m Park Chanyeol. I’m the head of her dorm”

“Ha? Head of the dorm?” Kyungsoo shocked. You panicked. Chanyeol introduced himself as your dorm’s head. It would looked more suspicious. You wish Chanyeol will said you stayed at the Sun Dorm, not Sky Dorm.

“Ah, actually. The Sun Dorm is full, so she stayed at our dorm” Chanyeol told Kyungsoo

“Our dorm? Mean?” Kyungsoo still flustered

“Where do you stay for tonight? Hotel?” Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo, ignored Kyungsoo’s question before.

“Ah, no. I’m planning to go back today”

“Ah, what if you stay over in our dorm?”

You shocked after hear that. Why Chanyeol asked your brother to stay at the dorm. It would make your secret revealed easily. But Chanyeol ignored your shocked face.

“You must be curious about your precious sister’s place, right? Better you check it yourself, so you can feel relieved after that” Chanyeol told Kyungsoo

“Oh, you’re right. Thank you. If then, I’ll stay tonight!”

“Heh?!!!”

You surprised your brother agree to stay over that easily. You didn’t know what Chanyol’s plan. Just wish everything will be okay.

 

***

 

“Her brother, huh? She hide her department and dorm transfer from her family. Hm… interesting!” Jin Young said to Baekhyun. After Baekhyun pulled him from approaching you and your brother before, they were in Jin Young’s office now.

“Yes, that’s why her brother may not knowing about you being her teacher” Baekhyun told Jin Young

“Ah, you must be the number one of the disturber for her and must be hidden from him, right? Then, about her voice problem, is it any connection with her family problem?” Jin Young asked Baekhyun.

“Hm…” Baekhyun didn’t give any response to Jin Young’s question. He didn’t want anyone know about you.

“Ah, Baekhyun ah, you are not cute!!” Jin Young yelled at Baekhyun then sighed. “Actually, it is great she can singing now. But if she can’t tell her family about it, it will be become a troublesome problem, right? What do you think about it?”

“It is her problem” Baekhyun said coldly.

“Heee… You are so cold as her partner! Yeah, I know you only concerned about your own business. Exactly same with the gossip I've heard. Whereas, when in middle school, you are the teacher’s starlet. But in high school, you suddenly become a useless person. I don’t know what happened, but, yeah, let it go for now. But, it’s better if you solved your problem too, right?”

After Jin Young said that, Baekhyun become speechless. And walked away from him with expressionless face without saying anything.

 

***

 

“Because you come so suddenly, so we have not prepared anything. But later we will be provided a change of clothes for you.” Chanyeol said to Kyungsoo.

“He? Is it not troublesome for you?”

“It’s okay”

You, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo went to your dorm. You felt many eyes eyeing you and your brother. The students get so curious who was come. Then Chanyeol lead you and Kyungsoo to a room.

“It is the room” Chanyeol said that after unlocking the door.

In the room, there was a bed pushed to the middle of the wall, two bedside tables on either side. The walls were white, and so was the bed cover. The room was clean. No dust, no pictures. 

“Wow! It’s nice! Like in a hotel!” Kyungsoo amazed when see the room

Chanyeol chuckled lightly. “It is a spare room for a guest”

Kyungsoo looked at you and you got surprised for receive a sudden gaze.

“How if you sleep here with me?” Kyungsoo asked you

“Hah?”

“I want to talk many things with you. But I prohibited to go to your room”

You want to accompany Kyungsoo because you didn’t want him to be alone. But you can’t do it. You apologized to him then he showed you his aegyo. You can’t stand his aegyo honestly. But you tried to hold yourself to not to fall to his aegyo and told him that you really can’t slept with him.

“So, where’s your roommate? I can meet him now?” Kyungsoo asked you. You gasped and speechless. Didn’t answered him. But Chanyeol helped you.

“It seems he still has not returned yet”

“Oh. I want to asked him something” Kyungsoo said

“Eh?”

“Today, I come here because I want to know your condition. But I want to asked people’s opinion here about you too” Kyungsoo told you

“Opinion?” Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo

“It’s not about you life in the dorm. But about the possibility if she lived with her family again. Basically, I want her to move to my school”

You surprised to hear that from Kyungsoo. It was not you and Chanyeol only that heard that. A few students heard it too. Baekhyun just arrived at the dorm and heard it too.

“Move? What do you mean?” You asked Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun that just arrived. Then he crossed his hand on his chest and looked at you.

“Didn’t told the family that you entered the music department and not stay in the Sun Dorm. I’m really worried”

You totally shocked after Kyungsoo said that. Then Chanyeol leave you and Kyungsoo alone in the room. He closed the door and now only you and Kyungsoo in the room. Kyungsoo sat on the edge of the bed. You followed him and sit on the chair across him.

The atmosphere become so awkward between you and Kyungsoo. Only silent that filled the room.

“You… Why you know about…” You finally break the silence. But before you finished your words, Kyungsoo answered you.

“Ah, that’s because I talked many things about you with the people that helped me to find you before. But I didn’t think you are that famous” Kyungsoo stopped a while and continue. “So? What happened? What about the music department? I heard from them you entered music department. I didn’t know anything about it!”

You tried to look away from Kyungsoo eyes. Hesitantly to answer Kyungsoo. Your mind thinking, what kind of lie you will have made now to Kyungsoo. Then Kyungsoo rose up from his seat and come closer to you then leaned his head to look at you more intensely. Your eyes finally met his eyes now.

“Who told you to hide this from us? Are you don’t feel guilty at all? So, mind to explain about all this situation to me?” Kyungsoo pleaded at you.

You lift your hands between your face and Kyungsoo’s face for stopped his face coming closer to you. “So… Sorry about that. Please don’t be angry” You stuttered said that to Kyungsoo.

“So, think about what I said before!” Kyungsoo yelled at you.

You feel scared. You think it was not Kyungsoo that you know. Kyungsoo that you know was cute and kind. Not a boy that impose his will to other. Then Kyungsoo stopped staring at you. He then was sitting in the chair next to you.

Kyungsoo sighed. “You say to eomma to not worry about you. So that was a lie after all”

“Eh?”

“Honestly, I want to always be with you, always want to talk with you. I want to go back home with you too” Kyungsoo grabbed a few of your hair and caressed it. “So, please think carefully about you transfer to my school”

 

***

 

 A few of Sky Dorm’s students gathered in dorm’s living room. They were talking about you and your brother.

“He isn’t a common brother, right?”

“At first, I think he is a friendly boy, but it turns out he is a wolf disguised as a sheep”

“Enough! You must worry about you now!” Jongdae shouted at them. Then he asked Chanyeol “What he mean with his words before?!”

Chanyeol sighed “I don’t know. But I know her feeling must be miserable now”

“Are you serious?!” Jongdae yelled

“How if she really will moving soon?!!”

“We already find a perfect match for that bastard ice prince!”

“But the problem started with you let that boy stay at here!!”

“Yes! You stupid head of the dorm!”

Chanyeol chuckled heard all of the complained and say “Because I think it will be interesting later” Chanyeol looked at other side and saw Baekhyun passed on the hallway “Baekhyun, how do you think about this?”

Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol and keep walking. Chanyeol decided to follow him.

“If you let it, your partner will told about her roommate to her brother” Chanyeol told Baekhyun

“It is up to her. I don’t care” Baekhyun answered coldly.

“If you don’t care, something that precious for you will go later”

Baekhyun ingnored Chanyeol again and walked away from him. He went to his room and met with you at the stair. He looked at you with his accusing gaze.

“I know I’m in wrong! Because I shut my mouth, the problem become bigger now!” You shouted at Baekhyun

“Yes” Baekhyun replied still with his cold tone

“Thank you for your cold response” You snorted.

“I don’t understand. Which side of your brother that you called him cute?”

“But… He always cute before. I don’t know why he become like that. He must be not my Kyungsoo” You wanted to cry after said that. Didn’t accept about Kyungsoo being your brother now.

“So? What the result of your talk?” Baekhyun asked you

“Ah. He asked me to think about it carefully. Seem like he really want me to go back with him”

“So it’s like that. So, you are in hesitation now?”

You saw Baekhyun’s back. He went down the stair, want to go to the basement.

“Ah, you will go practice?” You asked Baekhyun

“There is an additional request from Ra Eum. So I will start working on it now.” Baekhyun replied without looking at you and he lift his hand to show you a document in his hand.

“Ah! Let me go with you!”

You followed Baekhyun to the music practice room. You entered the room and sat on the floor. Baekhyun go to the piano and started playing it to make a song.

You were thinking about what Baekhyun said to you before. Was it right that you were in hesitation now? When you heard that your mother want you to go back, you not feel that you didn’t happy to hear that. You think maybe you should go back because it made your mother less worried about you. But you like stayed in here actually. Like to be with Baekhyun, his piano to be exact, and all of the Sky Dorm student.

“Dating in a room, huh?”

You startled to hear that. You and Baekhyun turned to look who was said that. And you saw Kyungsoo leaned on the entrance room with his hands crossed at his chest.

“Baekhyun hyung can play piano? It’s cool” After said that, Kyungsoo approaching you and asked “If you, what do you learn in music department? It is music instrument too, right?”

“Ng… Vocal…” You sounded hesitation when answered Kyungsoo

“Hoo… In music department you learned from the basic, right? Should be I transfer in here instead you transfer to my school then?” Kyungsoo said and you just silent.

“Sense of ritmic and tone” Baekhyun suddenly said that and playing the piano lightly “You need hearing ability and strong instinct to entered music department. Even she never learned music formally, she already accustomed to music since she was a child” Baekhyun told Kyungsoo

“What do you mean?!” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun with a mad voice and walked to Baekhyun’s place

“Kyungsoo, enough!” You stopped Kyungsoo and talking to him “My grandmother was a piano teacher. That’s why I get used to hearing music”

“Grandmother?!” Kyungsoo flustered because as he know his grandmother can’t play piano, then he remembered your biological father “Ah, your father’s mom?” You nodded and he continue “Why you must hide it? Just tell that you want to in the music department. No one that forbid that right?”

You went silent. Can’t answered Kyungsoo properly. Kyungsoo studied your facial expression then he talked again.

“It’s eomma, right?”

Your eyes got bigger after Kyungsoo said that. Baekhyun glanced at your side to see your reaction. But you only silent. Then Kyungsoo snorted and sit in the chair.

“Ck. Really. I’m really annoyed. Music department, dorm, you hide it all from us. If I didn’t come today, you surely will hide it forever from us, right?” Kyungsoo pleaded and asked you.

“No… I didn’t intend to hide it. But…”

“What should we do now? It all already happened. So, how? You didn’t want to play hide and seek with us too, right? That’s why, what if you go back with me and transfer to my school? Eomma will be happy too”

You looked at Kyungsoo. You don’t know what to do beside to hear his words. Your mind can’t think straight now.

“I don’t know about the old you, but the you that I know now, are your dare to argue with eomma? After all, are you really afford to struggle in music department? It isn’t enough only with studying it hard, right? Seems like you just playing around!”

You slapped both side of Kyungsoo’s cheeks with your hands. You stared at his eyes intensely.

“Don’t be like that! I, as your sister, never forgive you if you talked like that!” You shouted at Kyungsoo. Then Kyungsoo let off your hand from his cheeks and stand up.

“You are not my sister!!!” Kyungsoo yelled at you

You shocked to hear that. “Not… Not… Your sister…?” You know that he is not your biological brother, but he still your brother after all, because his father is your father now.

“Yes. And if it really isn’t you just playing around, tried to prove it. If you don’t want to go back home and want to stay here seriously, prove it with your singing!” 


 

How about this chapter? I hope you like it! hohohoho~

See you in next chapter~~